We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
20 Mar-14:06:43 Re: dry gill mine, caldbeck fells, cumbria, uk (Forrestblyth)
20 Mar-13:35:43 Re: dry gill mine, caldbeck fells, cumbria, uk (Michael Shaw)
20 Mar-13:14:26 Re: dry gill mine, calbeck fells, cumbria, uk (Forrestblyth)
20 Mar-11:23:43 Re: a mineralogical trip through the regions of the uk - england / cumbria (Forrestblyth)
20 Mar-10:49:38 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
20 Mar-10:18:33 Re: a mineralogical trip through the regions of the uk - england / cumbria (Forrestblyth)
20 Mar-09:40:04 Re: dry gill mine, caldbeck fells, cumbria, uk (Forrestblyth)
20 Mar-09:35:05 Re: dry gill mine, caldbeck fells, cumbria, uk (Forrestblyth)
20 Mar-09:31:01 Re: dry gill mine, caldbeck fells, cumbria, uk (Forrestblyth)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 27, 2024 00:19

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Presentation of new members - Reference Thread
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
  Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sante Celiberti

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2019 07:47    Post subject: Sante Celiberti from Gavorrano, Tuscany, Italy  

Hello.
My name is Sante Celiberti and I live in Gavorrano (Prov. of Grosseto, Tuscany, Italy).
I've been collecting minerals for over 50 years and I've been following this forum every day for at list 5 years. I must admit that I've learned more in the last 5 years than in the rest of my mineralogical experience.
I delayed registering because I was held back by two handicaps: the limited knowledge of the English language and the lack of familiarity with the computer. But, in the end, here I am.
It is an honor to became part of this great family and it will be a pleasure to share this passion and continue to learn.
Although "Etrusco" is a first name in Tuscany, I chose it as a nickname because of the many mines exploited by the ancient Etruscans. In fact, while collecting minerals from all over the world, my attention goes mainly to the minerals of Tuscany.
A sincere greeting to Jordi, to the administrators, and moderators and to all the members of the FMF (English and Spanish).
Reply to topic Reply with quote

SteveB

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2019 07:59    Post subject: Re: Sante Celiberti from Gavorrano, Tuscany, Italy  

Welcome, no one here is universally expert so everyone has things to contribute as well as learn from others. I find it very interesting to see new (to me) examples and people keen to genuinely learn. Beware the damage to your savings some posts can have !(recently for me a post about Pike's Peak Fluorites convinced me I had to have some of these beauties for my collection).

Sante Celiberti

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2019 08:27    Post subject: Re: Sante Celiberti from Gavorrano, Tuscany, Italy  

SteveB wrote:
Welcome, no one here is universally expert so everyone has things to contribute as well as learn from others. I find it very interesting to see new (to me) examples and people keen to genuinely learn. Beware the damage to your savings some posts can have !(recently for me a post about Pike's Peak Fluorites convinced me I had to have some of these beauties for my collection).

Thank you, Steve.
This is a risk we must face.
Although my collection is quite extensive (many thousands), my wish list is very long...

Michael Shaw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2019 10:40    Post subject: Re: Sante Celiberti from Gavorrano, Tuscany, Italy  

A warm welcome to the Forum Sante. Do not worry about your English - your introductory post was just fine. I hope you will consider showing us some of the minerals in your collection from Tuscany.

Michael

Philippe Durand

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2019 12:01    Post subject: Re: Sante Celiberti from Gavorrano, Tuscany, Italy  

Welcome on board.
I will be happy to discover your collection
Philippe

Don Lum

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2019 12:18    Post subject: Re: Sante Celiberti from Gavorrano, Tuscany, Italy  

A warm welcome to the Forum, Sante. We look forward to seeing some of your collection.

Don

Sante Celiberti

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2019 12:18    Post subject: Re: Sante Celiberti from Gavorrano, Tuscany, Italy  

Philippe Durand wrote:
Welcome on board.
I will be happy to discover your collection
Philippe

Thank you, Philippe,
As I've told Michael (but the message has not yet appeared...), I need some more practice to post photos. I hope that a week will be enough.
Compliments for your nice collection.
Regards.

Sante Celiberti

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2019 12:27    Post subject: Re: Sante Celiberti from Gavorrano, Tuscany, Italy  

Don Lum wrote:
A warm welcome to the Forum, Sante. We look forward to seeing some of your collection.

Don

Hello, Don. What a pleasure!
I like very much your wonderful collection, but I like your deep humanity more.
Best regards.

Sante Celiberti

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2019 12:39    Post subject: Re: Sante Celiberti from Gavorrano, Tuscany, Italy  

michael shaw wrote:
A warm welcome to the Forum Sante. Do not worry about your English - your introductory post was just fine. I hope you will consider showing us some of the minerals in your collection from Tuscany.

Michael

Thank you, Michael.
That's for sure what I wish to do, but I need a little more computer practice to learn how to post till 15 photos in the same message.
I recognize the importance of this precious instrument, but it has entered too late in my life. Ehy, what a beautiful collection you have. Congratulations. And... warm regards.

Dany Mabillard

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2019 13:15    Post subject: Re: Sante Celiberti from Gavorrano, Tuscany, Italy  

Welcome Sante to the forum.
As a beginner in the mineral collection I will learn a lot from your long experience. If you need some help with the computer, please feel free to ask.
Have a nice evening.
Dany.

Sante Celiberti

PostPosted: Oct 06, 2019 13:41    Post subject: Re: Sante Celiberti from Gavorrano, Tuscany, Italy  

Dany Mabillard wrote:
Welcome Sante to the forum.
As a beginner in the mineral collection I will learn a lot from your long experience. If you need some help with the computer, please feel free to ask.
Have a nice evening.
Dany.

Thank you, Dany, for your welcome and for the help offer.
I share the same desire to learn that you have shown us in these few months.
Une bonne soirée à toi aussi.

Conor Quinlan

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2020 17:29    Post subject: Presentation of New Member - Conor Quinlan (Tucson, AZ)  

Hello!

My name is Conor Quinlan, born & raised in (Tucson, AZ) & I have been collecting Fine Mineral Specimens, as well as visiting the Gem & Mineral Show in it's entirety, since I was just (8-yrs) old.

I defiantly attribute the early development of my passion for minerals to my fortunate locality, but even before my first show I already knew I was fascinated & thrilled by the idea of being a "treasure hunter" & someday finding something totally unique & beautiful in the earth!

Although I eventually decided to become an Agricultural Engineer (20-yrs) later, I continued pursuing my first passion & have spent a significant amount of my free time hunting & accumulating a fairly sizable collection of unique minerals that I hope to be able to share with people all over the world at the next Tucson Mineral Show in (2021)!

I am very excited to start making fine mineral collecting & hunting an even bigger part of my life & look forward to learning as well as connecting with other passionate collectors through this forum!

Tucson Mineral Show Fanatic Since (1999)

Don Lum

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2020 17:43    Post subject: Re: Presentation of New Member - Conor Quinlan (Tucson, AZ)  

Welcome to The Forum, Conor. I look forward to seeing your posts.

Don Lum

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2020 04:41    Post subject: Re: Presentation of New Member - Conor Quinlan (Tucson, AZ)  

Welcome Conor, I agree with Don, please show us some impressions from your collection!

Regards
Tobi

fstr n u

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2020 08:54    Post subject: Presentation of new members - From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada  

Like others here saying a quick hello. I am 42 years old and live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada and work in Health Care. Hobbies are all things automotive (racing, collecting), music, wine, and mineral specimen/gem stone collecting.

I've been collecting mineral specimens and gem stones for approximately 8 years now and am in the process of cutting acrylic plates to mount these specimens to.

When done i'll work on taking photographs and posting.

From the little bit i've searched on this forum, you and others have some pretty amazing collections. Looking forward to exploring this forum further and learning much.

Firmo Espinar

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2020 09:08    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada  

Wellcome to FMF.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2020 12:14    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada  

Welcome to The Forum.

Ricky hartzog

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2020 10:11    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Ricky Hartzog from the Appalachian Mountain  

Hello - my name is Ricky and I live in the Appalachian mountains south of the Mason Dixon line in Saltville, Virginia. I collect all kinds of rocks I've been fused on my whole life for rock in the washer and dryer. I don't know anything about geology, but I like crystals and I collect all kinds of rocks. I got quartz and chalcedony.

Firmo Espinar

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2020 10:43    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Ricky Hartzog from the Appalachian Mountain  

Hi Ricky.

Welcome to the world of minerals.

Thank you for your presentation.

Regards.

parr.ish

PostPosted: Apr 03, 2020 16:46    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Parrish Isaacs from Vermont  

Hello!
My name is Parrish Isaacs, I'm 22, and I live in southern Vermont.

I made an account on here years ago, but I was locked out of it and decided to make a new one.

My collecting interests include Tsumeb, New England minerals, German and other european classics, and some American classics. Apart from locality collecting, I also consider Wulfenite to be my favorite mineral. I am particularly fond of Wulfenite associated with other minerals, especially copper minerals.

I collect mainly thumbnail, miniature, and small cabinet sized specimens. I'm a novice field collector, but do try my best to explore localities around me and collect what I can. I am very fond of small shows around New England where pieces from old collections are constantly resurfacing. I am only really interested in collecting older pieces from rare localities. While I appreciate their beauty, it is just not as exciting for me to collect specimens from mines which are currently producing.

I am excited to learn on the forum and discuss minerals, as well as share some pieces from my collection.

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 21 of 26
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next  

Jump to: