We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-18:25:15 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 18:56

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
  Index -> National Library of Spain / Biblioteca Nacional de España (BNE) and FMF

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: May 05, 2020 16:27    Post subject: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19 - Gea and her amazing displays  

Gea and her amazing displays

On Covid-19 times also beauty (1).jpg
 Description:
Sunset in Barcelona
 Viewed:  19253 Time(s)

On Covid-19 times also beauty (1).jpg

On Covid-19 times also beauty (2).jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  19240 Time(s)

On Covid-19 times also beauty (2).jpg

On Covid-19 times also beauty (3).jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  19223 Time(s)

On Covid-19 times also beauty (3).jpg

On Covid-19 times also beauty (4).jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  19239 Time(s)

On Covid-19 times also beauty (4).jpg

Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gail

PostPosted: May 06, 2020 13:30    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Jim has been home with me for 8 weeks. I like it. He is working from home and is much more productive and he is using his time NOT driving into the city.
I am doing photography and upgraded my cameras and lenses. Minerals, landscapes and wildlife mostly. I am happy, it’s my nature. Jim is happy, it’s his nature too.
We ride our Vespa scooters and take walks.
Here’s some of my photos.

B9A97986-2A96-4495-90E4-C5DA2AB44910.jpeg
 Description:
 Viewed:  19193 Time(s)

B9A97986-2A96-4495-90E4-C5DA2AB44910.jpeg

1074E6C6-CAB2-41C4-B61E-2EDDC69D578D.jpeg
 Description:
 Viewed:  19124 Time(s)

1074E6C6-CAB2-41C4-B61E-2EDDC69D578D.jpeg

727903EB-A6CC-49CD-90BB-42AD9DEAABD4.jpeg
 Description:
Our home
 Viewed:  19145 Time(s)

727903EB-A6CC-49CD-90BB-42AD9DEAABD4.jpeg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: May 06, 2020 15:57    Post subject: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19 - Leaf litter  

Leaf litter that the wind does not move

Gold (variety electrum) with Calcite - R.J. Roberts lode_Nevada_USA.jpg
 Locality:
R.J. Roberts lode, Willow Creek District, Pershing County, Nevada, USA
 Dimensions: Group: 3.5 × 1.3 cm
 Description:
 Viewed:  19136 Time(s)

Gold (variety electrum) with Calcite - R.J. Roberts lode_Nevada_USA.jpg

Bruce Friedman

PostPosted: May 06, 2020 19:00    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Gail, that's a beautiful Yellow Rose of Texas. Depth of field is super. F16 or 18?

Bruce Friedman

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: May 07, 2020 12:34    Post subject: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19 - Sanitized!  

Today made me laugh the news that MTI publishes about an upcoming "clandestine mineral market" that wants to be held soon in Salamanca, Spain and that must be very safe because they say they follow "the health recommendations of our Beloved Leader" and in which also there will be "UV sanitization"

Anyway, I'm afraid that as you can see in the photo our future looks like being confined, masked, and also, sanitized! 😁

El Futuro de la Mineralogia.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  18978 Time(s)

El Futuro de la Mineralogia.jpg

Joseph DOliveira

PostPosted: May 08, 2020 13:29    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Woke up this morning to a fresh blanket of snow, this makes it much easier to stay home and isolate.

IMG_2665 (2).JPG
 Description:
 Viewed:  18910 Time(s)

IMG_2665 (2).JPG

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: May 09, 2020 16:59    Post subject: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19 - M.R. is helping you!  

You are locked at home and do you need something to read? Mineralogical Record is helping you! 😉
In their latest newsletter M.R. News / May 2020 M. R. offers this candy...

To score your copy you can use this link: https://mineralogicalrecord.com/books.asp

50 Years of What's New in Minerals (1).jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  18864 Time(s)

50 Years of What's New in Minerals (1).jpg

50 Years of What's New in Minerals (2).jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  18876 Time(s)

50 Years of What's New in Minerals (2).jpg

jimgrains51

PostPosted: May 11, 2020 09:03    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

I've cancelled a lot of travel plans for this year and what's worse is that I had to cancel metal detecting ventures that I was looking forward to. But the good thing is that while looking at metal detectors online, I noticed that I could actually use an upgrade. If you're into metal detecting, you should check out this website for the latest reviews on metal detectors.

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 12, 2020 12:43    Post subject: Stay at home - More on-line resources - Geology from your sofa/couch  

I have just heard, via two routes, about more on-line activities we can join to help learn more about our great hobby.

"Geology from your Sofa" (or couch) is a series of talks you can join. The times are London time zone, so afternoon sessions might suit people on the east coast best. As an Oxford graduate, clearly the Oxford ones sound best to me but I am certain that they will all be interesting. I love old tramways and used to live in a house, built in 1280, which had a millstone set in the floor for the open fire (later in its history they used to smelt lead in the same room), so I will be watching that tour

https://geologistsassociation.org.uk/sofageology/#latest

I hope you find this interesting

James

Annotation 2020-05-12 183818.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  18487 Time(s)

Annotation 2020-05-12 183818.jpg

Mike Chontofalsky

PostPosted: May 12, 2020 13:14    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - More on-line resources - Geology from your sofa/couch  

James, Looks interesting. May I share this with the Southern Illinois Earth Science Club's Facebook page ?

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 12, 2020 13:45    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - More on-line resources - Geology from your sofa/couch  

Sure, go ahead and share Mike

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 12, 2020 13:50    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - More on-line resources - Geology from your sofa/couch  

Do note that registrations for the Oxford talks closes on May 18th

James Catmur wrote:
I have just heard, via two routes, about more on-line activities we can join to help learn more about our great hobby.

https://geologistsassociation.org.uk/sofageology/#latest

James

Jesse Fisher

PostPosted: May 15, 2020 11:36    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Here in San Francisco, we have been confined to home since March 15, with only a few trips to the grocery store, and solitary walks in the neighborhood allowed. This will continue until June 1st, at least, but I will not be surprised if it is extended past that date. It has been effective in limiting the spread of the disease, however, and San Francisco now has a much lower incidence than other large cities here, such as Los Angeles and New York.

This confinement gives plenty of time to engage in projects around the house that have long been put off, such as painting and remodeling the bathroom. Not so much fun. More fun is working on mineral photography and updating the collection catalog. Perhaps most important, however, is that it gets me to finish a long writing project on fluorite from Northern England. I have been working on this for 5-6 years and I am so happy that it is now out of my hands, and will appear in the July-August issue of Rocks and Minerals. This issue was scheduled to coincide with the annual Denver show, who's theme this year is fluorite. I have not yet heard that the show will be cancelled, but I will be not be surprised if it is.

In the mean time, stay safe and hopefully we will all see each other again next year in Tucson, Munich, or Ste Marie.

R&M Page 1r.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  18256 Time(s)

R&M Page 1r.jpg

Roy Starkey

PostPosted: May 15, 2020 11:39    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Jesse Fisher wrote:
Here in San Francisco, we have been confined to home since March 15, with only a few trips to the grocery store, and solitary walks in the neighborhood allowed. This will continue until June 1st, at least, but I will not be surprised if it is extended past that date. It has been effective in limiting the spread of the disease, however, and San Francisco now has a much lower incidence than other large cities here, such as Los Angeles and New York.

This confinement gives plenty of time to engage in projects around the house that have long been put off, such as painting and remodeling the bathroom. Not so much fun. More fun is working on mineral photography and updating the collection catalog. Perhaps most important, however, is that it gets me to finish a long writing project on fluorite from Northern England. I have been working on this for 5-6 years and I am so happy that it is now out of my hands, and will appear in the July-August issue of Rocks and Minerals. This issue was scheduled to coincide with the annual Denver show, who's theme this year is fluorite. I have not yet heard that the show will be cancelled, but I will be not be surprised if it is.

In the mean time, stay safe and hopefully we will all see each other again next year in Tucson, Munich, or Ste Marie.

Congratulations Jesse - I look forward to seeing it in print!

Best wishes

Roy

Jesse Fisher

PostPosted: May 15, 2020 12:11    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Thanks, Roy. Just a pity that the UKJMM is no longer with us. I would have loved to offer it there. Hope you are making some progress with the Russell project.

Roy Starkey

PostPosted: May 15, 2020 14:37    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Jesse Fisher wrote:
Thanks, Roy. Just a pity that the UKJMM is no longer with us. I would have loved to offer it there. Hope you are making some progress with the Russell project.

Thanks Jesse. Yes, the UKJMM would have been a great home for it, but I am sure that Marie and the R&M team will do a superb job.

The Sir Arthur Russell biography project is going very well. I have completed the bulk of the background archival research and probably about 80% of the specimen photography. We had a trip planned to Cornwall at Easter to do some archive work in the County Record Office and get some locality photography done - cancelled due to Covid-19; and this week and next we had a two week tour round Ireland booked up - also Russell-related, and also cancelled!

So, I have changed tack from my original work plan and actually started putting together the manuscript so far as I am able, with the resources I have already amassed, which are considerable, about a year earlier than I had intended. I shall have to pick up the outstanding tasks later when travelling around and visiting museums and archives becomes possible again, and then back-fill, but that will be fine.

Roy

Tony L. Potucek

PostPosted: May 16, 2020 07:10    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Thank you, Jesse. Your article is one I look forward to reading and timely, given that we may not be hoisting wee drams around the Denver rolling bar this year. We are still scheduled for a week long rafting trip down the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in central Idaho USA in early August. However, it may be cancelled as well.

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: May 17, 2020 16:49    Post subject: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19 - They don't lie  

I like the minerals because they don't lie

Inesite - Wessels Mine_Northern Cape Province_South Africa.jpg
 Mineral: Inesite with Natrolite and Xonotlite
 Locality:
Wessels Mine, Hotazel, Kalahari manganese field (KMF), Northern Cape Province, South Africa
 Dimensions: 4.3 × 3.7 × 2.2 cm
 Description:
 Viewed:  17927 Time(s)

Inesite - Wessels Mine_Northern Cape Province_South Africa.jpg

Don Lum

PostPosted: May 18, 2020 20:08    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Interesting article I came across today.

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/mineral-map-hopes-to-end-concrete-that-has-damaged-thousands-of-us-homes/4011751.article
(link normalized by FMF)

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: May 19, 2020 16:35    Post subject: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19 - Voluptuous  

I like flowers because they seem voluptuous without to being

Voluptuous.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  17594 Time(s)

Voluptuous.jpg

Index -> National Library of Spain / Biblioteca Nacional de España (BNE) and FMF   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 15 of 19
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next  

Jump to: