We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)
21 Mar-04:11:47 Re: jim’s mineral collection (James Catmur)
20 Mar-23:34:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
20 Mar-18:13:16 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
20 Mar-14:06:43 Re: dry gill mine, caldbeck fells, cumbria, uk (Forrestblyth)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 28, 2024 09:12

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
In Memoriam - Tracy has left us

Index -> In Memoriam

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Nov 06, 2021 07:51    Post subject: In Memoriam - Tracy has left us  

She was a discreet person, she never wanted to give lessons to anyone although she could have because her knowledge of toxicology was far superior to that of the rest of us.

She was always helping FMF and even published two threads in our VIP section Featured Columns of FMF both full of who she was: knowledge and kindness.

Tracy was many things and she was also an FMFer and she was with us but, unfortunately, we will not see the cat of her avatar again nor can we delight in her wisdom.

She left us October 5 at the age of only 58, but we'll keep the memory of her and we will especially miss her clean and elegant style.

Thanks for everything Tracy

Tracy at FMF.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  12872 Time(s)

Tracy at FMF.jpg

Reply to topic Reply with quote

Carles Millan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 06, 2021 09:18    Post subject: Re: In Memoriam - Tracy has left us  

I'm very sorry for Tracy, really. She still was too young to go.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Nov 06, 2021 14:56    Post subject: Re: In Memoriam - Tracy has left us  

Rest in peace Tracy

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2021 11:14    Post subject: Re: In Memoriam - Tracy has left us  

Hi to everybody!
Really this new fell to me as a frozen shower, as we say in Italy. She was really too young to leave this world and she didn't deserve so bloody an end. My condolences to all people who knew her and to her family.
Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

David K. Joyce

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2021 21:51    Post subject: Re: In Memoriam - Tracy has left us  

Tracy lived very close to me and I was fortunate to visit with her often. We shared suppers a number of times per year for many years and shared mineralogical discussions and life stories. I will miss her. David K. Joyce

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2021 03:05    Post subject: Re: In Memoriam - Tracy has left us  

I didn't know her in person, but it feels sad to know that one from our community left us :-(

John S. White
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2021 10:05    Post subject: Re: In Memoriam - Tracy has left us  

I would have written this much sooner but I was waiting to receive more information about Tracy's truly surprising and unfortunate passing. I am still waiting so I do not want to wait any longer. Apart from being a dear friend, Tracy was a fellow quartz specimen collector. I was, for her, one of the people she went to with questions about quartz and minerals in general as she had no formal education in mineralogy. She was not able to travel to many mineral shows so one of my great joys was buying quartz specimens for her which I passed on to her mostly at cost or with a very modest markup. As a quartz collector myself at the time I often had a hard time deciding whether to keep a specimen or send it to her in Canada. Tracy was our house guest many times but her visits were usually too brief to enable much training in mineralogy which was alleged to be part of the reason for her visits. I will miss her greatly. We were frequent email exchangers and when I was not getting a response from her for weeks I knew that something was terribly wrong. I did not have contact information for any of her family so I was helpless with my worries. So when I learned of her passing I was mortified, but not surprised. The photo was taken at the door of our home. Dear Tracy, Merle and I are so very sorry that we have lost you. Rest well.

Tracy Kimmel Dec. 20, 2015 (2).JPG
 Description:
 Viewed:  12505 Time(s)

Tracy Kimmel Dec. 20, 2015 (2).JPG

Firmo Espinar

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2021 10:49    Post subject: Re: In Memoriam - Tracy has left us  

Rest in peace Tracy.

We´ll miss you.

Peter Farquhar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2021 16:29    Post subject: Re: In Memoriam - Tracy has left us  

In her postscripts, Tracy always quoted Socrates, "Wisdom begins in wonder." She exemplified Socratic teaching by often asking fundamental questions that left many of us wondering how best to answer. Tracy's many posts and insightful comments have contributed so much to FMF.

I'm personally indebted to Tracy for initiating two Featured Columns on FMF: "What defines a mineral's 'quality?" in 2008, and "About cyclic twinning" in 2012. These two columns together have generated hundreds of replies and over a million views on FMF. Thanks, Tracy -- we will miss you.

Index -> In Memoriam   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: