We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Mar-08:12:52 Green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
18 Mar-06:47:13 Mineralogy & museums 10 - cardiff - 12th-13th august 2024 (Roy Starkey)
18 Mar-02:50:32 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
17 Mar-01:57:58 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
15 Mar-14:27:47 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
15 Mar-13:49:04 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
15 Mar-09:18:42 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
15 Mar-03:45:43 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-21:29:31 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Mar-14:47:27 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-13:56:01 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
14 Mar-11:24:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-08:55:22 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
14 Mar-08:44:47 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
14 Mar-07:24:12 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
14 Mar-02:30:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-02:20:37 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Tobi)
13 Mar-23:40:08 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
13 Mar-14:22:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
13 Mar-14:02:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
13 Mar-00:57:48 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
12 Mar-07:36:06 Re: can you recommend a lab to analyse specimens (Luiz Oliveira)
11 Mar-16:19:18 Re: collection of philippe durand (Riccardo Modanesi)
11 Mar-15:18:26 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
11 Mar-15:13:07 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 18, 2024 22:31

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)

Index -> Mineral Shows by Gail Spann

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2012 08:51    Post subject: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Pierre Joubert wrote:
Hi Gail. Thank you for your Denver report. How about more mineral photos and less people photos.

Pierre, you are relatively new in FMF and that's probably why you are not familiar with this "long term topic" ;-)

We discussed a lot about this in the past (which is normal, all us we are collectors and we love minerals) but believe me is a very serious reason why Gail should do the reports as she want: is because it takes a so HUGE effort to do it, that only if Gail (or somebody else) can do it as her/him want to do and in the way her/him prefer to do, I'm sure it don't will be made, and this would be a terrible lost! ;-)

Jordi
PS: afterwards I will move the posts related with this topic, currently located in Fabulous Denver Gem and Mineral Show, Sept 14, 2012 and on...Gail Spann, to this thread, in order to keep the Gail's topic coherent

Pierre Joubert

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2012 10:29    Post subject: Re: The reason which Gail Spann can do what she want with her reportages ;-)  

Jordi Fabre wrote:
In https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?p=25649#25649 Pierre Joubert wrote:
Hi Gail. Thank you for your Denver report. How about more mineral photos and less people photos.

Pierre you are relatively new in FMF and that's probably why you are not familiar with this "long term topic" ;-)

We discussed a lot about this in the past (which is normal, all us we are collectors and we love minerals) but believe me is a very serious reason why Gail should do the reports as she want: is because it takes a so HUGE effort to do it, that only if Gail (or somebody else) can do it as her/him want and in the way her/him prefer, I'm sure it don't will be made, and this would be a terrible lost! ;-)

Jordi
PS: later one I will move the posts related with this topic, currently located in Fabulous Denver Gem and Mineral Show, Sept 14, 2012 and on...Gail Spann to this thread in order to keep the Gail's topic coherent

Hi Jordi. Thank you for taking the trouble to answer me:-) I have said what I wanted to, so no more comments here :-)

'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2012 10:46    Post subject: Re: The reason which Gail Spann can do what she want with her reportages ;-)  

Thank you Pierre.

I copy below the posts published before in Fabulous Denver Gem and Mineral Show, Sept 14, 2012 and on...Gail Spann

Pierre Joubert wrote:

Gail wrote:

Pierre,
I was at the show for one and a half hours, I pay my respects to all my friends and I like to photograph them. I didn't have any TIME to look at minerals!
And frankly, I do my show report how I like, that's why it has my name on it. I am sure there are other people with cameras that will do your bidding for you, perhaps you might even come yourself and we can all enjoy YOUR show report?

Pierre Joubert wrote:

No need to be sarcastic. It was merely a kind request:-(

Carles Millan wrote:
Gail wrote:
I do my show report how I like, that's why it has my name on it.

Of course, Gail, it's your right. Thanks for your great work. Please, go ahead and keep posting.

Gail wrote:

Thank you Carles!
And, Pierre, being sarcastic is the only way to be at 6 in the morning, when I read your post.Truthfully, just scroll past my people photos, there will be minerals I assure you. This is a labor of love, I don't get paid to do this after all, and we are very social people. I hope you enjoy despite?

Tobi wrote:

Come on folks, shake hands and don't argue about this topic!

Gail, i understand why you were p*ssed. But i don't think Pierre did this to offend you. He's just new and doesn't yet know what finally comes out when you're doing one of your great show reports!

And Pierre, i hope you are not too offended by Gail's reply, but if you wait a little bit, you will see A LOT OF MINERALS, trust me. Gail does wonderful and very personal show reports - that's why they are so appreciated by all of us. Just give her some time do manage all the photos, to select the best ones and to put them together to one of her typical reports.

Luiz Menezes

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2012 11:29    Post subject: Re: The reason which Gail Spann can do what she want with her reportages ;-)  

Gail, thank you for your report; I am still stuck at my selling room at the Ramada, I will only go to the Merchandize Mart on Sunday.

If you still have the opportunity of coming to the Ramada please stop by at my room # 108.

Luiz Menezes

Gail

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2012 01:33    Post subject: Re: The reason which Gail Spann can do what she want with her reportages ;-)  

Thanks Luiz!

Colleen Thomson

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2012 19:01    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

I love Gails show reports.
One of the main reasons they are so good is that i often don't have a clue who anyone is until I see a picture of them. having a 'face' that goes with the name is incredibly important. when that individuals' name then appears in these forums, on labels or at shows, I then can visualise who they are.

Thanks to Gail, these otherwise anonymous mineral folk would still be 'invisable'.
The people at these events are equally as important as the minerals. without them, who is to tell the stories and give the provenance to the mineral specimens on show?

supertxango

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 15:09    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Thanks Gail ! For people who lives at the other side of the Atlantic Ocean like me, is a good way to put face to all of important mineral people that you show in your reports. Also it´s a good way identify the owner of mineral web pages I have been visiting during so many years.

Gail

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 16:14    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Thank you all! I am home, drove for 13 1/2 hours with my husband and son yesterday.
I didn't mean to be so short with Pierre about this, I was very tired and didn't sleep well.
As you know this is a labor of love, and I thank Jordi for his great forum to post on. Often of competitor cases. He sees a bigger picture than most, it is very kind of him.
I will settle in shortly and continue my show report. And, yes, I have hundreds of mineral photos!
Cheers.

GneissWare

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 20:53    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Hey Gail!
Y'all are doin' a great job for those of us'all that couldn't make it to Denver this year, showing us the goings-on. Y'all keep up the good work.
Bob
PS Trying out my bi-lingual-ism -- Californian and Texan ;=))

Gail

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 21:02    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

GneissWare wrote:
Hey Gail!
Y'all are doin' a great job for those of us'all that couldn't make it to Denver this year, showing us the goings-on. Y'all keep up the good work.
Bob
PS Trying out my bi-lingual-ism -- Californian and Texan ;=))

Well you must be fixin' to speak more Y'all Drawl...but don't mix it with the land of the fruits and nuts!

GneissWare

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 21:19    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Gail wrote:
Well you must be fixin' to speak more Y'all Drawl...but don't mix it with the land of the fruits and nuts!

California is like granola -- what's not fruits and nuts is flakes. ;=>

Pierre Joubert

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 03:57    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Gail wrote:
Thank you all! I am home, drove for 13 1/2 hours with my husband and son yesterday.
I didn't mean to be so short with Pierre about this, I was very tired and didn't sleep well.
As you know this is a labor of love, and I thank Jordi for his great forum to post on. Often of competitor cases. He sees a bigger picture than most, it is very kind of him.
I will settle in shortly and continue my show report. And, yes, I have hundreds of mineral photos!
Cheers.

Hey Gail, and from my side, sorry for upsetting you. Hope you get some deserved rest:-) Kindest regards.

Gail

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 04:45    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Thank you Pierre, I appreciate your kind words.

I am catching up on rest, it's nice to be back home.

Pierre Joubert

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 05:00    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Gail wrote:
Thank you Pierre, I appreciate your kind words.

I am catching up on rest, it's nice to be back home.

Thank you Gail :) :-)

chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 09:55    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Hi Gail,

Thanks for the photos. Hope you'll post some more soon :-). If I can make it, I'll help you with the Denver Show Report next year.

Christophe

Gail

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 09:57    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Hey Christophe, that would be great, you will do your own report! Jim and I will be displaying next year, will be fun.

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2012 08:54    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Hi Gail!
Don't worry, go further by showing us your photos of minerals and curiosities from the expositions you always visit! It's always nice to see those photos, even for smiling a little bit!
Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Index -> Mineral Shows by Gail Spann   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: