We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
04 Jun-15:27:00 Re: the mizunaka collection - stibnite (Am Mizunaka)
04 Jun-08:39:41 Re: collection of michael shaw - malachite (Michael Shaw)
04 Jun-01:49:14 Re: the mizunaka collection (Jordi Fabre)
03 Jun-21:44:21 The mizunaka collection - stibnite (Am Mizunaka)
03 Jun-06:16:31 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
02 Jun-13:39:20 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
02 Jun-08:51:39 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
02 Jun-02:27:53 The mizunaka collection - rhodchrosite (Am Mizunaka)
02 Jun-01:36:07 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
02 Jun-01:17:41 Re: is this a rhyolite matrix with calcite and smoky quartz? (Volkmar Stingl)
01 Jun-22:11:04 Re: is this a rhyolite matrix with calcite and smoky quartz? (Roger Warin)
01 Jun-20:02:10 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Alfredo)
01 Jun-10:24:08 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
01 Jun-10:21:30 Is malachite rare? (Matt_zukowski)
01 Jun-09:51:59 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Matt_zukowski)
01 Jun-09:21:32 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
01 Jun-07:40:50 Re: mineral identification tips (Cascaillou)
31 May-16:04:59 Is this a rhyolite matrix with calcite and smoky quartz? (Gk68)
31 May-15:40:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
31 May-15:40:12 Re: is this dolomite-pyrite-siderite? (Gk68)
31 May-09:28:53 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
31 May-08:49:08 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Alfredo)
31 May-07:33:18 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
31 May-07:26:07 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (James Catmur)
31 May-06:33:57 Is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Jun 04, 2024 18:23

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
I'm a workaholic from China

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

chinamineral

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2012 12:15    Post subject: I'm a workaholic from China  

Hi everybody

I'm Eric. I am from Hunan, China. Hunan is my home. I was born and raised there. It is the most beautiful place in China. You are welcome to visit me anytime. I'd be glad to show you around the town.

Now I am a mineral collector, working in Hunan, Yaogangxian mine. My job is to seek new mineral specimens. I enjoy the job very much, because mineral collection is very interesting work. So if anyone here is interested in minerals, please let me know. We can spend hours talking about minerals. Minerals are not only my job, they are also my hobby!

This is my fist time. Everything here is new and exciting to me and I'm really impressed with the spirit of initiative. I hope I can get used to it soon with your kind help. I'm looking forward to studying with you and becoming friends with you. I hope share the same happy moments with you. Thank you.

Cheers
Eric
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gail

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2012 12:31    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

Hello!
As long as you don't try to sell us any minerals, then we will get along fine.
We don't sell things on here, this is Jordi's site and he is a dealer, we respect that greatly.
Cheers, Gail

chinamineral

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2012 13:48    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

Gail wrote:
Hello!
We don't sell things on here, this is Jordi's site and he is a dealer, we respect that greatly.
Cheers, Gail

Hello, Gail!

I'm very glad to meet you.

Thanks for the warning. I just want to understand all kinds of minerals. : )

Cheers
Eric

Peter

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2012 14:09    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

Nihau Eric

I am pleased to see a chinese collector here. That you also work in one of the most highly specimen producing mines is an extra bonus to all interested in minerals!!!

Welcome!
Peter

Antonio Alcaide
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2012 17:47    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

Gail wrote:
Hello!
Cheers, Gail

Well, I hope my English let me explain properly.

Once Jordi had a dream. The dream grew and became FMF. And FMF is a space for all the mineral lovers as well as a site for the mineral knowledge and Science. Of course Jordi is a dealer, but not only a dealer. I do not think about Jordi as a dealer, but I do think he is passionate about minerals. All over the net there are many commercial sites, but FMF must be remain as it is.

Once FMF was the dream of a man devoted to minerals. Now FMF does not owe anything to anybody, even to Jordi, but to everybody -beginning with Jordi of course-, to all of you who every day contribute. Not a dream yet, but a reality.

Thank you, Gail, for your permanent contribution and welcome, Eric, while you want to join our community following its rules that can be summarized in one: just minerals.

Best regards.

vic rzonca

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2012 20:10    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

Well said, Antonio. Jordi, is at first a seeker. And welcome to Chinamineral-workaholic. Great avocation, hunting the vastness of your home for the marvels from the ground. Another seeker. Please carry on!

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2012 01:18    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

Well said Antonio. Thanks to both Gail and Antonio.

Tobi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2012 01:27    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

Hi Eric,

Though i also don't want any commercial offers via FMF, i want to welcome you here. Minerals from China are among my favourites, so i would like to see some stuff from your private collection.

Cheers!

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2012 07:48    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

Hi to everybody! Welcome, Chinaminerals!
Ok some of us are also dealers, there is nothing bad about it. But let me say there is a big big difference between a dealer (and nothing else but it) and an appassionate. Once I was in a gemstone shop and the employer showed me some specimen I already had, trying to sell me as many as possible of them. By listening to her, it seemed to me she read a list of her shopping! I was about to yawn and sleep! Half an hour later the old owner came there (this time an appassionate more than a dealer!) and he showed me many more specimen (even uncommon gemstones, not only the so-called "four great", i.e. diamond, ruby, sapphire and emerald!). The result was I spent some 400 € (that time 800 DM) by buying some of those stones I still have in my collection!
Here is the difference: a dealer introduces you a stone like any other object, an appassionate does it by showing you he/she loves stones truly!
I hope I didn't make an offence to anybody. Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Peter

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2012 08:58    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

Spot on Riccardo!
Peter

chinamineral

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2012 11:36    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

Peter wrote:
Nihau Eric

I am pleased to see a chinese collector here. That you also work in one of the most highly specimen producing mines is an extra bonus to all interested in minerals!!!

Welcome!
Peter

Nihau Peter

Thanks a million. It is famous for its fine mineral specimens. It is a treasure of China that should be shared with the whole world!

Cheers
Eric

chinamineral

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2012 11:47    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

Antonio Alcaide wrote:
Gail wrote:
Hello!
Cheers, Gail

Well, I hope my English let me explain properly.

Once Jordi had a dream. The dream grew and became FMF. And FMF is a space for all the mineral lovers as well as a site for the mineral knowledge and Science. Of course Jordi is a dealer, but not only a dealer. I do not think about Jordi as a dealer, but I do think he is passionate about minerals. All over the net there are many commercial sites, but FMF must be remain as it is.

Once FMF was the dream of a man devoted to minerals. Now FMF does not owe anything to anybody, even to Jordi, but to everybody -beginning with Jordi of course-, to all of you who every day contribute. Not a dream yet, but a reality.

Thank you, Gail, for your permanent contribution and welcome, Eric, while you want to join our community following its rules that can be summarized in one: just minerals.

Best regards.

Hello Antonio

You've got a point there. I understand completely. I couldn't agree more. Just minerals! I'll keep that in mind. Thank you very much and have a good day!

Cheers
Eric

Antonio Alcaide
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2012 16:20    Post subject: Re: I'm a workaholic from China  

You are welcome, Eric.

Best wishes

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: