We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 13:04

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Ecole des Mines de Paris (Paris School of Mines)

Index -> École des Mines de Paris (Paris School of Mines)

View previous topic :: View next topic  

asteriee

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2017 02:43    Post subject: Ecole des Mines de Paris (Paris School of Mines)  

Dear all,

Relative to your interest, I thought I would share this video of the Gallery of the Paris School of Mines' Mineralogy Museum. It is the largest mineral display on public in France, in an exceptional historic setting.

I thought I would encourage you to come and visit us before or after your trip to Sainte-Marie this year!

This video was recently filmed by a drone for a shooting we were doing with the Ecole des Arts Joailliers (copyright Ecole des Arts Joailliers, video by Laurent Kariv).

As you probably know, we have top specimens in the collection. I think that Bryan Swoboda did a great job reporting some in his last report of his visit: https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?t=4415

In the meantime, don't hesitate to share your experience on the FMF website, and on our social medias (@Mineralotech on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). We see that more and more foreigners are coming to visit us, and we love it!

I know our name can be confusing as we are known as ENSMP (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris), Ecole des Mines de Paris (Paris School of Mines), and MINES ParisTech (the newer brand name).
We are located within the School of Mines at 60 boulevard Saint Michel, 75006 Paris.

At the same time, I would of course encourage you to visit the other 2 collections in Paris that are within a 15 - 20 min walk (5 min cab ride at most!): "Trésors de la Terre" at the Jardin des Plantes for the National Museum of Natural History, and the "Collection des Minéraux" (known also as the "Sorbonne Collection" at the University Pierre et Marie Curie.

See you soon (in Sainte-Marie, Munich, Tucson... or at our museum in Paris!)

Eloïse Gaillou
Curator at the Paris School of Mines
MINES ParisTech
60 boulevard Saint-Michel
75006 Paris
FRANCE
Reply to topic Reply with quote

James Catmur
Site Admin

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2017 03:12    Post subject: Re: Ecole des Mines de Paris (Paris School of Mines)  

I have not been for some time, but know all three sites are worth a visit.

Philippe Durand

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2017 12:16    Post subject: Re: Ecole des Mines de Paris (Paris School of Mines)  

I have visited the three Paris Museum several times;
it is an extraordinary experience.

From Paris school of Mines museum I remember well a monstruous emerald and large dioptase geodes from Renéville (Congo)

this museum is a "old time " way of showing minerals; quite different from the two others.

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2017 07:58    Post subject: Re: Ecole des Mines de Paris (Paris School of Mines)  

Congratulations for this "drone" virtual visit. Good job Eloïse!

The Paris School of Mines is one of the three major mineral museums in Paris. The three museums form what is in my opinion the best set of minerals in the world with each Museum with its peculiarities. The Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle by tradition, History and its immensity, The "Collection des Minéraux" in the University Pierre et Marie Curie - Sorbonne (Jussieu) with the overwhelming aesthetics both of their exemplars and its presentation thanks to the excellent work and judgment of Pierre Bariand and his successor Jean-Claude Bouillard, but in my heart my favorite is School of Mines because it reflects the love of all geologists and researchers who contributed to make it bigger and fill it with mineralogy.

Don't miss the visit to the three Museums of minerals of Paris, as a whole they are a real luxury!

Ecole des Mines Paris - Pyromorphite El Horcajo Mines Spain.jpg
 Mineral: Pyromorphite
 Locality:
El Horcajo Mines, El Horcajo, Almodóvar del Campo, Comarca Campo de Calatrava, Ciudad Real, Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
 Dimensions: About 22 cm!
 Description:
Photo: Miguel Ángel Amaya (in 2008) / edits on the photo: Jordi Fabre
One of the candies that the School of Mines own. This is the best Pyromorphite from El Horcajo Mines I know and, in my opinion, one of the world's best Pyromorphite.
 Viewed:  12396 Time(s)

Ecole des Mines Paris - Pyromorphite El Horcajo Mines Spain.jpg

asteriee

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2017 09:37    Post subject: Re: Ecole des Mines de Paris (Paris School of Mines)  

Special photo, dedicated to Jordi: this is the back side of your favorite pyromorphite in our collection!

6276_07_MINES-ParisTech.jpg
 Mineral: Pyromorphite
 Dimensions: 19 x 18.5 x 8 cm
 Description:
This is the back side of the famous pyromorphite from El Horcajo on display at the Ecole des Mines de Paris. Yes, it is also perfect on that side!
 Viewed:  12266 Time(s)

6276_07_MINES-ParisTech.jpg

MINES ParisTech
60, Boulevard Saint Michel
75006 PARIS
FRANCE
Facebook / Twitter / Instagram : @Mineralotech

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2017 09:51    Post subject: Re: Ecole des Mines de Paris (Paris School of Mines)  

Yuuummmm! 🤗

Index -> École des Mines de Paris (Paris School of Mines)   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: