We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
29 Mar-06:20:21 Re: identification question (James Catmur)
29 Mar-00:03:53 Identification question (Jim Wilkinson)
28 Mar-23:16:36 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
28 Mar-18:25:15 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 29, 2024 06:48

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
One Month Work in the Anarak mines
  Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Index -> The Ten Thousand Club

View previous topic :: View next topic  

h.abbasi

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: May 21, 2012 06:40    Post subject: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

On 9 May, my friend Mr. Pirirany and I went to Chah Mileh Pb mine (Anarak District, Naein County, Esfahan Province, Iran). An abandoned mine near Anarak City which was abandoned in 1959. We found more than 60 good specimens and I will share some of them with you. I hope you enjoy and let me know your comments:

IMG_0833.JPG
 Description:
Sunrise
Esfahan Naein roadway Sunrise
 Viewed:  36683 Time(s)

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG
 Description:
Mine entrance
Mr. Pirirani at mine entrance. The mine entrance was damaged and very difficult and dangerous to access. After entering we had to crawl about 30 m.
 Viewed:  36662 Time(s)

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG
 Description:
Wulfenite
Chah Mileh mine, Anarak city, Esfahan province, Iran
A very good thumbnail of rather thick wulfenite crystals
 Viewed:  36665 Time(s)

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG
 Description:
Mimetite
Persian mimetite is some of the best in the world. This specimen consists of bright orange mimetite of the best color. All in all, this is a beautiful specimen of material that is very, very difficult to obtain.
 Viewed:  36653 Time(s)

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG
 Description:
Descloizite
The matrix is actually a large descloizite crystal that has been pseudomorphed by a mixture of cerussite, mimetite, wulfenite, and possibly anglesite. Over that has grown a second generation of mimetite crystals, and a few bright orange wulfenites. This is truly an exceptional miniature, and an example of material only found in Iran.
This specimen consists of a big crystal of Wulfenite too ( in left of photo )
 Viewed:  36662 Time(s)

IMG_1044.JPG

untitldded.JPG
 Description:
Minium
Chah Mileh mine, Anarak city, Esfahan province, Iran.
Minium crystals from the oxidized zone of the mine and some wulfenite crystals on it.
 Viewed:  36653 Time(s)

untitldded.JPG

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: May 21, 2012 07:43    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Thank you Abbasi, I will love this thread!

For those who do not know it, the Chahmile mine is the source of some of the world's best Wulfenites. Is extremely rare to see some of them, but Museums like Sorbonne in Paris, display a few as the result of the trips to Iran by the former curator Mr. Pierre Bariand. The rich color, wonderful contrast with the whitish matrix, the size and the luster, the Wulfenites from the Chahmile Mine are equal (if not better) in terms of quality than the famous Wulfenites from the Red Cloud Mine.
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Les Presmyk

PostPosted: May 21, 2012 09:44    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

The wulfenites from here are probably the reddish wulfenites, consistently more so and as Jordi observed, probably redder than the vast majority of Red Cloud mine specimens.

As an aside, the Red Cloud mine was not named for its red wulfenite, which from the earliest mining was recognized as something beautiful and unique. To this point it was mentioned in the Territorial Governor's report to the United States Congress around 1898. The mine took its name from a trail honoring a tribal chief.

I really appreciate the photos and the efforts of these two gentlemen to bring these specimens to light. Their pride in their country is obvious.

John S. White
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 21, 2012 09:58    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Congratulations on your successful collecting and thanks for this thread. I well remember the only other fine wulfenite from this mine which Pierre Bariand, then curator of the Sorbonne Museum, collected himself (I believe) and was part of the display that he brought to the Tucson Show many years ago. It was vibrantly red!

ploum

PostPosted: May 21, 2012 14:47    Post subject: Re: One day trip to Chahmile mine, Iran  

Great!

pirirani

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 01:36    Post subject: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Hi all
I found nice minerals in the Anarak abandoned mines (Chah Mileh mine, Goea abas, Nakhlak ...)
See and enjoy
Regards
Farhad

DSC08077_1.jpg
 Description:
Mimetite
7 x 7 cm.
 Viewed:  36493 Time(s)

DSC08077_1.jpg

DSC08079_1.jpg
 Description:
Mimetite and wulfenite
6 x 5 cm.
 Viewed:  36468 Time(s)

DSC08079_1.jpg

DSC08187_1.jpg
 Description:
Cerussite
Nakhlak mine, Anarak city, Esfahan province, Iran
6 cm.

DSC08187_1.jpg

DSC08234_1.jpg
 Description:
Cerussite Ps. Descloizite and Mimetite
9 x 6 cm.

DSC08234_1.jpg

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 01:53    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Really cool stuff! You say an abandoned mine - can everybody enter this mine?

pirirani

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 02:03    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Ok, I had guests for a day! https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?t=2308
Regards

h.abbasi

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 02:30    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Dear Pirirani
Congratulations and thanks for this thread.
mamnun az zahamatet va in topiket khayli ghashang bud hal kardam . yaani faghat ba ina mishe fahmund ke keshvare ma che chizaee tush peyda mishe . kash nemuneh hay khubetun ro ham aksashuno mizashtin .
be har hal mersi . omidvaram dobare ye forsati pish biad ba ham berim dobare

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 02:33    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Ah, he was your companion on the field trip, now i understand :-)

Cool reports from the mine and really good specimens, my favourite is the red wulfenite from the other report: https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/files/img_1026_231.jpg

pirirani

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 02:42    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Mer30 Hasan
Hatman mirim

pirirani

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 03:02    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Hi
Some other photos
Regards

DSC08086_1.jpg
 Description:
Mimetite
9 x 8 cm.
 Viewed:  36411 Time(s)

DSC08086_1.jpg

DSC08090_1.jpg
 Description:
Mimetite
3.7 x 3.5 cm.
 Viewed:  36406 Time(s)

DSC08090_1.jpg

DSC08205_1.jpg
 Description:
Cerussite
Nakhlak mine, Anarak city, Esfahan province, Iran
5 cm.
 Viewed:  36669 Time(s)

DSC08205_1.jpg

Antonio Alcaide
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 05:48    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Amazing cerussite!! It reminds me of those from Tsumeb. Thanks for sharing here.

Regards

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 06:54    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Hi pirirani, welcome to FMF.

I unified both threads, this one and the previous one from h.abbasi, "One day trip to Chahmile mine, Iran" in order to make more coherent the topic. I also renamed the topic, right now is no more "One day trip to Chahmile mine, Iran" but "One Month Work in the Anarak mines".

Also, we love to see your Farsi texts, but if possible please add also its translation to English language to help the non Farsi speakers to understand what you mean... ;-)

Again, thank you both for this so interesting thread.

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 07:19    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

It is really a pleasure to see what wonderful minerals there are in parts of the world we do not know much about. Many of these specimens can keep up with famous localities: The cerussite (as Antonio mentioned) reminds of Tsumeb, and the red wulfenite reminds me of Red Cloud Mine (Arizona), the mimetite of the great ones from various mines in Chihuahua/Mexico!

Good work, thanks!

pirirani

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 08:39    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Hi all
Ok dear Jordi
I'll be back tomorrow to mines for 15 days.
The final thing, you see some beautiful specimens.
Regards
Farhad

DSC08204_1.jpg
 Description:
Cerussite
Nakhlak mine Esfahan province iran
5.5 cm.
 Viewed:  36270 Time(s)

DSC08204_1.jpg

DSC08212_1.jpg
 Description:
Cerussite ps.Descloizite and mimetite
Chah mileh mine, Anarak city, Esfahan province, Iran
9 x 6 cm.
 Viewed:  36260 Time(s)

DSC08212_1.jpg

DSC08235_1.jpg
 Description:
Aragonite
Goad abas mine, Chupanan city, Isfahan province, Iran
7.5 cm.
 Viewed:  36248 Time(s)

DSC08235_1.jpg

DSC08087_1.jpg
 Description:
Mimetite
Chah mileh mine, Anarak city, Esfahan province, Iran
7.5 x 7.5 cm.
 Viewed:  36257 Time(s)

DSC08087_1.jpg

vhairap

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2013 12:56    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Jordi Fabre wrote:
Thank you Abbasi, I will love this thread!

For those who do not know it, the Chahmile mine is the source of some of the world's best Wulfenites. Is extremely rare to see some of them, but Museums like Sorbonne in Paris, display few as the result of the trips to Iran of the former curator Mr. Pierre Bariand, and by its rich color, the wonderful contrast with the whitish matrix, the size and the luster, the Wulfenites from the Chahmile Mine are equal (if not better) in terms of quality than the famous Wulfenites from the Red Cloud Mine.

Hello I was reading this thread a while ago!
Jordi, you said about wulfenites from Chah Milleh mine and its quality. But the characters you mentioned fits well with those from Chah Kharboze mine, already very famous for one of two best world class localities. I mean the red crystals in white matrix. I could see these extreme rare crystals recently which is most red I have ever seen. Those from Chah Milleh are more yellow-orange in colour, and sometimes a few red ones set mostly with mimetite on a ps. descloizite matrix. Am I right? Would you give me your comments?

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2013 15:00    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

vhairap wrote:
Jordi, you said about wulfenites from Chah Milleh mine and its quality. But the characters you mentioned fits well with those from Chah Kharboze mine, already very famous for one of two best world class localities. I mean the red crystals in white matrix...

It could be Vachik, I'm not so familiar with both mines. I saw the specimen: https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/files/img_1026_231.jpg labeled as from Chah Mileh mine and probably I made a mix up on my mind among the specimens from the Sorbonne Museum (and another I saw in a private collection) and both mines, Chah Mileh and Chah Kharboze. I'm sure that you know these mines better than me... ;-)

Anyway, the fact is that Iran supplied (supply?) unbelievable Wulfenites and I was happy to refresh my souvenirs of these astounding Iranian Wulfenites, fire red on white matrix.

vhairap

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2013 15:49    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Jordi Fabre wrote:
vhairap wrote:
Jordi, you said about wulfenites from Chah Milleh mine and its quality. But the characters you mentioned fits well with those from Chah Kharboze mine, already very famous for one of two best world class localities. I mean the red crystals in white matrix...

It could be Vachik, I'm not so familiar with both mines. I saw the specimen: https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/files/img_1026_231.jpg labeled as from Chah Mileh mine and probably I made a mix up on my mind among the specimens from the Sorbonne Museum (and another I saw in a private collection) and both mines, Chah Mileh and Chah Kharboze. I'm sure that you know these mines better than me... ;-)

Anyway, the fact is that Iran supplied (supply?) unbelievable Wulfenites and I was happy to refresh my souvenirs of these astounding Iranian Wulfenites, fire red on white matrix.

Thanks Jordi. These 'fire red to orange-red wulfenites' in white matrix mostly came from Chah Kharboze and considered the best in colour and maybe in crystal size, although Chah Milleh also provided red crystals occasionally. In this thread, I will add my more detailed comments with new images on the differences of Iranian wulfenites from the most famous localities. I will focus on the specimens from Chah Milleh, Chah Kharboze and Ahmad Abad mines which I call three important localities. Other localities may have produced specimens time to time, but the records are very scarce and uncomparable to those mentioned, I think.

Mark Ost

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2013 16:07    Post subject: Re: One Month Work in the Anarak mines  

Wonderful photos. I love the sunrise. I was once in Bandar Abbass, Iran and remember the sunrise and the heat coming on! So glad to see these minerals from your part of the world.

Index -> The Ten Thousand Club   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 2
  Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: