We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Mar-08:12:52 Green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
18 Mar-06:47:13 Mineralogy & museums 10 - cardiff - 12th-13th august 2024 (Roy Starkey)
18 Mar-02:50:32 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
17 Mar-01:57:58 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
15 Mar-14:27:47 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
15 Mar-13:49:04 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
15 Mar-09:18:42 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
15 Mar-03:45:43 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-21:29:31 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Mar-14:47:27 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-13:56:01 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
14 Mar-11:24:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-08:55:22 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
14 Mar-08:44:47 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
14 Mar-07:24:12 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
14 Mar-02:30:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-02:20:37 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Tobi)
13 Mar-23:40:08 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
13 Mar-14:22:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
13 Mar-14:02:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
13 Mar-00:57:48 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
12 Mar-07:36:06 Re: can you recommend a lab to analyse specimens (Luiz Oliveira)
11 Mar-16:19:18 Re: collection of philippe durand (Riccardo Modanesi)
11 Mar-15:18:26 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
11 Mar-15:13:07 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 19, 2024 05:44

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Melanophlogite?
  Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Index -> What is it? - Where is it from?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Luiz Oliveira

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2021 14:38    Post subject: Melanophlogite?  

Gostaria de informações sobre a Melanoflogita! Tenho umas amostras que parecem ser opala, cristobalita, Melanoflogita, calcedônia, cordierita! Isto, porque são rochas(bombas vulcânicas)! Quando cálculo o peso específico, tenho um resultado de 2,61, 2,57, 2,65! Porém, quando diminuo as amostras o peso específico vai caindo até 2,2! A dureza é em torno de 7 a 7,5. Juntamente com estes agregados, tenho vidro vulcânico de gravidade específica de 2,66!
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bergur_E_Sigurdarson

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2021 14:56    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Try mindat?

https://www.mindat.org/min-2630.html

Luiz Oliveira

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2021 17:24    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Eu já havia pesquisado no mindad! Porém não consegui boa elucidação! Acredito que a dificuldade está no tamanho dos cristais que são pequenos para fazer cálculo de gravidade específica!

CM210325-210621002.jpg
 Locality:
Mato Grosso, Brazil
 Description:
 Viewed:  35441 Time(s)

CM210325-210621002.jpg

Bergur_E_Sigurdarson

PostPosted: Apr 06, 2021 17:42    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Sounds like you need a lab to test your samples.

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2021 01:54    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Bergur_E_Sigurdarson wrote:
Sounds like you need a lab to test your samples.

And also seems that you should publish your text in English language.
Please use the Google translator or similar before publish your messages in Portuguese language. Thank you.

Luiz Oliveira

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2021 13:20    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Boa tarde! Eu tentei usar o google tradutor, porém a tradução não foi fidedigna ao meu texto original! Espero a compreensão de todos! Mas além de me indicarem um laboratório, alguém mais pode dar sua opinião?

Pete Richards
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2021 13:27    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

From the photograph, I would have to guess quartz, maybe including broken fragments of a fine-grained quartz like jasper. Of the options you list, none is reasonable except chalcedony, both because they look different and most are quite rare. Chalcedony is fine-grained quartz, but that term usually suggests a different appearance than your rock.

DeepL translation:

A partir da fotografia, teria de adivinhar o quartzo, talvez incluindo fragmentos quebrados de um quartzo de grão fino como o jaspe. Das opções listadas, nenhuma é razoável, excepto a calcedónia, ambas porque parecem diferentes e a maioria são bastante raras. A calcedónia é quartzo de grão fino, mas esse termo sugere normalmente uma aparência diferente da sua rocha.

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2021 13:31    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Hoje falamos portugues

Today we work in Portuguese.

Luiz Oliveira

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2021 13:50    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Estou mandando uma foto melhor!

IMG_20210407_154428.jpg
 Locality:
Mato Grosso, Brazil
 Description:
 Viewed:  35202 Time(s)

IMG_20210407_154428.jpg

Luiz Oliveira

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2021 13:55    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

My hypothesis is that it’s a beta cristobalite who’s been metamorphosed into Melanoflogite!

A minha hipótese é que seja uma cristobalita beta que sofreu metamorfose para Melanoflogita!

Luiz Oliveira

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2021 10:26    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Tenho outras amostras! Mas o que me chama muito a atenção, é quando após lapidar no disco de corte as pedras ficam escuras no polimento! Li que a Melanoflogita fica preta quando aquecida! E essa cristã escura atrapalha o brilho e a bela aparência da gema! Mas aprendi a deixar a superfície quase limpa durante 3 anos de estudo!

IMG_20210111_102551.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  35084 Time(s)

IMG_20210111_102551.jpg

Luiz Oliveira

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2021 14:58    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Good afternoon! After analyzing with the microscope the rocks I presented, I was able to highlight the orthorhombic crystals! Therefore, the photographs presented in this discussion refer to cordierite! This was the first diagnosis I ever made! But a geologist here from Brazil gave me a quartz report with inclusions! He did not see the crystals and despised the polychroism of the stones! I wonder if cordierite can be in rare cases uniaxial positive, such as quartz?

IMG_20210407_154309.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  33289 Time(s)

IMG_20210407_154309.jpg

Luiz Oliveira

PostPosted: Dec 18, 2022 08:48    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Bom dia! Depois de incansável insistência em Cordierita, vejo que tenho grupo Osumilite! E aqui vai uma amostra de um grande cristal de Chaiesite! Ele está bem alterado, mas conserva a forma de cristalização! A Melanoflogita Também está presente na maioria destas espécies!

IMG_20220924_171724.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  29735 Time(s)

IMG_20220924_171724.jpg

alfredo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 18, 2022 12:28    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

What you have there is concentric layers of iron oxide, nothing related to melanophlogite, chayesite, osumilite, nor cordierite. Indeed a curious rock - I'd keep it too if I found it - but nothing with exotic mineralogy.

Luiz Oliveira

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2023 06:21    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Olá Alfredo! Obrigado pelo seu comentário! Fico feliz!
Aqui no Brasil, apesar de muita riqueza geológica, há pouco interesse científico nesta área, a não ser em minerais já conhecidos como diamantes, água marinha, turmalinas, esmeralda. Eu já tentei buscar recursos diagnósticos por aqui, mas só me decepcionei!
Eu acredito ter material de muito valor científico e também comercial! Mas não encontro respaldo no Brasil! Acredito ter cristais como Roedderite, Eifelite, Chaiesite, Osumilite e Poldretteite! As minhas rochas tem evidências de serem vulcânicas do cambriano e pré cambriano! São às vezes escurecidas por fora pela presença de Melanofllogita! Tenho também nas rochas, a presença de fósseis como hifas de fungos e reprodução assexuada! Tenho paralelamente a essas rochas, outras rochas de aspecto argioloso que eu considero ser Nacrite (pedra de Thian huan)! Portanto, considero este cenário geológico riquíssimo!
A presença da suposta Roedderite, me leva a levantar uma hipótese da origem da vida no nosso planeta de forma extra-terrestre, pois a Roedderite é originada quando sofre ação do sol!
Concluindo, acredito ter encontrado as "sementes da vida"!

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2023 09:33    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Google translate:

Luiz Oliveira wrote:
Hello Alfred! Thanks for your comment! I'm glad!
Here in Brazil, despite the great geological richness, there is little scientific interest in this area, except for already known minerals such as diamonds, aquamarines, tourmalines, emeralds. I already tried to look for diagnostic resources here, but I was only disappointed!
I believe I have material of great scientific and commercial value! But I don't find support in Brazil! I believe I have crystals like Roedderite, Eifelite, Chaiesite, Osumilite and Poldretteite! My rocks have evidence of being Cambrian and Precambrian volcanic! They are sometimes darkened on the outside by the presence of Melanophlogite! I also have in the rocks, the presence of fossils such as fungal hyphae and asexual reproduction! Parallel to these rocks, I have other clayey rocks that I consider to be Nacrite (Thian Huan stone)! Therefore, I consider this geological scenario very rich!
The presence of the supposed Roedderite leads me to raise a hypothesis of the origin of life on our planet in an extra-terrestrial way, as Roedderite originates when it undergoes action from the sun!
In conclusion, I believe I have found the "seeds of life"!

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2023 13:50    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

I am really very interested in your thoughts.
Can you say more?

Luiz Oliveira

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2023 21:40    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Sim, Roger! Há 6 anos venho estudando algumas rochas que me chamaram a atenção pelo aspecto apresentado! Comecei a estudar umas rochas moles que alguns geólogos aqui identificaram absurdamente como quartzo! A dureza dessas não passa de 3 em mhos! Elas também contém fósseis! Uma mistura de alófano com nacrite! Poderiam ser astrofilita ou opala! Mas a densidade relativa apesar de ter variações, o valor mais encontrado é de 2.43. Após submeter essas rochas em lapidação, o resultado é de um belíssimo visual! Esse belo visual, eu o atribuo ao material do fitoplâncton talvez de um mar pré existente!
Mas concomitante a esse estudo, fui imbuído a estudar uma outra rocha que era encontrada nas proximidades! Porém esta rocha é mais dura(7 em mhos) e mais cristalina! E pelo fato de ter cores púrpura, avermelhadas, brancas, incolores, eu pensei ser Cordierita. Os geólogos daqui as classificaram como quartzo! Pois após lapidadas o índice de refração, o sinal óptico(+) são muito parecidos com o quartzo! Porém elas são pleocroicas, de densidade relativa variável (2,51 a 2,72), soltam um material escuro quando lapidadas em disco fino(800). Contém fósseis de seres microscópios evidenciados em objetiva de 10 e 40x! Consigo ainda identificar clivagem, bolinhas(Melanoflogita) e cristais hexagonais achatados(azuis, pretos, vermelhos, amarelados)! Também prováveis cristais de almarudita!
Sendo assim, concluo que as minhas rochas não são Cordierita, mas sim de vários minerais do grupo Osumilite!

Matt_Zukowski
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2023 22:03    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

So far you have shown us a tumbled (naturally or not) stone and some sort of concretion/pseudomorph that looks like it is mostly iron oxide. You have thrown out all sorts of exotic mineral names, some optical properties and harness tests, and claims about fossils and such that you say tell us something about the origins of life. i just don't know what to think about your posts or what you want from us.

Please provide a concise statement telling us what you want from us.

If it is to confirm value - we don't do that here.

If it is to confirm mineralogy - you have not given us what we need to help you, and we have suggested that you get analyses done. Please do the analyses and maybe we can you tell you more about mineralogy. You said that you have shown it to a geologist and they say it (the pebble) is included quartz. It looks like some intrusive rock to me, but you can't tell much from your pictures. Take it to other geologists, especially those with experience in your area, perhaps they can tell you what formation it comes from.

Luiz Oliveira

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2023 22:12    Post subject: Re: Melanophlogite?  

Luiz Oliveira wrote:
Sim, Roger! Há 6 anos venho estudando algumas rochas que me chamaram a atenção pelo aspecto apresentado! Comecei a estudar umas rochas moles que alguns geólogos aqui identificaram absurdamente como quartzo! A dureza dessas não passa de 3 em mhos! Elas também contém fósseis! Uma mistura de alófano com nacrite! Poderiam ser astrofilita ou opala! Mas a densidade relativa apesar de ter variações, o valor mais encontrado é de 2.43. Após submeter essas rochas em lapidação, o resultado é de um belíssimo visual! Esse belo visual, eu o atribuo ao material do fitoplâncton talvez de um mar pré existente!
Mas concomitante a esse estudo, fui imbuído a estudar uma outra rocha que era encontrada nas proximidades! Porém esta rocha é mais dura(7 em mhos) e mais cristalina! E pelo fato de ter cores púrpura, avermelhadas, brancas, incolores, eu pensei ser Cordierita. Os geólogos daqui as classificaram como quartzo! Pois após lapidadas o índice de refração, o sinal óptico(+) são muito parecidos com o quartzo! Porém elas são pleocroicas, de densidade relativa variável (2,51 a 2,72), soltam um material escuro quando lapidadas em disco fino(800). Contém fósseis de seres microscópios evidenciados em objetiva de 10 e 40x! Consigo ainda identificar clivagem, bolinhas(Melanoflogita) e cristais hexagonais achatados(azuis, pretos, vermelhos, amarelados)! Também prováveis cristais de almarudita!
Sendo assim, concluo que as minhas rochas não são Cordierita, mas sim de vários minerais do grupo Osumilite!

IMG_20220807_090552.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  29243 Time(s)

IMG_20220807_090552.jpg

Index -> What is it? - Where is it from?   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 2
  Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: