We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Mar-08:12:52 Green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
18 Mar-06:47:13 Mineralogy & museums 10 - cardiff - 12th-13th august 2024 (Roy Starkey)
18 Mar-02:50:32 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
17 Mar-01:57:58 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
15 Mar-14:27:47 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
15 Mar-13:49:04 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
15 Mar-09:18:42 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
15 Mar-03:45:43 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-21:29:31 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Mar-14:47:27 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-13:56:01 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
14 Mar-11:24:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-08:55:22 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
14 Mar-08:44:47 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
14 Mar-07:24:12 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
14 Mar-02:30:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-02:20:37 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Tobi)
13 Mar-23:40:08 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
13 Mar-14:22:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
13 Mar-14:02:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
13 Mar-00:57:48 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
12 Mar-07:36:06 Re: can you recommend a lab to analyse specimens (Luiz Oliveira)
11 Mar-16:19:18 Re: collection of philippe durand (Riccardo Modanesi)
11 Mar-15:18:26 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
11 Mar-15:13:07 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 19, 2024 02:02

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Presentation of new members - Reference Thread
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
  Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2022 03:39    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - João Luz from Lisboa, Portugal  

João Luz wrote:
silvia wrote:

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time. May I suggest collecting a few minerals from Panasquiera. The mine produces some very fine Ferberite, Arsenopyrite and Fluorapatie specimens.

Thank you! I'm working on that ;)

And also welcome to João!
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Leofwin

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2022 06:47    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Tobi (Leofwin) from Dresden, Germany  

Hello everyone! :)

My name is Tobi and I'm a 28 years old 3D artist from Germany, with a lifelong passion for rocks and minerals. What interests me most is anything crystalline, particularly transparent/translucent and metallic crystals, but I am also a big fan of fossils.
I am travelling frequently in between Germany and Oregon, USA, for personal reasons and got the opportunity to collect a wide variety of big and small chunks of petrified wood, agates, geodes and other interesting minerals over there, while I'm mostly focusing on quartz/amethyst and fluorite here in Germany (although I'm always looking for more minerals to collect). Since my childhood I've had the dream to collect at least one specimen of each of the typical precious gemstones (so, sapphire/ruby, emerald, topaz, opal in gem quality etc.) in gem quality myself at some point, not to sell them but just as an achievement.

Recently I tried to get a little bit more into geology to be able to recognize what locality might host what type of mineral and how to find it but I have to admit I am still at the very, very beginning in that regard.

Cheers,

Tobi/Leofwin

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2022 08:00    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tobi (Leofwin) from Dresden, Germany  

Named Tobi and from Germany - that's a good combination :-)

Herzlich willkommen!

Don Lum

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2022 10:22    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Tobi (Leofwin) from Dresden, Germany  

Welcome to The Forum, Tobi

JohnAxton

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2022 07:40    Post subject: Presentation of new members - John Axton from Forest Hills  

I am new here and it was nice to see all the collection of you people of different minerals but I've also seen some craftwork that's worth appreciating

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2022 12:37    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - John Axton from Forest Hills  

Welcome John

Do read the forum guide as it will help you get the most from this forum

https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?t=1941

Philippe Durand

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2022 12:50    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - John Axton from Forest Hills  

welcome on board :)

Don Lum

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2022 13:12    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - John Axton from Forest Hills  

Welcome John

19Kath93

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2022 09:16    Post subject: Presentation of new members - Katharina from Schweinfurt in Bavaria  

Hello,
I am Katharina from Germany, 29 years old. I live in a small village in northern Bavaria.
Gemstones and minerals are my biggest hobby, I am collecting them since 2011 or so. I have so many ones as necklaces, but also as pure stones. I am buying them for example on Christmas markets, but not collecting them in nature myself. But it fascinates me that it's also said that minerals have an influence on physical or mental health.
I am happy to get to know people with the same passion for stones and minerals.
I have a question: Is there already a topic or thread to show new bought minerals? And do I have to add the location to each mineral to which I am adding a photo? I have many bought minerals which I could show, but without knowing the location.
Thank you.

19Kath93

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2022 07:43    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Katharina from Schweinfurt in Bavaria  

Tobi wrote:
Named Tobi and from Germany - that's a good combination :-)

Herzlich willkommen!

Oh, 2 people from Germany here, I just read - awesome ;) I life near Schweinfurt in Bavaria. (still writing in English even though you're also German just to make my comments understandable for everybody from anywhere)

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 13, 2022 08:26    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Katharina from Schweinfurt in Bavaria  

Hallo Katharina und herzlich willkommen hier im Forum der Steineverrückten ;-)

But of course in English: Nice to have some more people from Germany here. I'm from Marburg in Hessen and I think I am the only very active German member here, but maybe from now on there's one more :-)

Concerning your first post yesterday:
19Kath93 wrote:

Hello,
I am Katharina from Germany, 29 years old. I live in a small village in northern Bavaria.
Gemstones and minerals are my biggest hobby, I am collecting them since 2011 or so. I have so many ones as necklaces, but also as pure stones. I am buying them for example on Christmas markets, but not collecting them in nature myself. But it fascinates me that it's also said that minerals have an influence on physical or mental health.
I am happy to get to know people with the same passion for stones and minerals.
I have a question: Is there already a topic or thread to show new bought minerals? And do I have to add the location to each mineral to which I am adding a photo? I have many bought minerals which I could show, but without knowing the location.
Thank you.

You can both present your minerals including the locality in your own collection thread (just start a new topic here: https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewforum.php?f=22 ) and also post minerals in order to ask for the locality (I suggest a new topic here: https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewforum.php?f=9 )

Liebe Grüße und wenn du Fragen hast, meld dich einfach ;-)
Tobi

19Kath93

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2022 08:03    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Hi Tobi, yes, now you are not the only very active German member here anymore. :)
So in order to open a new topic with your own stones, you need to know the location of the stone, if I understood correctly? I always read a line "Fields that should be filled in if you publish a photo of a mineral specimen". Does that mean new photos can't be posted without a location? I understood that locality, mineral and dimensions need to be filled out?

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2022 08:23    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Welcome to this forum.

If you do not know the locality please ask in 'What is is, where is it from'. I hope that makes sense.

We really like to know the locality, mineral and dimensions if you know them.

James

19Kath93 wrote:
Hi Tobi, yes, now you are not the only very active German member here anymore. :)
So in order to open a new topic with your own stones, you need to know the location of the stone, if I understood correctly? I always read a line "Fields that should be filled in if you publish a photo of a mineral specimen". Does that mean new photos can't be posted without a location? I understood that locality, mineral and dimensions need to be filled out?

19Kath93

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2022 08:30    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

James Catmur wrote:
Welcome to this forum.

If you do not know the locality please ask in 'What is is, where is it from'. I hope that makes sense.

James

19Kath93 wrote:

Thank you very much, this helps.

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2022 08:45    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Kath

I have edited my response, as I was wrong! Sorry

James

19Kath93 wrote:
James Catmur wrote:
Welcome to this forum.

James

19Kath93 wrote:

Thank you very much, this helps.

19Kath93

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2022 08:51    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Okay, so I only am able to post a collector topic if I found the minerals myself, and if they are not only bought ones? I also recognized my topic is locked...
I am sorry, I did not know that.

19Kath93

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2022 09:34    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Or why was my topic about my stones locked?

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2022 13:06    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

You can post minerals in your collection, no matter how you obtained them. But we do like to know the mineral, locality, and dimensions, and for them to be natural, not person made

19Kath93 wrote:
Okay, so I only am able to post a collector topic if I found the minerals myself, and if they are not only bought ones? I also recognized my topic is locked...

19Kath93

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2022 13:56    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

James Catmur wrote:
You can post minerals in your collection, no matter how you obtained them. But we do like to know the mineral, locality, and dimensions, and for them to be natural, not person made

19Kath93 wrote:

I am sorry, thank you for informing me. Would my Quartz which I posted be okay, as it is not person-made?

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec 15, 2022 05:05    Post subject: Re: Presentation of new members - Reference Thread  

Kath

It would be fine. Do you have a more precise locality?

James

19Kath93 wrote:
James Catmur wrote:

19Kath93 wrote:

I am sorry, thank you for informing me. Would my Quartz which I posted be okay, as it is not person-made?

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 24 of 26
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next  

Jump to: