We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
15 Jun-14:31:54 Re: the mizunaka collection - scepter quartz (Am Mizunaka)
15 Jun-01:16:27 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
15 Jun-01:11:55 Re: the mizunaka collection (Volkmar Stingl)
14 Jun-22:27:30 The mizunaka collection - quartz scepter (Am Mizunaka)
14 Jun-21:37:14 Re: monthly mineral chronicles, mineral guides and more... (Crocoite)
13 Jun-17:23:43 Cimge nanjing - some reflections on this show: (Jordi Fabre)
13 Jun-10:21:15 Re: contributions of dr. C. Menor-salván - the chromate-rich mimetite from nakhlak - (48) (Fmf Forum)
13 Jun-10:20:35 Re: contributions of dr. C. Menor-salván - the chromate-rich mimetite from nakhlak - (48) (Fmf Forum)
13 Jun-10:18:48 Contributions of dr. C. Menor-salván - the chromate-rich mimetite from nakhlak - (48) (Fmf Forum)
12 Jun-09:50:48 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
11 Jun-19:14:54 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
11 Jun-13:17:10 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
10 Jun-02:26:56 Re: the mizunaka collection (Am Mizunaka)
09 Jun-14:17:09 Re: the mizunaka collection (Philippe Durand)
09 Jun-10:54:06 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
09 Jun-08:26:55 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
09 Jun-07:47:35 Inclusion of pezzotaite in quartz (Roger Warin)
07 Jun-23:58:23 Re: cimge nanjing (Greg Lilly)
07 Jun-23:47:05 Cimge nanjing (Greg Lilly)
07 Jun-16:01:20 Re: the mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
07 Jun-09:00:55 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
07 Jun-08:52:17 Re: the mizunaka collection (Michael Shaw)
07 Jun-03:44:17 The mizunaka collection - rhodochrosite (Am Mizunaka)
05 Jun-22:25:48 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
05 Jun-08:45:41 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Jun 16, 2024 05:35

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
The Marrakech Show canceled!!!

Index -> Mineral Shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2010 09:32    Post subject: The Marrakech Show canceled!!!  

As I mentioned in my columns about Ste. Marie Show 2010 -> https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?p=12204#12204 the next year will run, for the first time in Morocco, two Mineral Shows, one in Midelt and the other in Marrakech.

I added also here the brochures of both Shows in order to display them better. The scan of the Marrakech Show's brochure has very poor quality, but as they still haven't a date, I believe that the more or less visible email address is enough for the moment.

Midelt-Show-A.jpg
 Description:
Front of the Midelt Show brochure
 Viewed:  31727 Time(s)

Midelt-Show-A.jpg

Midelt-Show-B.jpg
 Description:
Rear
 Viewed:  31662 Time(s)

Midelt-Show-B.jpg

Marrakech-Mineral-A.jpg
 Description:
Front of the Marrakech Show brochure
 Viewed:  31710 Time(s)

Marrakech-Mineral-A.jpg

Marrakech-Mineral-B.jpg
 Description:
Rear
 Viewed:  31658 Time(s)

Marrakech-Mineral-B.jpg

Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jan Erik

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2010 04:13    Post subject: Re: First ever Mineral Shows (two) in Morocco  

This sounds terrific! Mineral shows in Morocco. Not only one, but two. And for the first time. I really do hope this will work out for both the Moroccans who is arranging the shows, but also foreign dealers to take part in the shows.

For myself I can just say that I will be there, at least at one of the shows. The Marrakech show is still without a date, so lets hope it will come out in good time. But the Midelt show, the Mecca of minerals in Morocco will hopefully show up in all it´s pride. Good luck to all of you involved to both shows.

Forum writers and viewers: Lets take part next year!

Jan Erik

PostPosted: Mar 11, 2011 04:16    Post subject: Moroccan Mineral Shows  

Hello everybody.

As stated by Jordi in his report from the Sainte Marie aux Mine Show last year, there should be at least two mineral shows in Morocco this year.
One in Midelt, from the 29th of May to the 6th of June. And one in Marrakech, not settled any date at all.

Does any of you Forum members have any ideas about these shows? Are they coming up as planned or have plans changes?

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2011 09:13    Post subject: Re: First ever Mineral Shows (two) in Morocco  

Sorry Jan Erik, but after an intensive research I can't supply more infos about these (alleged) two Shows.

Not news in Tucson about them, neither on line, so the best I can do is suggest to you to send an email to the email address mentioned in the banner: mideltshow@gmail.com and if you get answer please share it with us.

Jordi

alfredo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2011 10:31    Post subject: Re: First ever Mineral Shows (two) in Morocco  

An observation about "Third World" mineral shows in general (and not specifically about Morocco, which I have no knowledge about at all):

If the organizers allow participation by those small local dealers and miners who can not afford to travel to Tucson, Ste Marie or Munich, then it can be worthwhile for "northern" collectors and dealers to make the long trip and have the opportunity to select fresh material at cheaper prices, sometimes from new, unusual and obscure localities.

Unfortunately, what you more often get is a small clique of top dealers in that country, the same people who bring their rocks to Munich, Ste Marie and Tucson, monopolizing the event and keeping the small producers out. In that case the northern collector is just wasting their travel money, will be unlikely to see much that is new, and will probably see prices no cheaper than in "northern" shows, and probably won't even get to see the best pieces, as the sellers "reserve" these to show at the more "important" shows in Europe and America!

So anyone planning to attend such a event is advised to ask for a complete dealer list in advance. If you don't see a lot of new names on there, it probably won't be worth going.

Tomasz Praszkier

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2011 10:44    Post subject: Re: First ever Mineral Shows (two) in Morocco  

I agree with Alfredo - I am sure it will be the same in Morocco. Recently there is no problem for Moroccan dealers to go to Western shows and many of them are in Sainte Marie and Munich. It is also sure that they will not allow to participate miners and small local dealers - thats a style of business in morocco.
BTW I was talking about 2 weeks ago with Rachid about some plans for the future and he do not mentioned that he still think about organizing show in his hotel.

Best regards
Tomek

Jan Erik

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2011 05:45    Post subject: Re: First ever Mineral Shows (two) in Morocco  

Thanks Jordi for your research around these two shows. It was not a very big surprice that you have not heard anything about them. Arranging mineral shows for the first time in Morocco will take some other forces that maybe is normal in our part of the world. I am not that familiar with the Moroccan way of doing buisness. But since the show would been held in Morocco, I am sure new things and nice things would have been showed up.

But I am not sure that I would have gone to Morocco only for a mineral show. I would have combined it with other things like visiting famous mines, places, all sort of things actually. Morocco is a beaurtiful country. But maybe the thought of a mineral show in that country is much more exciting than the reality. So lets see. Anyway: I will send an e-mail to the Midelt show. If I got any answers I will of cause tell you.

Jan Erik

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2011 15:33    Post subject: Re: First ever Mineral Shows (two) in Morocco  

Hello everybody.

We have now had the 1th Mindat.org conference in Lwowek Slaski, Poland. A really nice conference with field trips, speaches and workshops for all tastes. Well organised, geat people, lots of fun and a great place. People from all over the world got togheter and I must say that for me it was nice to meet and see such a nice bunch of people. Thanks to everybody who was there and make this conference so great!

This was the first one in hopefully many conferences in the future. The second mindat conference is going to be held in Morocco, Midelt, probably in November month next year. Hope to see you there!

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Jan 06, 2013 16:37    Post subject: First ever Mineral Show in Morocco!  

Finally a Mineral Show will run in Morocco!

We received a message from the organization of the first Mineral Show in Morocco that it will run in Marrakech. I copy below the message received as well as the two images they sent.

Good luck with the Show!:

This is Morroco's first international exhibition of minerals and will take place at the Mansour Eddahbi Palais des Congres from the 22nd to the 26th April 2013. Just five minutes from the city center and three kilometers from Menara airport, the various exhibition rooms are both secure and well appointed. The strong potential for tourism in the city, together with a carefully selected clientele, will enable you to discover new markets.

Best regards

First ever Mineral Show in Morocco - Marrakech.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  26391 Time(s)

First ever Mineral Show in Morocco - Marrakech.jpg

Access to the first ever Mineral Show in Morocco - Marrakech.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  26379 Time(s)

Access to the first ever Mineral Show in Morocco - Marrakech.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 12:48    Post subject: First ever Mineral Shows in Morocco - Now Midelt Show!  

Jordi Fabre wrote:
As I mentioned in my columns about Ste. Marie Show 2010 -> https://www.mineral-forum.com/message-board/viewtopic.php?p=12204#12204 the next year will run, for the first time in Morocco, two Mineral Shows, one in Midelt and the other in Marrakech...

It seems that finally both Shows will run in Morocco in 2013. I add the scan of the flyer that the organizers of the Midelt Show distributed in the past Tucson Show.

Midelt Show 2013 front.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  25928 Time(s)

Midelt Show 2013  front.jpg

Midelt Show 2013 rear.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  25907 Time(s)

Midelt Show 2013  rear.jpg

Jordi Fabre

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2013 05:07    Post subject: Warning: The Marrakech Show canceled!!!  

This is amazing, the Marrakech Show is canceled!!!

We advertise it here, we were in contact with the organizers (those who do not know personally), they very kindly thanks for the promotion and they were sending more complementary info, and today, just by chance, Josele discovered that the show that was going to start within 8 days, will not held!

Simply, the organization has not warned anyone (not even warn on its website: https://www.marrakechmineral.com/bourse.php ) and when people had arrived there would find that there was no fair...

Index -> Mineral Shows   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: