We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
20 Mar-14:06:43 Re: dry gill mine, caldbeck fells, cumbria, uk (Forrestblyth)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 08:11

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
The users should read the welcome message

Index -> Comments & Suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

lockheed

PostPosted: May 29, 2013 07:07    Post subject: The users should read the welcome message  

There is a serious issue with this forum. If I subscribe for updates for my topic, I start receiving notification for new posts from ENTIRE forum!

And there is not even a "Subscription list" position in options, so I guess the only way to remove those pesky notification is to remove my account.
But... that option does not exist either!
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: May 29, 2013 08:10    Post subject: Re: The users should read the welcome message  

Several errors in your message. Not doubts you don't read the welcome message you received (without this message you can't be member of this Forum)

Here is the message you received:

Welcome to FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board

Please keep this email for your records. Your account information is as follows:

----------------------------
Username: XXX
Password: XXX
----------------------------

Your account is currently inactive. You cannot use it until you visit the following link:

https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/fm_usuari.php?mode=activate&u=XXXX_key=XXXX

Please do not forget your password as it has been encrypted in our database and we cannot retrieve it for you. However, should you forget your password you can request a new one which will be activated in the same way as this account.

Thank you for registering and welcome to FMF, your mineral forum.

We would like to offer you a short description of FMF so that you can get the most from it.

In the center of the screen you will see a magnifying glass that you can use to search for information that has been published on the forum.

Just below that you will see a link to 'A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips': https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?t=1941 It includes some basic rules which help keep things in order and make the work of the moderators easier.

On the left of the page you will see an 'Index' button that you can use at any time to get back to the main page of the Forum. On it you can see the various categories of subjects relating to minerals, which you can enter and then tell people about your experience or ask any questions you may have about the locality of a specimen, scientific aspects, how to photograph a mineral, etc. Each Section has a brief description that tells you about the types of things it contains which will help you select the right section for a new Topic. That way we can keep them in order and more members are likely to reply. To see more about how to start a new Topic please read this message https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?t=1940

The aim of the forum is non-commercial, so the sending of personal messages ('pm') is blocked for the first 10 days for new members to avoid spamers using 'pm' to send personal mailings to each Forum member. That said, new members can receive a 'pm' and reply to it.

We ask that new members make an effort to present themselves to the other members with a short message. This is not required, but we find that it does help improve the way we all get along with each other on the forum. You can do it on this: https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewforum.php?f=23

We look forward to your participation and help in making FMF a great place.

Yours
FMF Forum
A meeting place for sharing mineralogical experiences

As you did not follow the request to read carefully A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips , you ignore that in EVERY announce of new message that you receive is written:

To un-subscribe:
If you no longer wish to be advised when a new message is posted on the forum please click the following link:
https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/unwatch_forum.php

so, just doing click in that link you will stop to receive more announcements of new messages.

Also you ignore that in EACH page of FMF you can see at top left the function icons, including this one:

Unregister

that you can use at your convenience to unregister of this Forum when you want.

Anyway, as you feel so uncomfortable in FMF I already canceled you account, so you will not need anymore ask requests and our help (Gravel identification)

Have a nice day

PS: I changed the title of this topic, I believe that the current "The users should read the welcome message" is much more convenient than the "This forum is broken" you used.
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Index -> Comments & Suggestions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: