We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Mar-08:12:52 Green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
18 Mar-06:47:13 Mineralogy & museums 10 - cardiff - 12th-13th august 2024 (Roy Starkey)
18 Mar-02:50:32 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
17 Mar-01:57:58 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
15 Mar-14:27:47 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
15 Mar-13:49:04 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
15 Mar-09:18:42 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
15 Mar-03:45:43 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-21:29:31 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Mar-14:47:27 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-13:56:01 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
14 Mar-11:24:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-08:55:22 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
14 Mar-08:44:47 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
14 Mar-07:24:12 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
14 Mar-02:30:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-02:20:37 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Tobi)
13 Mar-23:40:08 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
13 Mar-14:22:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
13 Mar-14:02:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
13 Mar-00:57:48 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
12 Mar-07:36:06 Re: can you recommend a lab to analyse specimens (Luiz Oliveira)
11 Mar-16:19:18 Re: collection of philippe durand (Riccardo Modanesi)
11 Mar-15:18:26 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
11 Mar-15:13:07 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 19, 2024 00:14

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!

Index -> Comments & Suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2021 12:42    Post subject: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Such a day as today 15 years ago I created this Forum. As time goes! 😉

FMF - 15 years already.jpg
 Description:
I did not believe that we could go that far...
 Viewed:  14428 Time(s)

FMF - 15 years already.jpg

Reply to topic Reply with quote

Don Lum

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2021 12:58    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Congratulations on a such a successful, popular and rewarding Forum, Jordi.

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2021 13:08    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Don Lum wrote:
Congratulations on a such a successful, popular and rewarding Forum, Jordi.

😊

Roger Warin

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2021 13:10    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Hello,
We are very lucky that Jordi started this forum with such enthusiasm.
Congratulations and thank you.
Roger.

Fiebre Verde

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2021 13:15    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Time flies and Jordi is our captain!

Peter Lemkin

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2021 13:23    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Yes, Congratulations! As I am a member and watcher of this forum as well as the Spanish Foro FMF, I just also got the message that led to your similar, but different, post there. I was quite impressed that in every category except number of members (slightly fewer there), the numbers 'there' were double [or more] than the numbers 'here'....so the TOTAL numbers are really amazing - and if you don't post the sum totals, I might - but I suggest you make a sum total and post on both, as they are in many ways one Forum with a lot of crossover of ideas and posts, etc. The total number of views, along with ALL the categories, were stunning on both 'sides'. Where will this be in another 15 years?! Will you have added a French, German and Russian section and be rivaling Google and such? - only joking....

I think you/we/all can consider it was a GREAT success - any way one wants to measure it!

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2021 14:22    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Fantastico - so great to see how we have built a community that works together, in two languages with lots of us on both. So, they would say in Singapore 'same, same but different'

bob kerr

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2021 15:11    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

A MILLION CONGRATS TO JORDI AND CREW!

this is such a valuable site for mineral issues - just love it!

bob

Bob Carnein

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2021 15:57    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Thanks for providing us all with an interesting and thought-provoking forum!

Pete Modreski
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2021 16:22    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

It has been a most enjoyable and useful Forum and 15 years, Jordi, thank you for the idea and for doing it! And I've met many fine people through it.

Michael Shaw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2021 17:42    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Congratulations on 15 years, and thank you for creating a place where the mineral community can gather and learn.

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2021 01:21    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Thank you all.

Let's wait for many more and better years if the health (and the economy) hold up.

Philippe Durand

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2021 01:39    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Thank you Jordi, for your dedication to this forum. It is undoubtedly a huge work on a daily basis.
Why is it successful ?
-many interesting subjects, which develop the mineralogy culture of the attendees
-beautiful photos of minerals
-nice members who are helpful to the others
-great moderation

Just wish 15 more years :)

LeadMineGal

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2021 09:52    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Thank you Jordi and to everyone who has made this site possible!
I've learned quite a bit here and am always awed by the fantastic photos that are posted.
Time sure does fly when one is working with rocks, doesn't it?

Tony L. Potucek

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2021 08:46    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Jordi,
Congratulations for your wonderful website and for providing a venue for some of us who have written articles to publish our articles. You have made it very easy to do this, so thank you!

Joan Massagué

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2021 16:02    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Dear Jordi,

Thank you for your immense generosity and dedication to creating the FMF and assembling the outstanding team that keeps this forum so vibrant and diverse. This is a great meeting point for all of us in the hobby, as all messages above nicely state. Of course, "Forum" was a Roman name for a Greek invention called the Agora, the central public space in town for conversation and debate. I visited Empúries two weeks ago, that ancient Greek colony near Barcelona where you live. Its old Agora overlooking the sea reminds me of what FMF represents for us: a place to enjoy the exchange of ideas, the value of learning, and the beauty in minerals. Thank you and the FMF team very much for making this possible. Long live the agora FMF!

Joan

Steve Maslansky

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2021 09:38    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Congrats. This forum is an invaluable resource to the whole collecting community. During these trying Covid times it has provided an avenue for all of us to stay in touch.

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2021 11:05    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Hi to everybody!
It seems like yesterday to me, when Jordi proposed to me to join the Forum, and... 15 years for the Forum and almost 10 years for my joining it are already over!
I had the occasion of knowing new people and sharing my mineralogical experiences with mineralogists from all over the world!
Long live the FMF and greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug 12, 2021 13:10    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Thank you Jordi for creating this wonderful place! I was part of this for 12 of the 15 years and I hope for many more years to come!

Best regards
Tobi

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2021 06:02    Post subject: Re: 15 years since the beginning of FMF. As time goes!  

Joan Massagué wrote:
Dear Jordi,

Thank you for your immense generosity and dedication to creating the FMF and assembling the outstanding team that keeps this forum so vibrant and diverse. This is a great meeting point for all of us in the hobby, as all messages above nicely state. Of course, "Forum" was a Roman name for a Greek invention called the Agora, the central public space in town for conversation and debate. I visited Empúries two weeks ago, that ancient Greek colony near Barcelona where you live. Its old Agora overlooking the sea reminds me of what FMF represents for us: a place to enjoy the exchange of ideas, the value of learning, and the beauty in minerals. Thank you and the FMF team very much for making this possible. Long live the agora FMF!

Joan

Thank you very much to all.

For things to work it takes time. The time it took for Dr. Joan Massagué to leave his country to go to the United States and there, despite being a foreigner, to manage the department of Cell Biology and Genetics in one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world, the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, in Manhattan, where in 2003 he accepted the leadership of the Cancer Biology and Genetics program and eventually became a world authority on cancer research. His discoveries have saved and will save many, many lives in the future and I can imagine few things that could be more rewarding than that. He knows very well how long it has taken him to obtain these achievements.

Joan collects minerals. That brought him here and he has not run away, and he has been with us for many years.
Here we do not yell and if someone yells, he is asked to stop. No one here believes that they are much wiser than others and if they do they are reminded that this is not a place for 'sound and fury' and that here we all want the same thing: minerals, and that we want them as they are, alien to the human condition.
With time, with patience, and with a desire to learn and teach, we have come this far. That people like Joan write and participate tells us that what we are doing is appreciated and that the continuous work behind this Forum to make the hidden beauty of minerals known is rewarded.
Many times I have been asked: 'But Jordi, what profit is there in it for you and the administrators with the Forum?' And the answer is very easy: that people like Joan are here with us.

Long live FMF and long live its administrators!

Index -> Comments & Suggestions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: