We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Mar-08:12:52 Green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
18 Mar-06:47:13 Mineralogy & museums 10 - cardiff - 12th-13th august 2024 (Roy Starkey)
18 Mar-02:50:32 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
17 Mar-01:57:58 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
15 Mar-14:27:47 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
15 Mar-13:49:04 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
15 Mar-09:18:42 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
15 Mar-03:45:43 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-21:29:31 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Mar-14:47:27 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-13:56:01 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
14 Mar-11:24:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-08:55:22 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
14 Mar-08:44:47 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
14 Mar-07:24:12 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
14 Mar-02:30:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-02:20:37 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Tobi)
13 Mar-23:40:08 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
13 Mar-14:22:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
13 Mar-14:02:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
13 Mar-00:57:48 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
12 Mar-07:36:06 Re: can you recommend a lab to analyse specimens (Luiz Oliveira)
11 Mar-16:19:18 Re: collection of philippe durand (Riccardo Modanesi)
11 Mar-15:18:26 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
11 Mar-15:13:07 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 18, 2024 23:10

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Presentation of new members - Reference Thread
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
  Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2017 04:24    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Alex, original from Belgium, but recently moved to Japan  

Welcome to FMF Alex.

Alfredo Petrov, a great expert on minerals from Japan, probably could help you...
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Alex D.

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2017 08:03    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Alex, original from Belgium, but recently moved to Japan  

Wow, thanks for the information. I will certainly contact him. I hope I can learn a lot here, and all good finds will be posted

Philippe Durand

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2017 11:17    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Alex, original from Belgium, but recently moved to Japan  

Warm welcome to the forum

Philippe

Don Lum

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2017 12:43    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Alex, original from Belgium, but recently moved to Japan  

Welcome to The Forum, Alex.

Don

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2017 12:46    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Alex, original from Belgium, but recently moved to Japan  

Welcome, Alex :-)

Ceanna

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2017 16:38    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Ceanna and her husband from Wisconsin  

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are from Wisconsin and are avid agate collectors. Both of us really love a good treasure hunt, but we don't really know what else to look for (and where to look for it) in our area mineral-wise. We do collect beach glass from Lake Superior, and we love to mushroom, however those aren't really relevant to a rock and mineral forum.
I am doing some research about water pressure guns, so you will see me in the cleaning/preserving section especially over the next few weeks. However, I've already enjoyed reading about some of your trips and finds and I'm excited to be in a forum with such like minded people! I love macro photography so you may even see a little of me in that department.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2017 16:54    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Ceanna and her husband from Wisconsin  

Welcome to both of you, Ceanna.

Pierre Joubert

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2017 02:07    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Warm welcome to Alex and Ceanna.

'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '

MatheusTorres

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2017 18:45    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Matheus Torres from Minas Gerais, Brazil  

Hi everybody!

I'm Matheus (Matthew), and I'm new here. I'm from Minas Gerais, Brazil, and I'm absolutely passionate about minerals. I've been collecting minerals since I was a child. I was born in "Santa Maria" region, so I love beryls! I'm not a native English speaker but I'll do my best. I'm not graduating in geology, but in medicine, so I don't have a real acknowledgement in minerals. I'm just a curious collector. I hope I can learn a lot here! This forum is quite interesting and educational. My collection is simple but I love it, I hope can share a little bit of it here.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2017 18:59    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Matheus Torres from Minas Gerais, Brazil  

Matheus, welcome to The Forum. Look forward to seeing your collection.

Don

Peter

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2017 19:00    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Matheus Torres from Minas Gerais, Brazil  

Most welcome Mattheus.
Hope you will get some new contacts and information here.
Peter

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2017 03:56    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Matheus Torres from Minas Gerais, Brazil  

Hi Matheus! A warm warm welcome from Italy as well! We all know Minas Gerais is a very interesting place for minerals and gemstones! Greetings by Riccardo.
Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2017 04:23    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Matheus Torres from Minas Gerais, Brazil  

MatheusTorres wrote:
... so i love beryls! ...

You're not the only one.
Welcome to this forum Matheus!
Gérard

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2017 04:39    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Matheus Torres from Minas Gerais, Brazil  

Welcome to the forum. We love minerals from Minas Gerais so show us them!

Bem vindo

James

Michael Shaw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2017 09:59    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Matheus Torres from Minas Gerais, Brazil  

Welcome to the Forum Matheus. There is a wealth of information here, so I'm sure no matter what your level of expertise you will be able to learn some new information about minerals. I too, look forward to seeing some minerals from your collection.

Michael

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2017 12:36    Post subject: Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Matheus Torres from Minas Gerais, Brazil  

Another warm welcome from Germany, Matheus!

As a passionate mineral collector, there are not many better places to live than Minas Gerais! Minerals from Brazil are not a main focus of my collection, but I love the wide range of crystalline treasures from your country. And like the other guys above, I'm excited to see your collection ... ;-)

Best regards
Tobi

Philippe Durand

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2017 13:04    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Matheus Torres from Minas Gerais, Brazil  

You are welcome, and I can t wait seeing your collection

Andrew Harvey

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2017 14:21    Post subject: Andrew Harvey from Cornwall  

Whoops - I made my first posts in the forum yesterday and I should have first written a short note to introduce myself; I apologize for my oversight.

I am new to minerals - two years since I first visited the spoil tips at Geevor Mine and got hooked. I am fortunate to live in Cornwall where there are so many mines to visit although collecting is banned at many of them.

I am now retired but spent my working life as a Chartered Surveyor, latterly as an estate manager. Happy times.

I find the forum fascinating. Some of my posts may seem a little basic (yesterday's incident with a lump of coal for example) but I am at the beginning and there is so much to learn - chemistry, crystallography, petrology, geology and of course mineralogy. I shall be grateful for any help received.

Kind regards

Jordi Fabre wrote:
Right from the start of the FMF we have encouraged and thanked the new members who, when they started to participate, wrote a short presentation. While it is not a requirement for membership, it has become considered polite for new members to do this as it links into the general feel of the forum and helps everyone get to know each new member. We really welcome those descriptions that give the name of the mineralnaut (even if it is a nickname, as writing to a members’ chosen short name can at time seem rather strange) and if people want to add interesting personal data such as age, mineral interests, etc that is great. We let each member choose what they want to say.

This is a minor item that, as I see things, helps improve our relationships, which otherwise can be, especially on the web, rather cold.

I think it is then neat that we can go back to this sometime later and see who has joined and how they have grown since then. Some ‘never again’, some very active, and some once in a while.

Kevin Schofield

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2018 13:12    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Kevin Schofield from Houston, Texas  

Greetings FMFers,

my name is Kevin Schofield, and I've made a post or two prior to submitting this introduction. I apologize for my poor form, but here it is now:

I have collected minerals since I was a young boy collecting pebbles from the beach where I grew up for my Dad to polish in his lapidary tumbler. One thing led to another, and I grew up to study geology at university (Leeds and Manchester in the UK), subsequently working in the oil industry for 34 years. I'm currently a Consulting Geologist and Visiting Professor of Petroleum Geoscience at the University of Leeds.

I have collected minerals on and off for most of my life, but became more serious about it early in the current millenium. Having been a postgraduate studying limestones, I chose to confine my collection to the carbonate minerals, with the exception of a suite of Cumbrian Barites to honour my early collecting days with my Dad. You can see some of my pieces in the two Texas Collectors supplements published by the Mineralogical Record in the past decade or so. Included below an Elmwood piece that didn't get into either...

Elmwood Mine Calcite, Galena and Barite.jpg
 Mineral: Calcite, Galena and Baryte
 Locality:
Elmwood Mine, Carthage, Central Tennessee Ba-F-Pb-Zn District, Smith County, Tennessee, USA
 Dimensions: 21.6 x 19.0 x 14.0 cm
 Description:
An old Elmwood piece with a rather different crystal form than the more classic scalenohedra and a relatively rare combination with galena and barite
 Viewed:  17350 Time(s)

Elmwood Mine Calcite, Galena and Barite.jpg

Philippe Durand

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2018 13:49    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

welcome on board Kevin
welcome on board Andrew

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 15 of 26
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next  

Jump to: