We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
18 Mar-08:12:52 Green seam. Looks like it in a state of decay. (Ning)
18 Mar-06:47:13 Mineralogy & museums 10 - cardiff - 12th-13th august 2024 (Roy Starkey)
18 Mar-02:50:32 Re: collection from dany mabillard (Dany Mabillard)
17 Mar-01:57:58 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
15 Mar-14:27:47 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
15 Mar-13:49:04 Re: collection of firmo espinar (Firmo Espinar)
15 Mar-09:18:42 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
15 Mar-03:45:43 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-21:29:31 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
14 Mar-14:47:27 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-13:56:01 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
14 Mar-11:24:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Jordi Fabre)
14 Mar-08:55:22 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
14 Mar-08:44:47 Re: the mim museum in beirut, lebanon (Mim Museum)
14 Mar-07:24:12 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
14 Mar-02:30:15 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
14 Mar-02:20:37 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Tobi)
13 Mar-23:40:08 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
13 Mar-14:22:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
13 Mar-14:02:43 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
13 Mar-00:57:48 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
12 Mar-07:36:06 Re: can you recommend a lab to analyse specimens (Luiz Oliveira)
11 Mar-16:19:18 Re: collection of philippe durand (Riccardo Modanesi)
11 Mar-15:18:26 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)
11 Mar-15:13:07 Re: collection of philippe durand (Philippe Durand)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Mar 19, 2024 01:09

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?
  Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Index -> Mineral Shows by Gail Spann

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Gail

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 07:26    Post subject: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Time to announce this annual gathering of FMF followers at Casa Vicente on February 9, 2012. Our host, nice fellow that he is, will be wining and dining us in fine fashion.
It's a great chance to meet Jordi, if you haven't yet, and to visit with many of the people you see posting on here.
We'd like to get a head count if at all possible? Jim and I will be there.
It will be a fun evening in a relaxed setting, casual attire is fine.

I have changed the date on this message to Thursday, February 9th. Jordi and I are combining evening events into one large gathering as many of the same people would have come to both anyhow.
This will now be a joint FMF and "Meet the Curators, hosted by the Spanns" event at Casa Vicente.

If you have attended an FMF Tucson gathering before, then you are invited to this evening. If not, please P.M. Jordi to request an invitation. If you wish to bring a guest, again....ask Jordi. ( we are limited by space after all....)
I will send invitations to the SMMP group and will deal with my rsvp's

Sorry about the mix up. Feel free to message me with any questions?

crocoite

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 07:37    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Count me in! I really enjoyed the last one.

Regards
Steve
Reply to topic Reply with quote

vic rzonca

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 07:48    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

If the Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, (or dry up, as the case may be) Cindy and I will be there, someone needs to photograph the photographer (Gail). How many thousand shots did you take last year Gail? Or is it millions?

Gail

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 08:10    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

It was a lot, up to 800 a day at times. I really enjoy the fun of Tucson!

vic rzonca

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 08:27    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Yikes, if my math is right, that 's 1.111111 shot every 2 minutes in 24 hours. Monumental! What service, what devotion, somebody hand that girl some new CF cards.

Peter Megaw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 10:51    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Since that's the night before set up of the Main Show, it should work for me this year. Count me in!

Peter

Joan Kureczka

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 12:26    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Tuesday should work for Jesse, Ian and myself, so please count us in the tally.

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 12:36    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

A new thing. As Gail will do the Mineral Museum Professional party too -> https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?p=18863#18863 , we are talking to combine both at the same time since it's a lot of the same people and it would be nice to meet everybody in one single meeting.

The Museum's party should be Thursday at 8:00 PM (also in Casa Vicente) because it is right after the Society of Mineral Museum Professionals meeting and all the Curators will be in town by then.

FMFers, if we move our party to Thursday 6 to 8 PM, so the whole party would be six till nine (with the Museum's party part starting mostly after 8:00 PM) could you attend?

Jordi

Gail

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 12:44    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Jordi Fabre wrote:

A new thing. As Gail will do the Mineral Museum Professional party too -> https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?p=18863#18863 , we are talking to combine both at the same time since it's a lot of the same people and it would be nice to meet everybody in one single meeting.

The Museum's party should be Thursday at 8:00 PM (also in Casa Vicente) because it is right after the Society of Mineral Museum Professionals meeting and all the Curators will be in town by then.

FMFers, if we move our party to Thursday 6 to 8 PM, so the whole party would be six till nine (with the Museum's party part mostly after 8:00 PM) could you attend?

Jordi

Or we can just make it all at the same time and not worry about time frames! It is a drop in party anyhow. We are asking that it is a closed, by invitation only, gathering as we will have quite a few people as you might guess, and it can get expensive if uninvited people come. So please, if you think you might bring a guest, check with Jordi first by Private Message?

Maxilos

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 13:55    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Sorry, I feel bad to bring the first bad news. I would like to go, but I can't, it's a little bit to expensive for a 16 year old person who lives in the Netherlands.

Mark

Peter

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 14:19    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Coming Tucson booth I and my wife Nadia would love to come to your party!
Peter

Gail

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 14:57    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Maxilos wrote:
Sorry, I feel bad to bring the first bad news. I would like to go, but I can't, it's a little bit to expensive for a 16 year old person who lives in the Netherlands.

Mark

All the better for when you do make it one day. Looking forward to it!

Ed Huskinson

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 18:01    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Thursday night is judging for the competitive cases. Set-up is Wednesday night. The only night available to the judging staff would be Tuesday, as originally planned. Just saying.

Ed in Kingman

Gail

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 19:53    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

I know Ed, and we apologize for that. Just thought we would combine resources and make it one big bash.

Linda Smith

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2011 20:31    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

I am attending so I hope to see you in Tucson.

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2011 01:32    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Ed Huskinson wrote:

Thursday night is judging for the competitive cases. Set-up is Wednesday night. The only night available to the judging staff would be Tuesday, as originally planned. Just saying.

Ed in Kingman

Sorry Ed, not chance between 6 to 9 Thursday?
I mean, maybe you and the other members of the judging staff could attend early or late?

Ed Huskinson

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2011 13:39    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Jordi: judging starts as soon as the public leaves the convention center and goes until we are finished. It takes two to three hours (sometimes more) to do the job, and then we decompress for a bit, usually at El Minuto. I cannot speak for all of the other judges, but I'm pretty sure that to try to get to any other venue would work a hardship on the judging staff. Generally at Tucson, from Wednesday night onward, my time is pretty much spoken for. Regardless of all this, I'll still see you in your booth.

All best wishes,

Ed (and the other judges)

Oh, it may be that Les will weigh in on this, so this may not be graved in stone yet. (To borrow from Peter Megaw).

Maxilos

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2011 14:53    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Gail wrote:

All the better for when you do make it one day. Looking forward to it!

Yes, me too, I would like to see all those persons I'm actualy talking to! Maybe in a few years.

Mark

mmauthner

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2011 11:06    Post subject: Re: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming?  

Count me in, please!

See you all there!

Mark

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2011 11:23    Post subject: FMF party in Tucson, 2012. You coming? - Recapitulation  

The reasons for the change of the "FMF party" to "FMF - Mineral Museum Professional Party" is the unique opportunity, one time each year, to combine the curators of the most important museums in the world with members of an online Forum where every level of knowledge/interest in minerals is represented.

This is an idea that I have long coveted, so taking advantage of the good luck that we had two different parties separated by only two days, and that both parties occur in the same place (Casa Vicente Restaurant in Tucson), in 2012 we will try a kind of fusion of all different elements in a relaxed atmosphere and friendly environment. I'm excited by this idea because with it I hope to bring together different mineralogical classes.

After I announced that the regular FMF party would be on Tuesday and then Gail edited the post clarifying the new status ( https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?p=18928#18928 ), there may have been some confusion, so this post is to definitely confirm the "FMF - Mineral Museum Professional Party" in Casa Vicente ( https://www.casavicente.com ) on Thursday, February 9th, 6-9 PM.

To attend it, everybody who attended the FMF party in past years is automatically invited, but please publish in FMF or send to me a PM confirming your intention to attend as well as the name of any guest. Other members of FMF will also be welcome, but please send a PM to me to confirm the invitation. Gail will work with her own Museum's list and she and I will also generate some "wild card invitations" for other people, so we are sure it will be a great party. We won't renounce the "informal" atmosphere we had in past years, but it will be just more fascinating people all together!

I am really sorry if for some people the change means they cannot attend, like the judges of the competitive cases at the Main Show. The Tucson Show is a giant monster and it is impossible to satisfy everybody because everyday unanticipated things happen. Anyway, we hope that the time frame of 6-9 PM will be long enough that at least a short visit to say Hi can be done.

If I'm not wrong, at the moment we now have eight people confirmed: Peter Lyckberg and Nadia, Linda Smith, John White, Mark Mauthner, Jordi Deusedes, Jordi Fabre and Gail Spann, and we need a re-confirm for Thursday from Steve Sorrell, Peter Megaw, Vic Rzonca, Cindy, Joan, Jesse and Ian.

There is a possibility that the crowd will be too large so that the service will be very slow and there will not be enough room for a group of that size. Actually, the museum people (SMMP) have a meeting the same day between 4 and 5 so they are likely to arrive at the party late, which means that everybody will not arrive at the same time. Additionally we will reserve the entire restautant so all service will be available for our party.

Let's try it this year and see what happens but I am sure the new party will be GREAT! ;-)

Jordi

Index -> Mineral Shows by Gail Spann   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 3
  Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: