We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
28 Apr-15:20:53 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Dany Mabillard)
28 Apr-03:14:45 Re: the mizunaka collection - elbaite (Am Mizunaka)
27 Apr-20:28:29 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Joseph Doliveira)
27 Apr-11:25:36 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
27 Apr-05:13:42 Re: collection of antonio nazario (James Catmur)
26 Apr-10:41:00 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Joseph Doliveira)
26 Apr-10:27:30 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Jordi Fabre)
26 Apr-10:10:30 Re: collection of antonio nazario (Antonio Nazario)
26 Apr-09:24:46 Re: collection of antonio nazario (Jordi Fabre)
26 Apr-07:54:41 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Joseph Doliveira)
26 Apr-03:35:03 Re: collection of antonio nazario (James Catmur)
26 Apr-03:19:37 Re: collection of tobi (Tobi)
26 Apr-02:52:29 Re: collection of antonio nazario (Tobi)
26 Apr-02:36:06 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Jordi Fabre)
26 Apr-01:07:58 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
25 Apr-22:13:47 Re: collection of antonio nazario (Antonio Nazario)
25 Apr-22:02:52 Re: collection of antonio nazario (Antonio Nazario)
25 Apr-21:44:30 Collection of antonio nazario (Antonio Nazario)
25 Apr-19:17:26 Re: collection of joseph d'oliveira (Joseph Doliveira)
24 Apr-05:09:17 Re: need help with identification of minerals in an old video (James Catmur)
24 Apr-04:24:30 Re: collection of tobi (Carles Millan)
23 Apr-17:44:56 Re: in memoriam - george robinson, a man of science, passed away (Peter Megaw)
23 Apr-09:12:26 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
23 Apr-08:42:40 Need help with identification of minerals in an old video (Hababkhan)
23 Apr-08:12:31 Re: collection of michael shaw (Tobi)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Apr 28, 2024 20:48

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Anton Potgieter

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: May 19, 2011 11:29    Post subject: Log in and photos problems  

Hi

Can some one may be help me. When I lock in to the forum and clik on 'n topic. It takes me back to the lock in page. And how do you aad photos to your collection. I have 1 photo on may collection page bat can not aad a nather one. Can some one may be help pleas.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Anton Potgieter

PostPosted: May 19, 2011 13:46    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

Can same one help pleas the form throut me of every time i clik op 'n topic i had to lock in 9 time get here. Pleas help.

Anton Potgieter

PostPosted: May 19, 2011 13:48    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

And i can not lode photos not even 1 it throu me of every time when tri.

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: May 19, 2011 14:36    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

Sorry Anton, but everybody seems work properly on FMF, so probably the problems are on your side. In fact I'm not sure which is your problem exactly. I suggest to you try to know better the Forum and how it works and wait until then to download more photos.

Of course I already checked your account and everything seems to be OK there, so honestly I have not answers to your requests.

Sincerely, we can't do much more. If some other FMFer get similar problems as yours then we can try to investigate them, otherwise, sorry, but we can't help you.

Jordi

Mike Wood

PostPosted: May 19, 2011 14:43    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

Hi Anton,

when you log in make sure you tick the box underneath that says ' log me in automatically on each visit '. It should make things easier for you - it sure confused me when I started on the Forum !
I also had problems uploading photographs at first, until I tried using a more modern computer with modern (recent) upgraded browsers. What a difference that made !!
Keep on trying, it will work eventually. Hope this has been of some use to you.
Regards,
Mike

shep G

PostPosted: May 19, 2011 17:17    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

also I have been having some problem pm'ing others...I am pretty sure I have been a member for 10 days but I dont know how to check???? thanks

Tracy

PostPosted: May 19, 2011 21:06    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

Right below your ID and avatar it says when you joined FMF. You're still 2 days away from reaching ten. :-)

- Tracy

Duncan Miller

PostPosted: May 20, 2011 01:41    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

Hi Anton

You are not alone. Sometimes I have to log in several times before my submissions go through, even after clicking 'log me in automatically on each visit' . Because this happens to me on some other forums too, I don't think it is FMF's fault, but probably to do with my security settings, which I don't want to change. What I do is copy anything I have written, highlighting it and using control C, in case the submission goes awry. In that case, once I have logged in again, I can just paste it , using control V. It is a bit clumsy, but it works.

Duncan

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: May 20, 2011 05:14    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

xenolithos wrote:
....Sometimes I have to log in several times before my submissions go through, even after clicking 'log me in automatically on each visit' . Because this happens to me on some other forums too, I don't think it is FMF's fault, but probably to do with my security settings...

It looks as a kind of connection trouble, maybe time to time you have some cut in your connection and that's why you should log in again and again...?

BTW, theorically if the connection fall down you can recover your work just using the button "back" and then "refresh" (if the system request it)

Anton Potgieter

PostPosted: May 20, 2011 10:18    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

Well may pc is 6 months old. But I have spoken wiht 2 ather persons on facebook from South Africa. And they have told me to not wast may time the Mineral Forum sever throu you out every time when you tri to lock in from South Africa. But im on 7 ather forums and it working on the same prinsepil as this one and I don't have a problem there to lock in. It looks to me like i wil have to go and look for a anther forum for minerals.

Anton Potgieter

PostPosted: May 20, 2011 10:38    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

And samthing els. I have to changs every time may Country it keeps shanging it to the USA.

Mike Wood

PostPosted: May 20, 2011 10:52    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

If it's any consolation, I think your specimens and photo's are very good. I'm sure we would all like to see some more.
Thanks, Mike

Anton Potgieter

PostPosted: May 20, 2011 12:26    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

Samething hapend what it is i do not now but it's working now.

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: May 21, 2011 10:35    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

Mike Wood wrote:

I tried to upload photo's about six months ago, using my ten-year old laptop (Sony Vaio) and internet explorer browser. I couldn't load multiple photo's; and a lot of the time I couldn't load even one! I then used another computer (a newer one) with firefox browser and it worked like a dream - ten photo's at a time maximum.
Right now I'm using my laptop again with IE. It's ok for text, and it can load one single photo, but it then always gets thrown out.
Mike

Sorry for the inconveniences, but as Mike experienced and as Anton felt (we didn't nothing and suddenly his technical problems seemed vanish) the problems seems to be related with troubles on your side (computers and/or browsers for Mike and -probably- line difficulties for Anton)

We use a very reliable server (OLM -> https://www.olm.net/ based in USA and for our previous experience we beleive it works well for worlwide, plus we recently improved it moving the site to a dedicated server instead the share server we had before -> "FMF moved onto a more powerful server" ( https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?t=1591 )

Of course the server can have some temporary trouble, and some country /area could have worst service than other, but basically we are happy with our server as well as how FMF it works.
Sorry again for your troubles, hopefully you can solve it. From us everything seems to work properly (speaking in technological terms ;-)

Anton Potgieter

PostPosted: May 27, 2011 04:24    Post subject: Log in and photos problems  

Hi

I have tride 3 difrint computers a P4 intell desktop, laptop and a brand nuwe develupers laptop brand nuwe inported from the USA last week. And i have also tride 3 diffrint internet surge ingens internet explorer, chrome and firefox's. All of them give the same inlock problems and the same problems when you tri to up lode photos. I have also asked the IT departmint where i work to monitor the computer at work when i lock in on the forum and the feed back i got from them is there is no problems on may side every thing runs the way it must run. There is problems on the forums siver side. They have also tested the internet connection at work and i have also tested the internet connection from home and it is working correctly. What now

I just whant to let you now about this. I have to put this up here becous i can not pm eney one on the forum or send eney one a mail about it.

Im on an nather forum that runs the same setup foor there forum like here and there is pupil from al ofer the worlde on that forum and now problem with the inlock or loding fotos on there frorum from this side. The ather formus im on is not mineral forums so i will not put the names here becous it is then atverismint for them.

So i do not now if same one is going to do eney thing about this becous the feed back i got from the forum is that there is no problems on the forum and that they are happy the way the forum is running and that the problem is on may side. But i can not find the problem on may side.

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: May 27, 2011 04:53    Post subject: Re: Log in and photos problems  

Anton,

Every time you create a new thread for the same thing. I already joined (again) your new thread with this thread you created before...

You can't use PM currently because every new user has 10 waiting days until PM can be used as it is explained here -> https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?p=8055#8055 and as you should notice every time you try to send a PM.
You started on FMF the 17 May so today is your last day without PM

We wasted over one hour checking all our systems just to be sure everything works properly and everything is working well in FMF. Sorry for the inconveniences you have but us (and other people) we tried to do our best for you and as it seems doesn't work it don't make sense discuss about it again.

FMF is not a Forum for one single person, is a worldwide Forum, so if for some reason some one can't use it, sorry but we can't do nothing else.

Jordi

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: