We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 16:55

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Index -> Mineralogical Museum of Marburg

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tobi
Site Admin

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2009 14:13    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

Fluorite on feldspar from the Erongo mountains, Namibia.

fluorit.JPG
 Description:
 Viewed:  19889 Time(s)

fluorit.JPG

Reply to topic Reply with quote

Carles Millan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2009 15:20    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

Congratulations, Tobias!

Good work. The display is really elegant and your collection brilliantly exposed. You must be proud of it.

How long will it be there? Two or three months, as you said? I can't see anywhere your name as the collection's owner. I think it should be visible.

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2009 15:47    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

Thank you, Carles, indeed i'm very proud! It will be there for three months, that's correct.

Don't worry, there IS a label with my name. Prof. Masberg and Mr. Keller already made it and they even showed it to me, it says "Sammlung Tobias Martin" (Tobias Martin Collection). I couldn't yet take a photo of it because i had to work after the display setup and so i had to leave before the label was attached.

And because i had to leave i also couldn't follow Mr. Masbergs invitation to a cup of coffee and a bit of talking. But we will do that next monday, and then we'll also have an "official" fotoshooting because there will be a short report of the collectors display on the homepage of our university. I will post the link as soon as the report is online.

Jason

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2009 16:43    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

Congrats tobias..I am very impressed and happy for you..well done!

Tracy

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2009 20:41    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

Congratulations Tobias - a lovely exhibit! And excellent artwork too - you have real talent.

- Tracy

Thomas Uhlig

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2009 14:47    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

Congratulations! Nice display!

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2009 17:21    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

Amethystguy & Tracy: Thank you! Thomas: Danke! :-)

Here's a photo of the proud collector together with his beloved rocks. It was shot on tuesday when we made photos for the press. Sorry for the picture quality, Mr. Keller wasn't familiar with my camera ;-) But we have better photos on Prof. Masbergs camera, i will post them as soon as he finds time to publish them or to send me a copy. Carles: As promised, you can see that a label with my name was not forgotten ;-)

Again thanks to all who like the display and who complimented me on my drawing skills.

tm.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  19632 Time(s)

tm.jpg

Carles Millan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2009 17:39    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

Congratulations once again!

I can see "Sammlung Tobias Martin" ("Collection Tobias Martin") but cannot read the third line.

Please, post the Prof. Masbergs' photos too.

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2009 17:55    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

The third line says "Cyriaxweimar", this is the suburb of Marburg in which i live.

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2009 05:01    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

Hi all, yesterday was the release of the press report.

Here's a screenshot from our local newspaper's online issue. The pictures shows me and museum curator Professor Masberg looking at the display with my minerals. The headline says "Passion for collecting started at the museum - Tobias Martin shows his minerals".

The accompanying text says:

Marburg. The Mineralogical Museum of the Philipps University continues its exhibition series "Treasures of local collectors". A showcase presents the minerals of collector Tobias Martin from Cyriaxweimar, which will be on display until march 2010. "Tobias Martin gathered an aesthetically appealing collection", said museum curator Professor Peter Masberg.

"The specimens come from many famous locations on earth. This exhibition of a young collector is proof that it's not always necessarily the most expensive specimens which can make a nice collection." Tobias Martin began his hobby when he visited the Marburg Mineralogical Museum with his school class when he was a child. "I was that fascinated by all those exhibited stones that i began collecting on my own and joined the 'Friends of the Museum Association'", said Martin.

(The last lines tell the business hours.)
______
© of the picture: University of Marburg, © of the article: op-marburg(dot)de

op1.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  19484 Time(s)

op1.jpg

op2.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  19484 Time(s)

op2.jpg

Carles Millan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2009 05:23    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

You must be very proud. Many people in Marburg will be aware you are a mineral collector during the next months. Having a private showcase at a museum is a privilege only available to very few of us. I cannot dream of such honor.

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 06:50    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

I'm very proud, Carles, that's for sure.
Carles Millan wrote:
I cannot dream of such honor.

This privilege is indeed an honor, but i owe it to some lucky coincidendes: My first luck was to have a university with a mineralogical department and a museum nearby. Second luck was to have joined the museum's association long ago. And finally the greatest luck of all was that the museum has an exhibition series where local private collectors can show there specimens for some month. If this series wouldn't exist and if i wasn't a member of the museum association - i also would have never had the honor to have my minerals exhibited there.

An interesting phenomenon: Even people who are actually not interested in minerals want to see the exhibition in the museum and are fascinated by all those artworks of nature. So i'm a kind of missionary for our mineral collector's "religion" ;-)

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2010 16:49    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

Soon my collection will return from the museum, so i want to post some last impressions here if you are interested. I already posted many pictures so i just will add some specimens that i didn't yet posted in detailed shots.

yates_apatite.JPG
 Description:
A double-terminated apatite crystal with a lenght of 3,5 cm in calcite matrix from the Yates Mine in Quebec/Canada.
 Viewed:  19153 Time(s)

yates_apatite.JPG

antananarivo_quartz.JPG
 Description:
A 20 cm specimen of milky quartz with crystals up to 8 cm from Antananarivo Province, Madagascar.
 Viewed:  19177 Time(s)

antananarivo_quartz.JPG

huanzala_pyrite.JPG
 Description:
A pyrite cluster from the Huanzala Mine in Peru, height 16 cm.
 Viewed:  19169 Time(s)

huanzala_pyrite.JPG

zillervalley_almandine.JPG
 Description:
A 16 cm plate of almandine crystal in mica schist from the Ziller Valley in Austria.
 Viewed:  19167 Time(s)

zillervalley_almandine.JPG

Antonio Alcaide
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2010 18:22    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful experience. I have just read the whole thread -I had had only a look before- so I can affirm that your collection is actually good.

I strongly agree with Carles' previous words. Congratulations to you and to the Museum staff.

Greetings

Antonio Alcaide

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2010 05:36    Post subject: Re: My collection at the Mineralogical Museum Marburg  

That's very kind, Antonio, thanks. I also have to thank that i could share this experience here on FMF. I will never forget that i - and my specimens - had this honour, i'm really proud. And i'm happy if i could interest some of the FMF members in that event.

Cheers!

Index -> Mineralogical Museum of Marburg   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 3 of 3
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

Jump to: