We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
29 Mar-00:03:53 Identification question (Jim Wilkinson)
28 Mar-23:16:36 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
28 Mar-18:25:15 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
28 Mar-09:37:50 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-19:47:08 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Pete Richards)
27 Mar-16:15:44 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-15:18:59 Re: 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Alfredo)
27 Mar-14:39:29 2 unknowns co-occurring with caledonite, grand reef mine, az (Cfrench58)
27 Mar-05:21:48 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
27 Mar-05:03:26 Re: trying to find information on rose/pink quartz and tourmaline associations. (Ning)
27 Mar-02:39:50 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Tobi)
27 Mar-00:23:28 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
26 Mar-00:53:41 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Mar-13:32:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
25 Mar-00:25:58 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
23 Mar-13:35:22 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
22 Mar-08:32:28 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
22 Mar-04:20:41 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
21 Mar-22:49:19 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:47:40 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-22:45:25 Re: green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
21 Mar-15:34:23 Re: the mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
21 Mar-14:35:08 Re: jim’s mineral collection (Jim Wilkinson)
21 Mar-14:15:36 The 4th phoenix heritage mineral show (phms) hosted by mineralogical society of arizona (m (Chris Whitney-smith)
21 Mar-04:36:10 Re: the mizunaka collection (Tobi)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 29, 2024 04:17

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
MIneralogical Record delivery outside USA
  Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Index -> Mineralogical Literature

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Richard Arseneau

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2023 11:21    Post subject: Re: MIneralogical Record delivery outside USA  

James Catmur wrote:
Interesting feedback Roy - I was wondering what to do with mine when I move on, and now I know. Recycle them I guess.

Roy Starkey wrote:
I must confess that I've given up asking for replacement copies, partly because it does not seem fair on the organisation and partly because whilst originally I thought it important to have 'pristine' copies for eventual passing on / selling upon my demise, that is no longer the case. In the UK at least there is little interest in back issues. I've been responsible for trying to disperse / re-home several sets on behalf of the spouses of friends who have died and there is next to no interest.
Cheers
Roy

There is certainly interest, I hope that is sarcasm. I would love to get my hands on back issues, regardless of condition.
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Roy Starkey

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2023 11:37    Post subject: Re: MIneralogical Record delivery outside USA  

Hi Richard
No, not sarcasm at all. I was at the Baltimore Micromount Symposium in 2005 there was a complete run up to that time in the auction and basically no-one wanted it because the attendees were all relatively old and everyone had a set. Sadly it was way too heavy for me to buy it and bring it back to the UK sadly. My experience in the UK is much the same. When I have had sets to sell on behalf of deceased friends there is little interest for the same reason. I guess as the years pass our views and aspirations change but I am under no illusion as to the likely worth of my set (which I actually spent a lot of time and money completing over decades (I only started subscribing at vol. 12).
Best wishes
Roy

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2023 23:32    Post subject: Re: MIneralogical Record delivery outside USA  

Roy

Do people want certain copies? I can understand that the vanity publishing editions are of little value - which is why I have stopped subscribing - but the older real content ones and a few recent ones are more interesting, so do people want those? I am happy to buy real content ones (e.g. Aliva Mines) but skip the vanity ones.

Thoughts welcome in the next Russell Society discussion on what to do with our 'collections', which are not just mineral specimens but also related books, magazines, ephemera, etc.

James

Roy Starkey wrote:
Hi Richard
No, not sarcasm at all. I was at the Baltimore Micromount Symposium in 2005 there was a complete run up to that time in the auction and basically no-one wanted it because the attendees were all relatively old and everyone had a set. Sadly it was way too heavy for me to buy it and bring it back to the UK sadly. My experience in the UK is much the same. When I have had sets to sell on behalf of deceased friends there is little interest for the same reason. I guess as the years pass our views and aspirations change but I am under no illusion as to the likely worth of my set (which I actually spent a lot of time and money completing over decades (I only started subscribing at vol. 12).
Best wishes
Roy

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2023 10:56    Post subject: MIneralogical Record delivery outside USA - Issues with the March-April edition  

News from the always kind Tom Gressman about the delivery outside USA of the March-April edition :

Volume 54-2 (March-April) is late because of technical problems at the printer.

We expect that 54-2 will be mailed by the end of this week.

All Mineralogical Record issues sent to non-US subscribers beginning with Vol. 54-1 are being sent International Priority Mail.

Index -> Mineralogical Literature   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 2 of 2
  Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: