We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 17:23

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Auction : minerals from the Alexandre Delerm collection

Index -> Mineral Shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rossini SVV

PostPosted: May 27, 2016 06:02    Post subject: Auction : minerals from the Alexandre Delerm collection  

Dear all,

Please note the following announcement for this mineral auction in Paris on 17th June 2016.

ROSSINI-AP-MINERAUX-17juin2016-300x210mm-GB-V2 (1).img.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  18142 Time(s)

ROSSINI-AP-MINERAUX-17juin2016-300x210mm-GB-V2 (1).img.jpg

Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: May 27, 2016 06:33    Post subject: Re: Auction : minerals from the Alexandre Delerm collection  

As is well known this site is a non-commercial site, but as before other mineral auctions were described here due the peculiar characteristics of them I will maintain this thread just as a source of information for everybody.
I diminished a little bit in the original text some of the commercial descriptions and here it is ;-)

Just to clarify: I'm not personally related with this auction at all, I'm not familiar with the auctioneers and I will not attend it.

lluis

PostPosted: May 27, 2016 12:56    Post subject: Re: Auction : minerals from the Alexandre Delerm collection  

Hi, List

French ones and those that like antiquities probably know very well Druot. It is a magnificent house for antiquities in Paris (just I am too poor to buy his items... Many time ago I have seen a handwritten page of a symphony of Beethoven for sale... Price, well.....I would like to have it to literally exhaust the inventory of Jordi.... :-)

In minerals, who knows?

With best wishes

Lluís

Peter Seroka

PostPosted: May 27, 2016 15:37    Post subject: Re: Auction : minerals from the Alexandre Delerm collection  

Hi

I would not over-rate the auction house Druot in Paris, at least not when it comes to mineral auctions.(antiques might be different, I don' t know).

I have attended a few auctions and I have run my own auction of minerals at the Druot, together with M. Delerme. The outcome of the auction was more or less disappointing; the inexpensive pieces sold almost immediately for moderate prices; the higher priced goodies remained untouched.

The main reason for that disappointing auction was that only few of the potential buyers live in Paris or in the Paris area, whereas for many of the important collectors with spending power, who live anywhere else in France, Belgium or Germany, this Druot-auction is too far away.

I have had the opportunity to get to know Delerme at his Paris house, seeing his interesting collection, and during later occasions at the Munich show. Not few of Delerme's specimen come from my collection; some of those are high-end, some are just fine. Judging Delerme's collection (as I had seen it), I would not agree, that it would sell for the price of a Beethoven symphony. Just opposite - there are a number of well known mineral dealers, whose prices are far more expensive than a Louis XIV chair.

My honest opinion is, that selling minerals at the Druot may be an adventure, but not the most promising way of getting rid of a collection.

Peter

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 27, 2016 15:43    Post subject: Re: Auction : minerals from the Alexandre Delerm collection  

The catalog does seem to be a bit error prone so it does not fill me with confidence that they know what they are doing. Never heard of Fluorite from Birmingham.

lluis

PostPosted: May 27, 2016 15:45    Post subject: Re: Auction : minerals from the Alexandre Delerm collection  

Hi, Peter

I thought same... But knowing your opinion and knowing the collection, well, as I said

In minerals, who knows....?

I would not go there also....I travel very few for minerals... Say me Commodus.... :-)

With best wishes

Lluís

Bob Harman

PostPosted: May 27, 2016 16:33    Post subject: Re: Auction : minerals from the Alexandre Delerm collection  

Interesting discussions and while I do not collect this material and won't consider bidding on anything, I do have some auction experience.
I had a large and hi end stamp collection until I sold it in the mid 1990s and used to bid regularly in classic stamp auctions (after all I never "field collected" classic stamps).
One major difference between hi end mineral specimens and classic stamps is that many classic stamps come with accepted certificates of authenticity while most mid and hi end mineral specimens do not. This seems very important to me; if a stamp has been repaired or altered it usually is noted with the description and its certificate(s). If a mineral is expertly altered or repaired in any way, a non-mineral auction house may either inadvertently or purposely miss these changes when describing and labeling the specimen. Buyer beware especially when buying from an auction house that doesn't regularly specialize in mineral specimens.
Having said all this there might be 2 opposing outcome scenarios here. One possibility, already alluded to, is that the final auction results might be disappointing. But the other possibility is that several interested mineral collector buyers with financial wherewithal will travel to see the specimens offered in the auction. Their reasoning might be that if the examples are of truly hi quality and exactly as described with no misstatements, and if the starting bids are in the bargain range, they might get some specimens at real bargain prices.
Someone should follow up after the auction is over and let us know how it went. CHEERS.....BOB

alfredo
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 27, 2016 17:59    Post subject: Re: Auction : minerals from the Alexandre Delerm collection  

Don't they offer bidding by phone for collectors who live far away? When Sotheby's in Manhattan offered the Freilich collection, there was a row of phone operators taking remote bids.

But interestingly, where the photo in the catalogue did not do justice to the specimen, the rock sold to one of the bidders physically present in the room. And when the catalogue photo looked better than the real rock, it sold to a phone bidder. There's a lesson in there somewhere...)

Rossini SVV

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2016 02:36    Post subject: Re: Auction : minerals from the Alexandre Delerm collection  

Sure! We offer bidding by phone. You can write us a mail so that we can call you or call us directly before the auction.

For those you would like to receive the PDF version of the catalog, please send me a private message.

img23.thumb.jpg.903336f36a4ada80624288a9a53b8106.jpg
 Mineral: Azurite
 Locality:
Chessy-les-Mines, Les Bois d'Oingt, Villefranche-sur-Saône, Rhône, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
 Description:
 Viewed:  16556 Time(s)

img23.thumb.jpg.903336f36a4ada80624288a9a53b8106.jpg

Index -> Mineral Shows   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: