We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
04 Jun-01:49:14 Re: the mizunaka collection (Jordi Fabre)
03 Jun-21:44:21 The mizunaka collection - stibnite (Am Mizunaka)
03 Jun-06:16:31 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
02 Jun-13:39:20 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
02 Jun-08:51:39 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
02 Jun-02:27:53 The mizunaka collection - rhodchrosite (Am Mizunaka)
02 Jun-01:36:07 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
02 Jun-01:17:41 Re: is this a rhyolite matrix with calcite and smoky quartz? (Volkmar Stingl)
01 Jun-22:11:04 Re: is this a rhyolite matrix with calcite and smoky quartz? (Roger Warin)
01 Jun-20:02:10 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Alfredo)
01 Jun-10:24:08 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
01 Jun-10:21:30 Is malachite rare? (Matt_zukowski)
01 Jun-09:51:59 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Matt_zukowski)
01 Jun-09:21:32 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
01 Jun-07:40:50 Re: mineral identification tips (Cascaillou)
31 May-16:04:59 Is this a rhyolite matrix with calcite and smoky quartz? (Gk68)
31 May-15:40:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
31 May-15:40:12 Re: is this dolomite-pyrite-siderite? (Gk68)
31 May-09:28:53 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
31 May-08:49:08 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Alfredo)
31 May-07:33:18 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
31 May-07:26:07 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (James Catmur)
31 May-06:33:57 Is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
30 May-22:57:14 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
30 May-09:49:21 Re: provide miller indices in practice please (Robson Vieira)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Jun 04, 2024 03:52

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Samuel's Collection
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
  Index -> Collection photos and Collector's page

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lumaes

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2011 01:43    Post subject: Huge Chinese Stibnite - Samuel's Collection  

Featured below is my large Stibnite that came in the mail a week or so ago. It is in fact a tight cluster of three stibnite crystals and the striations and terminations are beautiful in my opinion. I have included a few close-ups. It hails from the Wuning mine, near Qingjian village, Mt. Tuobei, Wuning County, Jiangxi, China. 14.5 x 3.5 x 3.0

STRIATIONS.jpg
 Description:
Stibnite. Wuning mine, near Qingjian village, Mt. Tuobei, Wuning County, Jiangxi, China. 14.5 X 3.5 X 3.0
 Viewed:  28832 Time(s)

STRIATIONS.jpg

STRIATIONS 2.jpg
 Description:
Stibnite. Wuning mine, near Qingjian village, Mt. Tuobei, Wuning County, Jiangxi, China. 14.5 X 3.5 X 3.0
 Viewed:  28854 Time(s)

STRIATIONS 2.jpg

STRIATIONS 3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28836 Time(s)

STRIATIONS 3.jpg

TERMINATION.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28843 Time(s)

TERMINATION.jpg

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2011 02:58    Post subject: Silver, Uranium and Wilburs Glasses - Samuel's Collection  

As many of you know I also collect the elements of the Periodic Table. Two elements I have in great abundance are Silicon and Silver. At last count I had about 2kg of Silicon and just over 6 kilograms of Silver. Shown below is a portion of my stash. I posted them as black and white photos because the reflections were making it hard to see any detail.

I would like some elemental uranium but you are not allowed to keep it. Curiously they use it as ballast in Commercial Aircraft and Boats, on the tips of Helicopter rotors, in elevator systems and as armor piercing bullets. If you have ever sat at the back of a Commercial Aircraft you have probably been close to about 750kg of Depleted Uranium. It is something they don’t talk about very much. Somewhat like the increased exposure to Cosmic Rays that occurs at 30,000ft, and like Uranium ballast not talked about too much either. See radiation is supposed to be dangerous at any level of exposure. That is the myth they would like you to believe.

I also have some Rhodium and I was very much impressed with Wilbur’s’ Gold glasses, so much so that if I ever come to Tucson I will have the frames of my glasses made out of solid Rhodium.

SILICON.jpg
 Description:
Silicon refined
 Viewed:  28837 Time(s)

SILICON.jpg

SILVER.jpg
 Description:
Silver refined
 Viewed:  28827 Time(s)

SILVER.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2011 03:39    Post subject: Re: Samuel's Collection  

For those who collect radioactive minerals you might find the following information useful. It is taken from a book by Dr. Colin Keay, called Nuclear Radiation Exposed - A Guide to Better Understanding.

“The human body is composed of chemical elements in a myriad of cell-forming combinations that go to build up our flesh, bone and organs. We ingest radioactive elements in water and food. Here are the amounts typical for a 70 kg adult having a total radioactive burden of around 20,000 Bq:

RADIOACTIVE ELEMENTS IN AN ADULT HUMAN BODY

Element Amount in the body Resulting level of radioactivity
Potassium 17 mg 4,400 Bq
Carbon-14 95 μg 15,000 Bq
Uranium 90 μg 1.1 Bq
Thorium 30 μg 0.11 Bq
Radium 31 pg 1.1 Bq
Polonium 0.2 pg 37 Bq
Tritium 0.06 pg 23 Bq

Note: One pg is one billionth of a μg. One μg is one millionth of a gram.”

1Bq ~ the activity of a quantity of radioactive material in which one nucleus decays per second.

What is interesting about this is it clearly demonstrates that we are all naturally radioactive. It is in our food and within us. It is difficult to measure because the body absorbs most of the alpha particles and beta rays, but some betas and the gammas do get out and it is possible to measure our radioactivity with the right equipment. We are told that no level of radioactivity is safe, yet we are not riddled with radiation induced cancers – neither were the dinosaurs before us and the reptiles before them. So who do we believe???

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2011 03:43    Post subject: Re: Samuel's Collection  

This is the table. Units also in ounces to help those not metricated yet.

table.jpg
 Description:
Table
 Viewed:  28839 Time(s)

table.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2011 06:36    Post subject: Uranium the sacred element - Samuel's Collection  

Some of you might like to know this. It is a little gem I saw on a University Website, and I presume they are talking about Adelaide, Australia. You have seen all those street signs that say “Nuclear Free Zone” well what BS! It has been estimated based on the elemental abundance of Uranium that if you were to take out a square mile of soil to a depth of 1 foot you would have nearly 4 tons of Uranium metal. But the thing that will really “fry your brain” is the element Thorium is much more abundant than Uranium. So what would be the grand total of Uranium and Thorium combined? It suggests that if you found the right method of separating these elements from all the others in the soil, a “cow” paddock could become a profitable Uranium mine.

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2011 18:14    Post subject: Re: Samuel's Collection  

I have received much positive feedback regarding the Fluorite on Quartz posted a few weeks ago that I decided to include a few more shots. The Quartz crystals are very gemmy but not too long (1-2 cm). The Fluorites are flawless, beautiful neon green with amazing surface textures. The photos do depict the actual colour of the fluorites. The Fluorites are about 2cm on edge for the largest. They are somewhat clear on the outside with distinct phantoms on the inside. For pure “eye-candy” it scores 10 out of 10 in my opinion. It hails from the Xianghuapu Mine, Xianghualing Polymetallic Field, Linwu County, Chenzhou Prefecture, Hunan Province, China. 15 x 10 x 8 cm.

BACKSIDE.jpg
 Description:
BACKSIDE OF SPECIMEN
 Viewed:  28643 Time(s)

BACKSIDE.jpg

FRONTSIDE.jpg
 Description:
FRONT SIDE OF SPECIMEN
 Viewed:  28655 Time(s)

FRONTSIDE.jpg

TOP SIDE.jpg
 Description:
TOP SIDE OF SPECIMEN
 Viewed:  28650 Time(s)

TOP SIDE.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2011 18:53    Post subject: More EDS Results - Samuel's Collection  

I received notification about a week ago regarding the identification of the “Hydrozincite.” I did not post it as I thought it was only fair to give my Chinese friends the information first. You will be glad to know it is not aragonite, but neither is it Hydrozincite. It turns out to be Calcite, but I am still happy. It looks like coral with an amazing silky luster and so represents another “funky” form of calcite. Be warned though this result is only valid for the mineral I submitted.

Wenshan Calcite.jpg
 Description:
Calcite confirmed
 Viewed:  28662 Time(s)

Wenshan Calcite.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2011 21:09    Post subject: Big Fluorite De'an - Samuel's Collection  

I have received much positive feedback regarding another Fluorite on Quartz posted a few weeks ago that I decided to include another shot. The Fluorite is flawless, beautiful purple with amazing surface textures. For pure “eye-candy” this also scores 10 out of 10 in my opinion. It hails from the De'an Mine, De'an County, Jiujiang Prefecture, Jiangxi Province, China. 8 x 7 x 4 cm.

BIG FLUORITE.jpg
 Description:
Fluorite on Quartz. De'an Mine, De'an County, Jiujiang Prefecture, Jiangxi Province, China. 8 x 7 x 4 cm.
 Viewed:  28631 Time(s)

BIG FLUORITE.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 02:25    Post subject: Re: Samuel's Collection  

Featured below is my combo piece consisting of Beryl, Cassiterite and Muscovite. This was posted earlier, but I thought that I would update with a few of the proverbial “Kodak moments.” The luster on the Beryls and Cassiterites is just fantastic in my opinion – glass like in fact. The Beryls are very gemmy and they have a beautiful morphology. It hails from Mt Xuebaoding, Pingwu County, Mianyang Prefecture, Sichuan Province, China. 9 x 8 x 6 cm.

CASSITERITE BERYL 1.jpg
 Description:
Beryl, Cassiterite and Muscovite. Mt Xuebaoding, Pingwu County, Mianyang Prefecture, Sichuan Province, China. 9 x 8 x 6 cm.
 Viewed:  28624 Time(s)

CASSITERITE BERYL 1.jpg

CASSITERITE BERYL 2.jpg
 Description:
Beryl, Cassiterite and Muscovite. Mt Xuebaoding, Pingwu County, Mianyang Prefecture, Sichuan Province, China. 9 x 8 x 6 cm.
 Viewed:  28619 Time(s)

CASSITERITE BERYL 2.jpg

CASSITERITE BERYL 3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28624 Time(s)

CASSITERITE BERYL 3.jpg

CASSITERITE BERYL 4.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28604 Time(s)

CASSITERITE BERYL 4.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 03:44    Post subject: Re: Samuel's Collection  

I am very partial towards hematite and I had longed for one of those hematite after magnetite pseudomorph or just hematite. Featured below is the first one I acquired and from the moment I first saw it I knew I wanted a larger version, which I acquired only a few weeks ago. They have the most amazing shapes, luster and surface texture, and in my opinion are both technically interesting and great “eye-candy.” This one also hails from the Payún Matru Volcano, Reserva Provincial La Payunia, Malargüe Department, Mendoza Province, Argentina. 7 x 4 x 4 cm.

HEMATITE 1.jpg
 Description:
Hematite. Payún Matru Volcano, Reserva Provincial La Payunia, Malargüe Department, Mendoza Province, Argentina. 7 x 4 x 4 cm.
 Viewed:  28602 Time(s)

HEMATITE 1.jpg

HEMATITE 2.jpg
 Description:
Hematite. Payún Matru Volcano, Reserva Provincial La Payunia, Malargüe Department, Mendoza Province, Argentina. 7 x 4 x 4 cm.
 Viewed:  28607 Time(s)

HEMATITE 2.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 04:59    Post subject: Re: Samuel's Collection  

Shown below are a few photos of my very first Chinese Orpiment. Unlike the other one I have posted this is a tight cluster of orpiment crystals, the longest being about 2.5 cm. The crystals are in great condition for a soft mineral, and as can be seen in the close-ups the terminations are perfect. It hails from Shimen Mine, Shimen County, Changde Prefecture, Hunan Province, China. 10 x 7 x 5 cm.

ORPIMENT 1.jpg
 Description:
Orpiment. Shimen Mine, Shimen County, Changde Prefecture, Hunan Province, China. 10 x 7 x 5 cm.
 Viewed:  28571 Time(s)

ORPIMENT 1.jpg

ORPIMENT 2.jpg
 Description:
Orpiment. Shimen Mine, Shimen County, Changde Prefecture, Hunan Province, China. 10 x 7 x 5 cm.
 Viewed:  28586 Time(s)

ORPIMENT 2.jpg

ORPIMENT 3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28577 Time(s)

ORPIMENT 3.jpg

ORPIMENT 4.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28583 Time(s)

ORPIMENT 4.jpg

ORPIMENT 5.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28636 Time(s)

ORPIMENT 5.jpg

ORPIMENT 6.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28594 Time(s)

ORPIMENT 6.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 18:12    Post subject: Re: Samuel's Collection  

I thought it appropriate to post a few happy shots of another of my solitary stibnite crystals. Like the other this one is well terminated and heavily striated. The luster is like a silver mirror. It hails from Wuning mine, near Qingjian village, Mt. Tuobei, Wuning County, Jiangxi, China. 28 x 1.5 x 1 cm.

BIG STIBNITE.jpg
 Description:
Stibnite. Wuning mine, near Qingjian village, Mt. Tuobei, Wuning County, Jiangxi, China. 28 x 1.5 x 1 cm.
 Viewed:  28498 Time(s)

BIG STIBNITE.jpg

BIG STIBNITE 2.jpg
 Description:
Stibnite. Wuning mine, near Qingjian village, Mt. Tuobei, Wuning County, Jiangxi, China. 28 x 1.5 x 1 cm.
 Viewed:  28501 Time(s)

BIG STIBNITE 2.jpg

BIG STIBNITE 3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28489 Time(s)

BIG STIBNITE 3.jpg

BIG STIBNITE 4.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28494 Time(s)

BIG STIBNITE 4.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 18:41    Post subject: Michigan Copper - Samuel's Collection  

Featured below is another of my “ore” samples. This one is a native copper from Michigan. There are no distinct crystals that I can see, but it has a lovely luster and a nice hackly surface texture. It hails from the Caledonia Mine, Mass City, Ontonagon County, Michigan, U.S.A. 12 x 7 x 6 cm.

COPPER 1.jpg
 Description:
Copper, Caledonia Mine, Mass City, Ontonagon County, Michigan, U.S.A. 12 x 7 x 6 cm.
 Viewed:  28465 Time(s)

COPPER 1.jpg

COPPER 2.jpg
 Description:
Copper, Caledonia Mine, Mass City, Ontonagon County, Michigan, U.S.A. 12 x 7 x 6 cm.
 Viewed:  28496 Time(s)

COPPER 2.jpg

COPPER 3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28492 Time(s)

COPPER 3.jpg

COPPER 4.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28521 Time(s)

COPPER 4.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 19:18    Post subject: Re: Samuel's Collection  

I do not have a large selection of Mexican minerals, only one in fact Boulangerite. I am planning to get some Mexican Wulfenite, Mimetite, Malachite and Azurite in the coming months. But for now I would like to present a lovely specimen of Boulangerite on Matrix. The specimen is covered in a thick mat of fine grey hairs and I mean thick. The matrix is quartz I surmise and the other mineral present is Pyrite. It hails from Mina Noche Buena. Noche Buena, Municipio de Mazapil, Zacatecas, Mexico. 12 x 10 x 8 cm.

BOULANGERITE 1.jpg
 Description:
Boulangerite on matrix. Mina Noche Buena. Noche Buena, Municipio de Mazapil, Zacatecas, Mexico. 12 x 10 x 8 cm.
 Viewed:  28540 Time(s)

BOULANGERITE 1.jpg

BOULANGERITE 2.jpg
 Description:
Boulangerite on matrix. Mina Noche Buena. Noche Buena, Municipio de Mazapil, Zacatecas, Mexico. 12 x 10 x 8 cm.
 Viewed:  28570 Time(s)

BOULANGERITE 2.jpg

BOULANGERITE 3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28559 Time(s)

BOULANGERITE 3.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 20:06    Post subject: Needle Quartz - Samuel's Collection  

Featured below is a Peruvian Hedge-hog, the typical needle quartz crystals with attendant sulphides – in this instance Sphalerite. However on closer inspection there is another mineral present – chalcopyrite, but coated with a grey mineral. I surmise the coating is Tetrahedrite, but not yet proven. Once I know what minerals are present I am going to work on a chemical method to remove the coating and exposure the Chalcopyrite crystal. A specimen featuring Chalcopyrite with Sphalerite on needle quartz would be real “eye-candy” in my opinion. It hails from the Animon Mine, San Jose Huayallay District, Daniel Alcides Carrion Province, Pasco Department, Peru. 10 x 8 x 6 cm.

ANIMON SPHALERITE 1.JPG
 Description:
Sphalerite with Chalcopyrite on Quartz. Animon Mine, San Jose Huayallay District, Daniel Alcides Carrion Province, Pasco Department, Peru. 10 x 8 x 6 cm.
 Viewed:  28539 Time(s)

ANIMON SPHALERITE 1.JPG

ANIMON SPHALERITE CLOSE UP 1.JPG
 Description:
Sphalerite with Chalcopyrite on Quartz. Animon Mine, San Jose Huayallay District, Daniel Alcides Carrion Province, Pasco Department, Peru. 10 x 8 x 6 cm.
 Viewed:  28524 Time(s)

ANIMON SPHALERITE CLOSE UP 1.JPG

ANIMON SPHALERITE CLOSE UP 2.JPG
 Description:
 Viewed:  28541 Time(s)

ANIMON SPHALERITE CLOSE UP 2.JPG

ANIMON SPHALERITE CLOSE UP 3.JPG
 Description:
 Viewed:  28557 Time(s)

ANIMON SPHALERITE CLOSE UP 3.JPG

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 22:37    Post subject: Y-12 Girls - Samuel's Collection  

As most of you probably know I have a keen interest in the history of technology. Featured below is a book I was given by the Bradbury Science Museum at the Los Alamos National laboratory only recently. It is a fascinating historical account of the making of the first atomic bombs, and published by the US Department of Energy.

I discovered the other day that a very large shipment of pitchblende from the Congo was stored on Staten Island and later used in the production of U235 for the first atom bomb. The site still exists but few public officials talk about it.

What I find very fascinating in the book are the pictures of the men, women and children. People were so much slimmer back then, and it was not due to war rationing. I have seen similar photos from the 30’s. I am afraid our hectic lives, lack of exercise and love of fatty food is going to kill us – literally!

BOOK 1.jpg
 Description:
The Book
 Viewed:  28539 Time(s)

BOOK 1.jpg

BOOK 2.jpg
 Description:
The Y-12 Girls
 Viewed:  28487 Time(s)

BOOK 2.jpg

BOOK 3.jpg
 Description:
Things that go boom!!!
 Viewed:  28507 Time(s)

BOOK 3.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2011 18:13    Post subject: Re: Samuel's Collection  

Featured below is my Shilu Mine Azurite. I posted a picture a few weeks ago but I felt it did not do the piece justice, so I have taken a few “Kodak moments” with my new camera. I have included a few close-up shots which show just how impressive the piece is in my opinion. It has the most amazing luster and morphology and the colour is just great. It hails from the Shilu Mine, Yangchun County, Yangjiang, Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China. 6 x 3.5 x 3.5 cm.

If anyone is interested in making their own professional stands please let me know. I have got the acrylic sheets, wood, Dremel router bits and the special acrylic glue called “Acrifix 192” so when I have got the technique right I will post the procedure in another thread.

AZURITE 1.jpg
 Description:
Azurite. Shilu Mine, Yangchun County, Yangjiang, Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China. 6 x 3.5 x 3.5 cm.
 Viewed:  28462 Time(s)

AZURITE 1.jpg

AZURITE 2.jpg
 Description:
Azurite. Shilu Mine, Yangchun County, Yangjiang, Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China. 6 x 3.5 x 3.5 cm.
 Viewed:  28453 Time(s)

AZURITE 2.jpg

AZURITE 3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28465 Time(s)

AZURITE 3.jpg

AZURITE 4.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28459 Time(s)

AZURITE 4.jpg

AZURITE 5.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28451 Time(s)

AZURITE 5.jpg

AZURITE 6.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28491 Time(s)

AZURITE 6.jpg

AZURITE 7.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28466 Time(s)

AZURITE 7.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2011 18:48    Post subject: Chinese Gifts - Samuel's Collection  

Sometimes when I open my packages from China I find a little surprise. Featured below are some of the surprises I have been given. The octahedral fluorites are your typical cleavage pieces but still nice. The sphere is just cute in my opinion and the Scheelite is natural, not a cleavage piece. I keep them on my desk – they have good karma! The sphere is about 5cm diameter, which gives an idea of the sizes of the other pieces.

GIFTS.jpg
 Description:
Gifts
 Viewed:  28437 Time(s)

GIFTS.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2011 19:25    Post subject: Peruvian Bournonite - Samuel's Collection  

Featured below is one of my Peruvian Bournonites – ex Jack Crowley. The matrix is massive Bournonite on which a nice cluster of Bournonites have grown. There are also some quartz crystals. I suspect it comes from the Riqueza Mine, but this is not definite, but will remain on the label until I know its actual locality. Many of the Bournonites have the classic “cog wheel” morphology. It hails from the Riqueza Mine, Pachapaqui District, Bolognesi Province, Ancash Department, Peru. 9 x 6 x 6 cm.

BOURNONITE 1.jpg
 Description:
Bournonite. Riqueza Mine, Pachapaqui District, Bolognesi Province, Ancash Department, Peru. 9 x 6 x 6 cm.
 Viewed:  28425 Time(s)

BOURNONITE 1.jpg

BOURNONITE 2.jpg
 Description:
Bournonite. Riqueza Mine, Pachapaqui District, Bolognesi Province, Ancash Department, Peru. 9 x 6 x 6 cm.
 Viewed:  28420 Time(s)

BOURNONITE 2.jpg

BOURNONITE 3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28417 Time(s)

BOURNONITE 3.jpg

BOURNONITE 4.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28429 Time(s)

BOURNONITE 4.jpg

Lumaes

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2011 23:40    Post subject: Huge Calcite - Samuel's Collection  

I felt it appropriate to post some more photos of the Calcite specimen I showed a few weeks ago. It has the most amazing form and the luster is just great – silky. The piece looks like a white cloud or coral and so has much “eye-candy” appeal. It hails from the Wenshan Mine, Dulong Ore Field, Wenshan County, Wenshan Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China. 18 x 15 x 10 cm.

CALCITE 1.jpg
 Description:
Calcite. Wenshan Mine, Dulong Ore Field, Wenshan County, Wenshan Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China. 18 x 10 x 9 cm.
 Viewed:  28332 Time(s)

CALCITE 1.jpg

CALCITE 2.jpg
 Description:
Calcite. Wenshan Mine, Dulong Ore Field, Wenshan County, Wenshan Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China. 18 x 10 x 9 cm.
 Viewed:  28367 Time(s)

CALCITE 2.jpg

CALCITE 3.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28321 Time(s)

CALCITE 3.jpg

CALCITE 4.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28327 Time(s)

CALCITE 4.jpg

CALCITE 5.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28358 Time(s)

CALCITE 5.jpg

CALCITE 6.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28343 Time(s)

CALCITE 6.jpg

CALCITE 7.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28335 Time(s)

CALCITE 7.jpg

CALCITE 8.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28344 Time(s)

CALCITE 8.jpg

CALCITE 9.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  28333 Time(s)

CALCITE 9.jpg

Index -> Collection photos and Collector's page   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 10 of 11
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  

Jump to: