Posted: May 30, 2013 19:20 Post subject: 3D/360º minerals...
Although this project mentioned above, I will explain it in English (previously only see in Spanish) if it is of interest to you. The effort to explain it brings me so much if I see that there is interest continue or not with it.
To understand the first project I would like to see an example attached to this post.
Always wanted to present my 3D moving objects or quality but the problem is that formats like GIF animations are very poor (only 256 colors for all frames). Using Virtual Reality was very complicated and the results were not good, use a high-resolution video but was very heavy in megabytes. Other stereoscopic techniques I did not like.
The only solution was to go back to the beginning of the film, a recording of frames to form a movement. Also needed to control the speed and even stop the animation and see a frame in detail. I also needed that had millions of colors and a large size.
The final solution was to make an Adobe Flash file, but as dynamic objects, the number of images, etc.., Was different for each case.
After a month I could finish my project tiring, which I present below and hope you like it, or at least may understand my effort.
The project consists of three parts:
1. - Photographing manually moving object using a goniometer automated paper or by a stepper motor. Later I will explain how build a complete system.
2. - Should be an automated system, you can download software that I have developed to move the object in grades you want while taking pictures.
3. - Program from the photos generate the SWF adobe player file that can be included in a forum, a Web page, on the PC, etc.
A SWF file to be understood is the same to presented in the banners, menus and even websites.
Here can see one video of final version of 3D/360º for Nikon cameras program in Spanish version. In few days will have available in English and German language.
- Total control of camera (now available in Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras).
- Total control of motor and rotation.
- Can simulate the final 3D animation without take pictures.
- Can center the mineral, gem or any object.
- Can specify; number of pictures, speed, fro movement, size (small, medium, big), orientation (vertical, horizontal), quality, background color.
- Can use filters like; zoom, center, contrast, brightness and color balance.
- Can adjust parameters and create 3D animation without take pictures again.
I hope like you.
Calcite Mina la Manolita. La Unión. Murcia. Spain. A simple example
Posted: Jun 14, 2013 00:20 Post subject: Re: 3D/360º minerals...
Hi to all,
In the last weeks really i'm very busy to end the development of the new software and to prepare the presentation and course of yesterday in the Spanish Gemology Institute ( https://www.ige.org/ )
The software interface are available in English, German, Russian and Spanish.
The presentation was very entertaining with 3D demonstrations were several gems, minerals and a jade figure.
A brief introduction of five minutes and the rest was all practical. We saw the potential for a stereoscopy expert with a simple change in software could also export a 3D stereoscopic model to give it our if anything even more sense of depth of field.
Also present 3D swivel base with a resolution of 600 steps per revolution and a maximum load of 15 Kg. wherein the rotary base can be exchanged for one to fit the needs. In this case I used was 12 cm but may well have been of 20 cm, for example.
The inertia of this professional base is almost 0 so that the system stabilization time is only 50ms compared to 1500 which states that I've built on my own so that the processing time is greatly reduced shooting making a 3D model in a moment. Furthermore, the fact that the software allows modify many parameters to generate as many models as you want without having to photograph again makes us change parameters them, change the format, size, or apply filters to be generated in a few seconds a new model.
For now I have only two photos of the event.
Now I'm working to join both worlds 3D and Macro. You're going to be thrilled by the result, you will love it!!
Best regards, Oscar.
We can see the new base and electrical box. Sorry for the wires but not well placed to take the picture.
After completing the course you could see up close the new base
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum