We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

FMF English Forum is moderated by John S. White and Peter Megaw
 

Spanish message board






Newest topics and users posts
23 Jun-17:28:53 Re: collection of michael shaw (Crosstimber)
23 Jun-16:11:20 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Jun-14:55:20 Re: collection of michael shaw (Don Lum)
23 Jun-14:02:34 Re: new generation for picture - ploum (Ploum)
23 Jun-11:30:23 Re: collection of michael shaw (Crosstimber)
23 Jun-08:59:08 Re: collecting quartz on the little falls dolostone (Vic Rzonca)
23 Jun-06:26:55 Re: franjungle collection (Firmo Espinar)
23 Jun-01:19:20 Re: new generation for picture - ploum (Ploum)
22 Jun-14:09:13 Sainte-marie-aux-mines 2019 - it's already here (Jordi Fabre)
21 Jun-17:26:16 Re: amethyst and...? (Linus)
21 Jun-15:29:17 Re: collection of annemieke en rob schnerr (Rob Schnerr)
21 Jun-14:23:22 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
21 Jun-12:30:25 Re: collection of annemieke en rob schnerr (Rob Schnerr)
21 Jun-02:09:18 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Jun-01:35:49 Re: collection of annemieke en rob schnerr (Tobi)
20 Jun-18:28:18 Re: locality question regarding moroccan calcite (Tar4ntula)
20 Jun-11:18:33 Re: amethyst and...? (Mathias)
20 Jun-07:01:55 Re: collection of annemieke en rob schnerr (Rob Schnerr)
20 Jun-04:30:00 Re: a potpourri of musings....barely related to minerals. (Alfredo)
19 Jun-20:48:46 Re: fake ruby? (John Betts)
19 Jun-20:20:29 Re: cleaning nifontovite (Linus)
19 Jun-20:00:35 Re: cleaning nifontovite (Peter Megaw)
19 Jun-16:17:25 Amethyst and...? (Linus)
19 Jun-09:17:29 Re: collection of annemieke en rob schnerr (Rob Schnerr)
19 Jun-08:52:18 Re: fake ruby? (Bob Carnein)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here


RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

Like
56070


The time now is Jun 24, 2019 16:57

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
Panning the Czech Garnet in the Czech Republic
  
  Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions
Like
3


View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

stoner




Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 24

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2018 09:16    Post subject: Panning the Czech Garnet in the Czech Republic  

I'm sending greetings from the Czech Republic.
If someone is interested in panning (Czech garnet) pyrope in the Czech Basin here is a video from nature ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aWZ5n0vTJ0

Video is with Czech titles, but I think this video doesn't need commentary.



P_20181203_145446.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  1318 Time(s)

P_20181203_145446.jpg


Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
1
   

Pierre Joubert




Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 1605
Location: Western Cape


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2018 09:45    Post subject: Re: Panning the Czech Garnet in the Czech Republic  

Nice video with lovely background music. I know of a remote riverbed in Namibia (mostly dry) where there are thousands of small red garnets. Someday I would like to get permission to explore the area.
_________________
Pierre Joubert


'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

stoner




Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 24

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2018 11:37    Post subject: Re: Panning the Czech Garnet in the Czech Republic  

Pierre Joubert wrote:
Nice video with lovely background music. I know of a remote riverbed in Namibia (mostly dry) where there are thousands of small red garnets. Someday I would like to get permission to explore the area.


Thank you friend.
If you have the opportunity, it is besides the pleasure of red stones and a wonderful relaxation in nature.
We also have enough localities in the form of smaller climbers, which were dry during summer, so we will see next year, depending on how much snow and water during spring, maybe next year will be better with water for panning on other streams with garnets...
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
2
   

basti




Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Location: Brno, Czech Republic

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2018 04:15    Post subject: Re: Panning the Czech Garnet in the Czech Republic  

You can save a LOT of time by real panning. Many Czech areas with abundant peridotites, eclogites, granulites and gneisses contain high amount of garnet in stream sediments.

Recently, localities like Vestřev became very popular because of some infamous collecting videos = irritated local landowners and officials. So please respect landowners and nature, otherwise trouble will follow...
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Pierre Joubert




Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 1605
Location: Western Cape


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2018 06:56    Post subject: Re: Panning the Czech Garnet in the Czech Republic  

basti wrote:
You can save a LOT of time by real panning. Many Czech areas with abundant peridotites, eclogites, granulites and gneisses contain high amount of garnet in stream sediments.

Recently, localities like Vestřev became very popular because of some infamous collecting videos = irritated local landowners and officials. So please respect landowners and nature, otherwise trouble will follow...


By reading this, I assume that you need a permit to pan garnets on all state land in Czech and that people trespass on private properties to pan. Are permits so expensive and hard to obtain that people are tempted to trespass or are the best garnets on private properties and people cannot get permission?

_________________
Pierre Joubert


'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

stoner




Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 24

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Dec 29, 2018 10:58    Post subject: Re: Panning the Czech Garnet in the Czech Republic  

Pierre Joubert wrote:
basti wrote:
You can save a LOT of time by real panning. Many Czech areas with abundant peridotites, eclogites, granulites and gneisses contain high amount of garnet in stream sediments.

Recently, localities like Vestřev became very popular because of some infamous collecting videos = irritated local landowners and officials. So please respect landowners and nature, otherwise trouble will follow...


By reading this, I assume that you need a permit to pan garnets on all state land in Czech and that people trespass on private properties to pan. Are permits so expensive and hard to obtain that people are tempted to trespass or are the best garnets on private properties and people cannot get permission?


Hallo here...

To Basti : Zdravím Tě krajane :-) Svět je malý, že... v Čr je problém, když prozradíš lokalitu, příští rok bude totálně vydrancovaná...

As for small panning, it is not a problem in Czech. No need for authorization. Most watercourses are not private but state-owned. If a water pump and more complicated tools were used than a pan, it would already be understood by the law as mining, and that would be a problem. The problem in the Czech Republic is that someone in the video will reveal the location of the find. Many people will be mining so long that the habitat will be lost. And not only that, people are often reckless to nature and, under the vision of profits, will change to be unnoticed by simply panning the landscape. Such as locales of moldavites, but that's another story ...
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   

Pierre Joubert




Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 1605
Location: Western Cape


Access to the FMF Gallery title=

View user's profile

Send private message

PostPosted: Dec 29, 2018 11:23    Post subject: Re: Panning the Czech Garnet in the Czech Republic  

stoner wrote:
Pierre Joubert wrote:
basti wrote:
You can save a LOT of time by real panning. Many Czech areas with abundant peridotites, eclogites, granulites and gneisses contain high amount of garnet in stream sediments.

Recently, localities like Vestřev became very popular because of some infamous collecting videos = irritated local landowners and officials. So please respect landowners and nature, otherwise trouble will follow...


By reading this, I assume that you need a permit to pan garnets on all state land in Czech and that people trespass on private properties to pan. Are permits so expensive and hard to obtain that people are tempted to trespass or are the best garnets on private properties and people cannot get permission?


Hallo here...

To Basti : Zdravím Tě krajane :-) Svět je malý, že... v Čr je problém, když prozradíš lokalitu, příští rok bude totálně vydrancovaná...

As for small panning, it is not a problem in Czech. No need for authorization. Most watercourses are not private but state-owned. If a water pump and more complicated tools were used than a pan, it would already be understood by the law as mining, and that would be a problem. The problem in the Czech Republic is that someone in the video will reveal the location of the find. Many people will be mining so long that the habitat will be lost. And not only that, people are often reckless to nature and, under the vision of profits, will change to be unnoticed by simply panning the landscape. Such as locales of moldavites, but that's another story ...


Thank you for that explanation Stoner.

_________________
Pierre Joubert


'The tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. '
Back to top
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Like
   
Display posts from previous:   
   Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
    

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


All pictures, text, design © Forum FMF 2006-2019


Powered by FMF