We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Mar-08:12:52 Green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
18 Mar-06:47:13 Mineralogy & museums 10 - cardiff - 12th-13th august 2024 (Roy Starkey)
18 Mar-02:50:32 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
17 Mar-01:57:58 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
15 Mar-14:27:47 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
15 Mar-13:49:04 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
15 Mar-09:18:42 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
15 Mar-03:45:43 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-21:29:31 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Mar-14:47:27 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-13:56:01 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
14 Mar-11:24:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-08:55:22 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
14 Mar-08:44:47 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
14 Mar-07:24:12 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
14 Mar-02:30:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-02:20:37 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Tobi)
13 Mar-23:40:08 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
13 Mar-14:22:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
13 Mar-14:02:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
13 Mar-00:57:48 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
12 Mar-07:36:06 Re: can you recommend a lab to analyse specimens (Luiz Oliveira)
11 Mar-16:19:18 Re: collection of philippe durand (Riccardo Modanesi)
11 Mar-15:18:26 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
11 Mar-15:13:07 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 19, 2024 06:52

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Shipping to Australia (aka Horesetralia)

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

silvia

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: May 26, 2022 16:03    Post subject: Shipping to Australia (aka Horesetralia)  

Shipping to Australia (aka Horesetralia)

Has anyone experienced problems in shipping to Australia by regular mail, UPS, DHL or FedEx?

It takes less time to ship a consignment across the world than it does to ship it from Sydney to Melbourne or Adelaide once it arrives in the Land of Oz? The Australians are good at making excuses, but the excuses do not wash well when you consider the fact that Europe, USA and Canada are big places too.

I do note that some business state categorically – “Do Not Ship To Australia.’’ Perhaps China taking control of Australia is not a bad thing!!
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Roy Starkey

PostPosted: May 26, 2022 16:08    Post subject: Re: Shipping to Australia (aka Horesetralia)  

YES! It is an utter shambles. I have just shipped several copies of my new book Making it Mine - Sir Arthur Russell and his Mineral Collection to various addresses in Australia - Perth, Toowoomba, Sydney, Melbourne, N. Territory etc. etc. They were all collected by Parcelforce (from my address in the UK) on 3 May. Tracking them has been a nightmare. The Parcelforce tracking system is a complete disgrace. Some show as delivered but are in transit, some showing as in transit have been delivered. I have one that has been stuck in Sydney since 10 May and I've been unable to get any progress from Parcelforce or Parcel2Go through whom I booked it. I've had two address queries when the item was fully and properly addressed. There is a problem at the moment that there are insufficient flights going to Australia and there is a backlog of airfreight awaiting despatch from the UK. Truly a real mess.

Jesse Fisher

PostPosted: May 26, 2022 17:38    Post subject: Re: Shipping to Australia (aka Horesetralia)  

In my experience, shipping internationally to Australia has long been fraught with problems. When I was selling Rogerley fluorite from my website I had several fairly regular Australian customers, and one could never predict when parcels would actually arrive. Sometimes no problems, but other times it might take months for delivery (I was usually shipping via USPS). Paying extra for express mail was no guarantee of better service. This was 10-15 years ago! I recall that one customer told me that this was likely due to Australian customs often holding items for extended periods before clearing them for delivery.

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 26, 2022 18:34    Post subject: Re: Shipping to Australia (aka Horesetralia)  

The last time I shipped it was some 1850s paintings of Australia that were being donated to a museum in Perth. It took months but there was no hurry

silvia

PostPosted: May 27, 2022 19:39    Post subject: Re: Shipping to Australia (aka Horesetralia)  

I received an email from a Botanist who told me that the Australian Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (DAWR) in the land of Oz destroyed by burning in a furnace some rare Botanical specimens.

But here is the punch line – the Botanical specimens were collected at Botany Bay, Australia in 1799, so DAWR destroyed priceless specimens of their own Fauna – fauna that could never be replaced.

I think the problem stems from DAWR’s lax recruitment procedure. They are recruiting people that would have not even been considered for employment 20 years ago.

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: