We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
20 Mar-14:06:43 Re: dry gill mine, caldbeck fells, cumbria, uk (Forrestblyth)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 03:21

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Meeting in Tucson of FMF Forum's friends?
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Index -> The Ten Thousand Club

View previous topic :: View next topic  

John S. White
Site Admin

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2009 04:59    Post subject: Re: Meeting in Tucson of FMF Forum's friends?  

Pete:

I, and others I am sure, will be greatly disappointed if you dont make it to El Minuto. Part of the reason for selecting the time of 4:00 PM is that the restaurant should not be crowded. The lunch crowd would have long disappeared and the dinner crowd should not be showing up yet. My plan is to try to reserve a portion of the restaurant for just our group.

Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gail

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2009 08:45    Post subject: Re: Meeting in Tucson of FMF Forum's friends?  

John, I am from the old school of "let he/she who takes on the task of organizing be the decision maker.". Whatever YOU decide and whatever TIME you decide is what we all live with. If some can't make it, there are other days to meet up in small groups or privately.

A rather funny story about my learning to organize:
When I was in my 20s I used to get together with friends and we would spend ages trying to decide where to eat, when to eat, whom rides in what car with whom, were we all getting seperate checks?
I would get frustrated as one after another would say things like " I ate there last week!" or " Isn't that expensive?" and we would go on and on and on.
One day, I did something I didn't know I had in me, I simply said...in a serious tone...
" Okay, we are going to so and so restaurant, all pay seperately, Judy can ride with Gordon and Sam and we can head out NOW."
They all looked relieved! I mean it...I was shocked but all they wanted was someone to just make the decision and take charge.
This was an epithany for me. I went on to organize small play groups for children, then on to small events and, eventually, on to putting on charity bicycle rides for thousands.
99 percent of the people I deal with really want someone else to make the decisions, so...on behalf of FMF, we thank you so much for taking that role and making it happen!

Lesson learned? Not all events please all people, but you just work around them.
Off my soapbox now...

Linda St-Cyr

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2009 11:46    Post subject: Re: Meeting in Tucson of FMF Forum's friends?  

If I read Pete's reply correctly, he said he wanders out of the wilds around sundown. Well I consider this a challenge - can't we keep a party going from 4 pm to sundown? Geez people, we're not ready for the geriatric ward yet, are we?

Les Presmyk

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2009 13:22    Post subject: Re: Meeting in Tucson of FMF Forum's friends?  

I am not sure what happend to my comments but they appear to have disappered into the ether. I applaud John's choice for a venue as El Minuto is one of our favorites and his time selection makes a great deal of sense. Unfortunately, Paula and I will not be able to attend because I will be checking in competitive exhibits and Best of Species entries until 6pm. I invite all of you to stop by our booth, De Natura, at the main show and say hello. It will be fun to put voices and faces to all of you.

Have a safe trip to Tucson. See you next month.

Pete Modreski
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2009 16:24    Post subject: Re: Meeting in Tucson of FMF Forum's friends?  

Just getting back to add my own last little note to this topic. Surely, I wouldn't want to miss such a neat gathering of all these good folks, so I am sure that I can try to rearrange my schedule so as to be at the El Minuto to meet everyone.

P.S., I can always take my "Arizona mountains outdoor recreation" time on Tuesday instead of Wednesday; that might involve missing... hmmm, probably the Friends of Mineralogy meeting & social hour Tuesday afternoon at the... actually I have no idea where that will be, as no announcement has yet been made from that organization (FM) about its time and place yet, given the way Marty Zinn's shows have had to move all around each year.

And even if it weren't for the fact that everyone from this Forum was going to be there... how could I pass up an extra chance for some Mexican food and Negra Modelo at El Minuto?

Looking forward to seeing many of you there, best regards,
Pete

Gail

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2009 16:26    Post subject: Re: Meeting in Tucson of FMF Forum's friends?  

Well now, all is right with the world.
Ha ha! Good for you Pete, see you there.

Linda Smith

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2009 23:36    Post subject: Re: Meeting in Tucson of FMF Forum's friends?  

El Minuto Margaritas, good folks and sunny weather--who could ask for anything more. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2009 05:54    Post subject: Re: Meeting in Tucson of FMF Forum's friends?  

Please follow what happened with the FMF Forum's friends meeting here: https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?p=3486#3486

Jordi

Index -> The Ten Thousand Club   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 3 of 3
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

Jump to: