We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
29 Mar-00:03:53 Identification question (Jim Wilkinson)
28 Mar-23:16:36 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
28 Mar-18:25:15 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 29, 2024 02:20

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021
  Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Index -> News about Shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2021 13:18    Post subject: Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021 - New Discoveries (2) Shijiangshan  

The Shijiangshan Mines in Yinwu, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China is becoming an inexhaustible source of 'best known'.

It started with the Borcarites with Cahnite (initially erroneously attributed to Huanggang), continued with the Olshanskyites, then the Roweites and recently the Imayoshiites. Well, we must add another species to the list of 'the best of' from this mine. In Munich they could seen fine specimens of the rare Tatarinovite associated with the cohort of other species of that mine, mine that will undoubtedly be a world reference in the near future.

To know more read the paper: Rare Borate Minerals from the Shijiangshan-Shalonggou Deposits, Hexigten Banner, Inner Mongolia, China at the Rocks & Minerals magazine (Volume 96, 2021 - Issue 5 - Pages 392-409, authors Dr. César Menor-Salván, Berthold Ottens and Ed Richards

Borcarite with Cahnite from Shijiangshan Mine_China.jpg
 Mineral: Borcarite with Cahnite
 Locality:
Shijiangshan mining district, Yinwu, Linxi, Ulanhad League, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
 Dimensions: 5.2 x 2.9 x 2.6 cm
 Description:
The Borcarites with Cahnite started the race...

Photo: Joaquim Callén
 Viewed:  6499 Time(s)

Borcarite with Cahnite from Shijiangshan Mine_China.jpg

Cahnite with Borcarite from Shijiangshan Mine_China.jpg
 Mineral: Cahnite on Borcarite
 Locality:
Shijiangshan mining district, Yinwu, Linxi, Ulanhad League, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
 Dimensions: Cahnite crystals about 0.2 cm
 Description:
And even the Cahnites from there were very fine.

Viewed:  6485 Time(s)

Cahnite with Borcarite from Shijiangshan Mine_China.jpg

Olshanskyite - Shijiangshan Mine_Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region_China.jpg
 Mineral: Olshanskyite
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 4.8 × 4.4 × 3.8 cm
 Description:
Then the Olshanskyites...
 Viewed:  6509 Time(s)

Olshanskyite - Shijiangshan Mine_Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region_China.jpg

Roweite- Shijiangshan Mine_Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region_China.jpg
 Mineral: Roweite
 Locality:
 Dimensions: Roweite group of crystals: 1 × 0.9 cm
 Description:
Then the Roweites...
 Viewed:  6509 Time(s)

Roweite- Shijiangshan Mine_Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region_China.jpg

Imayoshiite-with-Andradite-from-Shijiangshan_China.jpg
 Mineral: Imayoshiite with Tobermorite-Clinotobermorite and Andradite
 Locality:
Shijiangshan Mine, Yinwu, Linxi, Ulanhad League, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
 Dimensions: 7.6 x 6 x 4 cm
 Description:
Then the Imayoshiites...

Viewed:  6495 Time(s)

Imayoshiite-with-Andradite-from-Shijiangshan_China.jpg

Imayoshiite-from-Shijiangshan_China.jpg
 Mineral: Imayoshiite
 Locality:
Shijiangshan Mine, Yinwu, Linxi, Ulanhad League, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
 Dimensions: About 1 x 0.4 cm
 Description:
Then the Imayoshiites...

Viewed:  6504 Time(s)

Imayoshiite-from-Shijiangshan_China.jpg

Bultfonteinite with Imayoshiite from Shijiangshan Mine_China.jpg
 Mineral: Bultfonteinite with Imayoshiite
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 4.4 × 4 × 1.6 cm
 Description:
...and Bultfonteinites with Imayoshiites

Viewed:  6527 Time(s)

Bultfonteinite with Imayoshiite from Shijiangshan Mine_China.jpg

Bultfonteinite with Imayoshiite from Shijiangshan Mine_China-d.jpg
 Mineral: Bultfonteinite with Imayoshiite
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 4.4 × 4 × 1.6 cm
 Description:
Bultfonteinite with Imayoshiites...

Viewed:  6487 Time(s)

Bultfonteinite with Imayoshiite from Shijiangshan Mine_China-d.jpg

_MG_1177-Imayoshiite 10-OK.jpg
 Mineral: Imayoshiite with Tobermorite-Clinotobermorite and Andradite
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 10.5 x 8.5 x 4.6 cm
 Description:
...and Smithsonian got one of these Imayoshiites...

Viewed:  6491 Time(s)

_MG_1177-Imayoshiite 10-OK.jpg

_MG_1234-Imayoshiite 10-OK.jpg
 Mineral: Imayoshiite
 Locality:
 Dimensions: around 0.7 cm
 Description:
...with gemmy crystals of Imayoshiite...

Viewed:  6481 Time(s)

_MG_1234-Imayoshiite 10-OK.jpg

Datolite variety bakerite from Shijiangshan, China.jpg
 Mineral: Datolite (variety bakerite)
 Description:
...and other species associated like this Datolite variety bakerite...

Viewed:  6484 Time(s)

Datolite variety bakerite from Shijiangshan, China.jpg

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Tatarinovite from Shijiangshan_China.jpg
 Mineral: Tatarinovite
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 7 x 5 x 3.5 cm
 Description:
And then in Munich, one more: the Tatarinovite...

Viewed:  6505 Time(s)

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Tatarinovite from Shijiangshan_China.jpg

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Tatarinovite from Shijiangshan_China-d1.jpg
 Locality:
 Description:
...with other minerals related, like Diopside, Andradite, Bultfonteinite, Tobermorite-Clinotobermorite, Imayoshiite... (under analysis)

Viewed:  6498 Time(s)

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Tatarinovite from Shijiangshan_China-d1.jpg

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Tatarinovite from Shijiangshan_China-d2.jpg
 Locality:
 Description:
Shijiangshan, a great mining area!

Viewed:  6498 Time(s)

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Tatarinovite from Shijiangshan_China-d2.jpg

Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2021 01:44    Post subject: Re: Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021  

Fiebre Verde wrote:
New dates for the Munich show 2022?

Official news is that next year's show will be held on the weekend straddling September and October, which overlaps with Oktoberfest, the world's largest beer festival.

When attending a small mineral show this morning in Paris, I was told by several dealers who also exhibit in Munich that the organizers of the largest European show are actually looking for an alternate date, possibly on early December 2022.

Gérard

It doesn't seem to me a very good idea, the winter weather in Munich could be complicated, especially moving by car, and many people have already booked flights and hotels for the official dates...

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2021 03:19    Post subject: Re: Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021  

Jordi Fabre wrote:
Fiebre Verde wrote:
Official news is that next year's show will be held on the weekend straddling September and October, which overlaps with Oktoberfest, the world's largest beer festival.
When attending a small mineral show this morning in Paris, I was told by several dealers who also exhibit in Munich that the organizers of the largest European show are actually looking for an alternate date, possibly on early December 2022.
It doesn't seem to me a very good idea, the winter' weather in Munich could be complicated, especially moving by car, and many people has already booked flights and hotels for the official dates...
I agree, the end of December may not be the best idea for an event at the foot of the Alps ... :-/

Carles Millan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2021 04:35    Post subject: Re: Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021  

Jordi Fabre wrote:
It doesn't seem to me a very good idea, the winter' weather in Munich could be complicated, especially moving by car, and many people has already booked flights and hotels for the official dates...

11 months before the official date (overlapped with Oktoberfest) my hotel room price had already been multiplied by 2.5. I guess as that date approaches it might be multiplied by 4. And the flight tickets will be unavailable. I much prefer to be cold than not make the trip.

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2021 04:51    Post subject: Re: Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021  

Carles Millan wrote:
Jordi Fabre wrote:

11 months before the official date (overlapped with Oktoberfest) my hotel room price had already been multiplied by 2.5. I guess as that date approaches it might be multiplied by 4. And the flight tickets will be unavailable. I much prefer to be cold than not make the trip.

When the Mineralientage overlapped with the Oktoberfest in the past (two times) the people did reservation in cities around Munich at 100 km far or so, but well connected by train with the Messe.
One hour more every day and the extra charge for the train's tickets but cheap prices for the hotels.

Carles Millan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2021 05:21    Post subject: Re: Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021  

Might be a solution, but it adds more stress and pressure to the trip just to save not much money: the flight tickets will be expensive and difficult to get anyway, and the hotel owners in Munich surroundings are not stupid.

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Nov 14, 2021 12:03    Post subject: Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021 - New Discoveries (3)  

I continue with the (scarce) news that I saw in Munich 2021. After two years it is difficult to say what was new in Munich or what was stored and was previously appearing on web pages or in small Shows prior to Munich, but I can say that these three things found during the pandemic period stood out in Munich.

- A relatively large geode that was found in the Bou Nahas Mine in July 2020 and that gave more than 50 pieces of idiomorphic Baryte crystals, some very large, almost completely coated by small Pyrite crystals that form a kind of mosaic, giving very aesthetic specimens with a lot of color and luster.

- After exhaustive analyzes made at the Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris, some curious green crystals found in Kakanda, R.D. Congo, turned out to be Kolwezite after Cuprite crystals. As them sometimes appear on druses of cobaltoan Calcite with a very intense color, the whole combo is very pleasant.

- Shortly before the start of the pandemic, in Trepča were found good crystals of Bournonite on the typical sulfide combos from there, and during the pandemic period they have continued to emerge, even better than the first ones, brighter and with more defined crystal faces, and therefore with a quality that makes them compete well with those of other famous localities.

More reviews coming soon...

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Pyrite coating Baryte from Bou-Nahas_Morocco (2).jpg
 Mineral: Pyrite coating Baryte
 Locality:
Bou Nahas Mine, Oumjrane mining area, Alnif Commune, Tinghir Province, Drâa-Tafilalet Region, Morocco
 Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 5.1 cm / larger Baryte: 6.3 x 5 cm
 Description:
Found in July 2020

Viewed:  5999 Time(s)

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Pyrite coating Baryte from Bou-Nahas_Morocco (2).jpg

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Pyrite coating Baryte from Bou-Nahas_Morocco (1).jpg
 Mineral: Pyrite coating Baryte
 Locality:
Bou Nahas Mine, Oumjrane mining area, Alnif Commune, Tinghir Province, Drâa-Tafilalet Region, Morocco
 Dimensions: 9.7 x 9 x 10 cm / larger Baryte: 8.5 x 5 cm
 Description:
Found in July 2020

Viewed:  5985 Time(s)

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Pyrite coating Baryte from Bou-Nahas_Morocco (1).jpg

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Kolwezite after Cuprite (1).jpg
 Mineral: Kolwezite after Cuprite on Co-bearing Calcite
 Locality:
Kakanda, Kambove District, Katanga Copper Crescent, Katanga (Shaba), Democratic Republic of the Congo (Zaire)
 Dimensions: 12 x 8.4 x 3.3 cm
 Description:
Found in 2021

Photo Joaquim Callén
 Viewed:  6009 Time(s)

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Kolwezite after Cuprite (1).jpg

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Kolwezite after Cuprite (2).jpg
 Locality:
Kakanda, Kambove District, Katanga Copper Crescent, Katanga (Shaba), Democratic Republic of the Congo (Zaire)
 Dimensions: Crystal of Kolwezite after Cuprite: 1.1 x 1 cm
 Description:
Found in 2021

Photo Joaquim Callén
 Viewed:  6005 Time(s)

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Kolwezite after Cuprite (2).jpg

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Kolwezite after Cuprite (3).jpg
 Mineral: Kolwezite after Cuprite on Co-bearing Calcite
 Locality:
 Dimensions: Crystal of Kolwezite after Cuprite: 1.1 x 1 cm
 Description:
Found in 2021

Photo Joaquim Callén
 Viewed:  5988 Time(s)

Mineralientage Munich 2021 - Kolwezite after Cuprite (3).jpg

Mineralientage Munich 2021 Bournonite from Trepca_Kosovo (1).jpg
 Mineral: Bournonite on Pyrite and with Sphalerite and Calcite
 Locality:
Trepča Complex, Trepča Valley, Kosovska Mitrovica, Kosovska Mitrovica District, Kosovo
 Dimensions: 11.2 x 9.1 x 7.7 cm / crystal of Bournonite: 2.5 x 2.3 cm
 Description:
Found in 2020

Photo Joaquim Callén
 Viewed:  6044 Time(s)

Mineralientage Munich 2021 Bournonite from Trepca_Kosovo (1).jpg

Mineralientage-Munich-2021-Bournonite-from-Trepca_Kosovo-(2).jpg
 Mineral: Bournonite on Pyrite
 Locality:
Stan Trg (Stari Trg) Mine, Trepča Complex, Trepča Valley, Kosovska Mitrovica, Kosovska Mitrovica District, Kosovo
 Dimensions: Crystal of Bournonite: 2.5 x 2.3 cm
 Description:
Found in 2020

Photo Joaquim Callén
 Viewed:  6017 Time(s)

Mineralientage-Munich-2021-Bournonite-from-Trepca_Kosovo-(2).jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2022 14:48    Post subject: Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021 - New Discoveries (and 4)  

In Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021 - New Discoveries (3) Jordi Fabre wrote:
More reviews coming soon …

As we said yesterday ... 😉

Due to some slight vision problems I have not been able to close my chronicle so far, and, curiously, things have happened along the way.

In Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021 - New Discoveries (2) Shijiangshan Jordi Fabre wrote:
... In Munich you could see fine specimens of the rare Tatarinovita associated with the cohort of other species ...

Those 'Tatarinovitas' came with the analysis of a prestigious German University, but despite the fact that Dr. César Menor-Salván has analyzed each and every sample to exhaustion with the help even of N.V. Chukanov, one of the discoverers of the species, has not been able to find Tatarinovite there. The fact is that Imayoshiite and Tatarinovite are two extremely similar species and, of course, there is no doubt that Tatarinovite is in the Shijiangshan Mine, but in the specimens of the photos of Munich Show (Mineralientage) 2021 - New Discoveries (2) Shijiangshan there are Imayoshiite, Datolite (variety bakerite), Bultfonteinite, Axinite- (Fe), Andradite and Schorl but not Tatarinovite.
One more proof of how important the analytical results are today, especially when compared to earlier times when minerals were 'named' quite easily.

I close my chronicle of Munich 2021 with images of another of the few novelties of that edition, some beautiful Golds from La Rinconada, Ananea District, Puno Department, Peru.

Gold with Quartz - La Rinconada_Ananea District_Puno Departament_Argentina.jpg
 Mineral: Gold with Quartz
 Locality:
La Rinconada, Ananea District, San Antonio de Putina Province, Puno Departament, Peru
 Dimensions: 2.1 × 1.8 × 1.2 cm
 Description:
One of the new Gold on Quartz from La Rinconada, Peru, mined in March 2021
 Viewed:  5184 Time(s)

Gold with Quartz - La Rinconada_Ananea District_Puno Departament_Argentina.jpg

Index -> News about Shows   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 2 of 2
  Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: