We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 13:46

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Gail Spann's Tucson show report, 2011
  Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Index -> Mineral Shows by Gail Spann

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Gail

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2011 09:10    Post subject: Re: Gail Spann's Tucson show report, 2011  

tiger_bris wrote:
Cant Wait for Gails reports either. Only one thing better than reading about who she comes into contact with or the minerals that get posted is spending a little time with her. You rock mate.

You are all getting me fired up, again, to get the cameras geared up and head to Tucson! Thank you.

Peter

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2011 13:17    Post subject: Re: Gail Spann's Tucson show report, 2011  

Trevor, I agree completely!
I myself is exhausted by the time Gail starts loding her images every night!
You are just amaaaaazzzziiiing. We will be home in Europe, miss Tucson and you but follow your reports! and the PEOPLE make it a real documentary!
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jesse Fisher

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2011 13:27    Post subject: Re: Gail Spann's Tucson show report, 2011  

Peter - I am sorry we won't see you this year. There should be many California pegmatite minerals on display. I will send photos so you can see what you miss!

Peter

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2011 16:03    Post subject: Re: Gail Spann's Tucson show report, 2011  

Thanks Jesse! I am sure you will put in some goodies yourself. Regarding the lovely Himalaya Mine tourmaline I found on May 18th 1987, which was kept by one of the mine owners (10 of them at the time), I think Josie Scripps. I looked at an image I have and I am quite sure it is the piece you now have. I have images from the pocket! and many specimens. That was the only one I was NOT allowed to buy!!!!

rweaver

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2011 16:47    Post subject: Re: Gail Spann's Tucson show report, 2011  

Peter

If you had Joise with you, and it was a good one she would have kept it. It was all part of the deal that was made any time she was around, and she was one of the main owners of the mine. She kept the best one found and you got to keep or buy the rest. I was one of her yellow hats and drivers back in the day. I still have two of the tourmalines I collected inside the Tourmaline Queen Mine.

Peter

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2011 17:45    Post subject: Re: Gail Spann's Tucson show report, 2011  

Thanks! Josie came with the other share holders to see the weeks crop. I was not there. I tried to keep things dirty! but of course they cleaned them off. That matrix was just incredible even with all rusty mud on it! I have the upper half and lower hald of the pocket (matrix almost all the way to contact) as well as deep pink crystals from the pocket center. Curiously one 10 cm DT pink crystal w cats eye effect fast growth fibreous tourmaline in one end was inside a "rotten feldspar" laying hiding all by its own.

Peter

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2011 17:47    Post subject: Re: Gail Spann's Tucson show report, 2011  

I am glad you got to keep two Queen mine specimens!
I am glad I was allowed into the Himalaya Mine at all since at that time I hade never net B Larson before and I was a complete stranger from N Europe.

strahler

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2011 20:02    Post subject: Re: Gail Spann's Tucson show report, 2011  

I really like all of the show reports from everyone. Gail's has a unique flavor, and I like seeing all the people having a great time. I just hate it when she catches me, usually looking my best, NOT : - ) She does a great job, goes above and beyond, it is absolutely wonderful to have these reports.

John Veevaert centers his reports around new finds, which is always great, and really is his own style. Jordi's show reports seem to get everyone contributing, which is great to see different perspective's. Fredederic Hede's reports are alway great, because he extensively shows minerals from European shows, and his photos are great. Robin and Ed at Crystal classics do a very nice job or highlighting nice pieces they enjoy. Richard Jackson's at Collector's Edge always share some great photos. Jolyon's reports have their own flair, and show many smaller shows we do not always see. Lastly, Tomasz is so generous to show his trips, I know I live vicariously through his adventures,

I just feel that we are very fortunate that people take their time, to share the shows and adventures with us all.

I just want to say THANK YOU to ALL!

Ryan Bowling

Jesse Fisher

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2011 01:30    Post subject: Re: Gail Spann's Tucson show report, 2011  

Peter,
I would like to see your photos some time. It would be great to know if the specimen Joan and I now have is one that you found that day. It really is a super piece and I don't think we will ever get a chance at another one like it.

Best Regards from San Francisco,
Jesse

Index -> Mineral Shows by Gail Spann   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 2 of 2
  Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: