We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Mar-08:12:52 Green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
18 Mar-06:47:13 Mineralogy & museums 10 - cardiff - 12th-13th august 2024 (Roy Starkey)
18 Mar-02:50:32 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
17 Mar-01:57:58 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
15 Mar-14:27:47 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
15 Mar-13:49:04 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
15 Mar-09:18:42 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
15 Mar-03:45:43 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-21:29:31 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Mar-14:47:27 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-13:56:01 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
14 Mar-11:24:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-08:55:22 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
14 Mar-08:44:47 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
14 Mar-07:24:12 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
14 Mar-02:30:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-02:20:37 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Tobi)
13 Mar-23:40:08 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
13 Mar-14:22:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
13 Mar-14:02:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
13 Mar-00:57:48 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
12 Mar-07:36:06 Re: can you recommend a lab to analyse specimens (Luiz Oliveira)
11 Mar-16:19:18 Re: collection of philippe durand (Riccardo Modanesi)
11 Mar-15:18:26 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
11 Mar-15:13:07 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 19, 2024 04:06

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)
  Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Index -> Featured Columns of FMF

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2009 14:53    Post subject: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

I already published this thread in the Spanish Forum and considering its usefulness and with the help of the minsurfer Antonio Alcaide who kindly translated the text, I decided to publish it here too. I hope it can help visitors and mineral lovers to know better the magnificent city of Florence as well as the marvelous collection "Cristalli", which is temporarily displayed there.

Here is the thread, thanks again to Antonio Alcaide for his great job translating it.

The marvelous collection "Cristalli" and brief guide about Florence

In the first week of September this year I took my diminished holiday and, as it seems to me many others minsurfers do when the place coincides with a mineralogical event, I didn’t let this opportunity go away thanks to the tolerance of Carme –better known as ‘that of the infinite patience”-.

As a result of this, when I came back I realized there was something that could be useful in many ways. If I explained here what I did related to minerals and in addition I gave a kind of practical tourist guide of the city we visited –things that worked out well and things that didn’t- this could be useful for others minsurfers to:

a) To be interested in the mineralogical activity of that location and/or to make it fit with a holiday.
b) To be able to make the most of the useful information I could give about the place.

But as well the spice of the matter was that I forced myself to draw up a kind of travel book and as a result of making it and putting it on the FMF I would always have easy access to the memories of that trip. If this works and other minsurfers do the same, everyone will be able to use the experiences of others when travelling.

To sum up, in a first message I’m going to explain my tourist guide of Florence and its surroundings and then, in a second message, I’m going to talk about the outstanding Adalberto Giazotto’s collection temporarily housed in the “Cristalli” exhibition -> https://mostracristallifirenze.it/ from the historical Nature History Museum of the University of Florence.

I’m not sure if this idea will work of if others will sign up to write their own tourist and mineralogical guides, so at the moment I’m putting this message in the Trips and Museum visits section, but if it went well I would open a new section on FMF to accommodate this kind of reports.

Well then, this is my post about Florence, its surroundings and the excellent “Cristalli” collection. I begin with the tourist part and in the next message I will put what is related to the “ Cristalli” exhibition.

FLORENCE AND SURROUNDINGS. Brief tourist guide.

Florence is one of my legendary cities. This is due not only to its extraordinary beauty –all its old town is a world heritage site according the UNESCO- but also when I was very young I lived there for a short time as an adventure surviving thanks to the “etto” –100 grams of pizza- bought in the cheapest dives I found. This, besides letting me speak broken Italian well or so, is an unforgettable experience.

Thus, in order to refresh my memories and with the excellent company of my long-suffering Carme we began to study the major part of the journey, that is to say, the reservation of the flight and the accommodation. Internet offered us invaluable assistance for both things and we hired two plane tickets with the Italian company Meridiana -> https://www.meridiana.it/es/ at a moderate price due to have done it a month and a half before. That company also had the virtue of flying directly without stopovers from Barcelona (or Madrid) to Florence, what is basic because Italian companies have the ingrained habit of losing the baggage in the connections –as the illustrious Iberia usually does-. Once the tickets were confirmed, we went to look up a hotel we liked in the very long Florence’s hotel list. After a long search it seemed to us that Villa Carlota -> https://villacarlotta.hotelinfirenze.com/ was satisfactory. After a long haggling by phone we were proposed a price of 99 euros per night (taxes and VAT included) so we decided to book in at this hotel. The election was a relative success, I do not mean it is the perfect hotel, but it is quite centrally situated in a very quiet place (buses anytime/ 15 minutes walk to the Ponte Vecchio-Duomo). It has several good restaurants around and although it’s an old stylish villa that needs some alterations, its general condition is good.

In short, the hotel is not actually a four star one, but due to its location, its quality-price ratio and the extreme kindness of the all staff we think it is highly recommended, taking into account as well that in Florence hotels are anything but cheap and the central ones are not often very modern because of the difficulties to make improvements due to the multiple architectural constraints.

Okay, so we are in Florence. I’m not going to talk about everything one can visit in Florence that is obviously all its monumental old town, since there are thousands of websites that explain in detail the issue, but what I’m going to do is to give a series of home-grown tricks to make the stay/visit more pleasant.

1) Main trick: forgetting to move in your own car around Florence. This is crazy taking into account the characteristics of the city, but in addition it is forbidden for foreigners driving in the city centre, so we are forced to leave the car in any car park authorized for this purpose and which are not cheap at all. The best way to get around is by bus, as logically there is no subway in Florence. There are many daily bus lines –including holidays and nights- well covering most of the areas to visit.

2) Important trick: if you want to visit one of the main museums (Uffizi Gallery, Academy, Duomo) forget about going without prior reservation. To make reservation costs only 5 euros and it’s possible by internet –hotels also deal with it-. For those reasonable 5 euros we save ourselves from wasting a lot of time and from losing our patience too because the queues to get the tickets are huge.

3) Third trick. Around Florence there is a charming small village: Fiesole, which is on one of the hills overlooking the city, so it has fantastic views and the good news is that you can get there using a city bus from Florence, that leads us to Fiesole on a trip for the modest fee of a city bus and with its regular passing. In the same case we have other small villages, nice too, of which I would emphasize Settignano, Imprugnetta o Greve.

After having said these tricks, it must be added a piece of general advice: to be very careful with prices because Florence isn’t cheap at all and they have an eye for “hunting” unsuspecting foreigners and fleecing them, especially in restaurants. Among the virtues of the Hotel Villa Carlotta is that there are several high quality restaurants nearby, two of which have moderate prices. Namely: Antica Porta
-> https://www.antica-porta.it and Da Ruggero -> https://www.concierge.com/travelguide/florence/restaurants/15188

The last piece of advice is that nobody loses the visit to San Gimigniano (World heritage-UNESCO as well), a village situated about 40 km. from Florencia. There is a good description of such a marvellous place in this Spanish guide -> https://www.guiarte.com/sangimignano/ .

Tricks for San Gimigniano:

a) To go: it’s much better not to do one of the visits scheduled by the hotels since San Gimigniano has many nooks to view calmly and unhurriedly so, if we have no car, we must take a kind of intercity bus that leaves right next to the hotel Villa Carlotta towards Siena and then change in the village of Poggibonsi taking there the intercity bus to San Gimigniano. Pay attention to the change for not going to Siena –though of course that is not bad at all-. There are many intercity buses, every 20 or 25 minutes one comes.

b) To eat: the same problem as in Florence, that it’s to say, not to be fleeced. We strongly recommend Il Castello restaurant -> https://www.enotecailcastello.it/ and its balcony with panoramic views to the typical Tuscan hills, gentle, slightly rounded hills covered with peaceful olives, vineyards and cypresses. Right price, excellent treatment and quality food –and views-.

There would be more things to say but it takes serious work to write them, so I’m not going to extend further and simply I add some pics to what has been said.

Firenze - Sight.jpg
 Description:
Views of a Florentine villa from a room window of the Villa Carlotta Hotel. The situation of the Hotel is privileged.
 Viewed:  119209 Time(s)

Firenze - Sight.jpg

Firenze - Duomo.jpg
 Description:
Dome of the Duomo from Giotto's Campanile
 Viewed:  119228 Time(s)

Firenze - Duomo.jpg

Firenze - Piazza Santissima Annunziata.jpg
 Description:
One of the most beautiful squares of Florence: Piazza Santissima Annunziata
 Viewed:  119219 Time(s)

Firenze - Piazza Santissima Annunziata.jpg

Firenze - Ponte Vecchio.jpg
 Description:
The world famous Ponte Vecchio seen from the equally well-known Piazzale Michelangelo
 Viewed:  119234 Time(s)

Firenze - Ponte Vecchio.jpg

Firenze - Giardino di Boboli.jpg
 Description:
The green lungs of Florence are the Giardino di Boboli full of sculptures
 Viewed:  119239 Time(s)

Firenze - Giardino di Boboli.jpg

Firenze - Delicacy.jpg
 Description:
The green lungs of Florence are the Giardino di Boboli full of sculptures
 Viewed:  119159 Time(s)

Firenze - Delicacy.jpg

Firenze - Classic beauty.jpg
 Description:
Beauty everywhere
 Viewed:  119216 Time(s)

Firenze - Classic beauty.jpg

Firenze - Views of Firenze.jpg
 Description:
Sight of Florence from Fiesole
 Viewed:  119228 Time(s)

Firenze - Views of Firenze.jpg

San Gimigniano.jpg
 Description:
The very beautiful village of San Gimigniano
 Viewed:  119170 Time(s)

San Gimigniano.jpg

San Gimigniano - Landscape.jpg
 Description:
The gentle Tuscan slopes from San Gimigniano
 Viewed:  119220 Time(s)

San Gimigniano - Landscape.jpg

Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 02:38    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

THE ADALBERTO GIAZOTTO COLLECTION IN FLORENCE

In this second message I'm going to speak about the Dr. Adalberto Giazotto's extraordinary collection, which temporarily is housed in the “Cristalli” exposition -> https://mostracristallifirenze.it/ of the historical Natural History Museum of the University of Florence.

For many years Dr. Giazotto has been the point of reference for the Italian collectors. High-level nuclear physicist, he has been and is still very well connected with the Virgo Project (gravitational waves terrestrial mega-detector). During his scientific career he has published over 120 articles in international scientific journals.

Great enthusiast of minerals, Dr. Giazotto recently took a very important decision, a decision that benefits all mineral collectors greatly: to donate his collection to the Natural History Museum of the University of Florence. The donation is temporary (five years) but the wish of both Dr. Giazotto and Dr. Giovanni Pratesi, the current president of the Museum, is that the collection remains there permanently.

I take advantage of the publication of this article for asking the mineralogical world to do everything possible so that the collection continues being public as it is now. It would be really a pity that the present situation had no continuity and we lost the privilege of visiting this great collection, now placed in an incomparable framework.

Drs. Adalberto Giazotto and Giovanni Pratesi have done an outstanding job, preparing a fantastic exhibition, located in three halls with about 20 perfectly lighted showcases, all in a quite charming area of Natural Science Museum of Florence, full of History. This Museum is the oldest science museum in Europe preserving many objects and collections related to natural science, including the real Galileo Galilei’s optical tools. The synergy between the collection and the Museum is obvious and the work that has been deployed in order to display this collection in an appropriate way deserves everything possible to be done for not losing this effort.

After much ado, let’s talk about what matters, that is to say the collection and its minerals. In this message and the following ones we are going to see some photos Carme took of mineral specimens from the collection that attracted our attention for one reason or another. When I have the opportunity I will also upload some videos we made for seeing better the general appearance of the exhibition halls.

Apart from this, Dr. Giazotto has sent to us a CD with high quality pictures of most of the specimens. We will publish them here with the satisfaction of being able to offer on-line images of this extraordinary collection.

Just remind that besides the exhibition, Drs. Adalberto Giazotto and Giovanni Pratesi have published a book. " Cristalli l'ordine dal caos", describing many of the Giazotto’s collection specimens one by one in great detail and with stories related with the origin of many of them.

These columns had not been possible without the help of Antonio Alcaide who has translated the original texts in Spanish. Again, thanks Antonio.

Cristalli - Metastibnite - Pereta - Italia.jpg
 Description:
Metastibnite covering stibnite crystals
Miniera di Pereta, Scansano, Grosseto, Tuscany, Italy
16 x 16 inches
Mineral sculpture of a rare species
 Viewed:  119224 Time(s)

Cristalli -  Metastibnite - Pereta - Italia.jpg

Cristalli - Gypsum and Sulfur - Cozzodisi Italia.jpg
 Description:
Gypsum and native sulphur
Miniera di Cozzodisi, Casteltermini, Agrigento, Sicily, Italy
11 x 7,4 inches
Beauty and elegance in its purest
 Viewed:  119237 Time(s)

Cristalli - Gypsum and Sulfur - Cozzodisi Italia.jpg

Cristalli - Ajoite in Quartz - Messina - South Africa.jpg
 Description:
Quartz included with ajoite
Messina, Limpopo, South Africa
21,6 x 20,4 inches
It is considered among the best in the world. I think so
 Viewed:  119434 Time(s)

Cristalli - Ajoite in Quartz - Messina - South Africa.jpg

Cristalli - Giant Beryl Morganite.jpg
 Description:
Morganite beryl
Córrego do Urucum, Galiléia, Vale Doce, Minas Gerais, Brazil
8,6 x 6,6 inches
Huge, magic, marvellous
 Viewed:  119081 Time(s)

Cristalli - Giant Beryl Morganite.jpg

Cristalli - Beryl Morganite.jpg
 Description:
Morganite beryl
Córrego do Urucum, Galiléia, Vale Doce, Minas Gerais, Brazil
15 x 9,6 inches
Its colour and perfection are absolute
 Viewed:  119117 Time(s)

Cristalli - Beryl Morganite.jpg

Cristalli - Beryl Aquamarine - Emperor of India.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine beryl
Paplam Patti, Tamil Nadu, India
12,4 x 5,6 inches
Huge and gorgeous beryl crystal. The colour and origin make it unique.
It will be the "ikon" of Munich Show 2009, as this edition will be devoted to India's treasures and the jewel of the crown is this specimen that they called: " the "Emperor of India" with this description:
"....The centrepiece is the "Emperor of India", the most beautiful aquamarine crystal in the world – an enormous, luminescent, turquoise precious stone, almost 10 kg in weight and 32 cm in height."
 Viewed:  119497 Time(s)

Cristalli - Beryl Aquamarine - Emperor of India.jpg

Cristalli - Show cases with Sulfurs.jpg
 Description:
A showcase with very high-level Italian specimens. Several exceptional sulphur and gypsum ones
 Viewed:  119086 Time(s)

Cristalli - Show cases with Sulfurs.jpg

Cristalli - La Collada Fluorite.jpg
 Description:
“The” fluorite from La Collada. I say “the” because every great international collection usually has its fluorite from La Collada. It’s a worldwide classic
 Viewed:  119098 Time(s)

Cristalli - La Collada Fluorite.jpg

Cristalli - Dr Giazotto & Dr Pratesi & Jordi Fabre.jpg
 Description:
Main hall of the exhibition. Posing Dr. Giazotto (right), Dr. Pratesi (left) and your humble servant (center)
 Viewed:  119225 Time(s)

Cristalli - Dr Giazotto & Dr Pratesi & Jordi Fabre.jpg

Cristalli - Dr Giazotto & Dr Pratesi & Jordi Fabre detail.jpg
 Description:
Detail to see the faces

Cristalli - Dr Giazotto & Dr Pratesi & Jordi Fabre detail.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 03:24    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

Here you have the images of the best specimens of the 'Cristalli' exhibit - Dr. Giazotto collection.
The images are from Jeff Scovil and Dr. Giazotto. At the end of these posts we will publish the credits of all images.

Enjoy it!

Picture 2.jpg
 Description:
Rhodochrosite
Hotazel Mine, Kalahari Manganese Fields, Northern Cape Province, South Africa.
140x100 mm
 Viewed:  119272 Time(s)

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 20.jpg
 Description:
Celestine with Sulphur
Miniera La Grasta, Delia (Caltanissetta), Italy.
180x120 mm
 Viewed:  119120 Time(s)

Picture 20.jpg

Picture 25.jpg
 Description:
Sulphur with Aragonite
Miniera di Cozzodisi, Casteltermini (Agrigento), Italy.
400x200 mm
 Viewed:  119206 Time(s)

Picture 25.jpg

Picture 26.jpg
 Description:
Gypsum with Sulphur
240x171 mm
 Viewed:  119105 Time(s)

Picture 26.jpg

Picture 45.jpg
 Description:
Demantoid (Andradite)
Sferlùn, Val Malenco (Sondrio), Italy.
400x25 mm
 Viewed:  119121 Time(s)

Picture 45.jpg

Picture 80.jpg
 Description:
Wulfenite
Sierra de los Lamentos, Chihuahua, Mexico.
200x125x125 mm
 Viewed:  119082 Time(s)

Picture 80.jpg

Picture 88.jpg
 Description:
Stibnite and Quartz
Cavnic, Maramures Co., Romania.
230x170 mm
 Viewed:  119142 Time(s)

Picture 88.jpg

Picture 131.jpg
 Description:
Pyrite with Calcite
Miniera di Niccioleta, Massa Marittima (Grosseto), Italy.
380x380 mm
 Viewed:  119169 Time(s)

Picture 131.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 05:02    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

More images

Picture 97.jpg
 Description:
Quartz
Rio Doce, Brazil.
450x300 mm
 Viewed:  118762 Time(s)

Picture 97.jpg

Picture 143.jpg
 Description:
Quartz
Ouray district, San Miguel Co., Colorado, USA.
430x220x280 mm
 Viewed:  119109 Time(s)

Picture 143.jpg

Picture 150.jpg
 Description:
Aragonite
Miniera di San Giovanni, Iglesias (Cagliari), Italy.
200x200 mm
 Viewed:  119119 Time(s)

Picture 150.jpg

Picture 160.jpg
 Description:
Hematite
Florence Mine, Egremont, Cumberland, England
500x450 mm; 150 kg
 Viewed:  119153 Time(s)

Picture 160.jpg

Picture 183.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl)
Virgem da Lapa, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
450x350 mm
 Viewed:  119303 Time(s)

Picture 183.jpg

Picture 209.jpg
 Description:
Topaz
Xanda Mine, Virgem da Lapa, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
220x160x230 mm; 11 kg.
 Viewed:  119064 Time(s)

Picture 209.jpg

Picture 218.jpg
 Description:
Amethyst (Quartz)
Veracruz, Mexico.
280X200 mm
 Viewed:  119129 Time(s)

Picture 218.jpg

Picture 250.jpg
 Description:
Smithsonite
Kelly Mine, Magdalena District, Socorro Co., New Mexico, USA.
190x130 mm
 Viewed:  119152 Time(s)

Picture 250.jpg

Picture 251.jpg
 Description:
Fluorite
Alston Moore, Cumberland, England.
130x110 mm
 Viewed:  119086 Time(s)

Picture 251.jpg

Picture 330.jpg
 Description:
Aragonite
Miniera di Cianciana, Agrigento, Italy.
170x170 mm
 Viewed:  119090 Time(s)

Picture 330.jpg

Picture 333.jpg
 Description:
Aragonite
Miniera di Cianciana, Agrigento, Italy.
230x200 mm
 Viewed:  119108 Time(s)

Picture 333.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 05:26    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

More images

Picture 367.jpg
 Description:
Morganite (Beryl) with Albite and Schorl
Córrego do Urucum Mine, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
280x230 mm
 Viewed:  119092 Time(s)

Picture 367.jpg

Picture 420.jpg
 Description:
Kutnohorite
Wessels Mine, Hotazel, Kalahari Manganese Field, South Africa.
190x110 mm
 Viewed:  119048 Time(s)

Picture 420.jpg

Picture 434.jpg
 Description:
Stibnite and Metastibnite
Miniera di Pereta, Grosseto, Italy.
400x400 mm
 Viewed:  119339 Time(s)

Picture 434.jpg

Picture 486.jpg
 Description:
Baryte
Monte Masu, Villamassargia (Carbonia-Iglesias), Italy.
380x280 mm
 Viewed:  118990 Time(s)

Picture 486.jpg

Picture 586.jpg
 Description:
Fluorite and Galena
Alston Moore, Cumberland, England.
250x200 mm
 Viewed:  119011 Time(s)

Picture 586.jpg

Picture 780.jpg
 Description:
Phosgenite and Anglesite
Touissit, Oujda-Angad Province, Morocco.
250x150 mm
 Viewed:  119092 Time(s)

Picture 780.jpg

Picture 784.jpg
 Description:
Vanadinite with Hollandite
Taouz, Errachidia Province, Morocco.
250x200 mm
 Viewed:  119512 Time(s)

Picture 784.jpg

Picture 793.jpg
 Description:
Sphalerite and Calcite
Refugio de Aliva, Picos De Europa, Spain.
300x200 mm
 Viewed:  119056 Time(s)

Picture 793.jpg

Picture 803.jpg
 Description:
Calcite with Baryte
Elmwood, Carthage, Smith Co., Tennessee, USA.
220x200 mm
 Viewed:  119072 Time(s)

Picture 803.jpg

Picture 805.jpg
 Description:
Morganite (Beryl)
170x60 mm
 Viewed:  119170 Time(s)

Picture 805.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 08:24    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

More images

Picture 809.jpg
 Description:
Liddicoatite
Ankadilava, Sahatany Valley, Antsirabe, Antananarivo Region, Madagascar.
330x60 mm
 Viewed:  119059 Time(s)

Picture 809.jpg

Picture 809 n2.jpg
 Description:
Liddicoatite
Ankadilava, Sahatany Valley, Antsirabe, Antananarivo Region, Madagascar.
330x60 mm

Picture 809 n2.jpg

Picture 806.jpg
 Description:
Vanadinite
Mibladen, Midelt, Kénifra Province, Morocco.
80x80 mm
 Viewed:  118970 Time(s)

Picture 806.jpg

Picture 812.jpg
 Description:
Morganite (Beryl)
Golconda Mine, Governador Valadares Minas Gerais, Brazil.
270x100 mm
 Viewed:  119250 Time(s)

Picture 812.jpg

Picture 813.jpg
 Description:
Quartz
Antambolehibe, Ambositra, Fianarantsoa Province, Madagascar.
300x300 mm
 Viewed:  119017 Time(s)

Picture 813.jpg

Picture 814.jpg
 Description:
Morganite (Beryl) on Albite with Schorl
400x300 mm
 Viewed:  119057 Time(s)

Picture 814.jpg

Picture 841.jpg
 Description:
Fluorite on Calcite
La Collada, Pola de Siero, Asturias, Spain.
350x300 mm
 Viewed:  119037 Time(s)

Picture 841.jpg

Picture 842.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl) with Muscovite
Nagar, Hunza Valley, Gilgit District, Northern Pakistan.
320x180 mm
 Viewed:  119147 Time(s)

Picture 842.jpg

Picture 854.jpg
 Description:
Anhydrite
Miniera di Campiano, Massa Marittima (Grosseto), Italy.
400x240 mm
 Viewed:  119013 Time(s)

Picture 854.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 08:50    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

More images

Picture 876.jpg
 Description:
Morganite (Beryl)
Golconda Mine, Governador Valadares, Doce Valley, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
250x250 mm; 10 kg
 Viewed:  119073 Time(s)

Picture 876.jpg

Picture 879.jpg
 Description:
Beryl
300x250 mm
 Viewed:  119059 Time(s)

Picture 879.jpg

Picture 880.jpg
 Description:
Morganite (Beryl)
500x400 mm; 40 kg
 Viewed:  119173 Time(s)

Picture 880.jpg

Picture 968.jpg
 Description:
Dolomite
Serra das Éguas, Brumado, Bahia, Brazil.
250x200 mm
 Viewed:  118923 Time(s)

Picture 968.jpg

Picture 970.jpg
 Description:
Pyromorphite
Bunker Hill Properties, Kellogg, Shoshone Co., Idaho, USA.
300x250 mm
 Viewed:  119002 Time(s)

Picture 970.jpg

Picture 974.jpg
 Description:
Wulfenite
Red Cloud Mine, La Paz Co., Arizona, USA.
150x120 mm
 Viewed:  118969 Time(s)

Picture 974.jpg

Picture 983.jpg
 Description:
Ferberite and Quartz
Kara Oba, Betpakdala Desert, Kazakhstan.
200x180 mm

Picture 983.jpg

Picture 985.jpg
 Description:
Axinite with Byssolite (Actinolite)
Puiva, Saranpaul, Polar Urals, Russia.
300x250 mm
 Viewed:  118963 Time(s)

Picture 985.jpg

Picture 988.jpg
 Description:
Scheelite with Muscovite
Xuebaoding, Pingwu Co., Sichuan Province, China.
350x280 mm
 Viewed:  119005 Time(s)

Picture 988.jpg

Picture 994.jpg
 Description:
Proustite
Dolores Tercera Mine, Chanarcillo, Copiapo, Chile
130x100 mm
 Viewed:  118984 Time(s)

Picture 994.jpg

Picture 1005.jpg
 Description:
Amethyst (Quartz)
Galiléia, Doce Valley, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
200x180 mm
 Viewed:  119169 Time(s)

Picture 1005.jpg

Picture 1012.jpg
 Description:
Morganite and goshenite (beryl)
250x200 mm
 Viewed:  118966 Time(s)

Picture 1012.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 09:09    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

More images

Picture 1013.jpg
 Description:
Emerald (Beryl)
Campo Formoso, Bahia, Brazil.
200x180 mm
 Viewed:  119084 Time(s)

Picture 1013.jpg

Picture 1022.jpg
 Description:
Morganite (Beryl)
Muiâne Mine, Alto Ligonha District, Zambezia Province, Mozambique.
350x210x90 mm
 Viewed:  119044 Time(s)

Picture 1022.jpg

Picture 1026.jpg
 Description:
Green Beryl with Muscovite
Teofilo Otoni, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
300x200 mm
 Viewed:  119103 Time(s)

Picture 1026.jpg

Picture 1027.jpg
 Description:
Scepter Quartz
Galiléia, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
220x160 mm
 Viewed:  118925 Time(s)

Picture 1027.jpg

Picture 1032.jpg
 Description:
Morganite (Beryl) and Albite with Schorl
Corrégo do Urucum Mine, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
250x200 mm
 Viewed:  118928 Time(s)

Picture 1032.jpg

Picture 1035 A.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite, Clevelandite (Albite), Lepidolite in Quartz
São José da Safira, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
480x300 mm
 Viewed:  118996 Time(s)

Picture 1035 A.jpg

Picture 1035 B.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite, Clevelandite (Albite), Lepidolite in Quartz
São José da Safira, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
480x300 mm
 Viewed:  119012 Time(s)

Picture 1035 B.jpg

Picture 1036.jpg
 Description:
Amethyst (Quartz)
Guerrero, Mexico.
300x160 mm
 Viewed:  118844 Time(s)

Picture 1036.jpg

Picture 1045.jpg
 Description:
Morganite (Beryl) with Albite
Bulachi, Diamar District, Northern Pakistan.
300x180 mm
 Viewed:  119135 Time(s)

Picture 1045.jpg

Picture 1046.jpg
 Description:
Kunzite (Spodumene)
Resplendor, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
300x200x80 mm
 Viewed:  118940 Time(s)

Picture 1046.jpg

Picture 1048.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite
Sapo Mine, Goiabeira, Doce Valley, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
230x150 mm
 Viewed:  119230 Time(s)

Picture 1048.jpg

Picture 1050.jpg
 Description:
Morganite (Beryl)
Corrégo do Urucum Mine, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
230x180 mm
 Viewed:  118998 Time(s)

Picture 1050.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 09:31    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

More images

Picture 1051.jpg
 Description:
Verdelite, Quartz and Lepidolite on Albite
Cruzeiro Mine, Serra de Safira, Santa Maria do Suaçui, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
270x250 mm

Picture 1051.jpg

Picture 1065.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite
Cruzeiro Mine, Serra de Safira, Santa Maria do Suaçui, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
200x100 mm
 Viewed:  121568 Time(s)

Picture 1065.jpg

Picture 1066.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite
Coronel Murta, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
280x50 mm.
 Viewed:  119037 Time(s)

Picture 1066.jpg

Picture 1068.jpg
 Description:
Beryl
Volodarsk-Volinskiy, Ukraine.
330x120 mm
 Viewed:  118994 Time(s)

Picture 1068.jpg

Picture 1075.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite and Quartz
Pedernera Mine, São José de Safira, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
350x150 mm
 Viewed:  118961 Time(s)

Picture 1075.jpg

Picture 1076.jpg
 Description:
Indicolite (Elbaite) and Quartz
200x150 mm
 Viewed:  119008 Time(s)

Picture 1076.jpg

Picture 1077.jpg
 Description:
Indicolite (Elbaite), Albite and Quartz
400x150 mm
 Viewed:  119064 Time(s)

Picture 1077.jpg

Picture 1084.jpg
 Description:
Calcite with Fluorite
Elmwood, Carthage, Smith Co., Tennessee, USA.
200x180 mm
 Viewed:  118932 Time(s)

Picture 1084.jpg

Picture 1085.jpg
 Description:
Quartz on Calcite
Cava Val Bona, Val Pulita (Massa Carrara) Italy.
500 x 260 mm
 Viewed:  118867 Time(s)

Picture 1085.jpg

Picture 1098.jpg
 Description:
Malachite and Azurite
Seabra, Bahia, Brazil.
300x200 mm
 Viewed:  118842 Time(s)

Picture 1098.jpg

Picture 1105.jpg
 Description:
Rhodochrosite with Quartz, Fluorite, Chalcopyrite and Tetrahedrite
Corner Pocket, Sweet Home Mine, Alma District, Colorado, USA.
250x600 mm
 Viewed:  118913 Time(s)

Picture 1105.jpg

Picture 1108.jpg
 Description:
Stibnite covered by Stibiconite on quartz
Xikuangshan Sb Deposit, Lengshuijiang Co., Hunan, China.
450x400 mm
 Viewed:  118855 Time(s)

Picture 1108.jpg

Picture 1122.jpg
 Description:
Quartz
Kargil, India.
400x300 mm
 Viewed:  118913 Time(s)

Picture 1122.jpg

Picture 1128.jpg
 Description:
Aragonite and Sulphur
Miniera di Giumentaro (Enna), Italy.
300x200 mm
 Viewed:  118850 Time(s)

Picture 1128.jpg

Picture 1133.jpg
 Description:
Aragonite and Sulphur
300x400 mm
 Viewed:  118842 Time(s)

Picture 1133.jpg

Picture 1161.jpg
 Description:
Sulphur with Aragonite
250x180 mm
 Viewed:  118919 Time(s)

Picture 1161.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 09:51    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

More images

Picture 1165.jpg
 Description:
Celestine with Sulphur
180x180 mm
 Viewed:  118807 Time(s)

Picture 1165.jpg

Picture 1179.jpg
 Description:
Titanite
Capelinha, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
100x100 mm
 Viewed:  118826 Time(s)

Picture 1179.jpg

Picture 1201.jpg
 Description:
Ferberite, Fluorite and Quartz
Hengyang, Hunan, China.
300x250 mm
 Viewed:  118757 Time(s)

Picture 1201.jpg

Picture 1213.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite
Coronel Murta, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
300x50 mm
 Viewed:  118908 Time(s)

Picture 1213.jpg

Picture 1224.jpg
 Description:
Apatite-(CaF)
Panasqueira, Covilhã, Castelo Branco District, Portugal.
100x100 mm
 Viewed:  119649 Time(s)

Picture 1224.jpg

Picture 1232.jpg
 Description:
Brazilianite, Albite and Schorl
Galiléia, Doce Valley, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
200x200 mm
 Viewed:  118814 Time(s)

Picture 1232.jpg

Picture 1236.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl) and Quartz
Ankazobe, Provincia di Antananarivo, Madagascar.
400x380 mm
 Viewed:  118950 Time(s)

Picture 1236.jpg

Picture 1238.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl) with Muscovite and Calcite
640x300x300 mm
 Viewed:  118907 Time(s)

Picture 1238.jpg

Picture 1243.jpg
 Description:
Quartz with Japan law twin and Calcite
Rosario Mabel Mine, Pampa Blanca, Castrovirrenia Province, Huancavelica, Peru.
300x250 mm
 Viewed:  118894 Time(s)

Picture 1243.jpg

Picture 1244.jpg
 Description:
Montebrasite
Divino das Laranjeira, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
300x300 mm
 Viewed:  118813 Time(s)

Picture 1244.jpg

Picture 1248.jpg
 Description:
Scheelite on Muscovite
Xuebaoding, Pingwu, Sichuan Province, China.
400x200 mm
 Viewed:  118796 Time(s)

Picture 1248.jpg

Picture 1249.jpg
 Description:
Gypsum and Sulphur
Miniera di Ciavalotta (Agrigento), Italy.
250x150 mm
 Viewed:  118853 Time(s)

Picture 1249.jpg

Picture 1251.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl), Quartz and Orthoclase
Shigar Valley, Skardu District, Baltistan, Nothern Pakistan.
400x350 mm
 Viewed:  118756 Time(s)

Picture 1251.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 10:05    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

More images

Picture 1253.jpg
 Description:
Inesite with Hubeite
Fenjiashan Mine, Daye Co., Hubey province, China.
400x350 mm
 Viewed:  118795 Time(s)

Picture 1253.jpg

Picture 1261.jpg
 Description:
Indicolite (Elbaite), Lepidolite and Quartz on Albite and Orthoclase
Pederneira Mine, São José da Safira, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
550x400x350 mm
 Viewed:  119273 Time(s)

Picture 1261.jpg

Picture 1262.jpg
 Description:
Cassiterite on Muscovite
350x300 mm
 Viewed:  118837 Time(s)

Picture 1262.jpg

Picture 1273.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl) with Albite and Quartz
400x140 mm
 Viewed:  118956 Time(s)

Picture 1273.jpg

Picture 1275.jpg
 Description:
Vanadinite and Baryte
Mibladen, Midelt, Kénifra Province, Morocco.
400x300 mm
 Viewed:  118765 Time(s)

Picture 1275.jpg

Picture 1280.jpg
 Description:
Scheelite, Cassiterite and Muscovite
Xuebaoding, Pingwu Co., Sichuan Province, China.
250x200 mm
 Viewed:  118809 Time(s)

Picture 1280.jpg

Picture 1281.jpg
 Description:
Amethyst (Quartz) with Japan law twin, and Calcite
Fengjiashan Mine, Daye, Huangshi, Hubei, China.
300x300 mm
 Viewed:  118772 Time(s)

Picture 1281.jpg

Picture 1289.jpg
 Description:
Stibnite and Stibiconite
Xikuangshan Sb Deposit, Lengshuijiang Co., Hunan, China.
700x400 mm
 Viewed:  118823 Time(s)

Picture 1289.jpg

Picture 1290.jpg
 Description:
Carrollite associated with Bornite and Calcite
Kamoya South Mine, Kambove, Katanga Copper Crescent, D.R. Congo
300x200 mm
 Viewed:  118767 Time(s)

Picture 1290.jpg

Picture 1292.jpg
 Description:
Fluorite with Quartz
Planggenstock, Göscheneralp, Canton Uri, Switzerland.
200x150 mm
 Viewed:  118857 Time(s)

Picture 1292.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 10:23    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

More images

Picture 1295.jpg
 Description:
Hematite pseudo Magnetite
Payún Matru Volcano, Malargüe, Mendoza, Patagonia, Argentina.
200x150 mm
 Viewed:  118899 Time(s)

Picture 1295.jpg

Picture 1301.jpg
 Description:
Azurite and Malachite
Tsumeb, Otjikoto Region, Namibia.
250x200 mm
 Viewed:  118981 Time(s)

Picture 1301.jpg

Picture 1303.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl) on Albite
220x120 mm
 Viewed:  119079 Time(s)

Picture 1303.jpg

Picture 1305.jpg
 Description:
Fluorite on Muscovite
180x150 mm
 Viewed:  118809 Time(s)

Picture 1305.jpg

Picture 1311.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl)
Paplam Patti, Karur District, Tamil Nadu State, India.
160x320 mm; 9.8 kg
 Viewed:  119306 Time(s)

Picture 1311.jpg

Picture 1313.jpg
 Description:
Epidote
Hashupa, Shigar Valley, Skardu District, Baltistan, Nothern Pakistan.
50x250 mm
 Viewed:  118862 Time(s)

Picture 1313.jpg

Picture 1321.jpg
 Description:
Aegirina, Albite and Zircon
Mount Malosa, Zomba District, Malawi
180 x 160 mm
 Viewed:  118831 Time(s)

Picture 1321.jpg

Picture 1328.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite on Quartz and Albite
Nelum Valley, Kashmir, Northern Pakistan.
200x200 mm
 Viewed:  118905 Time(s)

Picture 1328.jpg

Picture 1355.jpg
 Description:
Spessartine and black Quartz
Tongbei, Fujian Province, China.
350x250 mm
 Viewed:  118816 Time(s)

Picture 1355.jpg

Picture 1356.jpg
 Description:
Phosgenite on Galena
Miniera di Monteponi (Carbonia Iglesias), Italy.
380x380 mm
 Viewed:  118790 Time(s)

Picture 1356.jpg

Picture 1359.jpg
 Description:
Morganite, Quartz and Manganotantalite on Albite
Bulachi, Diamar District, Northern Pakistan.
350x350 mm
 Viewed:  118989 Time(s)

Picture 1359.jpg

Picture 1360.jpg
 Description:
Heliodor (Beryl)
Fitampito, Provincia di Fianarantsoa, Madagascar.
200x90 mm; 3,5 kg

Picture 1360.jpg

Picture 1367.jpg
 Description:
Emerald (Beryl) on Calcite
Polveros Mine, Muzo, Boyacà, Colombia.
400x350 mm
 Viewed:  119056 Time(s)

Picture 1367.jpg

Picture 1371.jpg
 Description:
Parisite-(Ce) with Aegirine on Quartz
Mount Malosa, Zomba district, Malawi.
220x150 mm
 Viewed:  118804 Time(s)

Picture 1371.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 10:43    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

More images

Picture 1376.jpg
 Description:
Aegirina and Quartz
180x150 mm
 Viewed:  118808 Time(s)

Picture 1376.jpg

Picture 1383.jpg
 Description:
Sulphur
200x200 mm
 Viewed:  118790 Time(s)

Picture 1383.jpg

Picture 1401.jpg
 Description:
Danburite
Charcas, San Luis Potosí, Mexico.
400x350 mm
 Viewed:  118844 Time(s)

Picture 1401.jpg

Picture 1411.jpg
 Description:
Amethyst (Quartz)
Anahi Mine, La Gaiba District, Santa Cruz Department, Bolivia.
500x500 mm
 Viewed:  119033 Time(s)

Picture 1411.jpg

Picture 1419 B.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl) and Albite on Quartz
Shigar Valley, Skardu District, Baltistan, Northern Areas, Pakistan.
400x350 mm
 Viewed:  118963 Time(s)

Picture 1419 B.jpg

Picture 1420.jpg
 Description:
Rubellite (Elbaite) on Quartz
Molo, Momeik, Shan State, Myanmar.
220x220 mm
 Viewed:  118938 Time(s)

Picture 1420.jpg

Picture 1422.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite on Cleavelandite (Albite)
Paprok, Nuristan, Afghanistan.
260x220 mm
 Viewed:  118894 Time(s)

Picture 1422.jpg

Picture 1424.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite and Muscovite
300x110 mm
 Viewed:  118848 Time(s)

Picture 1424.jpg

Picture 1425.jpg
 Description:
Pyrite
Huancavelica Mine, Peru.
200x200 mm

Picture 1425.jpg

Picture 1426.jpg
 Description:
Spodumene, Elbaite, Quartz and Lepidolite
Mawi, Laghman Province, Afghanistan.
450x350 mm
 Viewed:  118897 Time(s)

Picture 1426.jpg

Picture 1427.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl), Orthoclase and Quartz
Shigar Valley, Skardu District, Baltistan, Northern Pakistan.
350x270 mm
 Viewed:  118880 Time(s)

Picture 1427.jpg

Picture 1429.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite with Albite
200x130 mm
 Viewed:  118951 Time(s)

Picture 1429.jpg

Picture 1430.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite associated with Albite
250x150 mm
 Viewed:  119458 Time(s)

Picture 1430.jpg

Picture 1432.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine on Muscovite associated with Scheelite and Fluorite
450x450 mm
 Viewed:  118984 Time(s)

Picture 1432.jpg

Picture 1433.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite with Albite
270x300 mm

Picture 1433.jpg

Picture 1436.jpg
 Description:
Epidote
Andravory, Milanoa, Vohemar, Diego Suarez Region, Madagascar.
450x400 mm
 Viewed:  118916 Time(s)

Picture 1436.jpg

Picture 1437.jpg
 Description:
Ajoite on Quartz
Messina District, Limpopo, South Africa
550x450 mm
 Viewed:  118850 Time(s)

Picture 1437.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 11:02    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

The last ones

Picture 1438.jpg
 Description:
Ajoite in Quartz
Messina District, Limpopo, South Africa.
550x450 mm
 Viewed:  118810 Time(s)

Picture 1438.jpg

Picture 1438 B.jpg
 Description:
Ajoite in Quartz
Messina District, Limpopo, South Africa.
550x450 mm
 Viewed:  119206 Time(s)

Picture 1438 B.jpg

Picture 1441.jpg
 Description:
Cerussite
Tsumeb, Otjikoto Region, Namibia.
250x150 mm
 Viewed:  118859 Time(s)

Picture 1441.jpg

Picture 1442.jpg
 Description:
Calcite on Amethyst (Quartz)
Irai, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
400x350 mm
 Viewed:  118824 Time(s)

Picture 1442.jpg

Picture 1443.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl) on Quartz
Shigar Valley, Skardu District, Baltistan, Northern Areas, Pakistan.
280x180 mm
 Viewed:  119271 Time(s)

Picture 1443.jpg

Picture 1445.jpg
 Description:
Aegirina, Zircon and Microcline
400x400 mm
 Viewed:  118744 Time(s)

Picture 1445.jpg

Picture 1446.jpg
 Description:
Fluorite
Erongo Mountains, Usakos and Umaruru District, Erongo Region, Namibia.
400x150 mm
 Viewed:  118851 Time(s)

Picture 1446.jpg

Picture 1447.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine (Beryl)
350x200 mm
 Viewed:  119121 Time(s)

Picture 1447.jpg

Picture 1448.jpg
 Description:
Pollucite, Spodumene and Quartz
Mawi, Laghman Province, Afghanistan.
200x180 mm
 Viewed:  118825 Time(s)

Picture 1448.jpg

Picture 1449.jpg
 Description:
Scepter Amethyst (Quartz)
Ikalamavony, Matsiatra Region, Fianarantsoa Province, Madagascar.
230x150 mm
 Viewed:  118904 Time(s)

Picture 1449.jpg

Picture 1452.jpg
 Description:
Calcite
Dalnegorsk, Primorsky Kray, Russia.
330x250 mm
 Viewed:  118848 Time(s)

Picture 1452.jpg

Picture 1453.jpg
 Description:
Fluorite
Miniera di Camissinone, Zogno (Bergamo), Italy.
400x300 mm
 Viewed:  119808 Time(s)

Picture 1453.jpg

Picture 1454.jpg
 Description:
Babingtonite and Prehnite
Guangdong Province, China.
200x100 mm
 Viewed:  118822 Time(s)

Picture 1454.jpg

Picture 1455.jpg
 Description:
Prasio (Quartz) with Hematite
Seriphos, Isole Cicladi, Greece.
200x150 mm
 Viewed:  118992 Time(s)

Picture 1455.jpg

Picture 1456.jpg
 Description:
Cuprite
Onganja, Seeis, Windhoek District, Komas Region, Namibia.
100x70 mm
 Viewed:  119061 Time(s)

Picture 1456.jpg

Picture 1461.jpg
 Description:
Elbaite
300x150x150 mm
 Viewed:  118896 Time(s)

Picture 1461.jpg

Picture 1462.jpg
 Description:
Aquamarine, Schorl and Muscovite on Orthoclase
Nyet, Shigar Valley, Skardu District, Baltistan, Northern Pakistan.
450x350 mm

Picture 1462.jpg

Picture 1463.jpg
 Description:
Datolite
Dalnegorsk, Primorsky Kray, Russia.
400x350 mm
 Viewed:  118837 Time(s)

Picture 1463.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 11:32    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

Well that's it. A wonder, right?

Below is the list of authors of the photos supplied by the Dr. Adalberto Giazotto. Thanks to him both by the photos as well as for the effort he did to put his collection in public display in Florence.

I’d love to read the other minsurfers opinions about this article as well as the opinions of those who have visited the beautiful Florence recently. Welcome all new posts to complete these columns contributing with their own experiences.

Photo credits.jpg
 Description:
Photo's credits
 Viewed:  118727 Time(s)

Photo credits.jpg

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 12:02    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

Jordi Fabre wrote:
Well that's it. A wonder, right?

I'm trying to find words for that ... but ... these minerals are just to good to be real. The size!!! Just dizzying, stunning, beyond belief. Wow.

David Von Bargen

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 12:34    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

Nice specimens, but 1050 sure doesn't look like an emerald.

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 12:39    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

David Von Bargen wrote:
Nice specimens, but 1050 sure doesn't look like an emerald.
Corrected David, thanks a lot.

If someone still find some other mistake, please letting us know.

Ed Huskinson

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 12:53    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

Hi everybody!!

Wow. Holy cow! I'm having trouble typing because as each picture unfolded while I scrolled down, my heart rate increased and my blood pressure soared.

So many of these are minerals from localities unknown or little known to me. It just got better and better.

Then my computer went crazy and I looked down and realized that I had drooled all over my keyboard and shorted the thing out. So now I have to go over to Staples to buy another Logitech wireless keyboard.

Thanks Jordi, for this. I've added the site to my favorites under FMF, and plan to visit it often.

Stunning, just stunning.

Muchissimas gracias!!!

Ed

jimB

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2009 21:56    Post subject: Re: The marvelous collection 'Cristalli' & brief guide about Florence - (3)  

Hi Jordi,
What a wonderful exhibit of minerals. That surely must be the worlds best ajoite in quartz considering the size and perfection. I loved the Brazilian morganite and thought tie "angels wing" selenite and sulphur unbelieveable. I would love to see the collection in person.

Index -> Featured Columns of FMF   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 2
  Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: