We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Apr-14:47:23 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
18 Apr-14:25:29 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
18 Apr-10:23:19 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
18 Apr-09:23:31 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Joseph Doliveira)
18 Apr-01:38:56 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
17 Apr-16:31:32 Re: mystery stone, who knows what it is? (Jordi Fabre)
17 Apr-13:20:51 Mystery stone, who knows what it is? (Flubbelyte)
17 Apr-01:49:17 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
16 Apr-09:46:56 Re: locality? (Bob Kerr)
16 Apr-05:47:22 Re: locality? (Tobi)
16 Apr-03:43:50 Re: locality? (Jordi Fabre)
16 Apr-03:36:35 Re: locality? (Tobi)
15 Apr-02:42:05 The mizunaka collection - fluorite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Apr-20:48:16 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Apr-07:32:21 Re: locality? (Peter Megaw)
14 Apr-07:30:00 Locality? (Bob Kerr)
13 Apr-17:53:56 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
13 Apr-10:22:57 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
13 Apr-08:47:36 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
12 Apr-23:33:07 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
12 Apr-16:13:00 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
12 Apr-15:37:19 The mizunaka collection - beryl (Am Mizunaka)
12 Apr-14:55:06 Re: collection of carles millan (Carles Millan)
12 Apr-14:46:24 Re: collection of carles millan (Dany Mabillard)
12 Apr-14:44:22 Re: don lum collection (Dany Mabillard)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Apr 18, 2024 22:01

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Index -> News about Shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Roger Warin

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2015 01:57    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Emerald is a green gem variety of Beryl. The majority of the world's gem quality Emeralds come from the Muzo area of Colombia.

Emeraude_00356_R.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  36809 Time(s)

Emeraude_00356_R.jpg

Emeraude_00451_R.jpg
 Description:
The occurrence of emeralds in Habachtal valley is the only relevant one in Europe.
But the comparison with Colombia is not possible
 Viewed:  36771 Time(s)

Emeraude_00451_R.jpg

Reply to topic Reply with quote

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2015 06:15    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Some epidotes…

Epidote_00421_R.jpg
 Mineral: Epidote
 Locality:
Val di Viù (Viù Valley), Lanzo Valleys (Valli di Lanzo), Metropolitan City of Turin Province, Piedmont (Piemonte), Italy
 Description:
with clinochlore
Lago Falin
 Viewed:  36751 Time(s)

Epidote_00421_R.jpg

Epidote_00424_R.jpg
 Locality:
Val di Viù (Viù Valley), Lanzo Valleys (Valli di Lanzo), Metropolitan City of Turin Province, Piedmont (Piemonte), Italy
 Description:
twinned crystal
 Viewed:  36682 Time(s)

Epidote_00424_R.jpg

Epidote_00455_R.jpg
 Locality:
Knappenwand, Knappenwand area, Untersulzbach Valley, Hohe Tauern, Salzburg, Austria
 Description:
 Viewed:  36680 Time(s)

Epidote_00455_R.jpg

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2015 13:24    Post subject: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015 - A friendly attitude  

Barcelona 07/04/2015

As I'm waiting for the results of the analysis of some of the novelties I found in Ste. Marie I will wait to these analysis to publish my summary of the Show.

On the meantime what I should do is publish how gratifying is to see how an entire people has overturned to ITS Show. It is wonderful to see how, headed by the Mayor Claude Abel, the vast majority of the inhabitants of Ste. Marie are completely devoted to achieve that everything be "comme il faut". You can not ask for a more friendly attitude or for a deeper desire to do things well. Bravo!

More to come...

Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines 2015 - Expo Alpes 18.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  36575 Time(s)

Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines 2015 - Expo Alpes 18.jpg

Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines 2015 - Expo Alpes 19.jpg
 Description:
Photos: Jordi Deusedes
 Viewed:  36487 Time(s)

Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines 2015 - Expo Alpes 19.jpg

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 06:25    Post subject: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015 - What's new?  

Barcelona 07/11/2015

What's new in Ste. Marie 2015? I have my own vision of it, complemented with the comments of other dealers/visitors with whom I discussed this topic in Ste. Marie, so, let's go...

Ste. Marie is, year after year, the most important Show for Moroccan minerals. The reasons for this are multiple: probably due to its peculiar atmosphere, the fact that the Show is in an open space and maybe also due to the timing of the year of the Show, before the really hot Moroccan summer and after the winter & spring which usually is the most productive time for mining Moroccan minerals. In Ste. Marie the Moroccan dealers take over the city (literally), renting many houses in the town of Ste. Marie and occupying a large part of the selling spaces at the Show. As a consequence usually the major part of the new discoveries at this Show are related with Morocco. If you add to this my personal passion for the Moroccan minerals, here you have the result :

• Bad news for the "crazy" blue Barytes from Ouichane. It seems that from September-October 2014 there were no more major finds, we should see what happens in the future...
      As a consequence many Ouichane Barytes from old finds have changed hands quickly to people who wanted to secure this material. The best ones are such nice material that probably it is not a bad idea to have some of them, even considering the risk that in the future they will find more.

• Good news for the Oumjrane area. Bou Nahas is producing a lot of Pyrites, Marcasites, Barytes and even many Coppers, some of them of great quality. A wonderful addition to these finds was a new discovery of Azurites, probably made in some of the old shafts of this mining area. It is a find of extraordinary Azurites with minor Malachite and Baryte, they have a nice shape, a vivid blue color and a fantastic luster, creating in fact a very similar look to the famous "electric blue" Azurites from Milpillas.

• Excellent news about the Bouismas Mine. This mine is working again and after its re-opening it has already delivered a bonanza of new stuff: good to very good Löllingites, numerous Realgars and some red-red Proustites. Great mine!.
      Also in the Bou Azzer area they opened a new shaft in Aït Ahmane, the classic locality for the Gersdorffites, and from now this new shaft is supplying, at about 200 meter deep, yellowish gemmy Sphalerites (mostly like the Huanggang ones not like the Spanish ones) and some well crystallized Silvers and sharp Djurleite-Chalcocite (intergrowth). The fine Gersdorffites seen in Ste. Marie came from the old filons 51 & 55 of Aït Ahmane

• Exciting news about a new shaft: Tazalarht, located close the regular quarries of Tazalarht where in recent years many bladed Azurites and some good Coppers came out. From January 2015 new fine Erythrites were found there with Phlogopite and a mix of Chalcocite-Djurleite-Digenite, funny associations true?. The quality of these Erythrites from Tazalarht is similar or even better than the famous Bou Azzer ones, that in fact are located about 500 Km from Tazalarht!

• Funny news about a find in some place around Agadir. In some of the classic Quartz geodes ("coconuts") from this area they found inside some of these "coconuts" very aesthetic sprays of Gypsum on Quartz. If they find more in the future it could become a classic-commercial item for Morocco, due to its elegance.

• To complete my report about the Moroccan novelties, add that in addition to the regular flow of all kinds of cheap stuff I also saw a good array of samples of Fluorites from the Sidi Ayad area, coated or not coated with Azurite-Malachite, many Cerussites (some very good) from Mibladen and also large geodes of very nice Celestine from Jebel Mahlouch (15-20 km West of Midelt). On the other hand I didn’t see many good Vanadinites, nor Imilchil material or good Erythrites from Bou Azzer.

Let's visit now the rest of the world. The main novelty in Ste. Marie was, in my opinion, the find in April 2015 in level 26 of the Milpillas Mine an extraordinary pocket of Volborthites, with or without Azurite, most of them standing up on a snow white matrix. For the moment it is a little bit hidden find but is really impressive, probably a reference for the future.

To do easier I will list below by countries the other novelties I have seen:

• Portugal: magnificent, luminous, Furcalites with or without Autunite from the Assunçao Quarry and the regular array of unusual specimens from the upper levels of the Panasqueira Mine.

• Malawi: attractive V-shape, smoky Quartz epitactic after feldspar which has been eroded away, very similar to the Namibian ones described by John S. White in the Rocks & Minerals magazine (vol. 87, Sept./Oct. 2012, pp. 459-462), but with the typical combo of small Malawi species related with it.

• China: very large crystals of Pyromorphite coated / replaced by Plumbogummite from new finds from January-February 2015 in the Yangshuo Mine and new Wulfenites from the Jianshan Mine as well as a kind-of-alpìne pink Fluorites from the Huanggang area, both slightly different than previous finds.

• Hungary: more fine Opals (hyalite variety) from Tarcal with some of them on Aragonite.

• Iran: very large and colorful demantoids, but this time on matrix, not just single crystals.

• Russia: unusual association of Miersites on crystallized Azurites from the Rubtsovskoe Mine.

• Brazil: a large suite of Vivianites and Ludlamites from the Cabeça do Cachorro claim, Amazonas.

• Peru: several more of the outstanding Stolzites coating Scheelites on Quartz from the Mundo Nuevo Mine, Peru.

This is what touched my soul in Ste. Marie. Again, these are the finds that for one reason or another catch my eye, so is just "my list". No doubt that the number of novelties displayed in Ste. Marie was larger and I'm sure you will read about them and see their images in the columns that will be published during the next months in the magazines like Mineralogical Record, Mineral Up, Lapis, Mineralien Welt, Règne Minéral, Rivista Mineralogica Italiana... Don't miss them!

More to come...

Jordi
PS:Thanks to John White for editing this text as well as to Christian Mondeillh, great connoisseur of the Moroccan deposits.

Quartz - Mount Malosa_Zomba District_Malawi.jpg
 Description:
V-shape, smoky Quartz epitactic after feldspar which has been eroded away, very similar to the Namibian ones described by John S. White in the Rocks & Minerals magazine (vol. 87, Sept./Oct. 2012, pp. 459-462), but with the typical combo of small Malawi species related with it.
 Viewed:  35753 Time(s)

Quartz - Mount Malosa_Zomba District_Malawi.jpg

Azurite - Oumjrane mining area_Alnif_Tarhbalt_Er Rachidia Province_Meknès-Tafilalet Region_Morocco.jpg
 Description:
A new discovery of Azurites with minor Baryte and Malachite in Oumjrane area probably made in some of the old shafts of this mining area. They have a nice shape, a vivid blue color and a fantastic luster, creating in fact a very similar look to the famous "electric blue" Azurites from Milpillas.
 Viewed:  35767 Time(s)

Azurite - Oumjrane mining area_Alnif_Tarhbalt_Er Rachidia Province_Meknès-Tafilalet Region_Morocco.jpg

Chalcocite - Bouismas Mine_Morocco.jpg
 Description:
Excellent news about the Bouismas and Aït Ahmane mines. These two mines are working again and after its re-opening they has already delivered a bonanza of new stuff like this sharp Djurleite-Chalcocite (intergrowth) from Aït Ahmane.

FOV 1.2 cm
Photo: César Menor Salvan
 Viewed:  35709 Time(s)

Chalcocite - Bouismas Mine_Morocco.jpg

Erythrite - Tazalarht_Taroudant Province_Souss-Massa-Draâ Region_Morocco.jpg
 Description:
Exciting news about a new Moroccan shaft: Tazalarht. From January 2015 new fine Erythrites were found there with Phlogopite and a mix of Chalcocite-Djurleite-Digenite, funny associations true?
The quality of these Erythrites from Tazalarht is similar or even better than the famous Bou Azzer ones, that in fact are located about 500 Km from Tazalarht...
 Viewed:  35763 Time(s)

Erythrite - Tazalarht_Taroudant Province_Souss-Massa-Draâ Region_Morocco.jpg

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 07:15    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Fluorites...

Fluorite_00336_R.jpg
 Mineral: Fluorite
 Locality:
Yaogangxian Mine, Yizhang, Chenzhou Prefecture, Hunan Province, China
 Description:
 Viewed:  35642 Time(s)

Fluorite_00336_R.jpg

Fluorite_00337_R.jpg
 Locality:
Xianghualing Mine, Xianghualing Sn-polymetallic ore field, Linwu, Chenzhou Prefecture, Hunan Province, China
 Description:
 Viewed:  35628 Time(s)

Fluorite_00337_R.jpg

Fluorite_00399_R.jpg
 Locality:
Frunthorn, Lake Zervreila, Vals Valley, Surselva Region, Grischun (Grisons; Graubünden), Switzerland
 Description:
 Viewed:  35665 Time(s)

Fluorite_00399_R.jpg

Fluorite_00428_R.jpg
 Locality:
Beura Quarries, Beura-Cardezza, Ossola Valley, Verbano-Cusio-Ossola Province, Piedmont (Piemonte), Italy
 Description:
 Viewed:  35654 Time(s)

Fluorite_00428_R.jpg

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 07:24    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Still some red fluorites

Fluorite_00443_R.jpg
 Locality:
Aiguille Verte, Mont Blanc Massif, Chamonix, Haute-Savoie, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
 Description:
 Viewed:  35661 Time(s)

Fluorite_00443_R.jpg

Fluorite_00446_R.jpg
 Locality:
Chamonix, Haute-Savoie, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
 Description:
 Viewed:  35625 Time(s)

Fluorite_00446_R.jpg

Fluorite_Asselborn_00445_R.jpg
 Locality:
Pointe Kurtz, Mont Blanc Massif, Chamonix, Haute-Savoie, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
 Description:
 Viewed:  35850 Time(s)

Fluorite_Asselborn_00445_R.jpg

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 07:44    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Two other fluorites

Fluorite_Quartz_00449_R.jpg
 Locality:
Mont Blanc Massif, Chamonix, Haute-Savoie, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
 Description:
with smoky quartz
 Viewed:  35623 Time(s)

Fluorite_Quartz_00449_R.jpg

Fluorite_00435_R.jpg
 Locality:
Les Courtes, Bassin du Talèfre, Mont Blanc Massif, Chamonix, Haute-Savoie, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
 Description:
with smoky quartz
 Viewed:  35600 Time(s)

Fluorite_00435_R.jpg

chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 08:54    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the photos & your impressions Jordi. Roger I hope you have some more.

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 09:14    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Oh yes...
Fluorites play with colors

Fluorites_00441_R.jpg
 Mineral: Fluorites
 Locality:
Camissinone Mine, Zogno, Brembana Valley, Bergamo Province, Lombardy/Lombardia, Italy
 Description:
 Viewed:  35561 Time(s)

Fluorites_00441_R.jpg

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 09:58    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Galena.

Galène_00429_R.jpg
 Mineral: galena
 Locality:
La Grave, Hautes-Alpes, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France
 Description:
 Viewed:  35552 Time(s)

Galène_00429_R.jpg

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 10:03    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Exceptional fine Crystal of Jordanite from the Lengenbach Quarry, associated with other rare sulfosalts.

Jordanite_00415_R.jpg
 Mineral: Jordanite
 Locality:
Lengenbach Quarry, Fäld, Binn Valley (Binntal), Wallis (Valais), Switzerland
 Description:
 Viewed:  35531 Time(s)

Jordanite_00415_R.jpg

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 10:50    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Hessonite, a gemological term, belongs to the grossular garnet group. While most grossular garnet is green, the hessonite variety typically has a vivid orange-brown color.
It’s one of the nine planetary gemstones ! Where’s Pluto ?
Hessonite is typically associated with diopside (a calcic clinopyroxene) in the Val d’Aosta (Italy).

Hessonite_diopside_00423_R.jpg
 Mineral: Grossular
 Locality:
Bellecombe, Châtillon, Aosta Valley (Val d'Aosta), Italy
 Description:
A big specimen
 Viewed:  35477 Time(s)

Hessonite_diopside_00423_R.jpg

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 13:46    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Gwindel quartz or twisted quartz.

Crystalline individuals are associated according to a sub-parallel growth. There is a more or less a slight offset at each step.
The “c” axis of diverse individuals is parallel to the base. The twisted group develops along an "a" axis perpendicular to the "c" axis.
At each addition of an individual, there is a slight position shift that will create spin. They are not twinned. The rotation can be done right or left with the same probability.

Gwindel_00397_R.jpg
 Mineral: Quartz
 Locality:
Val Giuv, Tujetsch (Tavetsch), Vorderrhein Valley, Grischun (Grisons; Graubünden), Switzerland
 Description:
Smoky
 Viewed:  35316 Time(s)

Gwindel_00397_R.jpg

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 13:56    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Gwindel

For the most spectacular Gwindels, the edifice can be quite high compared to the elongation of individuals.

Gwindel_00401_R.jpg
 Locality:
Gletschhorn, Furka Pass area, Urseren, Uri, Switzerland
 Description:
exceptional Gwindel
 Viewed:  35393 Time(s)

Gwindel_00401_R.jpg

Gwindel_00406_R.jpg
 Locality:
Fellital (Felli Valley), Reuss Valley, Uri, Switzerland
 Description:
Gwindel
 Viewed:  35339 Time(s)

Gwindel_00406_R.jpg

Quartz_00364_R.jpg
 Locality:
Dodo Mine, Saranpaul, Khanty-Mansi Okrug, Tyumen Oblast, Russia
 Description:
Many Gwindels in this locality
 Viewed:  35329 Time(s)

Quartz_00364_R.jpg

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 14:13    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Sugar habit…
Also worth mentioning is that individuals can be more or less fine, as shown in the profile of the various apexes. At the limit, can be achieved even continuity, apexes blending then one curved edge, since there rotation of the construction. Light reflections show the torsion of the common face to the whole group. Thus talk of semi-closed or fully closed Gwindel. The French cristalliers kindly referred to these as "sugars" they form. True, they also suck them to clean on the summits ...
With the profile of the group, one can deduce the chirality.

Gwindel_00400_R.jpg
 Locality:
Cavradi, Curnera Valley, Tujetsch (Tavetsch), Vorderrhein Valley, Grischun (Grisons; Graubünden), Switzerland
 Description:
Closed Gwindel or Sugar habit
 Viewed:  35299 Time(s)

Gwindel_00400_R.jpg

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2015 23:26    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Kyanite – Staurolite epitaxy
Pizzo Forno, Tessin, CH.

I admit I do not see on the picture that famous epitaxy of staurolite on blue kyanite. Are these the two aligned crystals near the center of the photo?
In this epitaxy, the cleavage plane (100) of kyanite roughly coincides with the cleavage plane (010) of staurolite. (Friedel 1926).

Kyanite_Staurolite_00404_R.jpg
 Locality:
Sponda Alp - Pizzo Forno, Chironico Valley, Leventina, Ticino (Tessin), Switzerland
 Description:
with a epitaxy
 Viewed:  35152 Time(s)

Kyanite_Staurolite_00404_R.jpg

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2015 03:11    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Thank you Jordi and Roger - great information and photos

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2015 04:04    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Morganite
Morganite is a pink orange variety of beryl containing lithium and cesium.
I do not know why Morganite is a flattened variety of beryl.
Is morganite not elongated along the c axis, because of Cs ???
Pezzotaite, a similar mineral species with Cs, is not elongated too.

Morganite_00370_R.jpg
 Mineral: Beryl
 Locality:
Urucum Mine, Galiléia, Vale do Rio Doce, Minas Gerais, Brazil
 Description:
 Viewed:  35029 Time(s)

Morganite_00370_R.jpg

Morganite_00366_R.jpg
 Mineral: Beryl
 Locality:
Dara-i-Pech pegmatite, Chapa Dara District, Kunar Province (Konar), Afghanistan
 Description:
Fine specimen
 Viewed:  35024 Time(s)

Morganite_00366_R.jpg

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2015 04:12    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Roger,
I have seen the emerald specimen featured in your photo Emeraude_00356_R in various shows prior to Sainte-Marie. Too good to be true!
Its price keeps going down show after show.
Gérard

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2015 04:32    Post subject: Re: Sainte Marie-aux-Mines Show 2015  

Gérard,
I do not know the price of this emerald. I was not interested in it. Possible gluing are not shown on a picture.
Roger.

Index -> News about Shows   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 2 of 3
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: