We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 10:34

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Presentation of new members - Reference Thread
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
  Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

vesperwind

PostPosted: May 10, 2013 06:47    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Vesperwind with mineralogical magazines  

Jordi Fabre wrote:
FMF is a not commercial web page but for mineralogical magazines we can do an exception, so please go ahead and publish your announce in the "Mineralogical Literature" section, but please just referred to mineralogical magazines, nothing else. Thank you.

Ok, I'll try to write a message there. Grazie
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tim Blackwood

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: May 22, 2013 12:13    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Tim Blackwood from Cohasset, Minnesota  

Hi everyone,

My name is Tim Blackwood and I'm from Cohasset, Minnesota (USA). I was born in 1972 and been collecting minerals for the past 25 to 30 years. I'm located about 35 miles from the Mesabi Iron Range, but have done little collecting there. There are scattered small iron mines closer, but most are off limits to collectors. My interests include thumbnail to miniature specimens from worldwide localities. I've been a follower of FMF for a while, but have only just become a member. I enjoy the discussions a lot and look forward to reading and learning even more.

Best wishes,
Tim
Cohasset, Minnesota, USA

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: May 22, 2013 12:56    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tim Blackwood from Cohasset, Minnesota  

Hi Tim, welcome to FMF

I have moved your post to this section where all presentations are grouped as you can see here

Enjoy the Forum! ;-)

Don Lum

PostPosted: May 22, 2013 14:09    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tim Blackwood from Cohasset, Minnesota  

Welcome to the Forum, Tim. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Regards,

Don

Tim Blackwood

PostPosted: May 22, 2013 14:29    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tim Blackwood from Cohasset, Minnesota  

Hi Jordi,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am certain that I'll enjoy the FMF Forum, both as a reader and contributor. I've enjoyed following message threads as a visitor for a while and thought it was finally time to join.

Best wishes,
Tim
Cohasset, Minnesota, USA

Tim Blackwood

PostPosted: May 22, 2013 14:33    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tim Blackwood from Cohasset, Minnesota  

Hi Don,

Thank you. I'll definitely be sharing photos of specimens from my collection. I'm only getting started as a mineral photographer. Sometimes the pictures turn out, somtimes not. But I keep trying. I've enjoyed seeing your photos, as well as those of other Forum members. There are many excellent specimens. : )

Best wishes,
Tim
Cohasset, Minnesota, USA

Pierre Joubert

PostPosted: May 23, 2013 05:03    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tim Blackwood from Cohasset, Minnesota  

Hi Tim. A warm Welcome!

'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: May 23, 2013 07:15    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tim Blackwood from Cohasset, Minnesota  

Hi Tim!
A warm warm welcome from Italy as well!
I saw some photos of yours, they are very nice!
Greetings by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Tim Blackwood

PostPosted: May 23, 2013 11:05    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tim Blackwood from Cohasset, Minnesota  

Pierre Joubert wrote:
Hi Tim. A warm Welcome!

Hi Pierre. Thank you! : )

Riccardo Modanesi wrote:
Hi Tim!
A warm warm welcome from Italy as well!
I saw some photos of yours, they are very nice!
Greetings by Riccardo.

Hi Riccardo. Thank you very much and greetings to you too. I'm glad you liked my photos. There aren't many yet, but I'll be adding more. : )

RocksInMySocks

PostPosted: May 23, 2013 17:01    Post subject: Presentation of new members - RocksInMySocks from Michigan  

Hello everyone,
I am a new member here and a somewhat newer collector. I collected fairly avidly as a young boy but haven't in many years. My main focus for my collection is currently on minerals but I would like to learn more about going out and harvesting my own samples rather than buying them. I am also a very avid coin collector and have been for many years. I am 25 years old and live in Michigan. I hope to be able to contribute as much as I take from this forum, thanks!

Tim Blackwood

PostPosted: May 23, 2013 17:39    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - RocksInMySocks from Michigan  

Hi RocksInMySocks,

Welcome and happy collecting. : )

Tim

Tim Blackwood

PostPosted: May 23, 2013 17:41    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tim Blackwood from Cohasset, Minnesota  

Hi Pierre and Riccardo,

My replies to your messages somehow came to be included in the same posting. Not sure how that happened. I'm still learning how to use the FMF features.

Best wishes,
Tim

Don Lum

PostPosted: May 23, 2013 20:25    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - RocksInMySocks from Michigan  

Welcome to The Forum, RocksInMySocks.

Don

Barry Vincent

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2013 08:07    Post subject: Presentation of new members - New member from 'Down Under'  

Hi everyone. My name is Barry Vincent and I've just joined up and have already contributed to several threads including an inquiry concerning Dana's Textbook of Mineralogy.
I'm an amateur Mineralogist and I"m also a member of the New South Wales Mineralogical Society. I often take part in field trips around the state with this group at times.
My other interests are musical performance and the teaching of music theory. (I play Recorder/Flute/ Oboe and Clarinet).
My mineralogical and petrographic collection is mainly of a 'study grade ' quality but do have a few higher grade specimens. Other than going out into the field collecting I also often purchase specimens from eBay as well as from gem and mineral shows that are organized throughout the state (NSW)

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2013 08:15    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - New member from 'Down Under'  

Welcome Barry!

Don Lum

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2013 10:10    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - New member from 'Down Under'  

Welcome to The Forum, Barry.

crocoite

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2013 14:49    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - New member from 'Down Under'  

Welcome Barry. Will you be at this weekend's seminar in Sydney? If yes, I will meet you there.

Steve
Mineral Collector and Artist

Barry Vincent

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2013 17:02    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - New member from 'Down Under'  

Hello Crocoite. No I will not be at the seminar in Sydney even though I only live 2 (3) hours train journey north between Newcastle and Maitland.

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2013 13:07    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - New member from 'Down Under'  

Hi Barry! A warm warm welcome from Italy too! Now we have one more member who might show us some Australian minerals! Great!!!
Greetings by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Bruce Stark

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 05:31    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Introduction of Bruce Stark from Dundas  

Greetings to my fellow friends of minerals.
My name is Bruce Stark, and am currently mining 2 crocoite leases in the Dundas mineral field of Tasmania.
I am mining at the Adelaide mine, and my own lease, the Platt mine. And to be clear, it's an exciting time around here right now. That's one of the reasons I have joined this forum.
My mineral interest started early. My Dad was a collector from his days of working at the Renison tin mine, just a rifle shot from my Platt lease. Some of the best times I had as a kid, was fossicking trips to the opal fields in NSW & QLD. I guess that is what led me to a working life of mineral exploration and mining in Tasmania for the last 24 years. That's a lot of walking and expert local knowledge folks!
So I guess I have a lot I can share. to those who are interested in the minerals that come from this odd anomaly on the western side of Mt. Dundas.
The other major point of me joining this forum, is to thank John Cornish for his tremendous story and pics of The River Find at the Adelaide mine. We've had John down here a couple of times now...sure was fun!
Cheers
Bruce

pw2.jpg
 Description:
Crocoite
The Adelaide Mine, Dundas, Tasmania
~8cms
Freshly extracted, yesterday
 Viewed:  22828 Time(s)

pw2.jpg

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 2 of 26
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next  

Jump to: