We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
20 Mar-14:06:43 Re: dry gill mine, caldbeck fells, cumbria, uk (Forrestblyth)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 09:04

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Presentation of new members - Reference Thread
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
  Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tobi
Site Admin

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2014 19:35    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Hallo James,

herzlich willkommen hier und viel Spaß in unserem Forum :-)

Tobi

Hello James,

Welcome here and have fun in our Forum :-)

Tobi
Reply to topic Reply with quote

James Jones

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2014 19:49    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Thanks for the welcomes!! So much information to take in here :D

Off on my first adventure tomorrow hopefully :D

Deano

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2014 11:44    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Deano from Ontario, Canada  

Hello from Ontario, Canada!

I look forward to learning more about minerals and adding to the collection.

Looking forward to talking with new people.

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2014 12:08    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Hi James!
A warm warm welcome from Italy as well! But... a typical English name and surname and you live in Germany! Interesting!
And a warm warm welcome to Clifford as well!
We are all waiting for having conversations about minerals with you and maybe see photos of your collections!
Greetings by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

asergienko

PostPosted: May 13, 2014 14:05    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Emily from France  

Hi,

My name is Emily and I live in France. I'm new to rock collecting and I'm really enjoying myself. I go out most weekends and do all the flea markets searching for old unloved rocks, then I bring them home, clean them up, and see if I can figure out what they are. It's a thrilling process - first spotting the rock and bargaining for it, then seeing what it looks like when it's all cleaned up, and then learning about what it is.

I'm also working on getting some equipment and resources together - I need one of those UV lights but want to learn more about the best type to get.

This site seems like it will be an excellent resource. thank you!

Emily

Don Lum

PostPosted: May 13, 2014 16:58    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Emily from France  

A very warm welcome to The Forum, Emily. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Don

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: May 14, 2014 07:13    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Emily from France  

And a warm warm welcome to Emily from the neighbouring country just across the Alps, i.e. Italy! As a collector of minerals I started when I was but an 8-year-old child and I am still now at almost 50!
Greetings from... the other part of the Alps by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 14, 2014 11:28    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Emily from France  

Bonjour Emily,

Glad to learn there is a neighboor around here. Hope you'll enjoy collecting rocks and sharing with us on FMF.

Cheers

Christophe

Philip Mostmans

PostPosted: May 17, 2014 05:12    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Philip Mostmans from Belgium  

Hello everyone,

I haven't really had the chance to properly introduce myself on this forum and I would consider it rude not to do so, so here it goes:

My name is Philip. Born, raised and living in Belgium since the 80s.
I've always been interested in rocks ever since my parents took me to the zoo in Antwerp when I was 5 or 6 and I was more fascinated by the pebbles and rocks in gardens than in the animals.

I started 'collecting' rocks, oddly shaped stones and backyard rubble around the same age. The hobby had its ups and downs, but I always tried to attend the local shows with my limited budget. The hobby got a kickstart again when I went to the university in Leuven and there was a local mineral store nearby that I frequented. At this time I collected nearly everything I could get my hands on, I liked and had the money to purchase. Sometime in 2002 I went to see another dealer in the area and I purchased my first ever Fluorite (Denton mine, Illinois; specimen 0 :-)). Since then I've been hooked. My focus has been English Fluorite for a long time, but now I'm trying to broaden the horizon again with a special interest in Fluorite associations and crystal forms.

On the forums I am more of a reader than an active contributor, but I do try to pitch in every once in a while.

Michael Shaw
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 17, 2014 08:03    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Welcome to James, Emily, Deano, and Philip  

A warm welcome is extended to James, Emily, Deano, and Philip. We look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Michael

Don Lum

PostPosted: May 17, 2014 08:57    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Welcome to Deano and Philip  

Welcome Deano and Philip.

Don

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: May 19, 2014 07:37    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Deano from Ontario, Canada  

A warm warm welcome from Italy as well! And the same warm welcome to Philip too!
Greetings by Riccardo.

Deano wrote:
Hello from Ontario, Canada!

I look forward to learning more about minerals and adding to the collection.

Looking forward to talking with new people.

Susan Robinson

PostPosted: May 19, 2014 07:45    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Hello fellow Canadian (I have dual citizenship with the U.S. and Canada), and happy Victoria Day! I don't know where you live, but there are lots of localities from which to collect in the Grenville rocks in Canada.
Susan Robinson

Don Lum

PostPosted: May 19, 2014 10:19    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Susan Robinson wrote:
Hello fellow Canadian (I have dual citizenship with the U.S. and Canada), and happy Victoria Day! I don't know where you live, but there are lots of localities from which to collect in the Grenville rocks in Canada.
Susan Robinson

Welcome to The Forum, Susan. I have enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to seeing more of them.

Don

Davidsg

PostPosted: May 24, 2014 13:28    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Dear all, I am David, I'm 37 years old and i collect minerals for 20 years. I collect minerals from around the world but especially Catalonia and Spain. I want to apologize because my English is very bad and I have long forgotten.

Regards

Don Lum

PostPosted: May 24, 2014 18:13    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Welcome to The Forum, David. Looking forward to your posts.

Don

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 25, 2014 05:05    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Davidsg wrote:
want to apologize because my English is very bad and I have long forgotten.

Rather not, don't worry! And don't forget that you are not the only one here with another native language than English ;-)

So a warm welcome from Germany!
Tobi

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: May 25, 2014 10:38    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Hi David!
And a warm warm welcome by another guy whose mother tongue is not English! I was even younger than you when I started collecting minerals: I was just 8 (you read rightfully: eight!). I agree with Tobi: don't worry about your English: it is good enough and I think we all understand what you write, that's the most important thing.
Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: May 25, 2014 10:40    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Susan Robinson wrote:
Susan Robinson

Hi Susan! A warm welcome from Italy as well! Greetings by Riccardo.

Piroska Magyar

PostPosted: May 26, 2014 03:20    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Introducing myself as New Member!  

Greetings to Everyone :-)

My name is Piroska and I was born in Tsumeb and later moved to South Africa :-) I grew up with Tsumeb and South African Minerals so even though I find all minerals absolutely stunning my heart totally belongs to minerals from the Kalahari Manganese Fields in South Africa :-) and Tsumeb. I am an absolute South African "rhodochrosite" maniac :-)

I am also happy to share with you all that I am an "anchor" for Crystal Clear Radio which is an online Mineral Radio :-) aim to share Mineral stories,experiences,adventures with all Mineral Fans .......and all are "welcome" to be interviewed :-)

Happy to be part of the FORUM and I will try my best to be active :-)

Smile: Piroska

1 (2).jpg
 Description:
Rhodochrosite
Hotazel South Africa
49mmx22mmx22mm
 Viewed:  21832 Time(s)

1 (2).jpg

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 8 of 26
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next  

Jump to: