We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
17 Apr-16:31:32 Re: mystery stone, who knows what it is? (Jordi Fabre)
17 Apr-13:20:51 Mystery stone, who knows what it is? (Flubbelyte)
17 Apr-01:49:17 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
16 Apr-09:46:56 Re: locality? (Bob Kerr)
16 Apr-05:47:22 Re: locality? (Tobi)
16 Apr-03:43:50 Re: locality? (Jordi Fabre)
16 Apr-03:36:35 Re: locality? (Tobi)
15 Apr-02:42:05 The mizunaka collection - fluorite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Apr-20:48:16 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Apr-07:32:21 Re: locality? (Peter Megaw)
14 Apr-07:30:00 Locality? (Bob Kerr)
13 Apr-17:53:56 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
13 Apr-10:22:57 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
13 Apr-08:47:36 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
12 Apr-23:33:07 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
12 Apr-16:13:00 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
12 Apr-15:37:19 The mizunaka collection - beryl (Am Mizunaka)
12 Apr-14:55:06 Re: collection of carles millan (Carles Millan)
12 Apr-14:46:24 Re: collection of carles millan (Dany Mabillard)
12 Apr-14:44:22 Re: don lum collection (Dany Mabillard)
11 Apr-22:02:20 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
10 Apr-14:59:55 Re: the mizunaka collection - elbaite (Am Mizunaka)
10 Apr-09:05:31 Re: collection of carles millan (Carles Millan)
10 Apr-08:08:58 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
10 Apr-07:54:53 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Carles Millan)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Apr 17, 2024 22:06

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Super Seven Crystal
  Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Index -> Incorrect classification and fakes

View previous topic :: View next topic  

John S. White
Site Admin

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 06:37    Post subject: Super Seven Crystal  

At times new frauds appear that are so bizarre that you can hardly believe anyone could take them seriously. Such is Super Seven Crystal, or Melody's Stone, or even Sacred Seven. You have to realize that this comes from the metaphysical people who have little regard for facts or truth, but the material has also been picked up and sold by at least two full-time mineral dealers who should know better. One dealer had it for sale in the ballroom of the Holiday Inn at the recent Denver Show.

In any case we are expected to believe that "Contained within the Super Seven Crystal are all the energies of amethyst, clear quartz, smokey (sic) quartz, cacoxenite, rutile, goethite and lepidocrosite (sic)." The name derives from the revelation that Super Seven Crystal "contains the propeties of at least seven different minerals." Apart from the fact that color varieties of quartz are not different minerals, I would llike to point out that this quartz does not contain cacoxenite, it does not contain rutile, and it does not contain lepidocrocite (correct spelling). One mineral that is actually present, oddly enough, does not make their list and that is hematite. I will concede that goethite is likely present, along with hematite, but that is all there is. That this Super Seven claim is an outright lie does not bother the purveyors of this fraud one little bit. They simply do not care that they are totally misrepresenting the nature of this material.

I should mention that this material comes from Minas Gerais, Brazil, and has long been known by collectors. The famous photographer of quartz inclusions, E. J. Gübelin, has referrred to this type of quartz as "beetle-leg quartz" because of the radiating sprays of black hematite, which become red as they thin out, and often end as straw-colored goethite.

That any legitimate mineral dealers could have been fooled by this is quite frightening but those of you who "want peace and harmony to rule your life" better go right out and buy a piece of Super Seven Crystal. All you have to do to find a source is to Google on Super Seven. The benefits are manifold, possessing a piece of this rock can "be of tremendous assistance in awakening, stimulating, and developing psychic abilities, including telepathy, clairvoyance, clairaudience, and clairsentience." How can you not need a piece?

This is, in fact, false advertising and some government agency should force them to stop, but I doubt that this will happen.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Peter Megaw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 09:03    Post subject: Re: SUPER SEVEN CRYSTAL  

So how do you REALLY feel about Super Sacred Seven John? You're probably a candidate for several pieces since it sounds like your ajna chakra is out of balance, thus distorting the intergalactic reverbarational stream emanating from your epiphysis cerebri and limiting the clairotranscendosentience necessary to recognize the fundamental cosmic reality of this unique natural mandala-energy focusing stone...it sells to rubes!

John S. White
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 09:48    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

But it wasn't "rubes" who were selling it at Denver and over the internet where it first caught my attention. And perhaps even rubes deserve to be protected from BS.

Tracy

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 10:17    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

C'mon guys,can we stay clear-headed and calm? This makes me think of the great debate between followers of evolution versus Intelligent Design. The evolutionsts whip out their proofs and evidence and insist that this must be truth. The ID believers insist that a higher power had to have played a role in making the world the way it is. The evolutionists laugh and ridicule, the IDists dig in their heels, ignore, or go into hiding.

It also reminds me of the Crusades.

Do either of you believe in the existance of a god? Or others who have not weighed in on this thread?

Faith is a powerful force among humanity. I'm not a follower of mineral metaphysics but I acknowledge that for many it is a form of spirituality and healing. Where is the harm? OK, smoky qz and amethyst aren't different minerals, but they look visibly different and practitioners believe that each possesses different healing powers. To a believer, whether it is one mineral species or 2 is a minor detail. Why does it always end up coming down to the mineral scientists hurling ridicule and insults at those who follow their own form of faith? Will we be burning those hateful "healy-feelies" at the stake next? It is REALLY so important that we must grab each metaphysics collector (or "rube"), pull them aside and make them sit through hours of lectures on hard science? I take a slightly harder stance against dealers, but they walk a fine line in the name of doing business and I don't feel the need to draw and quarter them.

Super Sevens are not new, I've known of them for at least 5 years. But I wish we could tone down the hostility a bit, it is making me uncomfortable. We have bashed this theme repeatedly in FMF, and unfairly so.

Think about the power of faith versus science as the Christmas season kicks off this weekend (if it hasn't already started). I advocate the right for each person to be able to believe in what they will. I also promote the right to agree to disagree, and urge each of us to try to coexist in peace.

From a pacifist at heart, and written in haste...Happy Thanksgiving, where all that really matters is a celebration of family and loved ones (and good food and football).

- Tracy

Peter Megaw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 10:25    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

There is a limit to what we should have to protect people from...our nationwide suspension of common sense has led to warnings on ladders rivaling the length of the ladder with safety warnings along the lines of "don't lean ladder aginst active powerlines" ...probably stemming from a Darwin Award candidate doing just that. I find it hard to believe that anyone but a rube would buy that Sacred Seven nonsense...it requires voluntary suspension of disbelief or gross stupidy and in either case they have it coming. Besides where is the harm?...beyond a slight dent in their pocketbook this is pretty innocuous as far as fleecings go. On the other hand we can direct community wide derision at the folks who know better whose cupidity matches the stupidity of their customers. Let's not pussyfoot around...name the names and let the ridicule begin!

Peter Megaw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 10:35    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

Tracy, I apologize for not making it adequately clear that my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek. I am tolerant of a wide range of beliefs that I do not share...and can even relate from personal experience inexplicable tales of "crystal power"...but I am as firmly skeptical of the magical powers of Super Seven as I am of a plastic religious dashboard figurine.

Jason

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 10:43    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

LOL..that is pretty funny..thanks for the post John..I would like to point out that the Diamond Hill mine in south carolina has cacoxenite and rutile ON quartz but NOT in quartz and can be found in the same general vicinity of each other as well as smokey and amethyst crystals..
"the super seven"..lol..I wonder if they hang out with the fantastic four..LOL
I agree with all you say 100%..not to offend any meta folks but you can have your "powers" and "healing" any day of the week..I will stick with good ole' science..it has done good for me so far..I would much rather have my amoxicilian medicine to fix my ear ache than a crystal..seems to work a little better..LOL..LOL..i enjoy reading justins fake minerals website..he has lots of junk and fake stuff being sold by meta folks..are there not enough unique minerals and crystals that you don't need to make new ones up or fake new stones..just baffles me
peter..love the "plastic religious dashboard figurine"..got a chuckle out of me:)

alfredo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 10:49    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

Tracy wrote: "Will we be burning those hateful "healy-feelies" at the stake next?"

Unfortunately, if the history of relations between believers and skeptics is any guide, the "healy-feelies" are more likely to burn the mineralogists at the stake than vice versa, and so most of us are more likely to end up as "burnees" than burners ;-((

But I agree with Tracy that we mineral folk do on occasion get too hostile towards the gullible/faithful, mainly on fora like this that don't get much read by "healy-feelies" anyway, so I think we are just preaching to the choir and making ourselves feel better.

Tracy

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 10:52    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

Peter, that your tongue was "in cheek" was recognized, though thanks for clarifying. But I stand by my position that the opinions being directed at metaphysical followers are overly harsh. Personally I am a logician more than a religious individual. I have followed the system of "crystal power" and have identified things that don't make sense. But, the same can be said for how I feel about organized religion (was raised Orthodox and became more atheist over the years). The only thing I know about faith at this point, wherever it comes from, is how fulfilling it must be for people who find real joy and love and peace from that in which they believe, whether it is a god or a rock or a rainbow. For this reason I am arguing in favor of tolerance and moderation, if we can't all "play" together. Open-mindedness is probably asking too much.

Getting off my soapbox. Happy Turkey Day.

- Tracy

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 10:59    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

I think that we diverted a little bit the discussion. In my oppinion the start of this topic from John was related with an ilegal selling action which a seller offer something (seven minerals) that don't correspond to a reality, so (please John correct me if I'm wrong) the idea was more about the fraud of selling something that in fact isn't what the seller say, than the real o irreal powers of these illegitimate 'seven minerals'

Jordi

John S. White
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 14:09    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

Jordi:

You are absolutely right! My fuss is with misrepresenting what the material is, not with the foolishness of the healie/feelie movement. Tracy, I do not consider these folks anything but shysters who are knowingly profiting on ignorance, and are not to be taken seriously.

I fully recognized the harmless jabs from Peter as an attempt at humor, which I found quite amusing.

Tracy

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 14:25    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

Well, I certainly meant no disrespect to anyone. So now that we are all good, we can go enjoy Thanksgiving! Hope it's a good one for all.

- Tracy

nurbo

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 14:37    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

Hi all,
I read on a listing on a popular auction site that it doesnt matter if the "Super Seven" has all seven minerals present it still contains the "Energies" of the seven, even the ones which are not present. It made me wonder where it will end ... "Ive got this house brick from Minas Gerais, it contains none of the seven minerals present in super seven but the effect is the same, yours for $200"

I have also recently observed that some "Metaphysical" dealers have taken to writing legal disclaimers on the adverts for their rocks, in the manner of "This piece of rock should not be used in place of medical treatment" and that kind of thing,

jewelheart

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 15:27    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

Hi there Hard-Core Mineral Experts,
I am often a lurker on this site and for many good reasons. I have learned quite a lot here....and ....my credentals include my owning a metaphysical bookstore an community center in the heart of Chicago for 20 years. Also I am the author of a book and oracle called the Jewels of the Lotus gemtsone oracle. Iti s my attempt to create a bridge from the science to the spiritual science....and still honor the intuitive side of my nature. My father was a physics teacher and mathemetician....so growing up I had to validate the ju-ju/wu-wu I spouted.
I would like to share a few thoughts.
We are living in exciting times. Is it possible that the hard core scientist are actually the alchemist of years ago? This is an age were many of the revelations o the "new age" are actually being brought int the light of day by new technologies including kirlian photography ...that measures the energy fields around objects (auras), gas chromatographs which can measure the exact notes of odors, spectragraphs which can measure the colors of elements, oscilliscopes which measure frequncies and NASA's COBE which can measure astral particles to determine their content and often from which atmosphere they may have originated.

With this in mind, many of the spiritual claims, by serious metaphysicians, have become more plausible. Examples include the Science of Anthroposophy which attests that the iron moleculeis the anchor for the incarnationg soul to journey into the realms of physical life......and match that with the science that the newborn baby (soul) has the highest iron content it will ever have in it's entire life ...at birth....and for a space shuttle to re-enter the gravitational forces of earth it needs to be coated wih iron magnitite. And during the biting process the birthing mother has te highest copper cotents ever in her lifetime.....and spiritual science attests to copper creating an envelope of protection linking the mother and the newborn soul. These are just a few examples......but I can go on and on. But with this in mind it can make sense to wear a certain stone....that is high in a given mineral(s).....to create a resonance within the body energy field and the same minerals and metals already existing in the physical body.

Now havng said this I believe that there have been far too many liberties taken in the metaphysical crystal field......but I believe that will soon end as technology calls this to task. It is already happening. I look forward to the day when there is complete verification with gemstone heling and the metaphysics.....but until that day....a lot of people are going to make a lot of "unqualified" money. But I look to the scientist and geologists to uncover these truths...
Many Blessings and Happy thanksgiving to All.....I have learned and loved the posts here,
Dawn

arturo shaw

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 16:20    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

Well, I really need one of those "Super Seven" now... after reading that "the Science of Anthroposophy which attests that the iron moleculeis the anchor for the incarnationg soul to journey into the realms of physical life......and match that with the science that the newborn baby (soul) has the highest iron content it will ever have in it's entire life ...at birth....and for a space shuttle to re-enter the gravitational forces of earth it needs to be coated wih iron magnitite" I don`t really know how to increase my "clairaudience and clairsentience". I have to keep learning :-)

Greetings

Arturo

Tracy

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 16:38    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

Oh no, not again...I give up.

- Tracy

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 16:39    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

Sometimes I do wonder how they survive in the UK! Here if you sell goods that are not 'as described' the buyer can demand damages any time within 6 years. So maybe I have answered my own question - I guess the buyers must believe what they are told and believe they get the benefits!

James

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 16:41    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

Tracy

We are just having fun (well I hope we are)

James

mraffordable

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 16:47    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

I have been a member of this forum for over a year and most of you have provided me with much very useful information. It is too bad that I now must be insulted because of my belief in the energy of crystals and minerals. Thank you, Tracy for sticking up fo the metaphysicians even though you are not a believer yourself. Mr. White, what you had to say about the Super Seven crystal is probably very acurate as far as its content goes. What you have to say about the people who believe in such things is tantamount to saying a Roman Catholic is a heretic because he/she prays to an idol. I am sure that you would not say such a thing or even question someones religious beliefs, so why do you feel it necessary to put down a very large group of people who share my belief? There are a great number of people who hold the belief that everything in this universe has a vibrational energy that can be put to use for many purposes besides just holding the atoms and molocules together. You have managed to alienate many of us in just a few keystrokes.
I am trying to justify my membership on this forum right now. I want to thank Tracy and jewelheart for their contribution in support of my beliefs. There have been a few other times when the "healee-feelee" terms have come up but not many that I have seen that were as blatantly intolerant as this one. I would be curious to have Jordi report on how this article affects the overall membership of the forum. I, for one, am considering dropping FMF. My organization is built on tolerance for ALL beliefs and for me to be a member of a forum that would allow this kind of intolerance feels a bit hypocritical. I have to weigh the information that I get against that.
I do appreciate the mineralogical information about the Super Seven. I will be more aware of what to look for when I do buy them. I just wish that the comments about metaphysics had been left out.
My mother always taught me that if you can't say something good about someone, don't say anything.

alfredo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2009 16:48    Post subject: Re: Super Seven Crystal  

A recent responsible double-blind study showed that the placebo effect is directly proportional to price, so a $10 sugar pill really does make you feel better than a $0.10 sugar pill. I suppose that would hold true for mystical crystals too, so the sellers might be doing the "patient" a favor when they sell a piece of common white quartz (sorry, I mean "azeztulite") for an outrageous price???

Index -> Incorrect classification and fakes   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 2
  Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: