We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Mar-08:12:52 Green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
18 Mar-06:47:13 Mineralogy & museums 10 - cardiff - 12th-13th august 2024 (Roy Starkey)
18 Mar-02:50:32 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
17 Mar-01:57:58 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
15 Mar-14:27:47 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
15 Mar-13:49:04 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
15 Mar-09:18:42 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
15 Mar-03:45:43 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-21:29:31 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Mar-14:47:27 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-13:56:01 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
14 Mar-11:24:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-08:55:22 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
14 Mar-08:44:47 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
14 Mar-07:24:12 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
14 Mar-02:30:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-02:20:37 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Tobi)
13 Mar-23:40:08 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
13 Mar-14:22:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
13 Mar-14:02:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
13 Mar-00:57:48 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
12 Mar-07:36:06 Re: can you recommend a lab to analyse specimens (Luiz Oliveira)
11 Mar-16:19:18 Re: collection of philippe durand (Riccardo Modanesi)
11 Mar-15:18:26 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
11 Mar-15:13:07 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 19, 2024 03:14

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Presentation of new members - Reference Thread
  Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
  Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2013 02:17    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Right from the start of the FMF we have encouraged and thanked the new members who, when they started to participate, wrote a short presentation. While it is not a requirement for membership, it has become considered polite for new members to do this as it links into the general feel of the forum and helps everyone get to know each new member. We really welcome those descriptions that give the name of the mineralnaut (even if it is a nickname, as writing to a members’ chosen short name can at time seem rather strange) and if people want to add interesting personal data such as age, mineral interests, etc that is great. We let each member chose what they want to say.

This is a minor item that, as I see things, helps improve our relationships, which othewrwise can be, especially on the web, rather cold.

I think it is then neat that we can go back to this sometime later and see who has joined and how they grown since then. Some ‘never again’, some very active, and some once in a while.
Reply to topic Reply with quote

wirefram

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2013 02:18    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Hello

I am new on the forum, my name is Pat, I live in Spain.

I found a lot of interesting topics here and beautiful photos.

I would like to go search (and find?) minerals this week in Tharsis (huelva, andalucia, spain), this will be my first time and i am looking for information about best places to go for a beginner. Is there somewhere a map of interesting places?

Hope someone knows this area and will have some info to share.

Thanks

Pat

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2013 02:32    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Wirefram, newcomer and beginner  

wirefram wrote:
Hello

I am new on the forum, my name is Pat...

And the first post from Pat is a good example of how this new thread will work, as a kind of "receptacle" for all presentations by new members (or old members that want to write a brief introduction of themselves...)

Please note that this thread is fixed so that it is always at the top of this section and is marked in bold and red in order to increase its visibility.

Gerhard Brandstetter

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2013 05:44    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Gerhard Brandstetter  

Hello all,
I'm Gerhard Brandstetter from Austria, new member also.

Born in 1960, collecting since 1974. Main focus on minerals from Austria and old Austro-Hungarian monarchy. But as a real mineral manic i nearly collect everything. For example i'm always interested in Spanish minerals - my mother grow up in Madrid. Love beautiful minerals worldwide as well as ugly systematic. Few museum sized samples, many cabinet size up to lots of micromounts.. Also cut gems. A wide field.....

Second interests beside minerals are photography, travel and history. In many cases it works as a good mix together....A great experience were my trips to Mindat-Conferences in Poland and Morocco. I never miss a Munich show and also have been in Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines and Tucson. And countless field trips - oh, love it! During my trips i met some nice members of this forum of course. So it is a pleasure to keep in contact with them.

As a mineral photographer I also would like to show you something from my trips and from my Collection. I hope this is OK for you

Nice greetings to all, Gerhard

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2013 01:44    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Gerhard Brandstetter  

Gerhard Brandstetter wrote:
...As a mineral photographer I also would like to show you something from my trips and from my Collection. I hope this is OK for you....

Welcome to FMF Gerhard, I'm sure you will be a great addition.

Please download all photos you can about your trips / minerals! ;-)

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2013 01:52    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Wirefram, newcomer and beginner  

wirefram wrote:
..I would like to go search (and find?) minerals this week in Tharsis (huelva, andalucia, spain), this will be my first time and i am looking for information about best places to go for a beginner. Is there somewhere a map of interesting places?...

I'm sure you already read this great post: A Scientific and mineralogical trip to the Iberian Pyrite Belt - (6) and as you already placed your request also in the Spanish side, I'm sure you will get infos from there.

wirefram

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2013 07:44    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Wirefram, newcomer and beginner  

Hi Jordi

Yes, I did check the post you mention and others in Spanish and English, in fact this is what motivated me to go to Tharsis.

But, I have receive no answer....

I am leaving tomorrow at dawn and hope my day will be productive...

Jordi Fabre wrote:
wirefram wrote:
..I would like to go search (and find?) minerals this week in Tharsis (huelva, andalucia, spain), this will be my first time and i am looking for information about best places to go for a beginner. Is there somewhere a map of interesting places?...

I'm sure you already read this great post: A Scientific and mineralogical trip to the Iberian Pyrite Belt - (6) and as you already placed your request also in the Spanish side, I'm sure you will get infos from there.

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2013 07:06    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Hi Gerhard and welcome to the forum!
For sure you remember about myself, we knew each other in Lwowek Slaski Poland in 2011! I hope we can see again, either in Austria or in Italy if you come, or (the best!) in the next symposium in Madagascar!
Greetings from italy by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Greg Lilly

PostPosted: May 07, 2013 23:18    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Greg: Hello from New Zealand  

Hello from New Zealand! I started cutting and polishing rocks as a kid, went on to become a manufacturing jeweller and FGA gemologist but crystals are my passion! I mainly collect quartz, calcite and fluorite plus anything else that appeals....
I have been a regular visitor to the FMF for several years, and always look forward to the show reports ( thank you Gail and everyone who contributes to these ). Thought it about time I contributed in some way.
I will set up a collection page including pieces from NZ which I hope will be of interest to some of you.
Greg

Don Lum

PostPosted: May 07, 2013 23:42    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Greg: Hello from New Zealand  

Welcome Greg.

Don

supertxango

PostPosted: May 08, 2013 01:10    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Greg: Hello from New Zealand  

Welcome from Spain Greg!

Juan H

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: May 08, 2013 01:28    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Greg: Hello from New Zealand  

Greg Lilly wrote:
Hello from New Zealand! I started cutting and polishing rocks as a kid, went on to become a manufacturing jeweller and FGA gemologist but crystals are my passion! I mainly collect quartz, calcite and fluorite plus anything else that appeals....
I have been a regular visitor to the FMF for several years, and always look forward to the show reports ( thank you Gail and everyone who contributes to these ). Thought it about time I contributed in some way.
I will set up a collection page including pieces from NZ which I hope will be of interest to some of you.
Greg

Welcome to FMF Greg. I just moved your post to this Reference Thread where all presentations will be grouped as I explained here

Cheers

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: May 08, 2013 04:10    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Greg: Hello from New Zealand  

Hi Greg!
I read you are a gemmologist, I am too! I studied in Idar-Oberstein, Germany. Minerals are also my passion and I know you are from NZ. It should be a very interesting country for minerals, as well as for shells and the very particular fauna!
Let's wait for any photo of your country and minerals you may find there!
Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 08, 2013 04:18    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Greg: Hello from New Zealand  

Hello from France Greg. I'm curious to discover which treasures lie in Middle Earth's undergrounds.

Hope you'll enjoy talking with us

Christophe

Pierre Joubert

PostPosted: May 08, 2013 05:18    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Greg: Hello from New Zealand  

Welcome Greg! I am also curious to know what can be found in NZ. I have searched for NZ minerals before and did not come up with much (particularly quartz). I am sure, with all those beautiful mountains about, there must be some amazing specimens hiding somewhere.

'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '

Mark Ost

PostPosted: May 08, 2013 07:14    Post subject: Re: Post subject: Presentation of new members - Greg: Hello from New Zealand  

Hi Greg.

Welcome to the group. Your picture reminds me of the tunnels we used to construct, at the age of ten, in the Georgia red clay. As I geologist, I now know they were death traps waiting to happen. But there is a special deity that watches out over pre-teen tunneling experts and mineral collectors in general! Look forward to hearing from you.

Greg Lilly

PostPosted: May 08, 2013 21:19    Post subject: Re: Post subject: Presentation of new members - Greg: Hello from New Zealand  

Mark Ost wrote:
Hi Greg.

Welcome to the group. Your picture reminds me of the tunnels we used to construct, at the age of ten, in the Georgia red clay. As I geologist, I now know they were death traps waiting to happen. But there is a special deity that watches out over pre-teen tunneling experts and mineral collectors in general! Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you everyone for your welcome messages. I will get onto some photos.
This tunnel was put through an area of an old mine that had collapsed so they could get in and do sampling. I was a lot younger then and my only thought was the crystals on the other side!!

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 09, 2013 05:14    Post subject: Re: Re: Post subject: Presentation of new members - Greg: Hello from New Zealand  

Hi Greg

Welcome from the UK - and just think back on the things we did when we were young, but might now think twice about!

James

vesperwind

PostPosted: May 10, 2013 05:50    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Vesperwind with mineralogical magazines  

Hi all! I'm from Rome and I would like to know if there is a place on this forum where I can put an announcement regarding old mineral magazines (Mineralogical Records, Gems & Gemology, Rivista Mineralogica Italiana, Lapis, etc.) that belonged to my father who was a great collector and I want to sell...

Thank you in advance

Federico

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: May 10, 2013 06:41    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Vesperwind with mineralogical magazines  

Ciao Federico

FMF is a not commercial web page but for mineralogical magazines we can do an exception, so please go ahead and publish your announce in the "Mineralogical Literature" section, but please just referred to mineralogical magazines, nothing else. Thank you.

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 26
  Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next  

Jump to: