We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
16 Apr-09:46:56 Re: locality? (Bob Kerr)
16 Apr-05:47:22 Re: locality? (Tobi)
16 Apr-03:43:50 Re: locality? (Jordi Fabre)
16 Apr-03:36:35 Re: locality? (Tobi)
15 Apr-02:42:05 The mizunaka collection - fluorite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Apr-20:48:16 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Apr-07:32:21 Re: locality? (Peter Megaw)
14 Apr-07:30:00 Locality? (Bob Kerr)
13 Apr-17:53:56 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
13 Apr-10:22:57 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
13 Apr-08:47:36 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
12 Apr-23:33:07 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
12 Apr-16:13:00 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
12 Apr-15:37:19 The mizunaka collection - beryl (Am Mizunaka)
12 Apr-14:55:06 Re: collection of carles millan (Carles Millan)
12 Apr-14:46:24 Re: collection of carles millan (Dany Mabillard)
12 Apr-14:44:22 Re: don lum collection (Dany Mabillard)
11 Apr-22:02:20 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
10 Apr-14:59:55 Re: the mizunaka collection - elbaite (Am Mizunaka)
10 Apr-09:05:31 Re: collection of carles millan (Carles Millan)
10 Apr-08:08:58 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
10 Apr-07:54:53 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Carles Millan)
10 Apr-07:44:49 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
10 Apr-05:49:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
10 Apr-05:46:01 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Tobi)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Apr 16, 2024 15:05

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Mineral collectors and dealers in Greece

Index -> Rockhounding trips

View previous topic :: View next topic  

John S. White
Site Admin

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2008 14:09    Post subject: Mineral collectors and dealers in Greece  

I have been trying to obtain the names of some mineral collectors and dealers in Greece for a friend who is travelling there this summer, but have hit a stone wall so far. Can anyone please provide some contacts for him?
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2008 15:14    Post subject: Re: Mineral collectors and dealers in Greece  

We have on this forum a mineral collector from Greece, Mr. Tsinidis Tasos. He supplied this infos, I publish it here on his behalf:

Dear Mr.Fabre
I will try and give as much information I can.
About mineral dealers:
All mineral dealers are in Athens.Their shops are along Perikleus st close to Omonia square in the center of Athens.The best and most well known among them is Nikos Albandakis.He has two mineral shops at 23 Perikleus st and 44 Perikleus st.His website is www.albandakis.gr.
I don't know names or websites of other dealers but as I told you before they all have their shops in the same street.
Now the difficult part....mineral collectors.....well there must be many,most of them in Athens.There are also some in Thessaloniki (the city where I live).
The major problem is that mineral collecting and all things that come together with this hobby are in childhood here in Greece.I only meet mineral collectors of Athens once a year in a mineral show when I go to sell alpine type quartz and other minerals that I find myself: ( https://www.fabreminerals.com/forum/Message-Board/viewtopic.php?t=88 )
They just buy what they like and leave.Here in Thessaloniki there are few mineral collectors but I see them and they see me only accidentally.There are no mineral clubs here so we meet and no mineral tours.I am sure that there must be some serious mineral collectors in Greece but I don't know them.Sorry.
I can help only in one way.If this friend of Mr.White wants to know collecting sites in Greece I can tell him and if my job allows me free time I can guide him to various locations I know as I have already done with 5 mineral collectors from Germany the last two months.Also I can help him find specimens from Chalkidiki (Kassandra mines,Madem Lakkos and Olimbiada mines) if he is interesting.
I know only locations in North Greece.
For more information please contact me. ( tsinidisminerals(at)yahoo.gr )
Thank you.

John S. White
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2008 05:22    Post subject: Re: Mineral collectors and dealers in Greece  

Dear Mr. Tasos:

Thank you so very much, I am sure that my friend will be contacting you.

Konstantinos Ch.

PostPosted: May 12, 2008 14:32    Post subject: Re: Mineral collectors and dealers in Greece  

Hello all!

I'm Greek,too, and I come from Thessaloniki. However, I live in Bulgaria the last 5 years. What Tasos said is true. Things should have been better when Laurion was still in production. Mr. Albantakis is the most well-known mineral dealer in Greece having also a personal Museum. There are collectors in Greece, but they are not many. There used to be a club in Athens, but to my knowledge is now inactive. I made some efforts to find the collectors but i had no luck. I'm working on my last chance right now to find some miners. If I have any news, I will post immediatelly.

However, if one wants to buy Greek minerals, she or he can do it at Munich. I'm sure there are dealers "cleaning" all valuable stuff and offering it there. I doubt one can find old greek material at reasonable prices (or at least better than wolrdwide dealers offer them).

Finding the collectors is the first step to revitalize the hobby in Greece.

One of my dreams is to found a Mineralogical Museum in Thessaloniki some day. It's a shame that the second biggest city in Greece has no such museum.

Tasos, I'd really like to meet each other in person! Please contact me through Mr.
Fabre, if you like!

Sorry I cannot help more!
-Kostas.

pfkchris

PostPosted: May 24, 2008 12:02    Post subject: Re: Mineral collectors and dealers in Greece  

Hi,

my name is Christos Spiromitros. I found this topic accidentally, while searching at Google. I'm a mineral dealer&collector from Thessaloniki. I know Tasos Tsinidis very well, we go collecting together from time to time. I have specimens from Chalkidiki and Serifos and also a few from Lavrio.
You can find a few pics of some specimens of mine in my mindat homepage. (I won't mention any commercial websites ;) ).

You or your friend can contact me at my email adress(I'm not allowed to post it?) , I'd be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Christos Spiromitros.

pfkchris

PostPosted: May 24, 2008 12:03    Post subject: Re: Mineral collectors and dealers in Greece  

My email adress: pfkchris (at) yahoo (dot) gr

Index -> Rockhounding trips   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: