We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 16:38

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Presentation of new members - Reference Thread
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
  Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 06:26    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Introduction of Bruce Stark from Dundas  

Bruce Stark wrote:
Greetings to my fellow friends of minerals.
My name is Bruce Stark, and am currently mining 2 crocoite leases in the Dundas mineral field of Tasmania.
I am mining at the Adelaide mine, and my own lease, the Platt mine. And to be clear, it's an exciting time around here right now. That's one of the reasons I have joined this forum.
My mineral interest started early. My Dad was a collector from his days of working at the Renison tin mine, just a rifle shot from my Platt lease. Some of the best times I had as a kid, was fossicking trips to the opal fields in NSW & QLD. I guess that is what led me to a working life of mineral exploration and mining in Tasmania for the last 24 years. That's a lot of walking and expert local knowledge folks!
So I guess I have a lot I can share. to those who are interested in the minerals that come from this odd anomaly on the western side of Mt. Dundas.
The other major point of me joining this forum, is to thank John Cornish for his tremendous story and pics of The River Find at the Adelaide mine. We've had John down here a couple of times now...sure was fun!
Cheers
Bruce

Hi Bruce, welcome to FMF

I have moved your post to this section where all presentations are grouped as you can see here

Enjoy the Forum! ;-)
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Joan Martinez Bruguera

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 06:27    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Introduction of Bruce Stark from Dundas  

Welcome Bruce

I hope for your contributions with pleasure.

Best regards!

crocoite

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 06:47    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Introduction of Bruce Stark from Dundas  

Welcome Bruce. I look forward to catching up with you again in November.

Steve
Mineral Collector and Artist

vic rzonca

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 07:05    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Introduction of Bruce Stark from Dundas  

I agree, John's posts have been an incredible look at the work and reward of this deposit.
And as beautiful as the crocoite is, the story written in the fingers of the hand in the image speak volumes! I look forward to it's unfolding. Thanks, Vic

Don Lum

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2013 09:23    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Introduction of Bruce Stark from Dundas  

Welcome to The Forum, Bruce. Look forward to seeing your collection.

Don

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2013 04:08    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Introduction of Bruce Stark from Dundas  

Hi Bruce!
A warm warm welcome from Italy as well!
Greetings by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Tracy

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2013 21:28    Post subject: Re: Re: Presentation of new members - Introduction of Bruce Stark from Dundas  

Greetings from Canada!

- Tracy

John Franceschi

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2013 09:53    Post subject: Presentation of new members - John Franceschi from Brewster, New York  

Hi everyone...my name is John Franceschi and I live in Brewster, New York, USA ( close to the old Tilly Foster Iron mine)...I've been collecting from a young age and still have my first fossils collected in 1957...a grandfather worked the Italian marble outcrops and the other the coal fields of West Virginia and 'rock' was always a topic in the family...have been serious collecting since the early 80's after university (degree in Social Studies / minor in Geology) when Southern Illinois fluorites were 4$ a pound from the miners!!...have hunted minerals and meteorites in USA and my son (a newly minted bio-chemist) continues our quest with various gold claims in Nevada...hope to meet many new friends and have always found this community intelligent, sharing and wise...thank you...John and Jasper Franceschi

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2013 03:38    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - John Franceschi from Brewster, New York  

Hi John!
A warm welcome from Italy to you as well! Your surname indicates you have Italian blood in your veins, and (as we say in Italy) blood doesn't lie! Therefore...a welcome from your ancestor's home land!
Greetings by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

John Franceschi

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2013 08:02    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - John Franceschi from Brewster, New York  

Thank you for the warm welcome, Riccardo...Lucca, Tuscany is our ancestral home and my grandpa, Tancredi,as a young man worked at the Carrara mines...always great stories of the ' old country' at the dinner table, along with a few cups of wine....Giovanni

Pierre Joubert

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2013 10:44    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - John Franceschi from Brewster, New York  

Welcome John!!!

'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '

John Franceschi

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2013 16:25    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - John Franceschi from Brewster, New York  

Pierre...thank you for the kind welcome...John

Susan Robinson

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2013 19:34    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - John Franceschi from Brewster, New York  

Hi John,
As i recall, Brewster is not far from the famous Tilly Foster mine. I remember that Ron Januzzi had a rock shop near there and he had a fabulous collection of Tilly Foster minerals as well as arguably some of the finest Trumbull, CT, wolframite ps. scheelite crystals. Did you ever visit his shop?
Susan Robinson

Don Lum

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2013 19:57    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - John Franceschi from Brewster, New York  

Welcome to The Forum, John.

I look forward to seeing your collection.

Don

John Franceschi

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2013 10:02    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - John Franceschi from Brewster, New York  

Susan Robinson wrote:
Hi John,
As i recall, Brewster is not far from the famous Tilly Foster mine. I remember that Ron Januzzi had a rock shop near there and he had a fabulous collection of Tilly Foster minerals as well as arguably some of the finest Trumbull, CT, wolframite ps. scheelite crystals. Did you ever visit his shop?
Susan Robinson

Hello Susan....I actually live on the old Tilly Foster /Sears Cornor's road, today a
State Route.... Never met Mr Januzzi, as he was closing up shop in the early 70's when we moved into the area...however,his giant pink dinosaur that stood in front of his shop was still visible for many of those early years after his departure...so sorry I missed him...he still is somewhat a legend around here due to the pink dino and his re- mining of the Tilly Foster dumps when the interstate building in our area allowed him to access the old dumps....thanks John

John Franceschi

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2013 10:14    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - John Franceschi from Brewster, New York  

Don Lum wrote:
Welcome to The Forum, John.

I look forward to seeing your collection.

Don

Thank you, Don, am excited to be here ... Hope I can contribute meaningful information to our collecting fraternity .... Will try in the coming months to get some specimens loaded, as I'm changing to a better digital camera setup..... I have many Southern Illinois fluorites that I'm sure everyone will appreciate from the Denton and Anabelle Lee mines, along with years of worldwide collecting....thanks, John

Jacquou HO

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 04:23    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Tran from Vietnam, now in Paris  

Hello,

My name is Tran, I am from Vietnam, I studied and now live in Paris.

I have collected sea shells since I was a child, and for about three years that I have collected minerals.

There was a person showed me two tumbled stones (Turquoise and Lapis Lazuli) - his lucky stones. By this way that I discoverd mineral beauty....

Tran

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 07:10    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tran from Vietnam, now in Paris  

Hi Jacquou!
A warm warm welcome from Italy to you too!
You are from a very interesting and somewhat unknown country, therefore it's interesting to see minerals which are found in Vietnam! I know corundums from the primary deposits are very nice, but I don't know about other minerals in your country. I'm so curious to see your photos!
Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Jacquou HO

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2013 07:23    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tran from Vietnam, now in Paris  

Hi Riccardo,

The next time, I will take some vietnamese mineral photos. In Vietnam, we also have nice aquamarine, tourmaline (it is difficult to find the good quality tourmaline)...The bad stones are used for "painting".

Vietnamese people really like collecting "landscape" stones with bonsai...

I love italian minerals also, specially garnet from your country! Plus garnet is one of my favorite minerals.

Warm regards,

Tran

Vitomorim

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2013 19:12    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Vitor from Barcelos, Portugal  

Hi, my name is Vítor, 19 years old and I'm from Portugal. I'm studying physics engineering but I collect minerals as hobby. I collect minerals since i can remember, not always good stuff, but I got what I think is a nice collection (obviously not as good as many members in this forum, but what can i do...). I'm reading this forum for quite a while and i think it's fabulous, great collectors and great people. Hope you can bear me.

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 3 of 26
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next  

Jump to: