We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

FMF English Forum is moderated by John S. White and Peter Megaw
 

Spanish message board






Newest topics and users posts
09 Dec-17:22:13 Re: franjungle collection (Franjungle)
09 Dec-15:38:46 Re: minerals of dr congo, katanga. (Roger Warin)
09 Dec-14:17:50 Re: munich show (mineralientage) 2017 (Roger Warin)
09 Dec-11:34:41 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
09 Dec-10:45:58 Re: collection of heimo hellwig (Heimo Hellwig)
09 Dec-10:34:36 Re: collection of fiebre verde - chivor (#676) (Fiebre Verde)
09 Dec-10:07:25 Re: collection of fiebre verde - chivor (#676) (Fiebre Verde)
09 Dec-09:50:32 Re: collection of fiebre verde - chivor (#676) (Crosstimber)
09 Dec-09:47:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Crosstimber)
09 Dec-04:08:58 Re: the mizunaka collection - fluorite (Tobi)
09 Dec-03:28:32 The mizunaka collection - mimetite (Am Mizunaka)
08 Dec-21:13:27 Re: collection of fiebre verde - chivor (#676) (Don Lum)
08 Dec-20:51:42 Re: collection of fiebre verde - chivor (#676) (Fiebre Verde)
08 Dec-15:22:53 Re: minerals for fossils (Fossil Collector)
08 Dec-15:20:25 Re: minerals for fossils (Fossil Collector)
08 Dec-15:16:11 Re: minerals for fossils (Fossil Collector)
08 Dec-14:56:01 Re: minerals for fossils (Peter Lemkin)
08 Dec-13:37:32 Re: minerals for fossils (Fossil Collector)
08 Dec-11:01:45 Re: minerals of dr congo, katanga. (Roger Warin)
08 Dec-10:57:30 Re: does turquoise ever come in other colors? (Lluis)
08 Dec-10:45:51 Re: minerals of dr congo, katanga. (Roger Warin)
08 Dec-10:38:41 Re: minerals for fossils (Fossil Collector)
08 Dec-10:28:06 Re: minerals for fossils (James)
08 Dec-09:14:02 Re: minerals for fossils (Fossil Collector)
08 Dec-04:36:34 Re: minerals for fossils (Peter Lemkin)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here


RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

Like
36416


The time now is Dec 10, 2017 19:24

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)
  
  Index -> Mineral Shows by Gail Spann
Like


View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 3965
Location: Barcelona


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2012 08:51    Post subject: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Pierre Joubert wrote:
Hi Gail. Thank you for your Denver report. How about more mineral photos and less people photos.

Pierre, you are relatively new in FMF and that's probably why you are not familiar with this "long term topic" ;-)

We discussed a lot about this in the past (which is normal, all us we are collectors and we love minerals) but believe me is a very serious reason why Gail should do the reports as she want: is because it takes a so HUGE effort to do it, that only if Gail (or somebody else) can do it as her/him want to do and in the way her/him prefer to do, I'm sure it don't will be made, and this would be a terrible lost! ;-)

Jordi
PS: afterwards I will move the posts related with this topic, currently located in Fabulous Denver Gem and Mineral Show, Sept 14, 2012 and on...Gail Spann, to this thread, in order to keep the Gail's topic coherent

_________________
Audaces fortuna iuvat
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Pierre Joubert




Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 1392
Location: Western Cape


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2012 10:29    Post subject: Re: The reason which Gail Spann can do what she want with her reportages ;-)  

Jordi Fabre wrote:
In http://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?p=25649#25649 Pierre Joubert wrote:
Hi Gail. Thank you for your Denver report. How about more mineral photos and less people photos.

Pierre you are relatively new in FMF and that's probably why you are not familiar with this "long term topic" ;-)

We discussed a lot about this in the past (which is normal, all us we are collectors and we love minerals) but believe me is a very serious reason why Gail should do the reports as she want: is because it takes a so HUGE effort to do it, that only if Gail (or somebody else) can do it as her/him want and in the way her/him prefer, I'm sure it don't will be made, and this would be a terrible lost! ;-)

Jordi
PS: later one I will move the posts related with this topic, currently located in Fabulous Denver Gem and Mineral Show, Sept 14, 2012 and on...Gail Spann to this thread in order to keep the Gail's topic coherent


Hi Jordi. Thank you for taking the trouble to answer me:-) I have said what I wanted to, so no more comments here :-)

_________________
Pierre Joubert


'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 3965
Location: Barcelona


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2012 10:46    Post subject: Re: The reason which Gail Spann can do what she want with her reportages ;-)  

Thank you Pierre.

I copy below the posts published before in Fabulous Denver Gem and Mineral Show, Sept 14, 2012 and on...Gail Spann

Pierre Joubert wrote:

Hi Gail. Thank you for your Denver report. How about more mineral photos and less people photos.



Gail wrote:

Pierre,
I was at the show for one and a half hours, I pay my respects to all my friends and I like to photograph them. I didn't have any TIME to look at minerals!
And frankly, I do my show report how I like, that's why it has my name on it. I am sure there are other people with cameras that will do your bidding for you, perhaps you might even come yourself and we can all enjoy YOUR show report?




Pierre Joubert wrote:

No need to be sarcastic. It was merely a kind request:-(



Carles Millan wrote:
Gail wrote:
I do my show report how I like, that's why it has my name on it.

Of course, Gail, it's your right. Thanks for your great work. Please, go ahead and keep posting.




Gail wrote:

Thank you Carles!
And, Pierre, being sarcastic is the only way to be at 6 in the morning, when I read your post.Truthfully, just scroll past my people photos, there will be minerals I assure you. This is a labor of love, I don't get paid to do this after all, and we are very social people. I hope you enjoy despite?




Tobi wrote:

Come on folks, shake hands and don't argue about this topic!

Gail, i understand why you were p*ssed. But i don't think Pierre did this to offend you. He's just new and doesn't yet know what finally comes out when you're doing one of your great show reports!

And Pierre, i hope you are not too offended by Gail's reply, but if you wait a little bit, you will see A LOT OF MINERALS, trust me. Gail does wonderful and very personal show reports - that's why they are so appreciated by all of us. Just give her some time do manage all the photos, to select the best ones and to put them together to one of her typical reports.


Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Luiz Menezes




Joined: 10 Dec 2009
Posts: 140
Location: Belo Horizonte

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2012 11:29    Post subject: Re: The reason which Gail Spann can do what she want with her reportages ;-)  

Gail, thank you for your report; I am still stuck at my selling room at the Ramada, I will only go to the Merchandize Mart on Sunday.

If you still have the opportunity of coming to the Ramada please stop by at my room # 108.

Luiz Menezes
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Gail




Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 5330
Location: Texas, Lone Star State.


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2012 01:33    Post subject: Re: The reason which Gail Spann can do what she want with her reportages ;-)  

Thanks Luiz!
_________________
Minerals you say? Why yes, I'll take a dozen or so...
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Colleen Thomson




Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Posts: 17
Location: 50 miles North of London


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2012 19:01    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

I love Gails show reports.
One of the main reasons they are so good is that i often don't have a clue who anyone is until I see a picture of them. having a 'face' that goes with the name is incredibly important. when that individuals' name then appears in these forums, on labels or at shows, I then can visualise who they are.

Thanks to Gail, these otherwise anonymous mineral folk would still be 'invisable'.
The people at these events are equally as important as the minerals. without them, who is to tell the stories and give the provenance to the mineral specimens on show?

_________________
Cheers,
Colleen :-)
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

supertxango
Site Admin



Joined: 15 Jul 2012
Posts: 135
Location: Madrid


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 15:09    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Thanks Gail ! For people who lives at the other side of the Atlantic Ocean like me, is a good way to put face to all of important mineral people that you show in your reports. Also it´s a good way identify the owner of mineral web pages I have been visiting during so many years.
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Gail




Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 5330
Location: Texas, Lone Star State.


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 16:14    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Thank you all! I am home, drove for 13 1/2 hours with my husband and son yesterday.
I didn't mean to be so short with Pierre about this, I was very tired and didn't sleep well.
As you know this is a labor of love, and I thank Jordi for his great forum to post on. Often of competitor cases. He sees a bigger picture than most, it is very kind of him.
I will settle in shortly and continue my show report. And, yes, I have hundreds of mineral photos!
Cheers.

_________________
Minerals you say? Why yes, I'll take a dozen or so...
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

GneissWare




Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 1264
Location: California


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 20:53    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Hey Gail!
Y'all are doin' a great job for those of us'all that couldn't make it to Denver this year, showing us the goings-on. Y'all keep up the good work.
Bob
PS Trying out my bi-lingual-ism -- Californian and Texan ;=))
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Gail




Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 5330
Location: Texas, Lone Star State.


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 21:02    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

GneissWare wrote:
Hey Gail!
Y'all are doin' a great job for those of us'all that couldn't make it to Denver this year, showing us the goings-on. Y'all keep up the good work.
Bob
PS Trying out my bi-lingual-ism -- Californian and Texan ;=))


Well you must be fixin' to speak more Y'all Drawl...but don't mix it with the land of the fruits and nuts!

_________________
Minerals you say? Why yes, I'll take a dozen or so...
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

GneissWare




Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 1264
Location: California


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 21:19    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Gail wrote:
Well you must be fixin' to speak more Y'all Drawl...but don't mix it with the land of the fruits and nuts!

California is like granola -- what's not fruits and nuts is flakes. ;=>
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Pierre Joubert




Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 1392
Location: Western Cape


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 03:57    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Gail wrote:
Thank you all! I am home, drove for 13 1/2 hours with my husband and son yesterday.
I didn't mean to be so short with Pierre about this, I was very tired and didn't sleep well.
As you know this is a labor of love, and I thank Jordi for his great forum to post on. Often of competitor cases. He sees a bigger picture than most, it is very kind of him.
I will settle in shortly and continue my show report. And, yes, I have hundreds of mineral photos!
Cheers.

Hey Gail, and from my side, sorry for upsetting you. Hope you get some deserved rest:-) Kindest regards.

_________________
Pierre Joubert


'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Gail




Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 5330
Location: Texas, Lone Star State.


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 04:45    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Thank you Pierre, I appreciate your kind words.

I am catching up on rest, it's nice to be back home.

_________________
Minerals you say? Why yes, I'll take a dozen or so...
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Pierre Joubert




Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 1392
Location: Western Cape


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 05:00    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Gail wrote:
Thank you Pierre, I appreciate your kind words.

I am catching up on rest, it's nice to be back home.


Thank you Gail :) :-)

_________________
Pierre Joubert


'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

chris
Site Admin



Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 518
Location: Grenoble


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 09:55    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Hi Gail,

Thanks for the photos. Hope you'll post some more soon :-). If I can make it, I'll help you with the Denver Show Report next year.

Christophe
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Gail




Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 5330
Location: Texas, Lone Star State.


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 09:57    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Hey Christophe, that would be great, you will do your own report! Jim and I will be displaying next year, will be fun.
_________________
Minerals you say? Why yes, I'll take a dozen or so...
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Riccardo Modanesi




Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 473
Location: Milano

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2012 08:54    Post subject: Re: The reason why Gail Spann can do what she wants with her reports ;-)  

Hi Gail!
Don't worry, go further by showing us your photos of minerals and curiosities from the expositions you always visit! It's always nice to see those photos, even for smiling a little bit!
Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

_________________
Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   
Display posts from previous:   
   Index -> Mineral Shows by Gail Spann   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
    

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


All pictures, text, design © Forum FMF 2006-2017


Powered by FMF