We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
04 Jun-08:39:41 Re: collection of michael shaw - malachite (Michael Shaw)
04 Jun-01:49:14 Re: the mizunaka collection (Jordi Fabre)
03 Jun-21:44:21 The mizunaka collection - stibnite (Am Mizunaka)
03 Jun-06:16:31 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
02 Jun-13:39:20 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
02 Jun-08:51:39 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
02 Jun-02:27:53 The mizunaka collection - rhodchrosite (Am Mizunaka)
02 Jun-01:36:07 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
02 Jun-01:17:41 Re: is this a rhyolite matrix with calcite and smoky quartz? (Volkmar Stingl)
01 Jun-22:11:04 Re: is this a rhyolite matrix with calcite and smoky quartz? (Roger Warin)
01 Jun-20:02:10 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Alfredo)
01 Jun-10:24:08 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
01 Jun-10:21:30 Is malachite rare? (Matt_zukowski)
01 Jun-09:51:59 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Matt_zukowski)
01 Jun-09:21:32 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
01 Jun-07:40:50 Re: mineral identification tips (Cascaillou)
31 May-16:04:59 Is this a rhyolite matrix with calcite and smoky quartz? (Gk68)
31 May-15:40:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
31 May-15:40:12 Re: is this dolomite-pyrite-siderite? (Gk68)
31 May-09:28:53 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
31 May-08:49:08 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Alfredo)
31 May-07:33:18 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
31 May-07:26:07 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (James Catmur)
31 May-06:33:57 Is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
30 May-22:57:14 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Jun 04, 2024 12:01

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Latest find at Jackson Crossroads

Index -> Mines and Mineral Localities

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jason

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2009 00:42    Post subject: Latest find at Jackson Crossroads  

Here is my latest find at Jackson Crossroads amethyst mine. I found this big chunk of mud and pocket clay last Monday. When I wiped off some of the mud a couple crystal faces showed up. I was going to store this one for a rainy day and then mess with it but the anticipation was to much. This is probably in my top 3 best finds from there.

JXR-mudball ammy(2).jpg
 Description:
Here is the original mudball. i didn't mess with it until I brought it home. i knw it had to be something good
 Viewed:  7258 Time(s)

JXR-mudball ammy(2).jpg

ammy po(1).jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  7265 Time(s)

ammy po(1).jpg

ammy po(2).jpg
 Description:
Good single crystal on a bed of druzy quartz. You can see on the right side where another crystal had grown up against it..I wonder where that one is...hmmmm
 Viewed:  7245 Time(s)

ammy po(2).jpg

ammy po(3).jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  7260 Time(s)

ammy po(3).jpg

ammy po(4).jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  7242 Time(s)

ammy po(4).jpg

ammy po(5).jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  7257 Time(s)

ammy po(5).jpg

ammy po(7).jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  7252 Time(s)

ammy po(7).jpg

cuting ammy(8).jpg
 Description:
I am in the process of cutting the bottom of this matrix piece so it form a base to sit right for display purposes. i will take my time on this one. No slab saw or rock vise I have to use a tile saw.
 Viewed:  7254 Time(s)

cuting ammy(8).jpg

JXR-phantom(1).jpg
 Description:
This is another cool find that I found the same day as the crystal above. This is one of my individual favorites from there. it;'s pretty unique for JXR. it has a little of everything except maybe an enhydro...It has a smokey phantom, growth lines(looks like zebra stripes), purple "flame"(color zoning that looks like wisp or flames of purple), and a cool little mini crystal that formed completely inside of the main crystal. The little minicrystal inside looks nicely formed with all it's z and r faces but no m faces..hmm..strange never found one of these before
 Viewed:  7232 Time(s)

JXR-phantom(1).jpg

JXR-phantom(2).jpg
 Description:
This is the same crystal as the pic above. You can see the smokey phantom and the purple "
flame" in this pic. The small mini crystal that is inside this crystal is hard to see due to light refraction but it's toward the bottom right.
 Viewed:  7232 Time(s)

JXR-phantom(2).jpg

Reply to topic Reply with quote

gemlover

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2009 01:05    Post subject: Re: Latest find at Jackson Crossroads  

Great samples Jason, and your photography skills are improving rapidly.

John

Jason

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2009 20:22    Post subject: Re: Latest find at Jackson Crossroads  

Thanks John, I watched Mr. Modreski's speech in San Fran and he had a nice JXR cluster he used in his presentation. Maybe one day I will crack open a rock and find something like that. I have seen it done

Index -> Mines and Mineral Localities   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: