We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
24 Apr-05:09:17 Re: need help with identification of minerals in an old video (James Catmur)
24 Apr-04:24:30 Re: collection of tobi (Carles Millan)
23 Apr-17:44:56 Re: in memoriam - george robinson, a man of science, passed away (Peter Megaw)
23 Apr-09:12:26 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
23 Apr-08:42:40 Need help with identification of minerals in an old video (Hababkhan)
23 Apr-08:12:31 Re: collection of michael shaw (Tobi)
23 Apr-07:31:29 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
23 Apr-03:24:05 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
22 Apr-07:43:53 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
22 Apr-07:37:41 Re: collection of tobi (Tobi)
22 Apr-06:59:29 Re: in memoriam - george robinson, a man of science, passed away (James Catmur)
22 Apr-04:49:40 Re: in memoriam - george robinson, a man of science, passed away (Carles Millan)
22 Apr-04:27:08 In memoriam - george robinson, a man of science, passed away (Jordi Fabre)
21 Apr-19:05:50 The mizunaka collection - fluorite (Am Mizunaka)
21 Apr-10:18:36 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
21 Apr-10:02:41 Re: collection of tobi (Tobi)
21 Apr-07:41:53 Re: collection of tobi (Tobi)
21 Apr-01:06:08 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
19 Apr-14:43:38 Re: tsumeb unknown (Cfrench58)
19 Apr-13:49:53 Re: tsumeb unknown (Jordi Fabre)
19 Apr-13:49:47 Re: tsumeb unknown (Roger Warin)
19 Apr-11:39:35 Tsumeb unknown (Cfrench58)
18 Apr-22:18:36 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
18 Apr-22:09:29 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Volkmar Stingl)
18 Apr-14:47:23 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Apr 25, 2024 11:43

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.

Index -> Mineralogical Literature

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joan R.

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2009 03:45    Post subject: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

We have the pleasure to announce a new mineralogy book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias (The Fluorite. A century of mining in Asturias). It has been written in Spanish and edited by well known fluorite mineral collectors: M. Gutiérrez Claverol, C. Luque, J.R. García Álvarez and L.M. Rodríguez Terente. A century of mining in Asturias, aimed at students, amateur and professional mineralogists, focusing in Spanish mineralogy collectors, Fluorite collectors and all mineralogy “lovers”.

This is a book monograph on this mineral species from this more than interesting Northern Spain mining area. With more than half a thousand pages, profusely illustrated and full color. It has been built after an extensive and deep literature, old documents research (Asturias Archives, Oviedo Department of Mines, Engineering School of Mines of Oviedo and Madrid, private archives, etc). Accompanied by extensive field work, as well as references provided by active miners and/or their descendants, mining companies and technicians who made possible these mining works.
In the book we would like to emphasize the aesthetics, the intrinsic beauty of the selected specimens to cover the vast majority of species associated with the fluorite, in each of the mines and localities. With the photography of Spanish and internationals as: J. Scovil, L.D. Bayle, F. Piña, J.M. Sanchis, J. Callén, J. Rosell, etc). You will enjoy specimens from many collections, domestic and elsewhere in the world.

There are also not being forgotten details of the mining labor, which constituted an important stage in the economic development of our beautiful Asturias, and especially not to lose its legacy for future generations to know and appreciate the effort and perseverance of the real mining actors.

Title: LA FLUORITA. Un Siglo de Minería en Asturias.
Authors: M. Gutiérrez Claverol, C. Luque, J.R. García Álvarez and L.M. Rodríguez Terente
ISBN: waiting... (2009)
Pages: 568p - Size: 28 x 24,5 cm.
Weight: 3,2 Kg (not a pocket book)
More than 500 mineral photos and many maps, old photos...
Price: 75 EUR
In Spanish.
Available in Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines, Munich.

Fluorita-asturias.jpg
 Description:
LA FLUORITA. Un Siglo de Minería en Asturias. Authors: M. Gutiérrez Claverol, C. Luque, J.R. García Álvarez and L.M. Rodríguez Terente.
 Viewed:  36500 Time(s)

Fluorita-asturias.jpg

Reply to topic Reply with quote

GneissWare

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2009 09:10    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

Anyone acting as distributor in the USA? If not, can they be ordered from you?

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2009 16:26    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

I'm sorry you don't get answer from Joan. It seems to me that they should be exceeded, the success in Spain was very high, and they will need time to clear orders.

I don't really know if they will search a distributor for USA, please be patient, I suppose that they will write back next days.

Jordi

Joan R.

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2009 13:49    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

Dear friends,

We are working to find the distributor in USA. GneissWare has been contacted by myself and I will send the book asap. The question, as always, is that post cost is expensive because book is very heavy... One book from Spain is on 40EUR... When I have the exact costs for 1 or 2 books I will publish it.

Fluorita-Asturias-5.jpg
 Description:
Authors: M. Gutiérrez Claverol, C. Luque, J.R. García Álvarez and L.M. Rodríguez Terente. More high ressolution photos in lengenbach(.)com website
 Viewed:  36332 Time(s)

Fluorita-Asturias-5.jpg

Fluorita-Asturias-3.jpg
 Description:
Authors: M. Gutiérrez Claverol, C. Luque, J.R. García Álvarez and L.M. Rodríguez Terente. More high ressolution photos in lengenbach(.)com website
 Viewed:  36347 Time(s)

Fluorita-Asturias-3.jpg

Joan R.

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2009 15:01    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

More book Photos... but better is the original work!!!

Fluorita-Asturias-1.jpg
 Description:
A heavy heavy book.
 Viewed:  36290 Time(s)

Fluorita-Asturias-1.jpg

Fluorita-Asturias-4.jpg
 Description:
The Fluorite. A century of mining in Asturias
 Viewed:  36283 Time(s)

Fluorita-Asturias-4.jpg

Fluorita-Asturias-2.jpg
 Description:
The Fluorite. A century of mining in Asturias
 Viewed:  36287 Time(s)

Fluorita-Asturias-2.jpg

Gerhard Niklasch

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2009 07:30    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

Joan,

at what stall number in what part of Euro-Minerals at Ste Marie-aux-Mines will we find you? :)

(And Jordi, I hope you'll bring along some fitting three-dimensional illustrations, too!)

Gràcies,
Gerhard

Joan R.

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2009 10:08    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

Hi Gerhard,

I will be in Sainte Marie till wednesday to sunday but, this year, without stand, next year God will say ;-).
I will be walking and walking, but you could contact me by mobile. I will send my number to your mail.

If you or anybody is interested in this book, in Sainte Marie will be available at LD Bayle stand (Le Régne Minèral - In the best Theaters ;-)

BSRG
Joan

Gerhard Niklasch

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2009 10:27    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

Thanks! I had been unclear - I had really meant to ask, at what stall are we to queue up for the book, although no doubt you and all of the contributors have earned praise (and vino) for it!

Found it now (EM-TEN/003) in the list on the minerapole pages. My mistake had been to search for Regne, case-sensitive. REGNE or regne or a case-insensitive search would have worked...

keith

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2009 07:32    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

Could someone please give me an address of the publisher or where I can purchase the following: (I don't speak spanish so I will need details in English)

The La Fluorita book mentioned in this forum

And also

Mines and Minerals Spain. Volumes 1 to IV

Thanks in Advance
Cheers
Keith

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2009 08:22    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

Keith,

I believe that authors are working to sell the book of La Fluorita via the Rock & Minerals booth in Shows. Hopefully they will letting us know it here.

About Mines and Minerals Spain. Volumes 1 to IV, I will publish a message in the Spanish forum requesting to the author (Dr. Miguel Calvo) to answer you. Please be patient.

Jordi

GneissWare

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2009 09:36    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

I just received my copies of the La Fluorita book. Its a very high quality book -- good binding, nice stock paper, beautiful full color photos, and a first for me -- a padded cover. Oh, and its very heavy! The amount of information about localities and deposits is substantial. I just wish I had a better knowledge of Spanish than my smatterings of high school conversational Spanish, because this book is a wealth of information. If you collect Fluorite or are interested in classic localities, this is definitely a book that is well worth the price.

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2009 09:50    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

I now have my copy that I had sent to me from Spain so the mail charges were significant. That said I am very happy with it. My spanish is good enough for me to be able to read it - but I need to find the time!

Miguel Calvo

PostPosted: Aug 04, 2009 15:45    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

About the Minerales y Minas de España books:

Volumes 1-3 are published by the Servicio de Publicaciones de la Diputación Foral de Álava. Volumen 4 is published by the Fundación Gomez Pardo-Escuela de Minas de Madrid, they can also provide the other volumes.

However, in August the Fundacion is closed. I will post a message with all information for contact in September.

keith

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2009 07:18    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

HI
Jordi, I cannot get to rock shows in Europe - I'm in Oz so if you or someone could provide me with contact info - that woudl be great.

Thanks in advance

To Miguel
I'll look forward to receiving those details
Cheers

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2009 07:45    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

Sorry Keith, I don't saw that you live in Australia.

Here you have the email address of Juan Ramón García one of the authors of the book, and in charge of its distribution: fluor(at)asturmineral(dot)com

I can't do much more, sorry.

Jordi

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2009 08:04    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

Jose Ramon will ship the book, but given the weight it is not cheap to ship it internationally. That said, to me it was worth the cost (especially as I collect Asturian flourite)

James

Peter

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2009 08:31    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

Looks very good!
Will certainly order one when you are back after holiday

Jesse Fisher

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2009 12:08    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

I acquired a copy of this book at the Munich show from one of the authors, Jose Ramon Garcia. It is a truly impressive work. Does anyone know if it has a US distributor yet?

keith

PostPosted: Dec 08, 2009 06:17    Post subject: Re: New Book: La Fluorita. Un siglo de minería en Asturias.  

HI
Just received my copy of this book
Thanks especially to Joan

Very pleased - even though I can't read Spanish iI am able to glean enough information for my needs.

Well presented book, good pics and locality informaiton.

Thanks to those that assisted me in obtaining this book.

Cheers

Index -> Mineralogical Literature   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: