We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
27 Apr-05:13:42 Re: collection of antonio nazario (James Catmur)
26 Apr-10:41:00 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Joseph Doliveira)
26 Apr-10:27:30 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Jordi Fabre)
26 Apr-10:10:30 Re: collection of antonio nazario (Antonio Nazario)
26 Apr-09:24:46 Re: collection of antonio nazario (Jordi Fabre)
26 Apr-07:54:41 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Joseph Doliveira)
26 Apr-03:35:03 Re: collection of antonio nazario (James Catmur)
26 Apr-03:19:37 Re: collection of tobi (Tobi)
26 Apr-02:52:29 Re: collection of antonio nazario (Tobi)
26 Apr-02:36:06 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Jordi Fabre)
26 Apr-01:07:58 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
25 Apr-22:13:47 Re: collection of antonio nazario (Antonio Nazario)
25 Apr-22:02:52 Re: collection of antonio nazario (Antonio Nazario)
25 Apr-21:44:30 Collection of antonio nazario (Antonio Nazario)
25 Apr-19:17:26 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Joseph Doliveira)
24 Apr-05:09:17 Re: need help with identification of minerals in an old video (James Catmur)
24 Apr-04:24:30 Re: collection of tobi (Carles Millan)
23 Apr-17:44:56 Re: in memoriam - george robinson, a man of science, passed away (Peter Megaw)
23 Apr-09:12:26 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
23 Apr-08:42:40 Need help with identification of minerals in an old video (Hababkhan)
23 Apr-08:12:31 Re: collection of michael shaw (Tobi)
23 Apr-07:31:29 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
23 Apr-03:24:05 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
22 Apr-07:43:53 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
22 Apr-07:37:41 Re: collection of tobi (Tobi)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Apr 27, 2024 08:20

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Collection of Jim Prentiss
  Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Index -> Collection photos and Collector's page

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tobi
Site Admin

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2010 01:04    Post subject: Re: Collection of Jim Prentiss  

Andreas Gerstenberg wrote:
Some addition to your variscite. The village is spelled "Meßbach" (Messbach) not Mebbach.

If we are talking corrections for that locality: Please note that this area of Saxony is named Vogtland, not Voughtland.
But in general: Thank you for posting your interesting specimens, Jim, i also hope for more to come!

Cheers!
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jim Prentiss

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2010 10:05    Post subject: Re: Collection of Jim Prentiss  

Hi Tobias,

I am changing my label and catalogue. I should have confirmed it with mindat. I took the locality info off of the original label I got from the dealer.

Fear not, I appreciate the corrections. I remember, working for the local school/tour bus company, as a kid, all the diiferent attempts at pronouncing some place names near where I grew up.

Jimp

Jim Prentiss

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2010 11:06    Post subject: Re: Collection of Jim Prentiss  

Helllo All,

Well if you see any repeats of the photos I am submitting now, it is because my new kitten walked accross my keyboard and my first attempt diappeared. I know not where
it went. So here goes with some more photos to add to the list.

Jimp

Calcite 02b.JPG
 Description:
This is a busy little piece. It took nearly fifteen years to get the whole story from the Alaska Geological Survey, on this ugly little specimen. It is Calcite var. Glendonite pseudomrph after sand included Glauberite. I picked it up Near Carter Creek, North Slope, Alaska, while crewing a helicopter in 1983. It is 2 1/2" x 1 5/8" (6.35cm x 4.13cm)
 Viewed:  7740 Time(s)

Calcite 02b.JPG

Pyrophyllite 02e.JPG
 Description:
Any white water enthusiasts out there? Does this not remind anyone of rapids in a stream? This Pyrophyllite is from Hillsboro Mine, Orange County, North Carolina and is 4" x 2" (10.16cm x 5.08cm)
 Viewed:  7743 Time(s)

Pyrophyllite 02e.JPG

Mimetite 04a.JPG
 Description:
This is a rather recent addition to my collection. I have several Mimetites, but this is the first green example I have seen. It is 1 3/8" x 1" (3.49cm x 2.54cm) and is from the Ojuela Mine, Mapmimi, Mun. de Mapimi, Durango, Mexico
 Viewed:  7735 Time(s)

Mimetite 04a.JPG

Quartz 31a.jpg
 Description:
Going for a little flash. I have read about the Quartz Gwindels and of course I got one when I could. I do not know how well this ranks among other examples, But its mine, and I like it. According to the label I recieved it is from Val Strem, Tavetsch, Graubunden, Switzerland, and it measures 3 1/4 x 2 3/8" (8.26cm x 6.03cm)
 Viewed:  7712 Time(s)

Quartz 31a.jpg

Forsterite 04a.JPG
 Description:
This specimen is Forsterite, tiny pale green druzy crystals lining small vugs in matrix. I picked it up in 1995 near New Chenega Village, Evans Island, Prince William Sound, Alaska. the piece is 1 3/8" x 1 3/8" (3.49cm x 3.49cm)
 Viewed:  7732 Time(s)

Forsterite 04a.JPG

Jim Prentiss

PostPosted: Nov 28, 2010 15:22    Post subject: Re: Collection of Jim Prentiss  

Hello Everyone,

It has been awhile since I have added anything to my collection page. So here are a few more specimens.

jimp

Strashmirite 01a.JPG
 Description:
A light blue coating of Strashmirite from the Majuba Hill Mine, Pershing County, Nevada. Field of view is 1.00" (2.54cm).
 Viewed:  7458 Time(s)

Strashmirite 01a.JPG

Wavellite 03a.JPG
 Description:
When I first started doing this list I was going to not do any repeats, however I have a good excuse in this specimen of Wavellite from the type locality at the High Down Quarry, Filleigh, North Devon, Devon, England. the specimen is 1 1/2" x 1" (3.81 x 2.54cm). I am also running out of different minerals at add to the list.
 Viewed:  7424 Time(s)

Wavellite 03a.JPG

Strontianite 01d.JPG
 Description:
This tiny Strontianite is around 1/16" (1.6mm) long. It ia one of the lucky shots I have achieved with my everyday digital camera. It if from Faylor Middle Creek Quarry, Winfield, Union County, Pennsylvania.
 Viewed:  7442 Time(s)

Strontianite 01d.JPG

Zippeite 01a.JPG
 Description:
I just put this Zippeite up on the New Mexico state listing. It is from Jackpot Mine, Laguna District, Cibola County, New Mexico
 Viewed:  7424 Time(s)

Zippeite 01a.JPG

Scolecite (02)a.jpg
 Description:
This Scolecite is the only mineral specimen I have from Iceland, from Teigarhorn, Berufjord. the field of view is close to 2" (5.08cm)
 Viewed:  7445 Time(s)

Scolecite (02)a.jpg

Smithsonite 05a.JPG
 Description:
This is the Smithsonite I have looked for going on twenty years. I have lots of the botryoidal or reniform. This piece is from the Tsumeb Mine, Otjikoto Region, Namibia. it is about 3/4" (1.91cm) high
 Viewed:  7458 Time(s)

Smithsonite 05a.JPG

Index -> Collection photos and Collector's page   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 2 of 2
  Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: