We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences


Spanish message board






Newest topics and users posts
23 Jul-09:37:34 Re: help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (James Catmur)
23 Jul-09:03:02 Re: unknown mineral from pikes peak pegmatite (Bob Morgan)
23 Jul-07:27:50 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Susan Robinson)
23 Jul-02:23:46 Re: mineral talks live - episode 41 - alan hart - ceo; gem-a, london, england, united king (Tobi)
23 Jul-02:20:06 Re: hillman hall of minerals and gems (Tobi)
23 Jul-02:15:45 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Tobi)
23 Jul-02:03:58 Re: help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (Tobi)
22 Jul-22:56:37 Re: help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (Steveb)
22 Jul-22:46:39 Re: help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (Gentrydodd)
22 Jul-22:44:53 Re: help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (Volkmar Stingl)
22 Jul-22:41:14 Help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (Gentrydodd)
22 Jul-22:05:14 Re: help identify this rock (Alexsolis)
22 Jul-22:00:01 Re: help identify this rock (Matt_zukowski)
22 Jul-20:07:46 Help identify this rock (Alexsolis)
22 Jul-16:58:25 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Linus)
22 Jul-15:30:24 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Linus)
22 Jul-15:20:13 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Linus)
22 Jul-12:43:41 Re: hillman hall of minerals and gems (Riccardo Modanesi)
22 Jul-09:56:35 Re: unknown mineral from pikes peak pegmatite (Bob Carnein)
22 Jul-03:47:30 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Tobi)
21 Jul-20:37:55 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Linus)
21 Jul-20:28:03 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Pete Richards)
21 Jul-19:55:03 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Bob Carnein)
21 Jul-19:24:28 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Linus)
21 Jul-19:21:25 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Linus)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here


RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

Like
83839


The time now is Jul 23, 2021 15:08

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
The Mizunaka Collection
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90
  Index -> Collection photos and Collector's page
Like
6830


View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

am mizunaka




Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 1548
Location: California


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2021 02:35    Post subject: The Mizunaka Collection - Quartz  




QtzIncFluorite.jpg
 Mineral: Quartz, Fluorite
 Locality:
Amborompotsy, Ambatofinandrahana District, Amoron'i Mania Region, Fianarantsoa Province, Madagascar
 Dimensions: 13.0 x 6.4 cm
 Description:
Quartz cluster with inclusions of fluorite.
 Viewed:  957 Time(s)

QtzIncFluorite.jpg


Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
10
   

Tobi




Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Good Old Germany


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2021 03:18    Post subject: Re: The Mizunaka Collection - Quartz  

am mizunaka wrote:
Quartz, Fluorite
Amborompotsy, Ambatofinandrahana District, Amoron'i Mania Region, Fianarantsoa Province, Madagascar
13.0 x 6.4 cm
What an incredible piece, wow!!!
am mizunaka wrote:
Volkmar Stingl wrote:
Really an outstanding faden quartz! Never seen before in this size!
Thanks Volkmar! This one was purchased quite some time ago and back then it wasn't too hard to find large pieces.
Indeed hard to find in such a size nowadays. Last year I had the chance to get one (~ 18 cm) with larger crystals for a really good price but I thought too long about it and - surprise, surprise - it was sold very quick :-(

I'm glad you had luck purchasing such a great one, Mike!

Best regards
Tobi
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

am mizunaka




Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 1548
Location: California


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2021 16:11    Post subject: Re: The Mizunaka Collection - Quartz  

Tobi wrote:
am mizunaka wrote:
Quartz, Fluorite
Amborompotsy, Ambatofinandrahana District, Amoron'i Mania Region, Fianarantsoa Province, Madagascar
13.0 x 6.4 cm
What an incredible piece, wow!!!
am mizunaka wrote:
Volkmar Stingl wrote:
Really an outstanding faden quartz! Never seen before in this size!
Thanks Volkmar! This one was purchased quite some time ago and back then it wasn't too hard to find large pieces.
Indeed hard to find in such a size nowadays. Last year I had the chance to get one (~ 18 cm) with larger crystals for a really good price but I thought too long about it and - surprise, surprise - it was sold very quick :-(

I'm glad you had luck purchasing such a great one, Mike!

Best regards
Tobi


Thanks Tobi! So sorry to hear you missed out on a nice large specimen. I too have missed out on pieces that I have pondered too long on ....
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Tobi




Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Good Old Germany


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2021 02:58    Post subject: Re: The Mizunaka Collection - Quartz  

am mizunaka wrote:
Thanks Tobi! So sorry to hear you missed out on a nice large specimen. I too have missed out on pieces that I have pondered too long on ....
I guess we all experienced that, but the money you "save" by missing one specimen allows you to get another one ;-) And looking at your awesome collection, you should not worry too much about pieces you missed :-)

Best regards
Tobi
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
1
   

Eck Noch




Joined: 09 Jan 2021
Posts: 13
Location: California

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2021 09:54    Post subject: Re: The Mizunaka Collection - Quartz  

am mizunaka wrote:


What a special piece! I have recently become aware of and in love with Quartz growing at angles like this, this piece appears to be growing epitaxially. Is this just a fluke or do you think there was a catalyst for this?
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

am mizunaka




Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 1548
Location: California


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2021 02:55    Post subject: Re: The Mizunaka Collection - Quartz  

Eck Noch wrote:
am mizunaka wrote:


What a special piece! I have recently become aware of and in love with Quartz growing at angles like this, this piece appears to be growing epitaxially. Is this just a fluke or do you think there was a catalyst for this?


I really don’t know. I have seen others that exhibit this type of growth/appearance.
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Bob Morgan




Joined: 18 Jan 2018
Posts: 142
Location: Savannah, Georgia


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2021 08:11    Post subject: Re: The Mizunaka Collection  

Several years ago I bought one of these for the fluorite inclusions (interesting fluorite habit) and later recognized it also was a Japan Law twin. Perhaps the smaller crystal has that orientation too.
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

am mizunaka




Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 1548
Location: California


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2021 12:11    Post subject: Re: The Mizunaka Collection  

Bob Morgan wrote:
Several years ago I bought one of these for the fluorite inclusions (interesting fluorite habit) and later recognized it also was a Japan Law twin. Perhaps the smaller crystal has that orientation too.


Thanks Bob. I will have to check when I get back home.
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

am mizunaka




Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 1548
Location: California


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2021 15:35    Post subject: Re: The Mizunaka Collection  

am mizunaka wrote:
Bob Morgan wrote:
Several years ago I bought one of these for the fluorite inclusions (interesting fluorite habit) and later recognized it also was a Japan Law twin. Perhaps the smaller crystal has that orientation too.


Thanks Bob. I will have to check when I get back home.


It might be a Japan Law Twin. Hard to measure the angle.
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

am mizunaka




Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 1548
Location: California


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2021 15:39    Post subject: The Mizunaka Collection - Elbaite  




ElbColMur.jpg
 Mineral: Elbaite
 Locality:
Ouro Fino, Minas Gerais, Brazil
 Description:
Ouro Fino, Coronel Murta, Minas Gerais, Brazil
10.1 x 6.8 cm
 Viewed:  292 Time(s)

ElbColMur.jpg


Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
11
   

Firmo Espinar




Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 574
Location: Medellín, Colombia.


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2021 18:03    Post subject: Re: The Mizunaka Collection  

Hi Mike.

Fantastic.

I think it may be the comandant from Coronel Murta.

Really amazing.
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
1
   

Tobi




Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Good Old Germany


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2021 05:45    Post subject: Re: The Mizunaka Collection  

I agree - amazing tourmaline!
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
1
   

am mizunaka




Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 1548
Location: California


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2021 10:17    Post subject: Re: The Mizunaka Collection  

Firmo Espinar wrote:
Hi Mike.

Fantastic.

I think it may be the comandant from Coronel Murta.

Really amazing.



Tobi wrote:
I agree - amazing tourmaline!


Thanks Firmo and Tobi!
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   
Display posts from previous:   
   Index -> Collection photos and Collector's page   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 90 of 90
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90  

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


All pictures, text, design © Forum FMF 2006-2021


Powered by FMF