We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Apr-14:47:23 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
18 Apr-14:25:29 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
18 Apr-10:23:19 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
18 Apr-09:23:31 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Joseph Doliveira)
18 Apr-01:38:56 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
17 Apr-16:31:32 Re: mystery stone, who knows what it is? (Jordi Fabre)
17 Apr-13:20:51 Mystery stone, who knows what it is? (Flubbelyte)
17 Apr-01:49:17 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
16 Apr-09:46:56 Re: locality? (Bob Kerr)
16 Apr-05:47:22 Re: locality? (Tobi)
16 Apr-03:43:50 Re: locality? (Jordi Fabre)
16 Apr-03:36:35 Re: locality? (Tobi)
15 Apr-02:42:05 The mizunaka collection - fluorite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Apr-20:48:16 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Apr-07:32:21 Re: locality? (Peter Megaw)
14 Apr-07:30:00 Locality? (Bob Kerr)
13 Apr-17:53:56 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
13 Apr-10:22:57 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
13 Apr-08:47:36 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
12 Apr-23:33:07 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
12 Apr-16:13:00 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
12 Apr-15:37:19 The mizunaka collection - beryl (Am Mizunaka)
12 Apr-14:55:06 Re: collection of carles millan (Carles Millan)
12 Apr-14:46:24 Re: collection of carles millan (Dany Mabillard)
12 Apr-14:44:22 Re: don lum collection (Dany Mabillard)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Apr 18, 2024 21:09

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
FMF party in Tucson 2013, Feb 14!
  Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Index -> Mineral Shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2013 15:10    Post subject: FMF party in Tucson 2013, Feb 14!  

Hi FMFers,

As many people already know, last year we combined the party in Tucson for FMFers with the party for Meet the Mineral Museum Professionals, organized by Gail & Jim Spann, as you can see in Tucson Show 2012 and Gail Spann's Tucson Show Report, 2012. Let the fun begin... it was a quite successful party.

Talking about it with Gail and Jim we realized that it could become too much if we don't pay attention to the number of attendees. Due to the visibility of the Show last year it is quite possible that this year the number of attendees will increase too much for the capacity of Casa Vicente (where we want to repeat the party forever considering their kindness and great service), so we decided to do the party by invitation only instead of an "open party" as the FMF party was in the past. To do it, we will include the same people who were invited informally last year, and they will receive, by email, a nice invitation card made by Gail. When you get it please send to us (Gail AND Me) an email confirming your presence in the party and please print it and remember to bring it to Tucson. It is most imperative that we have you listed.

Although we made a list of the guests last year and I kept the list of FMFers invited the past year, we might make a mistake and forget someone, so please, if in the past you were invited and you want to repeat this year but you didn't receive your invitation before February 1, please send to us (Gail AND Me) an email and we will be happy to send to you an invitation. Sorry to make this more complicated but we believe is better to be more complicated than "too easy" in order to avoid having the current nice atmosphere of the party destroyed.

Well, after these serious words, let us start the fun and please note that Thursday February 14 (Valentine's day) is the date for the 2013 Museums & FMFers party ;-) As in the past year(s) the party is at Casa Vicente and as last year the opening time is 6 PM.till 9 PM See you there!

Jordi and the Spanns

Tucson Show 2012 - The party 1.jpg
 Description:
One image of the 2012' party
 Viewed:  29014 Time(s)

Tucson Show 2012 - The party 1.jpg

Tucson Show 2012 - The party 2.jpg
 Description:
And a second view
 Viewed:  29025 Time(s)

Tucson Show 2012 - The party 2.jpg

Reply to topic Reply with quote

Joan Kureczka

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2013 16:34    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Glad to hear -- and thanks to you both -- that this event will continue. I was certainly hoping it had not been ended.

Steve Stuart

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2013 19:43    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Sorry to hear that new attendees are not wanted!

John S. White
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2013 21:20    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Steve:

It is not at all that new attendees are not wanted, but there is a physical limit to the number of people that the restaurant can manage. The last party easily completely satuarated the capacity of the Casa Vicente, it would have been impossible to accommodate more partiers. I am sure that Jordi, Gail and Jim would love to have more attendees, but the success of the party has made it impossible to open the door to everyone.

crocoite

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2013 02:32    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Unfortunately I can't make it to Tucson this year. Hopefully next year I will get back there.

Regards
Steve

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2013 03:18    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Steve Stuart wrote:
Sorry to hear that new attendees are not wanted!

As usual, written texts could induce to confusion ;-)

Of course we don't say that we don't want new attendees, we love new attendees!. The problem is that as John said the space is limited (as well as our capacity to manage a too large party) so we should fix some limit, otherwise we could be overwhelmed. As several (or many ;-) of the past years attendees (like Steve-Crocoite) can't attend this year, it means that we will have empty seats for new attendees. We don't know yet the number of free seats we will have, so it doesn't make sense to request it in advance, but FMFers wanting to come to the party and without an invitation, please let me know personally in Tucson. As probably we will have some room I believe we can fix it (until the capacity of Casa Vicente is met)

Thank you everybody for understanding.

Tomasz Praszkier

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2013 03:42    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

People are incredible, someone makes great party for free for 100 people and someone is complaining - "why not for 1000 people?"....
Jordi and Gail, keep your great work and do not worry about comments. This is your party and your rules, we accept that and are very thankful that you make that effort.

Gail

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2013 15:45    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Thanks, and it does get expensive as we pay for all the food and drink, and invite quite a few people. It is like having a private party, but only we pay for the whole restaurant. Jordi has been very generous for many years, and we love that we have combined our gatherings. We still end up with a huge crowd, and it is great fun, but we cannot serve everyone...as much as it would be nice to.
There are many parties in Tucson, no reason for people not to meet up and have fun!
And, no offense, but Steve that's your very first post on FMF, and you are upset?

Peter

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2013 16:41    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Dear Gail Jim, Jordi and all attendees

Thanks for last years great party! We loved it!
Peter L

Steve Stuart

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2013 20:47    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Not upset at all! Happy with Jordi's response regarding the possibility of vacancies opening up. Wish that was in the original posting. Anyway, I get to Tucson on Saturday evening Feb 9th and leave on Sunday afternoon, Feb 17th. Have a share at Ray Hill's Mineral Maniacs Mansion. Planning a day trip to Tombstone to visit a distant Stuart cousin on Sunday, Feb 10th. Like Gail says, there should be plenty of opportunities to network and party, but last year's event sounded like fun. I'll reach out to Jordi when I get to Tucson.

Regards!

ian jones

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2013 08:01    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Glad to see that the party is continuing, it is one of the best opportunities in Tucson to catch up with a host of friends all at the same time. Thanks to Jordi and Gail and Jim for hosting it.

Just a thought, it is an opportunity to pick a charity of the year and let people donate towards it. We could at least feel we were giving something back for your efforts and generosity.

Tomasz Praszkier

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2013 08:18    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Ian, great idea. I will be happy to make donation and if needed to talk with other people.
Tomek

Gail

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2013 10:07    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

I want to thank you all for your generosity, but we would prefer not to have this at our gathering for many reasons. This is our time to show our appreciation for all of you, our appreciation for those that work at museums around the world. Jordi, Jim and I are very set on keeping things focused on wining and dining our friends.
You are so gracious to think of such a wonderful thing, perhaps another venue???

Tomasz Praszkier

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2013 11:25    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Gail,
in fact we (Spirifer) do parties on majority of the shows where we participate (different style than yours, who visited will know what I am talking about ;-)) and also huge party at the Crystal Days (last year we had there over 500 people!). So I really can appreciate your efforts in Tucson with so big party.
For me to put together party in US is impossible (beside of small party in our room) because of many reasons, but we invite all of you for Crystal Days in Lwowek Slaski and huge party there! We serve food, drinks and everything for whole night, there is live music, dances etc, etc.

BTW this year we will make during Crystal Days Mindat meeting and will be also great too see many FMF members - believe me you will have a fun!

Pete Modreski
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2013 16:40    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

Jordi, Gail, and Jim,

I just want to say that I have always been very appreciative of your parties in Tucson, and it has been an honor and a great pleasure to be at them. Just a big "Thank You" to all of you, and I will look forward to this year!
Sincerely, Pete

vic rzonca

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2013 21:34    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson 2013, Feb 14!  

The space may have been limited, but the goodwill was deep and the fellowship was wide and I would take this opportunity to thank our magnanimous hosts for promoting this event.
Thank you Jordi, Jim and Gail for your support and enthusiasm. It makes the show more than just a show, it becomes a happening.

IMG_3595.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  27077 Time(s)

IMG_3595.jpg

vic rzonca

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2013 21:39    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, Feb 14, Same fun, limited space!  

And thanks also to the family at Vincente's House. Bravo!

IMG_3484.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  27058 Time(s)

IMG_3484.jpg

Pete Modreski
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2013 22:06    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson 2013, Feb 14!  

Thank you for sharing those nice pictures, Vic! It was such a fine evening; thanks so much, once again, to Jordi, Gail, and Jim.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2013 22:11    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson 2013, Feb 14!  

vic rzonca wrote:
The space may have been limited, but the goodwill was deep and the fellowship was wide and I would take this opportunity to thank our magnanimous hosts for promoting this event.
Thank you Jordi, Jim and Gail for your support and enthusiasm. It makes the show more than just a show, it becomes a happening.

Through the fabulous pictures and reporting I enjoyed the party and I wasn't even there:-)

John Medici

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2013 16:03    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson 2013, Feb 14!  

Many thanks to Gail, Jim and Jordi! You help make Tucson stand out as a special happening each Feb. And Casa Vicente's paella is a treat and fete to behold! (another view from above)

2013 02 14 057.JPG
 Description:
Paella - Casa Vicente, Tucson 2/14/13
 Viewed:  26700 Time(s)

2013 02 14 057.JPG

Index -> Mineral Shows   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 2
  Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: