We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Apr-22:18:36 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
18 Apr-22:09:29 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Volkmar Stingl)
18 Apr-14:47:23 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
18 Apr-14:25:29 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
18 Apr-10:23:19 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
18 Apr-09:23:31 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Joseph Doliveira)
18 Apr-01:38:56 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
17 Apr-16:31:32 Re: mystery stone, who knows what it is? (Jordi Fabre)
17 Apr-13:20:51 Mystery stone, who knows what it is? (Flubbelyte)
17 Apr-01:49:17 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
16 Apr-09:46:56 Re: locality? (Bob Kerr)
16 Apr-05:47:22 Re: locality? (Tobi)
16 Apr-03:43:50 Re: locality? (Jordi Fabre)
16 Apr-03:36:35 Re: locality? (Tobi)
15 Apr-02:42:05 The mizunaka collection - fluorite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Apr-20:48:16 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Apr-07:32:21 Re: locality? (Peter Megaw)
14 Apr-07:30:00 Locality? (Bob Kerr)
13 Apr-17:53:56 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
13 Apr-10:22:57 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
13 Apr-08:47:36 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
12 Apr-23:33:07 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
12 Apr-16:13:00 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
12 Apr-15:37:19 The mizunaka collection - beryl (Am Mizunaka)
12 Apr-14:55:06 Re: collection of carles millan (Carles Millan)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Apr 18, 2024 23:07

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Index -> Mineral Shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  

COLMAR 2012

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 11:04    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

EURO MINERAL & EURO GEM 2012 COLMAR 2012: A new beginning for the 49th edition of the oldest trade fair in France!

With the right balance between indoor and outdoor (tent villages) exhibitors, find the atmosphere of the traditional mineral show and take advantage of the facilities offered by an exhibition area.

The same team, the same concept, the same atmosphere, the same conviviality: joins us to Colmar from 21st to 24th June 2012, at the Colmar exhibition area!

All informations on: https://www.euromineral.fr
Any question: info(at)euromineral(dot)fr

EUROMIN_COLMAR_2012.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  31593 Time(s)

EUROMIN_COLMAR_2012.jpg

Christophe Houble

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 11:09    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

alfredo wrote:
And smaller shows are not necessarily worse shows. Do I care if a show has 200 dealers or 1,000 dealers, when I never can personally visit more than 20 dealers in any single show?

Totaly agree Alfredo !!! :)

Jordi Fabre wrote:
If isn't enough hard move to Colmar, now with the new Show in Ste. Marie the situation is still harder because our brain is in Colmar but our heart wants to stay in Ste. Marie, so we are divided! ;-)

"Listen to your heart" this is widely known, isn't it ? ;)
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 11:25    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

Is not so easy Christophe... ;-(

arturo shaw

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 11:59    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

COLMAR 2012 wrote:

The same team, the same concept, the same atmosphere, the same conviviality

Well, now that we are... Can I ask for BETTER food?? ;-)

Cheers

Arturo

COLMAR 2012

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2011 09:15    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

Hello everybody,

I saw all your post and I want to give you more details about the situation.

In order to verify the viability of EURO MINERAL & EURO GEM, we undertook two studies in 2010: the first regarding regulatory and administrative aspects and the second regarding safety and security. The verdict is clear; with 25 critical or outright insurmountable obstacles
I would like to ask you : If an event of this scale took place in your country would it be authorized in condtions like in SMAM?

Following our announcement, during the 48th edition in June 2011, of our planned move to Colmar in 2014, the Municipality of Sainte-Marie aux Mines requested major changes to our partnership agreement, most notably with respect to the use of public spaces.
We took into consideration the requests made by the Municipality and analyzed their impact, which called into question the very foundation of the long-running agreement, making it impossible to move forward.
After more than two months of negotiations in these conditions, it became clear that we could not be certain of a successful 2012 season at Sainte-Marie aux Mines. So we decided to move to Colmar in 2012.
It was with heavy hearts that we were compelled to make this decision. We understand your tearing and yours regrets to leave SMAM but we don’t have another choice.

The context made that we had to decide us quickly in order to insure the good progress of the 2012 show.

Today we are completely working for the success of Colmar 2012. We sent the registration forms two days ago and we worked a lot on the plans and on all the communication supports.
Keeping the same atmosphere as in SMAM is one of our priority. Villages of tents will be implanted on 20 000m ² and we will find the right balance between inside and outside spaces.

Moreover, we don’t go to Colmar in order to have more exhibitors but there, we will be able to satisfy the numerous requests of enlargement of stand. So, the exhibition grounds of Colmar allows us to put ourselves in agreement with the law but it also offer more facilities to our exhibitors, customers and visitors (access, logistic zones…)

Let us build the mineral show of a stable future in COLMAR.
Since many years, our company is in the same sector as yours. Between fascinated professionals, our interests can only be common.

We thank you for your continued loyalty, and we invite you to join us in with complete confidence at COLMAR… en route to a new success!

If you would more information about the reason for our move in 2012, please visit our website: www'.'euromineral'.'fr
or contact us directly under michel'.'schwab'@'euromineral'.'fr

Regards

Michel Schwab

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2011 10:50    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

Merci Michel!

blackink

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2011 15:36    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

More information

info_Exposants_-_2_-_GB-1.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  31155 Time(s)

info_Exposants_-_2_-_GB-1.jpg

info_Exposants_-_2_-_GB-2.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  31136 Time(s)

info_Exposants_-_2_-_GB-2.jpg

info_Exposants_-_2_-_GB-3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  31158 Time(s)

info_Exposants_-_2_-_GB-3.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 06:02    Post subject: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 - What a mess!  

I copy below the information published (in French language) about this topic in the last issue (102) of the French magazine Le Règne Minéral

What is sure is that the topic is complex with two shows already launched. We'll see what happens in the future...

Thanks to the Règne Mineral magazine for granting permission to reproduce the magazine here. His website for sales on line is located in Minéraux et Fossiles and they are some threads created in FMF related with this magazine, like: "Le Règne Minéral n°100"

Regne Mineral 102 - 1.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  31010 Time(s)

Regne Mineral 102 - 1.jpg

Regne Mineral 102 - 2.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  31036 Time(s)

Regne Mineral 102 - 2.jpg

Regne Mineral 102 - 3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  31036 Time(s)

Regne Mineral 102 - 3.jpg

Sainte Marie

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2011 12:57    Post subject: The Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show and the show in Colmar in 2012  

Hello everyone,

My understanding is that the Sainte-Marie-Show-Place is not moving - it remains in Sainte Marie!!!
And the Sainte-Marie-show-place is continuing with its well-known exhibitors.
It is also my understanding, that who relocates is the Euro Gem promoter, making effort for getting people to relocate with him.

For some exhibitors this may be a difficult time to be clear on what to do. Because it seems to be that two shows would take place at the same time but different locations.

Here are some thoughts for sharing:
Needless to say, that the world most famous mineral show city Sainte Marie has its mining history and greatest & charming tradition.
Apart from enjoying the show in Sainte-Marie-show-place as such since 48 years now, all of us as well recognize that generally fair fees around the world are increasing fast.
Now, in Saint-Marie, with the city of Sainte Marie running the show, having different mind-set and mainly focused on the dealers & the region, the city likely will be able to keep the cost as stable as possible for the exhibitors in a longer term in order to attract them to return year over year. As well, one should trust, Saint Marie understand and will surely do their very best to provide good services and advertisement to and for the exhibitors, as these are as well pre-conditions for the exhibitors for a good show.
Plus, as we know, too big shows are simply over killing. Those shows might be looking professional from a logistic point of view, but how often do we have to experience that the exhibitor’s shares of cake are getting smaller and smaller and the visitors are exhausted and tired & confused too by the size of the show. One of the statements the major of Sainte Marie has given to the regional France news paper recently during his interview is, that Saint-Marie will also try to keep the size of the show in a good shape in the interest of the exhibitors and visitors.

Considering the history of Sainte-Marie-show-place and experienced logistic team, Sainte Marie could very well be a success.

Here is the website: https://www.sainte-marie-mineral.com

Although there are still some construction areas on the web, at least we can receive the handy key information we need.

Regards,
Murphy

lluis

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2011 16:16    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

Dear Murphy

Well, certainly Sainte Marie has a long history, and landscape is wonderful.

But I suppose that you would agree with me that the logistics is a nightmare.
You should fly to Colmar and then rent a car or drive a lot of km for not ever very good roads.
I was refraining to go to Sainte Marie because for one side, I should take a long trip from Barcelona (well, I could visit some cellars), get a hotel far from Sainte Marie and then return home.
In Colmar, I think to remember that there are two flys per day, at peanuts the ticket.
That means that I could go and return same day (being self employée, I appreciate that...I need to work to fuel my hobby... :-) )

Anyway, time will say.

With best wishes

Lluís

Sainte Marie

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 04:22    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

Dear Lluís

You are such a sunshine :)
Of course there is an airport in Colmar,
But did you know this is for sport & private jet only?
So NO passenger’s traffic at all.

Well if some one would have a private jet, that’s good for this person, so he or she can come to Sainte Marie easily after arrival (Sainte Marie is 40 km away from the airport).
For all other couple of ten thousands of visitors, this airport is just meaningless to them.

Have a great day

Regards,
Murphy

Carles Millan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 04:44    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

Sainte Marie wrote:

There are two regular airports nearby. Basel-Mülhausen at about 50 km, and Straßburg at about 55 km. One can fly from almost everywhere to any of them. And there is convenient public transport to Colmar from both. The road from Colmar to SMAM is not nice, as everybody knows.

Sainte Marie

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 05:51    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

Carles Millan wrote:
Sainte Marie wrote:

There are two regular airports nearby. Basel-Mülhausen at about 50 km, and Straßburg at about 55 km. One can fly from almost everywhere to any of them. And there is convenient public transport to Colmar from both. The road from Colmar to SMAM is not nice, as everybody knows.

Well, the one says the road leading to Saint Marie is so nice and beautiful, the other says not nice....

This is really a question of individual taste..
Yeah, but thanks for the hint of airport....

Murphy

alfredo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 05:56    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

I think almost all visitors coming to Ste Marie come by private car or rental car, so public transportation is not a relevant question. A few people take the public bus to Ste Marie - yes, there is one - slow but very cheap. And I suppose parking in Ste Marie, which used to be a huge headache, will be much easier now, with fewer dealers there.

I'm quite optimistic about the prospects for two simultaneous shows in Alsace. In the USA we are long used to the idea of shows with multiple venues. Each one will develop a distinct style, and visitors will fall in love with one or the other, or both. Some dealers will choose one, a few might open two booths and do both of them. (In Tucson, a well-known Russian dealer sells from even 3 different venues! And I know one dealer who sells in Tucson and Quartzite, separated by almost 3 hours driving.)

It might even be more fun than before, so everybody please stop panicking and whining! :-)

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 06:03    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

alfredo wrote:

In Tucson, a well-known Russian dealer sells from even 3 different venues!

And also in Tucson a major German dealer sells in 6! different venues ;-)

Carles Millan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 06:14    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

Sainte Marie wrote:
Well, the one says the road leading to Saint Marie is so nice and beautiful, the other says not nice.... This is really a question of individual taste..

My "nice" there should be understood as ironic. So I repeat, The road from Colmar to SMAM is not nice, as everybody knows.

Sainte Marie

PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 07:00    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

Jordi Fabre wrote:
alfredo wrote:

In Tucson, a well-known Russian dealer sells from even 3 different venues!

And also in Tucson a major German dealer sells in 6! different venues ;-)

That's correct, and lots of US dealers sell at different locations too.
The questions thought is, whould this concept work for Europe... In Europe, mineral and Gem business in general is not as strong/international as in the US, with huge offers for a smaller market.

Hearing from some top top dealers say, that only Tucson and Munich were strong enough.

Any way, it's a good way to explore.... believe in one or max. two years time it will prove what would be the best for dealers in Elsass.

COLMAR 2012

PostPosted: Dec 08, 2011 08:52    Post subject: Re: The historic Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines Show move to Colmar in 2012 & the future  

Hello everybody,

here you can find some photos from the Colmar Parc Expo, than you can see the location better than of google map.
The Colmar Parc Expo is located just close to the vineyards and the mountains.
These photos were taken during the Colmar "Foire aux Vins". One of the greatest event in Alsace. You can also see some villages of tents outdoor.

You can also find other pictures from Colmar City and parc expo on our Facebook page.

FAV1.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  30620 Time(s)

FAV1.jpg

FAV2.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  30623 Time(s)

FAV2.jpg

FAV3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  30623 Time(s)

FAV3.jpg

simonoff

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2012 18:38    Post subject: Can anyone confirm the Colmar Show is Cancelled?  

Rumors are flowing that the Colmar Mineral Show (replacement for Ste Marie) has now been cancelled. Is this true?

https://www.mineralien-welt.de/Seiten/MW_News.html
(link normalized by FMF)

In English

MINERALS World News
"Mission Colmar" has failed:
Michael Schwab is on
02/17/2012. Tucson is just over, here comes on the 14th February by Michael Schwab, the organizer of the market by 2011 in Ste-Marie-aux-Mines, the bad news: Due to lack of exhibitors is the stock market in Colmar 2012 does not, Schwab is on the event.
This is the preliminary conclusion after a months-long tug of war and many quarrels between him and the follow-up organizers in Ste-Marie (as reported in our last issue). Schwab, the great hopes for the sudden move to Colmar has continued, claims to be able to attract enough exhibitors to make the event economically perform.
In an official letter to the press writes a team led by Michel Schwab reported going from 430 exhibitors, but well-informed circles believe that there have been some applications need much less, and this led to the cancellation. Other events such as the "mineral-hamburg" have the same number of exhibitors in order to work with and very successful.
The cancellation is, of course, very regrettable, especially Michel Schwab made in the last 30 years the stock market into a global event in the field of minerals and fossils has - she was the world to Tucson and Munich is the third largest event. With a unique and valued by many collectors and exhibitors flair in the city of Ste.-Marie-aux-Mines was the place thanks to Michel Schwab, a major "market place" has become a high volume.
Now, the new organizers around Mayor Claude Abel in Ste.-Marie have responsibility to ensure that the end of June 2012 besondes high expectations will be attained. And exhibitors and collectors now have less a problem, namely, to have to choose one or the other event ...
Thank you, Michael Schwab, for 30 years of successful trade fair year, and best of luck and success, Claude Abel, for future exchanges.
Rainer Bode
Editor-WORLD MINERALS

Thanks
Bob

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Feb 21, 2012 02:30    Post subject: Re: Can anyone confirm the Colmar Show is Cancelled?  

simonoff wrote:

Rumors are flowing that the Colmar Mineral Show (replacement for Ste Marie) has now been cancelled. Is this true?...

I'm afraid that it could be true. In Tucson Michel Schwab had not big hopes to find enough people to start Colmar Show and he was also disapointed by the strong fight with the Ste. Marie Show.

Anyway, nothing is confirmed yet, the main dealers and magazines who promoted Colmar tried to convince Michel to resist as they believe Colmar could be a good future, so maybe something different will happens in the short future.

In Tucson I had long talks with both parts and I invited they to publish their news here, hopefully they do it...

So, the conclusion is that although it seems that Colmar Show could not operate, this is not definitive yet, at least as far as I know.

Index -> Mineral Shows   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 2 of 3
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: