We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 14:05

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
I believe all the pictures in the "collection of....." should be just that

Index -> Forum questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bob Harman

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 08:32    Post subject: I believe all the pictures in the "collection of....." should be just that  

On this forum there are several options for adding mineral photos. You can go to "best minerals photos", "trips thru the states of the USA" or "regions of other countries" and add photos. Also photos taken (with permission) at shows, museums, and dealerships, and photos of the specimens in your personal collections can be added.

What concerns me and needing a clarification are photos supposedly from examples in one's own "personal collection", but are not, rather just being pictures of specimens seen in dealerships, at shows, or other venues rather than in the personal collection of the poster.

I bring this up because I personally believe all the pictures in the "collection of....." should be just that and nothing else. Do I have a point; and is this correct? Please clarify. BOB
Reply to topic Reply with quote

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 10:03    Post subject: Re: I believe all the pictures in the "collection of....." should be just that  

Bob

I tend to agree with you, but it can create a problem when we sell or trade specimens. They were in the collection but no longer are. So what do we do?

Firmo Espinar

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 13:38    Post subject: Re: I believe all the pictures in the "collection of....." should be just that  

Hi.
Thanks Pierre and James. I appreciate your comments.

Bob how are you? I´ll try to clarify for you.

The minerals I share (Franjungle Collection) are in my collection. I´ve mined several of them: pyrite, aragonite, many micromounts, almandine garnets, calcite, vanadinite, etc.

I bought other pieces from some dealers like this last aragonite; I have some labels. Also there are many pieces acquired through exchanges.

More or less quality but all minerals I share with you belong to Franjungle Collection.

Some pictures are with the rock in its showcase, where it receives better light for the photographs.

Indiana is very far to Madrid, but if you come to Madrid I´ll show you the cases, we could exchange some rocks and I will drink a pair of beers with you.

If I share a very fine emerald, please question me again. It´ll be very strange.

Bob Harman

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2017 14:27    Post subject: Re: I believe all the pictures in the "collection of....." should be just that  

For all those reading this thread, my concern has nothing whatsoever to do with any specific individual. I just could not find the way to make my posting a completely "new topic" free of any previous postings about specific collections and pictures.

And thanks JAMES for more or less agreeing with my point of view. Rather than posting my mineral photos as "my collection", I chose to post all the Indiana examples thru the mineralogical trip thru the states of the USA thread. Several of the posted specimens are now in the possession of the Indiana State Museum and no longer in my possession, but all postings were of my minerals when posted. That is the way I envision my point of view.

In the personal collection thread (only):
In your personal collection at the time of posting the picture = okay.
Not in your personal collection at the time of posting the picture = NOT okay.
BOB

Firmo Espinar

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2017 11:14    Post subject: Re: I believe all the pictures in the "collection of....." should be just that  

Hi Bob.

Thanks for your answer. Ok, It´s clear now.

I think due a little mistake the message appears in another thread.

I´m sure The Indiana State Museum is very lucky to showing your specimens now.

I guess you can post your rocks in both threads, in your collection when posted and also in the mineralogical trips through the states of the USA.

Very interesting your position.

Regards.

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2017 11:46    Post subject: Re: I believe all the pictures in the "collection of....." should be just that  

Bob Harman wrote:
...I just could not find the way to make my posting a completely "new topic" free of any previous postings about specific collections and pictures...

Hi Bob,

The answer is in A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips point 10 ;-)

10.-)...To see how to start a new Topic please follow this link

Joseph DOliveira

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2017 20:34    Post subject: Re: I believe all the pictures in the "collection of....." should be just that  

I agree with James, as I have the same issue with minerals that are temporarily in my collection. All of my pictures are for minerals that at the time resided in my collection. As I have a cap set on the number of minerals in my collection, I regularly replace pieces as my interests change. I certainly wouldn't expect to have to go to my collectors page and start deleting pictures of minerals that I sell or trade away. If you post a picture of a mineral specimen in the collectors section, it should be a specimen that resides in your collection, for however long that might be.

James wrote:
Bob

I tend to agree with you, but it can create a problem when we sell or trade specimens. They were in the collection but no longer are. So what do we do?

Index -> Forum questions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: