We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 14:04

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Presentation of new members - Reference Thread
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
  Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Martin Rich

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2014 16:03    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Mathieu Chevalier from Provence, France  

Hello Mathieu!

Welcome to the show and I hope, we can see some of your goodies here.

Martin

Mathieu Chevalier

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2014 07:43    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Mathieu Chevalier from Provence, France  

crosstimber wrote:
...However, I suggest you keep at it a little at a time, because, if you wait, it will become too daunting a task to undertake.

Michael

Hi,

I know it is a very good advice but it is difficult to find time. I do my best to clean and store in flats each discovery with correct labels and listing on my computer. Even the minerals I do not keep in collection are stored in flats for exchanges... I still have two or 3 discoveries that had not been unpacked and cleaned for 3 years, so some more work to do... For the pictures I take at least a picture of each batch for the inventory but there is a lot of work to do before having a correct photo of each specimen.

Mathieu
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Vitaliy

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2014 21:00    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Vitaliy M.  

I have been a long time lurker on these forums but have finally decided to register on these forums.

I have been collecting since the early 2000's and I acquire and self-collect specimens. My passion and interest for minerals began with trips to Europe and also by visiting various museums.

I have an interest in both the scientific aspect of minerals and on just the general nature of minerals themselves. I have relatives and friends who were Geologists , Mineralogists , Gemologists and they have helped me over the years to nurture and assist with my hobby. Some of my first self-collected specimens were Green microcalcite found in various vugs in limestone boulders in my younger years. I have returned to the hobby and my passion earlier this year after several years on hold.

I collect world-wide minerals and prefer to specialize in Silver/Platinum and also Gold Minerals. I also prefer minerals from Russia/China and Canada (more specifically Ontario/Quebec). If a specimen strikes my fancy I will always consider it.

I will be getting in photography of my collection soon and I hope to share my collection which has grown enormously with the community. I look forward to posting and contributing to the community and to also meeting new members that I have not already met.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2014 22:19    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Vitaliy M.  

Welcome to The Forum, Vitaliy.

Michael Shaw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2014 09:57    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Vitaliy M.  

Welcome Vitaliy. I look forward to seeing some of the minerals in your collection.

Michael

Vitaliy

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2014 15:56    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Vitaliy M.  

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I currently specialize or collect minerals that meet or follow this category/requirement:

Silver minerals
Ore minerals
Platinum minerals
Native elements
Russian/Chinese minerals and Worldwide minerals
Ore minerals

Initially I tried to proceed with a systematic collection but that is a daunting task and one that I likely will not achieve in my lifetime. As I am a more budget/affordable mineral collector I will self-collect and look for budget minerals. That's not to say that I haven't dreamed of owning some Kongsberg cabinet silver pieces.

I am a younger collector myself and with more limited financial means. Acquiring my collection has been a somewhat difficult and also lengthy process. I hope to expand within the decades to that of a fine or appreciable collection.

I am also in the process of learning mineral photography techniques and acquiring a better point and shoot camera (currently using an old tablet for photography).

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2014 09:01    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Vitaliy M.  

Hi Vitaliy!
I couldn't avoid to send you a warm warm welcome from Italy as well! And thank you for the photos! I hope you are planning to come to Italy sooner or later!
Greetings by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Martin Rich

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2014 16:19    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Vitaliy M.  

Hello and welcome to the family!

Martin

kokoqn4o

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2014 09:47    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Kaloyan from Bulgary  

Hi everybody!

I'm Kaloyan. I'm from Bulgaria and I'm fifteen years old. I've been collecting minerals for two years. I don't have a large mineral collection but I'm very proud of it. This forum is very interesting and educational. I'm not an English speaking person, so sometimes I will make mistakes. Please, correct me when I make mistakes. I hope that I will improve my knowledge about the Mineralogy and my English!

Kaloyan

Don Lum

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2014 11:13    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Kaloyan from Bulgary  

Hello Kaloyan,

Welcome to The Forum. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Don

Michael Shaw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2014 11:21    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Kaloyan from Bulgary  

Hi Kaloyan,

Welcome to the Forum. I think you will be able to learn a lot about minerals here, and also get a chance to practice your English, which is very good. I am also interested in minerals from Bulgaria, and a part of my collection consists of specimens from the Madan area. We hope to hear more from you and see some of your collection.

Michael

Vitaliy

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2014 17:53    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Kaloyan from Bulgary  

Welcome to the forum Kaloyan.

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Dec 15, 2014 07:12    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Kaloyan from Bulgary  

Hi Kaloyan!
A warm warm welcome from Italy by another non-English-mother-tongue member! I have some minerals from Bulgaria as well in my collection, and found some zeolites close to Burgas!
Greetings by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 15, 2014 14:14    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Kaloyan from Bulgary  

Hello Kaloyan,

Welcome to FMF. Hope you'll enjoy talking about rocks with us. Bulgaria is an interesting country regarding minerals.

Christophe

Tmcombs

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2015 16:11    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Tanah from Indiana  

Hello, my name is Tanah. I've been collecting rocks, fossils, Indian marbles, and anything else that caught my eye ever since my grandpa would drag me out deer hunting when I was younger in the backwoods of Kentucky. Now that I'm in my 20's, my search area has expanded as my career takes me all over Europe, the Middle East, India, and Africa. My favorite collecting locations are Germany, Spain, and Turkey. I would love to add Italy to that list, but I have yet to find a spot to hunt for minerals along the Eastern coast.

I have a surplus of fossilized horn corals, brachiopods, etc. that I'm always willing to trade for a good tumbling stone.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2015 17:10    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tanah from Indiana  

Welcome to The Forum, Tanah.

Mike Wood

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2015 18:53    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tanah from Indiana  

Hi Tanah and welcome to the forum! What kind of minerals do you look for when you are collecting?

Tmcombs

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2015 20:03    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tanah from Indiana  

Sparkly ones? Just kidding! Lately, I've been focused on fluorite and aragonite due to the amount of time I spend in those collection areas overseas. When I'm visiting family in North Carolina or Michigan, I usually search for agates.

Mike Wood wrote:
Hi Tanah and welcome to the forum! What kind of minerals do you look for when you are collecting?

Recent Mineral.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  22071 Time(s)

Recent Mineral.jpg

Mike Wood

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2015 08:14    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tanah from Indiana  

Hey, there's nothing wrong with sparkly minerals.. ;-)
By the way, did you collect that rather large looking sparkly specimen? I can't quite resolve the photo enough to see what it is - it kind of looks like a large geode in basalt lava but the brownish 'cubic' crystals, which look like fluorite, are throwing me off.

Psax

PostPosted: Mar 29, 2015 05:20    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Pavel from Prague  

Hi all,
I am about one month on the forum so here is my short introduction.
My name is Pavel, born in Prague, Czech Republic (Bohemia) in 80s', now temporarily living in Pribram.
I have interest in stones since my youth, but only recently systematically.
Petrology more than mineralogy.
Currently working in Czech television.

Pribram, uranium district, Czech republic

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 12 of 26
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next  

Jump to: