We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 13:58

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Presentation of new members - Reference Thread
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
  Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2013 04:17    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Martin Rich from Austria  

Hi Martin!
A warm warm welcome from Italy as well! GrùB Gott und herzlich willkommen am Forum!!!
I like also Austrian minerals, more than once I have been in Schwaz in Tirol, in Habachtal and in Zillertal. Once I was in Hartberg, close to Burgenland, in order to visit the serpentine mines.
Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Martin Rich

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2013 18:31    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Martin Rich from Austria  

Thank you all for this very nice welcome!

Riccardo,
I will you show some specimens from this classical locations. Please have some patience. I'm a freelancer and the summertime is very hard to me. At the moment, my profession do not allow using much time for my obsession.

Best whishes to all
Martin

Williams Antonio

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2013 19:31    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Williams Antonio from Zacatecas, Mexico  

Hello to all my friends in this great forum, my name is Williams and I am mining city of Zacatecas, Mexico. I've been a follower of the forum in Spanish, but I would also like to present the pieces of my collection in this forum, most of the pieces I have collected myself in my work, hope you like them.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2013 19:49    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Williams Antonio from Zacatecas, Mexico  

I wish you a very warm welcome to The Forum, Williams.

Don

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2013 07:06    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Williams Antonio from Zacatecas, Mexico  

Hi Antonio!
A warm warm welcome from the other part of the Atlantic as well, i.e. from Italy!!!
I know Zacatecas is a very interesting land for minerals and gemstones. Your photos are always welcome!!!

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Geno

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2013 17:49    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Eugenio (Geno) in San Francisco  

Hola Jordi,

I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Eugenio (Geno) and am a native of Puerto Rico (one grandmother from Barcelona). I live in San Francisco, California, and I just joined the SF Gem and Mineral Society. I am biologist by training and work in the global health field.
I have been collecting rock and fossils since I was a child but have neglected my collection for years. I am hoping to re-catalog all my specimens so expect many request to help me identify them! I will adhere to your high standards for ID requests.
Many thanks for this terrific forum.

Saludos,

Geno

Martin Rich

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2013 21:07    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Eugenio (Geno) in San Francisco  

Williams & Geno,
welcome to this great forum and we are looking forward to see some of your specimens!

Martin

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2013 04:34    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Eugenio (Geno) in San Francisco  

Hi Geno! A warm warm welcome from Italy as well! Puerto Rico is fully unknown to me, especially from a mineralogical point of view, but it should also be very interesting!
Greetings by Riccardo.

Joan Kureczka

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2013 09:59    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Eugenio (Geno) in San Francisco  

Hello Geno -- Jesse Fisher and I are in San Francisco as well. Welcome to the Forum.

Joan Kureczka

Leon Hupperichs

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2013 17:13    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Leon Hupperichs from Netherlands  

Hello Everyone,

My name is Leon Hupperichs, i am 46 years old and live in a small town in the most southern part of the Netherlands.
I am a new member here but as a active mindat-member many will know my photo's already.
I started collecting minerals in 1991 and my main collecting focus is on German classics and British fluorites.
Hope i can bring some nice new pictures in the FMF.

Regards,
Leon.

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Oct 24, 2013 03:26    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Leon Hupperichs from Netherlands  

Hi Leon!
A warm warm welcome from Italy as well! Recently I was in the Netherlands, participating to a gemmological symposium in Leiden! Then I cycled throughout your country more than once! From what you wrote you live close to Maastricht, don't you? I know well that part too, including the "Drielandepunkt" between Wolfhaag, Aachen and Kelmis!

Leon Hupperichs

PostPosted: Oct 24, 2013 07:51    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Leon Hupperichs from Netherlands  

Hi Riccardo,
Yes my home town is close to Maastricht but even closer to Aachen (Germany) and the Drielandenpunt, just a 10 minute drive.
A very nice region for cycling.

Regards,
Leon.

jimsfault

PostPosted: Dec 02, 2013 20:26    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Danny from Los Angeles  

Hello everyone.
My name is Danny and I'm in Los Angeles, CA (as my signature will tell you).
I am desperately in love with photographing inclusions through the scope. I am a "gemologist" and work in the estate side of the business. I'm sorry I didn't find this site sooner but here I am and I'm glad to be here.

I do collect minerals but my collection is small. Mostly, my collection consists of cut stones that no one else wants because they're too included!

Cheers!
ps - I also frequent gemologyonline with the same handle.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2013 00:34    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Danny from Los Angeles  

Welcome to The Forum, Danny.

Don

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2013 09:10    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Danny from Los Angeles  

Hi Danny! A warm warm welcome from Italy as well! I'm in Gemology On Line and usually participate to discussions. So it's interesting to exchange some words about our discipline!

chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2013 12:14    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Danny from Los Angeles  

Hi Danny,

Have fun sharing with us.

Christophe

Mark Randle

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2013 22:49    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Mark Randle  

Hello to all. I am Mark Randle, presently residing in Alexander County, NC. Having perused the forum I see that I already know several folks here from collecting adventures or from shows. I have been intrigued with minerals since a child and have only become more so over the years. Decided to "get serious" about it around the turn of the century, having mostly collected on my own until then. Prospecting and field collecting are my passions with most of it done in the SE US because of proximity (plus we have some great minerals!). Presently working hard in the Hiddenite area chasing the elusive chromium chromophored beryl, i.e. emerald, and its friends.

Cheers!

Don Lum

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2013 22:56    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Mark Randle  

Welcome to The Forum, Mark. I think that you are fortunate to live in such a mineral-rich part of America.

Don

cypher04

PostPosted: Dec 17, 2013 23:55    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Patrick from Tulsa, Oklahoma  

Hi guys, I'm Patrick, from Tulsa OK. I'm a student at Tulsa Community College, studying for a degree in geology. Not sure where i'm going to transfer to but i'm not liking the local options so far...Oklahoma State University and University of Tulsa both have great programs, but one is an hour drive away, and the other.....well I would have to sell my first born....and maybe my second.

Things there in Tulsa are not great for rock hunting but there are a few areas of interest in Oklahoma. There are enough fossils here to drive a guy nuts, my 4 year old son even gets fed up with finding them some times. Last time I had him out with me he picked up a rock, and said "is this one? I said it was, he groaned, very dramatically and tossed it aside.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Dec 18, 2013 00:14    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Patrick from Tulsa, Oklahoma  

Welcome, Patrick, from Tulsa.

Don

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 5 of 26
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next  

Jump to: