We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
20 Mar-14:06:43 Re: dry gill mine, caldbeck fells, cumbria, uk (Forrestblyth)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 07:24

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
What's wrong with my post ?

Index -> Forum questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Aymeric

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2009 05:28    Post subject: What's wrong with my post ?  

Greetings Jordi,

I've posted some minutes ago a thread in the off-topic section, about something which seems, to me, to be of some importance for the mineral community, but it was erased only after a few minutes. I don't understand, what was wrong with it ? Can you help please ?
thanks,

Aymeric
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2009 05:48    Post subject: Re: What's wrong with my post ?  

Aymeric,

I sent to you a private email explaining why I deleted your message. It seems to me that you don't get it. Below I copied your deleted post and below my answer. Hopefully it helps.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 10:21 Post subject: Is ebay wiping out Pakistan-based mineral sellers ? More to come ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings people !

I've just finished a shocking conversation with one of my suppliers based in Peshawar. The man had an ebay account until a few days ago when he received the following email :

"Dear xxx,

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely due to concerns we have for the safety of the eBay community.

MC183 CIT NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Breach of User Agreement- faz4all

Why have we suspended your account?

From experience we know that certain items and actions are more closely associated with fraudulent activity on eBay than others. Under the eBay User Agreement we may suspend an account if we believe that the user may cause eBay or another eBay user financial loss or legal liabilities. You can read the User Agreement by copying this link into a new browser window:

You are prohibited from using eBay in any way, including registering new accounts. We have ended any open listings that you may have had.

Please be advised that this suspension does not relieve you of your obligation to pay any fees that you may owe to eBay.

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety"

I was in shock when I read that mail, and the local situation straight came to my mind as an explanation. They must be fearing to have some connection with taleban funding and don't want to get liable for that, so they just kick out pakistan-based sellers.
I have checked in the gemstones section where there used to be a quantity of pak-based seller and they're ALL GONE, but one which had opened his account recently.

If ugly-bay is starting acting so, then what's next ? Paypal ? WU ? DHL refusing to transport minerals from Pakistan ? Full embargo ?

What do you people think about that ? I've been in minerals since only a few years, so I don't know how things were working during the 90s with Afghani material, was there some embargo during the taleban reign ?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My email to Aymeric:

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:34 AM
Subject: Please not commercial aspects

Aymeric,

We try to keep FMF clean of all kind of commercial aspects, so the troubles of Pakistan dealers and his selling sources are not the kind of posts that we want to discuss in FMF. For this reason I deleted your post. I'm sorry for it.

Please try to publish mineralogical concepts in FMF and not so commercial. Thank you.

Jordi

Aymeric

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2009 06:34    Post subject: Re: What's wrong with my post ?  

Greetings Jordi,

Thanks for your reply. I've just found your message in my spam section, I just don't know why it went there.

Please, be sure that I am fully aware that commercial posts are not allowed here and that I fully agree with that.
But be sure too, that I wasn't posting this thread with a "commercial mind", at all. I'm French, based in France, and am only worried for Pakistan as a whole. I do love this country, maybe more than my homeland, and an embargo policy on minerals & gemstones would prove disastrous for the country and at international level (and I'm not talking about the possibility to obtain Pak material).
I'm just wondering wether ebay might have decided to "clean up" the place, due to political situation in Pakistan, and if it's the case, will it go further with other commercial or political entities deciding to take actions who might lead to some embargo. And so me to ask about other people's opinions & feelings about the possibilities of embargo ?
I don't think lots of mineral collectors would be happy if such a thing were to be implemented.

I just wanted to discuss a situation which, I think, all of us can relate in some way. We all do enjoy Pakistan minerals, no ?

Index -> Forum questions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: