We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-18:25:15 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 19:47

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Russell Society Monthly Virtual Talk by James Catmur – A guide to Spanish e-mineralogy

Index -> Minerals and Mineralogy

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Roy Starkey

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2022 04:45    Post subject: Russell Society Monthly Virtual Talk by James Catmur – A guide to Spanish e-mineralogy  

Hi Everyone

You may be interested to know that our very own James Catmur will be the guest speaker for the Russell Society
http://www.russellsoc.org

monthly Zoom talk this coming Wednesday (16 February) at 20:00 GMT. Doors will open at 19:45 and the talk starts at 20:00. James used to live and very actively collect in Spain and is an active member of some of the Spanish internet communities. This talk will highlight the on-line resources available to those who wish to learn more about Spanish specimens and localities.

Naturally priority will be given to members of the Society but I am making a maximum of 40 places available to FMFers.

If you would like to join us for the evening please email me directly on roy(dot)starkey(at)gmail(dot)com

I will allocate the available places on a first come first served basis. Please note that you need to log in with your full name so that I can recognise you and admit you to the meeting, otherwise you may be left in the waiting room.

Thanks and best wishes

Roy

James Catmur intro pic.JPG
 Description:
 Viewed:  3882 Time(s)

James Catmur intro pic.JPG

Reply to topic Reply with quote

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2022 04:58    Post subject: Re: Russell Society Monthly Virtual Talk by James Catmur – A guide to Spanish e-mineralogy  

A real honour and worry

What have I not included?

Will mixing Zoom, PowerPoint, YouTube, and a browser live work?

Who will attend (especially from Spain)?

If you want me to explore a locality or mineral ‘live’ let me know on the comments so I can get the right links set up. So far I have included some of my favourites and some very famous localities. I can add more and keep going until Roy tells me to stop!

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2022 12:53    Post subject: Re: Russell Society Monthly Virtual Talk by James Catmur – A guide to Spanish e-mineralogy  

Nobody miss it! there are only 40 places available and James is not going to disappoint anyone. He is a pioneer in online mineralogical proposals and his presence in Spain for several years left no one indifferent. At the Mineralogic Group of Madrid he left his mark on his legendary ability to find minerals where no one else saw them and there are several Spanish specimens from his personal collection that could blow our minds! 😉

It is a unique opportunity to get to know the personality behind some of the online mineralogical resources that we use today. Sometimes we relate to these resources as they always would have existed, and it is not like that, there had to be people who pushed them and collaborated in their beginnings so that they grew and became major (this Forum, for example)

Everyone enroll the James' talk on Wednesday 16th!

PS: BTW, if someone wants to become a member of the Russell Society, I don't know of anything similar where you receive so much for such a tiny cost (US$35 per year) It may seem like something distant or unnecessary but the minerals do not understand about countries 😉

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2022 16:37    Post subject: Re: Russell Society Monthly Virtual Talk by James Catmur – A guide to Spanish e-mineralogy  

I am already being asked to repeat it, in Spanish!

Jordi Fabre wrote:
Nobody miss it! there are only 40 places available and James is not going to disappoint anyone. He is a pioneer in online mineralogical proposals and his presence in Spain for several years left no one indifferent. At the Mineralogic Group of Madrid he left his mark on his legendary ability to find minerals where no one else saw them and there are several Spanish specimens from his personal collection that could blow our minds! 😉

It is a unique opportunity to get to know the personality behind some of the online mineralogical resources that we use today. Sometimes we relate to these resources as they always would have existed, and it is not like that, there had to be people who pushed them and collaborated in their beginnings so that they grew and became major (this Forum, for example)

Everyone enroll the James' talk on Wednesday 16th!

PS: BTW, if someone wants to become a member of the Russell Society, I don't know of anything similar where you receive so much for such a tiny cost (US$35 per year) It may seem like something distant or unnecessary but the minerals do not understand about countries 😉

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2022 14:32    Post subject: Re: Russell Society Monthly Virtual Talk by James Catmur – A guide to Spanish e-mineralogy  

Joseph DOliveira wrote:

I assume that this is 15:00 Eastern time on the 16th?

Roy Starkey wrote:
Hi Everyone

You may be interested to know that our very own James Catmur will be the guest speaker for the Russell Society
http://www.russellsoc.org

monthly Zoom talk this coming Wednesday (16 February) at 20:00 GMT. Doors will open at 19:45 and the talk starts at 20:00. James used to live and very actively collect in Spain and is an active member of some of the Spanish internet communities. This talk will highlight the on-line resources available to those who wish to learn more about Spanish specimens and localities.

Naturally priority will be given to members of the Society but I am making a maximum of 40 places available to FMFers.

If you would like to join us for the evening please email me directly on roy(dot)starkey(at)gmail(dot)com

I will allocate the available places on a first come first served basis. Please note that you need to log in with your full name so that I can recognise you and admit you to the meeting, otherwise you may be left in the waiting room.

Thanks and best wishes

Roy

Index -> Minerals and Mineralogy   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: