We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 13:36

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Collection of Fiebre Verde
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
  Index -> Collection photos and Collector's page

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tobi
Site Admin

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Dec 31, 2014 08:45    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

Fiebre Verde wrote:
Nice to know that beryls have a fan club in this forum Tobi! Thanks for cheering up. I fell in the emerald trap a while ago and for sometime I thought I could get cured. So I tried aquamarine for a short while but aqua blue didn't work well for my eyes.
During a trip to Tanzania, I thought I could maybe fool my green addicted eyesight with the local variety of grossular. Those didn't help much either. So here I am, (happily) left with emeralds and still a lot to come in the future. Gérard

Hi Gérard, I think most collectors of aesthetic minerals love beryls. It is a very precious and beautiful and thus always expensive mineral (not matter if aquamarine, morganite, heliodor, goshenite, red beryl or emerald), so that I can't collect as much of them as I collect fluorite or galena or quartz. If money wouldn't matter I would have a particular display only for specimens from the beryl group ;-) But there are only a few beryl specimens in my collection and they are all among my most beloved specimens. I agree that emerald is the most thrilling beryl, but aquamarine is also one of the most beautiful minerals for me. And there are several other beryls on my wish list, e.g. red beryl from Utah or a nice morganite from Brazil, California or Pakistan ...

... But that doesn't mean that I'm fed up with your green beauties :-)

Tobi
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Dec 31, 2014 09:39    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

Tobi wrote:
Fiebre Verde wrote:
Nice to know that beryls have a fan club in this forum Tobi! Thanks for cheering up. I fell in the emerald trap a while ago and for sometime I thought I could get cured. So I tried aquamarine for a short while but aqua blue didn't work well for my eyes.
During a trip to Tanzania, I thought I could maybe fool my green addicted eyesight with the local variety of grossular. Those didn't help much either. So here I am, (happily) left with emeralds and still a lot to come in the future. Gérard

Hi Gérard, I think most collectors of aesthetic minerals love beryls. It is a very precious and beautiful and thus always expensive mineral (not matter if aquamarine, morganite, heliodor, goshenite, red beryl or emerald), so that I can't collect as much of them as I collect fluorite or galena or quartz. If money wouldn't matter I would have a particular display only for specimens from the beryl group ;-) But there are only a few beryl specimens in my collection and they are all among my most beloved specimens. I agree that emerald is the most thrilling beryl, but aquamarine is also one of the most beautiful minerals for me. And there are several other beryls on my wish list, e.g. red beryl from Utah or a nice morganite from Brazil, California or Pakistan ...

... But that doesn't mean that I'm fed up with your green beauties :-)

Tobi

Hi Tobi,

For sure we share a common attraction for hexagonal crystals!

Outside their intrinsic quality, what makes the Colombian beryls particularly desirable to me is the association with other crystals and the variety of host rocks they grew up over. I seldom collect floaters, no matter the quality of the crystal (with the exception of clusters and intergrown crystals).

Am also fascinated by the diversity of crystallization patterns which are frequently seen on Colombian beryls. They can be found on any part of the crystal. They are more often seen on the terminations but they can also occur on the prism faces.

As part of my New Year's resolution, I solemnly promise to stick (mainly) to beryls over the coming months :-)

Gérard

Vitaliy

PostPosted: Dec 31, 2014 16:21    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

Interesting emphasis on Colombian Beryl. Do you focus on Colombian emeralds strictly or do you have other specimens that you can share ?

Colombian emeralds also share some controversy especially with them being in-matrix. It is normally very difficult to detect whether they have been manipulated into the matrix or whether they came out this way. This problem is not so much encountered with other famous emerald localities such as from China or the Urals Region in Russia.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Dec 31, 2014 20:53    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

Beautiful specimens and great photography.

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2015 04:27    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

Fiebre Verde wrote:
Hi Tobi, for sure we share a common attraction for hexagonal crystals!
We do! Several hexagonal minerals are among my favourites besides beryl (fluorapatite, pyromorphite, vanadinite).

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2015 14:02    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde - New Year specimen  

Vitaliy,

On second thought I should have maybe re-opened the Green Beryl vs. Emerald debate… An easy one compared to the issue you are raising :-)

My main focus is Colombia although I have a handful of non-Colombian beryl specimens (Afghanistan, Austria, Brazil and Zambia). I will be sharing some of those too. As per my collection, Colombia is where everything started. I was posted in Venezuela for a couple of years in the late 90’s and I could easily commute between the 2 countries. At that time I had heard about the uniqueness of Colombian emeralds and wanted to find out on the spot what they really looked like.

The lucrative La Pita mine had just started to be in full operation and the matrix specimens were literally flooding the local market. Prices were relatively reasonable and there was no room for the fake specimens market to grow.

The situation turned over in the early 2000’s where the production started to slowly decline. Over the past decade annual production has slumped to 2.6 million carats from 9 million carats and the prices have skyrocketed for both cut and in-matrix emeralds.
Needless to say that all this gave a boost to the fake specimen industry which is now flourishing, not only in Bogota, but also in the mining areas (I guess because buyers have the perception that everything is necessarily natural as you get closer to the mine entrance which of course is a misconception).

All this to say that the controversy you are mentioning is very topical. The fake specimen industry is able to survive thanks to a handful of extremely skilled “craftsmen”. By the way, the dealers in Bogota use a slightly different expression to name them but I won’t disclose it (Not appropriate in this forum…).

So yes, you are right, it is extremely difficult even for a trained eye to identify the glued-specimens from the natural ones. Whenever I visit my favorite dealer in town, I ask him to show me the latest fake specimens on the market. He caters to a Canadian client who is only interested in… fakes! Nice, well balanced and colorful crystals are not just clumsily glued in a hole which has been dug into the matrix but the contact area is artistically designed from scratch using natural crystals. A lot of time is spent on the finishing touches to give the specimen a natural look, even under close visual inspection. All this to say the only way to minimize the chances of getting fakes is to be cautious (too nice to be true) and stick to reputable channels and reliable people. Despite the risks of being fooled, I mainly stick to the Colombian emeralds not only because they are beautiful but because they also offer the widest variety of crystal associations and host rocks.

Happy New Year to all the forum members and the FMF staff!

PS: It was said that the year would start with a non-Colombian beryl. Here is a specimen from Panjsher – Afghanistan.

PS2: Thanks for your comments Don!

IMG_9012.JPG
 Mineral: Beryl (variety emerald), Calcite, Albite
 Locality:
Kamar Safed outcrop (Kamar Saphed), Khenj emerald area,, Khenj District, Panjshir Province, Afghanistan
 Dimensions: 125x40x60mm, main xl=42mm
 Description:
 Viewed:  28388 Time(s)

IMG_9012.JPG

IMG_4892.JPG
 Locality:
Kamar Safed outcrop (Kamar Saphed), Khenj emerald area,, Khenj District, Panjshir Province, Afghanistan
 Description:
 Viewed:  28356 Time(s)

IMG_4892.JPG

IMG_9048.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28325 Time(s)

IMG_9048.JPG

IMG_9034.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28350 Time(s)

IMG_9034.JPG

Vitaliy

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2015 14:35    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

Thank you Fiebre Verde. As a fellow beryl collector I enjoyed viewing and looking at your Colombian emerald collection. I primarily focus on other localities but wouldn't pass up a chance at an affordable Colombian emerald in matrix.

I also remember as a youngster dreaming of owning some Colombian emeralds, particularly from Muzo or Chivor. There are few localities that can rival the material and quality Colombia produces and I have not seen many specimens that rival Colombian material.

In your opinion what percentage of floater or separate emerald crystals that are found in matrix are actually fake and what percentage are genuine. I would assume that during mining operations, the specimens that are found in matrix are in the very low percentage and most are usually loose crystals after crushing or separation from matrix.

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2015 15:35    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde - Chivor  

A small but fine crystal from Chivor.
Host rock is a combination of black and grey shale.

IMG_9061.JPG
 Mineral: Beryl (variety emerald), Calcite, Pyrite
 Locality:
Chivor mining district, Municipio Chivor, Eastern Emerald Belt, Boyacá Department, Colombia
 Dimensions: 60x60mm
 Description:
 Viewed:  28370 Time(s)

IMG_9061.JPG

IMG_9068.JPG
 Locality:
Chivor mining district, Municipio Chivor, Eastern Emerald Belt, Boyacá Department, Colombia
 Dimensions: Detail - xl=9mm
 Description:
 Viewed:  28310 Time(s)

IMG_9068.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28300 Time(s)

IMG_9105.JPG

IMG_4808.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28337 Time(s)

IMG_4808.JPG

IMG_9096.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28335 Time(s)

IMG_9096.JPG

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2015 15:54    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

What an amazing quality this tiny crystal has, wow!!!

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2015 16:46    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

Thanks for your comments Vitaliy.

I tend to think like you when it comes to Colombian emeralds vs. the rest of the world.
With maybe the exception of Afghanistan (Panjsher) but the production is scarce and very few specimens make it to the market.

I am not aware of fake floaters or fake individual crystals in the Colombian market.
There are so many loose crystals around that there is no need to grow synthetic emeralds. Unlike the cut stones but that's a different market.
In the specimen market, the only fakes they produce is by gluing (smartly) natural crystals into natural matrix.
Sometimes they get a bit too zealous and they use crystals from different mines on the same matrix hoping that the specimen would fetch a higher price.
Difficult to give an estimation on the percentage of fake specimens as I tend to stick to very few dealers I trust. When asking them about the number of fakes, the answer comes out always the same: "a lot" (not very helpful..).

Yes, during mining operations the main focus is given to extracting crystals. Extracting crystals along with the host rock has never been a priority unless the crystals are really too small to be extracted individually. I think the problem lies in the culture of the "guaqueros" (the miners). They just don't understand the value of a specimen for collectors. And when a sizeable specimen comes out intact by miracle, it's chopped into smaller pieces with the hope that the cumulative value of the individual pieces would be higher than the original piece value.

Gérard

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jan 01, 2015 16:54    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

Tobi wrote:
What an amazing quality this tiny crystal has, wow!!!

Now I have to make a confession Tobi: Chivor is my favorite Colombian locality.
I will try to explain why over the next few months.

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2015 07:50    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde - La Pita  

A special crystal from La Pita.
I thought it would deserve the extra couple of pictures.
The "Green Fire" is there...

IMG_9234.JPG
 Mineral: Beryl (variety emerald), Calcite
 Locality:
La Pita mining district, Municipio Maripí, Western Emerald Belt, Boyacá Department, Colombia
 Dimensions: 40mm across, xl=15mm
 Description:
 Viewed:  28215 Time(s)

IMG_9234.JPG

IMG_9239.JPG
 Locality:
La Pita mining district, Municipio Maripí, Western Emerald Belt, Boyacá Department, Colombia
 Description:
 Viewed:  28198 Time(s)

IMG_9239.JPG

IMG_9185.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28175 Time(s)

IMG_9185.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28175 Time(s)

IMG_4877.JPG

IMG_9129.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28215 Time(s)

IMG_9129.JPG

IMG_9205.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28180 Time(s)

IMG_9205.JPG

IMG_9134.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28182 Time(s)

IMG_9134.JPG

IMG_9137.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
These crystallization patterns look very much like a natural seal!
 Viewed:  28172 Time(s)

IMG_9137.JPG

IMG_9170.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28223 Time(s)

IMG_9170.JPG

IMG_9147.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28158 Time(s)

IMG_9147.JPG

IMG_9156.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28182 Time(s)

IMG_9156.JPG

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2015 11:53    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde - La Pita  

Intergrown crystals from La Pita.
Main crystal is doubly-terminated.

IMG_9302.JPG
 Mineral: Beryl (variety emerald), Calcite, Pyrite, Quartz
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 60x35mm, main xl=16mm
 Description:
 Viewed:  28180 Time(s)

IMG_9302.JPG

IMG_9333.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28110 Time(s)

IMG_9333.JPG

IMG_9352.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28178 Time(s)

IMG_9352.JPG

IMG_9380.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
Note all the contact deformities along one of the prism faces.
Also note the pencil-shaped quartz crystal leaning on one face.
 Viewed:  28139 Time(s)

IMG_9380.JPG

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2015 14:19    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde - Chivor  

A perfectly shaped crystal from Chivor.

IMG_9398.JPG
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 35x45mm, xl=6mm
 Description:
 Viewed:  28091 Time(s)

IMG_9398.JPG

IMG_9406.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28096 Time(s)

IMG_9406.JPG

IMG_9445.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28071 Time(s)

IMG_9445.JPG

IMG_9460.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28075 Time(s)

IMG_9460.JPG

IMG_9471.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28061 Time(s)

IMG_9471.JPG

IMG_9424.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28118 Time(s)

IMG_9424.JPG

IMG_9494.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28099 Time(s)

IMG_9494.JPG

IMG_9438.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  28076 Time(s)

IMG_9438.JPG

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2015 10:27    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde - Chivor  

Chivor at its best.
In spite of its relatively small size, this specimen has it all: crystal association, clusters, complex terminations, color, uncommon crystal habits, and last but not least a brownish crumbly limestone host rock which contains layers of iron oxide.
The emeralds are a bit saturated and might not have the optimal Chivor hue and tone but it's difficult to get hold of such a well balanced specimen.

IMG_9499.JPG
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 42x48x20mm
 Description:
 Viewed:  27940 Time(s)

IMG_9499.JPG

IMG_9616.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27926 Time(s)

IMG_9616.JPG

IMG_9523.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27920 Time(s)

IMG_9523.JPG

IMG_9510.JPG
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 42x48x20mm - Detail
 Description:
 Viewed:  27899 Time(s)

IMG_9510.JPG

IMG_9627.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27896 Time(s)

IMG_9627.JPG

IMG_9532.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27891 Time(s)

IMG_9532.JPG

IMG_9541.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27887 Time(s)

IMG_9541.JPG

IMG_9585.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27867 Time(s)

IMG_9585.JPG

IMG_9656.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
These complex termination patterns are commonly seen in Chivor.
 Viewed:  27932 Time(s)

IMG_9656.JPG

IMG_9694.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27908 Time(s)

IMG_9694.JPG

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2015 14:01    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde - Chivor  

Chivor "Sparkling green".
Not as saturated as Muzo but very intense and with a slight bluish caste.
Out of the six terminated crystals, only one has a pyramidal termination (the leftmost one on the first image).
Host rock is black shale (not featured in the images).
Longest crystal is 12mm.

IMG_9701.JPG
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 55x35x28mm
 Description:
 Viewed:  27888 Time(s)

IMG_9701.JPG

IMG_9794.JPG
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 55x35x28mm
 Description:
 Viewed:  27886 Time(s)

IMG_9794.JPG

IMG_9717.JPG
 Dimensions: Detail
 Description:
 Viewed:  27863 Time(s)

IMG_9717.JPG

IMG_9801.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27874 Time(s)

IMG_9801.JPG

IMG_9808.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27815 Time(s)

IMG_9808.JPG

IMG_9815.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27831 Time(s)

IMG_9815.JPG

IMG_9761.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27814 Time(s)

IMG_9761.JPG

IMG_9742.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27845 Time(s)

IMG_9742.JPG

Vitaliy

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2015 15:35    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

Excellent Chivor pieces. My favourites have always been from Muzo or Chivor mine personally from Colombia.

Out of curiosity I was looking at the pricing for even small microcrystals on matrix from the localities and they range in hundreds of dollars for about a 5mm crystal to thousands of dollars for a 1cm+ crystal. That's pretty pricy and expensive.

I think it's more interesting that I can get an individual emerald crystal of the same size without matrix for 10x+ less expensive. I guess it shows how much matrix pieces add to the pricing.

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2015 19:14    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

Vitaliy wrote:
Excellent Chivor pieces. My favourites have always been from Muzo or Chivor mine personally from Colombia.

Out of curiosity I was looking at the pricing for even small microcrystals on matrix from the localities and they range in hundreds of dollars for about a 5mm crystal to thousands of dollars for a 1cm+ crystal. That's pretty pricy and expensive.

I think it's more interesting that I can get an individual emerald crystal of the same size without matrix for 10x+ less expensive. I guess it shows how much matrix pieces add to the pricing.

Thanks Vitaliy.

As per your last comment, this does not come as a surprise.
Specimen extraction is not part of the mining culture in Colombia. This is not Sweet Home Mine in Colorado and specimen mining in the Colombian emerald districts is almost an undisclosed activity. The idea that cash flow can only be generated by cut stones is still very much anchored there. Matrix pieces market is a seller's market.

Gérard

Pierre Joubert

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2015 05:01    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde  

Fiebre Verde wrote:
Vitaliy wrote:

Thanks Vitaliy.

As per your last comment, this does not come as a surprise.
Specimen extraction is not part of the mining culture in Colombia. This is not Sweet Home Mine in Colorado and specimen mining in the Colombian emerald districts is almost an undisclosed activity. The idea that cash flow can only be generated by cut stones is still very much anchored there. Matrix pieces market is a seller's market.

Gérard

Hi Gérard. It is a sad state of affairs, as often a crystal on matrix is pretty but not faceting grade due to flaws etc. In Zimbabwe (and I am sure in many other places), the same mentality reigns.

'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2015 10:42    Post subject: Re: Collection of Fiebre Verde - Muzo  

A Muzo specimen with what I believe is Parisite. Not a single complete crystal but color is self-speaking.
Parisite is not uncommon in Muzo and they do combine with emeralds.
Calcite rhombs have a sparkling lustre and range from white to translucent.
There are 4 emerald crystals, main one is 10mm long. Slightly saturated green, quite common in Muzo.
There is a small patch of host rock in the back of the specimen (black shale).

IMG_9836.JPG
 Mineral: Beryl (variety emerald), Calcite, Parisite
 Locality:
Muzo mining district, Western Emerald Belt, Boyacá Department, Colombia
 Dimensions: 70x45x50mm
 Description:
 Viewed:  27654 Time(s)

IMG_9836.JPG

IMG_9840.JPG
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 70x45x50mm
 Description:
 Viewed:  27639 Time(s)

IMG_9840.JPG

IMG_9877.JPG
 Locality:
 Dimensions: 70x45x50mm - Detail
 Description:
 Viewed:  27652 Time(s)

IMG_9877.JPG

IMG_9898.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27630 Time(s)

IMG_9898.JPG

IMG_7923.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27655 Time(s)

IMG_7923.JPG

IMG_9939.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
 Viewed:  27617 Time(s)

IMG_9939.JPG

IMG_9955.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
Note the contact deformity in the upper part of the prism.
 Viewed:  27608 Time(s)

IMG_9955.JPG

IMG_9962.JPG
 Locality:
 Description:
The mottled pattern all over the flat basal pinacoid termination is a common feature in Muzo.
 Viewed:  27583 Time(s)

IMG_9962.JPG

IMG_9924.JPG
 Locality:
 Dimensions: FOV=6mm
 Description:
Parisite
 Viewed:  27649 Time(s)

IMG_9924.JPG

IMG_9931.JPG
 Locality:
 Dimensions: FOV=8mm
 Description:
Parisite
 Viewed:  27641 Time(s)

IMG_9931.JPG

Index -> Collection photos and Collector's page   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 4 of 38
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next  

Jump to: