We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 16:55

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Prices again
  Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Index -> The Ten Thousand Club

View previous topic :: View next topic  

keldjarn

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2012 01:14    Post subject: Re: Prices again  

Louis Friend wrote:

I will visit Tucson one day but not for a few years. My wife and children have other ideas about what to see in America, and a mineral show is not one of them. They appreciate my interest in mineralogy but Disney Land and the Grand Canyon are higher up on the list of things to do.

Dear Louis,

I have visited the USA and the Tucson-shows a number of times with my family including small children. and they have loved it. But minerals have to be only a small part of it. You can visit the shows a couple of days early during the shows and go looking for minerals while the family is recovering from the jet-lag- Then you can make it a "tourist-week" going by car to i.e. San Diego and Disney-land. You can continue past LA and up the old highway 1 towards San Fransisco watching sea-lions and beautiful scenery. If the weather permits, it is possible to continue back east including a visit to the Grand Canyon before returning south to Tucson and the Main Show. I am sure also your family will enjoy such a trip ! My children have enjoyed it so much they even want to go back to Tucson with me now in their 20`ies.

Knut
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2012 08:14    Post subject: Re: Prices again  

Hi to everybody!
Let me have an opinion too: good specimens are available on every price, even affordable! I always attend to the Munich mineral show and I saw every kind of specimen on every kind of price! Then, of course every stone has its quality and therefore its price, but I found for example small diamonds (you read well, DIAMONDS!!!) sold for some 10 or 20 €!
Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Louis Friend

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2012 23:22    Post subject: Re: Prices again  

keldjarn wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

I will visit Tucson one day but not for a few years. My wife and children have other ideas about what to see in America, and a mineral show is not one of them. They appreciate my interest in mineralogy but Disney Land and the Grand Canyon are higher up on the list of things to do.

Dear Louis,

I have visited the USA and the Tucson-shows a number of times with my family including small children. and they have loved it. But minerals have to be only a small part of it. You can visit the shows a couple of days early during the shows and go looking for minerals while the family is recovering from the jet-lag- Then you can make it a "tourist-week" going by car to i.e. San Diego and Disney-land. You can continue past LA and up the old highway 1 towards San Fransisco watching sea-lions and beautiful scenery. If the weather permits, it is possible to continue back east including a visit to the Grand Canyon before returning south to Tucson and the Main Show. I am sure also your family will enjoy such a trip ! My children have enjoyed it so much they even want to go back to Tucson with me now in their 20`ies.

Knut

Dear keldjarn:

Many thanks for your enthusiastic comments about Tucson. I have reviewed at length the current and past reports from several prominent FMF contributors and also from some subscribers to the Vug and if I had to choose between the Munich Show and Tucson Show, I would take Munich. This is no way implies Munich is “better” than Tucson, it is just that there are many other things I would like to do in America - visit friends, catch up with old College buddies and “hang out” with relatives. Munich would also provide me with the opportunity to visit either Bulgaria or Morocco or both and I could then connect directly with miners/mine managers and perhaps buy some “killer specimens” at very affordable prices.

Kind Regards

Louis

Index -> The Ten Thousand Club   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 2 of 2
  Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: