We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Mar-08:12:52 Green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
18 Mar-06:47:13 Mineralogy & museums 10 - cardiff - 12th-13th august 2024 (Roy Starkey)
18 Mar-02:50:32 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
17 Mar-01:57:58 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
15 Mar-14:27:47 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
15 Mar-13:49:04 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
15 Mar-09:18:42 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
15 Mar-03:45:43 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-21:29:31 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Mar-14:47:27 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-13:56:01 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
14 Mar-11:24:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-08:55:22 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
14 Mar-08:44:47 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
14 Mar-07:24:12 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
14 Mar-02:30:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-02:20:37 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Tobi)
13 Mar-23:40:08 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
13 Mar-14:22:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
13 Mar-14:02:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
13 Mar-00:57:48 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
12 Mar-07:36:06 Re: can you recommend a lab to analyse specimens (Luiz Oliveira)
11 Mar-16:19:18 Re: collection of philippe durand (Riccardo Modanesi)
11 Mar-15:18:26 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
11 Mar-15:13:07 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 19, 2024 00:56

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Index -> News about Shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  

bob kerr

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2023 22:28    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

The new dealership of Valley Crystals - located in the Top Gem annex - has some of those botryoidal chrysocolla coating quartz points from Peru (these came out last year but these are much better) and also some excellent amethyst from Guerrero, México. Recent amethyst from Guerrero have been somewhat lack luster but these are much more like traditional Guerrero material.

bob

IMG_6416.JPG
 Mineral: Chrysocolla on Quartz
 Locality:
Tentadora Mine, Ullpac Mountain, Huancano District, Pisco Province, Ica Department, Peru
 Description:
 Viewed:  9000 Time(s)

IMG_6416.JPG

IMG_6418.JPG
 Mineral: Amethyst
 Locality:
Guerrero Mine, Taxco de Alarcón, Municipio Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
 Description:
 Viewed:  9033 Time(s)

IMG_6418.JPG

IMG_6420.JPG
 Mineral: Chrysocolla on Quartz
 Locality:
Tentadora Mine, Ullpac Mountain, Huancano District, Pisco Province, Ica Department, Peru
 Description:
 Viewed:  8982 Time(s)

IMG_6420.JPG

Reply to topic Reply with quote

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2023 22:42    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Interesting quartzes with hematite inclusions have been coming out of India for a year or two now but thanks to the coaching of the miners by Bryan Lynch of Schwartz Fine Minerals (E4), this year's batch is much better than any before. The phantoms are shiny, so they are probably specular hematite.

bob

IMG_6502.JPG
 Mineral: Quartz with Hematite Phantoms
 Description:
 Viewed:  8977 Time(s)

IMG_6502.JPG

IMG_6525.JPG
 Description:
 Viewed:  8976 Time(s)

IMG_6525.JPG

IMG_6526.JPG
 Description:
 Viewed:  8981 Time(s)

IMG_6526.JPG

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2023 22:55    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Gerry Austin in the Lehigh Minerals room in the Top Gem annex has/had a limited number of floater pyrite dodecahedrons (5 sided 3-D shape) from the Bingham Canyon Mine, Utah (5290 level). According to Gerry, these formed in a cerussite clay and were a single find.

bob

IMG_6519.JPG
 Mineral: Gerry Austin with dodecahedral pyrite
 Locality:
Bingham Canyon Mine, Oquirrh Mountains, Bingham District, Salt Lake County, Utah, USA
 Description:
 Viewed:  8969 Time(s)

IMG_6519.JPG

IMG_6529.JPG
 Mineral: Dodecahedron Pyrite
 Locality:
Bingham Canyon Mine, Oquirrh Mountains, Bingham District, Salt Lake County, Utah, USA
 Description:

IMG_6529.JPG

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2023 23:11    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Philip Persson of Persson Rare Minerals had a few "re-new" finds.

1 - a new find of those lustrous and gemmy shalerites from China including one specimen with a huge crystal.

2 - a find near the Daoping Mine of pyromorphite was on display. These are similar to the previous finds of the area but are more reminiscent of the historical Wheatley, PA material.

3 - Thunder Bay amethyst - distinctive and interesting

4 - Cuprites from China. Kinda small and busy but definitely a nice find.

bob

IMG_6506.JPG
 Mineral: Sphalerite
 Locality:
Shuikoushan Mine, Shuikoushan ore field, Changning, Hengyang Prefecture, Hunan Province, China
 Description:
 Viewed:  8964 Time(s)

IMG_6506.JPG

IMG_6508.JPG
 Mineral: Sphalerite
 Locality:
Shuikoushan Mine, Shuikoushan ore field, Changning, Hengyang Prefecture, Hunan Province, China
 Description:
 Viewed:  8958 Time(s)

IMG_6508.JPG

IMG_6509.JPG
 Mineral: Pyromorphite
 Locality:
Daoping Mine, Gongcheng, Guilin Prefecture, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
 Description:
a digging near the Daoping
 Viewed:  8966 Time(s)

IMG_6509.JPG

IMG_6510.JPG
 Mineral: Amethyst
 Description:

IMG_6510.JPG

IMG_6505.JPG
 Mineral: Cuprite
 Locality:
Liufengshan Mine, Guichi District, Chizhou Prefecture, Anhui Province, China
 Description:
 Viewed:  8954 Time(s)

IMG_6505.JPG

minsur

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2023 18:35    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

bob kerr wrote:

I would like to request that the site monitors make two clarifications or corrections:

1 - Hemant Merchant (Mineral Decor) has added proper signage to those "loop fluorites" in his room. Even reputable dealers can be misled.

2 - The "rumor" of a second Milpillas Mine is wrong. What I wrote;
"there's a mini-Milpillas mine nearby that is producing great material but in limited quantities and lots of zeros in the price."
should be deleted.

Finally, a really honest dealer indeed! Taking the loss.
By far not the only one having been fooled. Even absolute top dealers were and still get hit. More to come......
Facing the probability of having been fooled and therefore the threat of having to throw a substantial or even the major part of your inventory in the bin (for example these Colombian fake "mango quartzes", where VERY heavy bets were made), is certainly not an easy task...

Thank you very much for your posts and please keep going on - they are really appreciated from old Europe!:-)

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2023 21:08    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

minsur wrote:

Finally, a really honest dealer indeed! Taking the loss.
By far not the only one having been fooled. Even absolute top dealers were and still get hit.)

I was going through some of the Tucson photos from last year and found the attached. This was taken in Scott Rudolf's room at the Westward Look. Scott is among the top end of the top end collectors and has numerous top end dealers assisting him,

This photo shows many of his masterpiece specimens including 4 that are not for sale - notice the top shelf specimens - two "loop fluorites" are included.

Nothing else to say.

bob

rudolf loops.jpg
 Mineral: Minerals on display in Scott Rudolf's 2022 Westward Look room
 Description:
 Viewed:  8641 Time(s)

rudolf loops.jpg

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2023 22:10    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Chinese mineral dealer Mr. Hong of Qixing Minerals had to miss the last two Tucson Shows due to the covid pandemic but this year he returned and is in Min City Room B9. Welcome back.

Hong and his sister Lin had some excellent examples of Chinese minerals and also one new find - yellow-green botryoidal fluorites from Wuyi, Zhejiang Province. See photos.

bob

IMG_6534.JPG
 Mineral: Fluorite
 Locality:
Wuyi ore field, Wuyi, Jinhua Prefecture, Zhejiang Province, China
 Description:
 Viewed:  8613 Time(s)

IMG_6534.JPG

IMG_6535.JPG
 Locality:
Wuyi ore field, Wuyi, Jinhua Prefecture, Zhejiang Province, China
 Description:
 Viewed:  8575 Time(s)

IMG_6535.JPG

IMG_6538.JPG
 Mineral: Calcite
 Locality:
Wenshan Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China
 Description:
 Viewed:  8569 Time(s)

IMG_6538.JPG

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2023 22:29    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

It's always a pleasure to visit the room of Luis Burillo - for many years he has provided collectors excellent specimens for reasonable prices - especially at his keystone table.

New this year were wonderful green fluorites from Peru - lustrous and gemmy.

Luis specializes in the minerals of Panasqueira and as usual he had some great specimens - see photos.

On the keystone table I found this unique pseudomorph of chalcedony after anhydrite from Peru. It had to join my collection.

bob

IMG_6540.JPG
 Locality:
Milpo Mine, Cerro de Pasco, Atacocha mining district, Pasco Province, Pasco Department, Peru
 Description:
 Viewed:  8590 Time(s)

IMG_6540.JPG

IMG_6541.JPG
 Mineral: Aragonite
 Locality:
Keuper outcrop, Los Molinillos, Minglanilla, Comarca Manchuela Conquense, Cuenca, Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
 Description:
 Viewed:  8590 Time(s)

IMG_6541.JPG

IMG_6542.JPG
 Mineral: Misc Minerals
 Locality:
Minas da Panasqueira, Aldeia de São Francisco de Assis, Covilhã, Castelo Branco, Cova da Beira, Centro, Portugal
 Description:
 Viewed:  8576 Time(s)

IMG_6542.JPG

IMG_6543.JPG
 Mineral: Misc Minerals
 Locality:
Minas da Panasqueira, Aldeia de São Francisco de Assis, Covilhã, Castelo Branco, Cova da Beira, Centro, Portugal
 Description:
 Viewed:  8583 Time(s)

IMG_6543.JPG

IMG_6545.JPG
 Mineral: Chalcedony after Anhydrite
 Description:
 Viewed:  8574 Time(s)

IMG_6545.JPG

minsur

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2023 08:18    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

bob kerr wrote:

I was going through some of the Tucson photos from last year and found the attached. This was taken in Scott Rudolf's room at the Westward Look. Scott is among the top end of the top end collectors and has numerous top end dealers assisting him,

This photo shows many of his masterpiece specimens including 4 that are not for sale - notice the top shelf specimens - two "loop fluorites" are included.

Nothing else to say.

bob

Absolutely. I do not want to know the number of zeros wiped out there. What is such a piece of "mineral art" finally "worth"? 50 bucks? 100? No idea.

Unlike in the recent case of fake Mexican blue hemimorphites, where proof was kind of easy and, far more important, almost instantly at hand, many folks, dealers as well as collectors, prefer to, or, due to economic factors, have to ignore the facts and keep going on as usual. So, lots of "loop fluorites", "mango quartzes", lab (or even garage) grown "wire silvers", Tadjikistan "heliodors", zipped tourmalines and topazes (I must stop now, otherwise the list would become too long!) will greet us for many more years to come.
Just a side note - when you have watched some of the notorious YouTube video clips showing "mineral prepping", you do not want to own such a specimen either. But this is another topic - better not to begin with!;-)

The classic rule of thumb comes to mind - if it looks fake and/or too good to be true, it usually is... At some moments, ambition (and greed) may mislead our instincts and the fakers know that all too well:-((

After all that's written, I will not comment further on the Russian gold octahedrons;-) Only that I remember a lot of really, really truly outstanding pieces of a similar kind, brought to market by an absolute top notch dealership about a decade or so ago, apparently analyzed at the time. But doubts remained and rumours kept going on. Within quite a short time, they disappeared completely and this to the extent that, as of today, neither a single pic, nor even the locality is registered on mindat, so...

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2023 22:37    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

The Wulfenita dealership was unpacking the recent find of rhodochrosite from the Potosi Mine in Santa Eulalia, MX for display in both their room in Building A of Min City and also at the Vault room of Crystal Classics. I believe Wulfenita is a "subsidiary" of Crystal Classics.)

The crystal form is botryoidal, and the color is a bit pale.

The ones to be displayed in the Vault room are the top end pieces so I'll show what was being handled today and update later when the Vault rooms open.

bob

IMG_6562.JPG
 Mineral: Rhodochrosite
 Locality:
Potosí Mine, Santo Domingo (Francisco Portillo), Santa Eulalia District, Municipio Aquiles Serdán, Chihuahua, Mexico
 Description:
 Viewed:  8028 Time(s)

IMG_6562.JPG

IMG_6561.JPG
 Locality:
Potosí Mine, Santo Domingo (Francisco Portillo), Santa Eulalia District, Municipio Aquiles Serdán, Chihuahua, Mexico
 Description:
 Viewed:  8034 Time(s)

IMG_6561.JPG

IMG_6563.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  8026 Time(s)

IMG_6563.JPG

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2023 22:43    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

In the room of Marco Toroni (D13) part of his personal collection was on display - there were wonderful Pederneira tourmalines and this excellent Vesuvianite from Bellecombe, Italy - not for sale.

bob

IMG_6559.JPG
 Mineral: Vesuvianite
 Locality:
Bellecombe, Châtillon, Aosta Valley (Val d'Aosta), Italy
 Description:
 Viewed:  8017 Time(s)

IMG_6559.JPG

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2023 09:16    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

I visited Mustafa of Fine Art Minerals where he is again set up in the lobby of the Crystal Classics building. He had some interesting double terminated quartzes with (typically) double terminated tourmalines attached.

See photos.

bob

IMG_6580.JPG
 Mineral: Tourmaline on Quartz
 Locality:
Chhappu, Shigar District, Gilgit-Baltistan (Northern Areas), Pakistan
 Description:
 Viewed:  7639 Time(s)

IMG_6580.JPG

IMG_6577.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  7630 Time(s)

IMG_6577.JPG

IMG_6578.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  7632 Time(s)

IMG_6578.JPG

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2023 09:19    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Also, in the Crystal Classics room were the higher end pieces of that new Rhodochrosite find from Santa Eulalia, Mexico.

bob

IMG_6586.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  7647 Time(s)

IMG_6586.JPG

IMG_6587.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  7629 Time(s)

IMG_6587.JPG

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2023 09:33    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Visiting the "White House" of Danny Trinchillo's Fine Minerals International is always a pleasure. Here's some of the eye candy he had on display.

Note especially the Bournonite specimen with the fluorite cube on top from Yaogangxian.

bob

IMG_6598.JPG
 Mineral: Crocoite
 Description:
 Viewed:  7620 Time(s)

IMG_6598.JPG

IMG_6599.JPG
 Description:
 Viewed:  7627 Time(s)

IMG_6599.JPG

IMG_6600.JPG
 Mineral: Azurite
 Description:
 Viewed:  7618 Time(s)

IMG_6600.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG
 Mineral: Anglesite
 Description:
 Viewed:  7620 Time(s)

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG_6602.JPG
 Mineral: Bournonite with Fluorite and Quartz
 Locality:
Yaogangxian Mine, Yizhang, Chenzhou Prefecture, Hunan Province, China
 Description:
I thought this was one of the most interesting specimens on display at the "White House" - note the purple fluorite cube on the bournonite termination.
 Viewed:  7624 Time(s)

IMG_6602.JPG

IMG_6603.JPG
 Mineral: Amethyst geode internals
 Description:
 Viewed:  7628 Time(s)

IMG_6603.JPG

IMG_6605.JPG
 Mineral: Vanadinite
 Description:
 Viewed:  7612 Time(s)

IMG_6605.JPG

IMG_6606.JPG
 Mineral: Wulfenite
 Description:
 Viewed:  7618 Time(s)

IMG_6606.JPG

IMG_6607.JPG
 Mineral: Scheelite
 Description:
 Viewed:  7615 Time(s)

IMG_6607.JPG

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2023 09:39    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Here's another special specimen on display in the Crystal Classics Building. It's a large Elmwood Mine specimen (about 25cm tall) that displays all four of the major species of that mine - calcite, sphalerite, barite and fluorite. I've been looking for years for a smaller piece of this combination without luck. They are few and far between.

bob

IMG_6583.JPG
 Mineral: Calcite, Sphalerite, Baryte and Fluorite
 Locality:
Elmwood Mine, Carthage, Central Tennessee Ba-F-Pb-Zn District, Smith County, Tennessee, USA
 Dimensions: about 25cm tall
 Description:
"The Holy Grail" of Elmwood associations.
 Viewed:  7605 Time(s)

IMG_6583.JPG

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2023 10:26    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Two houses south of "The White House" you can find The Granada Mineral Showcase where you can find:

"This new high-end mineral show will feature multiple showrooms, a special exhibition, welcoming garden, coffee drinks and parking. Additionally, we will be releasing selected specimens from the Pohl Mineral Collection curated by The Arkenstone & Mineral Auctions."

This is definitely a must visit site - and don't forget to visit the downstairs where there's a large display of golds and silvers (not for sale) and some of the auction material.

see photos.

bob

IMG_6629.JPG
 Mineral: The Granada Mineral Showcase
 Locality:
Arizona, USA
 Description:
 Viewed:  7538 Time(s)

IMG_6629.JPG

IMG_6612.JPG
 Mineral: Chrysoberyl
 Locality:
Ambatondrazaka District, Toamasina Province (Tamatave), Alaotra-Mangoro Region, Madagascar
 Description:
 Viewed:  7552 Time(s)

IMG_6612.JPG

IMG_6614.JPG
 Mineral: Tourmaline
 Locality:
Cruzeiro Mine, Santa Maria do Suaçui, Governador Valadares, Vale do Rio Doce, Minas Gerais, Brazil
 Description:
 Viewed:  7551 Time(s)

IMG_6614.JPG

IMG_6615.JPG
 Locality:
Cruzeiro Mine, Santa Maria do Suaçui, Governador Valadares, Vale do Rio Doce, Minas Gerais, Brazil
 Description:
 Viewed:  7548 Time(s)

IMG_6615.JPG

IMG_6616.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  7558 Time(s)

IMG_6616.JPG

IMG_6617.JPG
 Mineral: Display of very tall Quartz xls
 Description:
 Viewed:  7551 Time(s)

IMG_6617.JPG

IMG_6618.JPG
 Mineral: Downstairs at the Granada Showcase
 Locality:
Arizona, USA
 Description:
 Viewed:  7539 Time(s)

IMG_6618.JPG

IMG_6619.JPG
 Mineral: Downstairs at the Granada Showcase
 Locality:
Arizona, USA
 Description:
 Viewed:  7537 Time(s)

IMG_6619.JPG

IMG_6620.JPG
 Mineral: Silver case
 Locality:
Arizona, USA
 Description:
 Viewed:  7553 Time(s)

IMG_6620.JPG

IMG_6627.JPG
 Locality:
Arizona, USA
 Description:
 Viewed:  7543 Time(s)

IMG_6627.JPG

IMG_6628.JPG
 Locality:
Arizona, USA
 Description:
 Viewed:  7538 Time(s)

IMG_6628.JPG

IMG_6622.JPG
 Mineral: Gold display
 Locality:
Arizona, USA
 Description:
 Viewed:  7540 Time(s)

IMG_6622.JPG

IMG_6623.JPG
 Locality:
Arizona, USA
 Description:
 Viewed:  7543 Time(s)

IMG_6623.JPG

IMG_6625.JPG
 Locality:
Arizona, USA
 Description:
 Viewed:  7541 Time(s)

IMG_6625.JPG

bob kerr

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2023 17:47    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Too well hidden at the far end of Buidling B (B14) is the Mineral Angel dealership. They had a large lot of "Green Quartz". These are very similar to those that came out from Russia many years ago but I think these are new to Huanggang. This new dig produced many high-quality specimens some associated with hedenbergite crystals (I always thought that the coloration was due to hedenbergite inclusions, but the dealer says the chromophore is asbestos.)

bob

IMG_6653.JPG
 Mineral: Quartz
 Locality:
Huanggang Mines, Hexigten Banner (Kèshíkèténg Qí), Chifeng (Ulanhad), Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
 Description:
 Viewed:  7303 Time(s)

IMG_6653.JPG

IMG_6652.JPG
 Locality:
Huanggang Mines, Hexigten Banner (Kèshíkèténg Qí), Chifeng (Ulanhad), Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
 Description:
 Viewed:  7307 Time(s)

IMG_6652.JPG

IMG_6654.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  7309 Time(s)

IMG_6654.JPG

IMG_6655.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  7306 Time(s)

IMG_6655.JPG

Joseph DOliveira

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2023 23:14    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Thanks for the clarification on the coloration Bob, Many of the Chinese dealers have been selling these as hedenbergite included quartz. I also saw the Huanggang mine listed as the Huanggangliang mine, I guess I'll have to redo a few labels when I arrive home.

bob kerr wrote:
Too well hidden at the far end of Buidling B (B14) is the Mineral Angel dealership. They had a large lot of "Green Quartz". These are very similar to those that came out from Russia many years ago, but I think these are new to Huanggang. This new dig produced many high-quality specimens some associated with hedenbergite crystals (I always thought that the coloration was due to hedenbergite inclusions, but the dealer says the chromophore is asbestos.)

bob

bob kerr

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2023 22:59    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Visited the Westward Look today - to quote Twain: "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - or to quote Monty Python "I'm not dead yet".

12 high-end/elite dealers have taken it upon themselves to hold a show at the Westward Look in the same rooms used previously. EXCELLENT specimens abound and are a viewing delight - but simply out of range of most collectors.

I'll try to cover a few here.

First will be Marcus Budil who has an Alps display case that is something that mineral collector's dreams are made of. I especially like two pieces showing complete octahedral pink fluorites on gemmy smokey quartz. Marcus said that these came out some time ago but are new to me.

He also had an accumulation of Stibnites each of which would need their own cases for proper display.

More on Westward Look to follow.

bob

IMG_6669.JPG
 Mineral: Case of Alps Minerals in Marcus Budil's room
 Description:
 Viewed:  6408 Time(s)

IMG_6669.JPG

IMG_6666.JPG
 Mineral: Fluorite on Smokey Quartz
 Description:
 Viewed:  6379 Time(s)

IMG_6666.JPG

IMG_6667.JPG
 Mineral: Fluorite on Smokey Quartz
 Description:
 Viewed:  6386 Time(s)

IMG_6667.JPG

IMG_6668.JPG
 Mineral: Stibnites on Marcus Budil's room
 Description:
 Viewed:  6370 Time(s)

IMG_6668.JPG

bob kerr

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2023 23:06    Post subject: Re: Tucson Shows 2023 - let the fun begin  

Christophe and Brice Gobin also have a room in the Westward Look and two pieces really caught my eye. See photos.

bob

IMG_6673.JPG
 Mineral: Vivid green smithsonite
 Locality:
Tsumeb Mine, Tsumeb, Otjikoto Region, Namibia
 Description:
 Viewed:  6384 Time(s)

IMG_6673.JPG

IMG_6674.JPG
 Mineral: Fluorite on Quartz
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  6376 Time(s)

IMG_6674.JPG

Index -> News about Shows   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 2 of 4
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: