We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
25 Jul-11:09:26 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
25 Jul-10:49:33 Re: celestite geode in dolomite block? or what, halite? (Corneldumitru)
25 Jul-08:13:07 Re: celestite geode in dolomite block? or what, halite? (Bob Morgan)
25 Jul-02:46:09 Re: celestite geode in dolomite block? or what, halite? (James Catmur)
24 Jul-14:52:13 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Linus)
24 Jul-14:41:03 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
24 Jul-13:47:19 Celestite geode in dolomite block? or what, halite? (Corneldumitru)
24 Jul-12:18:05 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Johan Kjellman)
24 Jul-10:26:19 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
23 Jul-18:40:43 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Bob Carnein)
23 Jul-17:36:31 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Linus)
23 Jul-17:34:00 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Linus)
23 Jul-09:37:34 Re: help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (James Catmur)
23 Jul-09:03:02 Re: unknown mineral from pikes peak pegmatite (Bob Morgan)
23 Jul-07:27:50 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Susan Robinson)
23 Jul-02:23:46 Re: mineral talks live - episode 41 - alan hart - ceo; gem-a, london, england, united king (Tobi)
23 Jul-02:20:06 Re: hillman hall of minerals and gems (Tobi)
23 Jul-02:15:45 Re: black, metallic, yellow oxide? (Tobi)
23 Jul-02:03:58 Re: help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (Tobi)
22 Jul-22:56:37 Re: help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (Steveb)
22 Jul-22:46:39 Re: help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (Gentrydodd)
22 Jul-22:44:53 Re: help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (Volkmar Stingl)
22 Jul-22:41:14 Help identify this rock. Sapphire?? (Gentrydodd)
22 Jul-22:05:14 Re: help identify this rock (Alexsolis)
22 Jul-22:00:01 Re: help identify this rock (Matt_zukowski)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is Jul 25, 2021 15:09

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
  Index -> National Library of Spain / Biblioteca Nacional de España (BNE) and FMF

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Roger Warin

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2021 18:00    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Hi Don,
Thank you for your answer, because my language as a chemist is not always well understood.
No, your mind is not at all simple. Quite the contrary.
You describe the same reality as me.
What I wanted to describe, like you but with other words, is how the virus travels through the air, because I am afraid of the virus. I am an old man. For that I had to imagine how these organic corpuscles managed to stay suspended in the air like tobacco smoke. For this, these virus corpuscles must be enclosed in a fog, even invisible.
When there is a humidity of 70%, we do not see the water vapor. However, these tiny droplets (nano) can carry the virus.
This is what worries me the most. The virus is almost in a gaseous state. This is the worst possible situation. It is really pernicious, the worst of all. We see it in London today.
Currently, I am almost under house arrest by the state, with little ability to travel. Of course I can buy food and possibly buy other items. But I can't go to a hairdresser for my hair (I barely have more hair).
It is absolutely necessary to wear the mask like the soldiers gassed in the Yser plain in 1914-1918. The air inlet must be closed off as much as possible from above the nose.
Reply to topic Reply with quote

Michael Shaw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2021 19:38    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Roger Warin wrote:
Hi Don,
Thank you for your answer, because my language as a chemist is not always well understood. I have to imagine how these organic corpuscles managed to stay suspended in the air like tobacco smoke. For this, these virus corpuscles must be enclosed in a fog, even invisible.

Roger,
The corona virus particles are 70–90 nm in diameter, so they can remain suspended in the air for quite some time.

Don Lum

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2021 23:11    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Hello Professor Warin,

Perhaps this study may be useful to you.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/25/uk-scientists-begin-study-of-how-long-covid-can-survive-in-the-air
(link normalized by FMF)

Don Lum

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2021 12:43    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

I have been watching the college football national championship playoffs on television the last couple of weeks and have noticed something interesting in the segments between the action. It appears that there are mineral crystals similar to beryl and quartz crystals in the graphics. Don't know why but this is the first time I have seen this and I have been watching football on television for probably 60+ years.

Don

Bob Morgan

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2021 14:56    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

I saw that too, and there were some that looked like ferberite and blue cap tourmaline. The graphic artist deserves some recognition. These were good!

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2021 15:33    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Hi to everybody!
Here in Italy it's strictly compulsory to wear a mask covering mouth and nose, and it's compulsory to respect an interpersonal distance of at least 1 metre. Nevertheless we have at least 300 to 700 deaths per day...
Greetings by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

B.

PostPosted: May 27, 2021 10:09    Post subject: I hope that this photo brings a smile  

And, finally, I hope that this photo brings a smile to some faces during these hard times.

My grandson, 18 months old, is really into rocks.....these are his formative years!

My daughter and her husband live in Italy, North of Genoa. Both have dual US/Italian citizenship, with both being fluent in Italian and English. The little one speaks 3 languages, English, Italian and mostly gibberish.

The photo is on a recent trip to the beaches of the Ligurian Sea, near Genoa. :). BOB

fullsizeoutput_3989.jpeg
 Description:
 Viewed:  1102 Time(s)

fullsizeoutput_3989.jpeg

Sante Celiberti

PostPosted: May 27, 2021 14:46    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Nice.
A great promise for mineral collecting, since that area is very rich in garnets, epidotes, diopsides, vesuvianites etc.
Let's hope he follows in his grandfather's footsteps. That's what I'm hoping about my grandchildren.
And let's not lose the illusion that the new generations are willing to listen to our "gibberish".

Best regards.
Sante

Tobi

PostPosted: May 30, 2021 02:34    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Great, Bob!!!

I also hope that this cute little fellow will follow your footsteps. I know the proud feeling when the very young get involved in our hobby and when they seem to like it. My sons are 5 and 3 y/o and they're already interested in rocks, I hope this will endure! Good to to see that there are more little fellows who might be the FMF community of the future ;-)

Regards
Tobi

Philippe Durand

PostPosted: May 30, 2021 05:50    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

get vaccine :) and enjoy life

20210508_155210.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  874 Time(s)

20210508_155210.jpg

20210508_154916.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  874 Time(s)

20210508_154916.jpg

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: May 30, 2021 14:57    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Hi to everybody!
Here in Italy the situation is slowly improving, TOO slowly in my opinion. I got the first inoculation (AstraZeneca) on March 14 and I should get the second one next Sunday. Then... let's hope!
Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Hi! I'm a collector of minerals since 1973 and a gemmologist. On Summer I always visit mines and quarries all over Europe looking for minerals! Ok, there is time to tell you much much more! Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Jordi Fabre
Overall coordinator of the Forum

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2021 14:15    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Yet life goes on...

Cycas revoluta.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  239 Time(s)

Cycas revoluta.jpg

Riccardo Modanesi

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2021 14:35    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Hi to everybody!
Here in Italy the situation has significantly improved from the point of view of victims and hospitalized people, but cases are increasing again, due to the Delta variant. Ok, let's hope it's not so aggressive like the other ones, however I got my second inoculation on last June 6 and printed my Green Pass. My second inoculation was AstraZeneca once again and I had no problem at all. I succeeded in doing my bicycle tour through Europe the last three weeks too, I visited Jachymov, Annaberg, Ehrenfriedensdorf, Freiberg, Lwowek Slaski (despite the mineral show was cancelled) and Lubin. Keep healthy everybody!
Greetings from Italy by Riccardo.

Tobi

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2021 01:49    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Riccardo Modanesi wrote:
Hi to everybody! Here in Italy the situation has significantly improved from the point of view of victims and hospitalized people, but cases are increasing again, due to the Delta variant [...]
Same here in Germany. I got my 2nd vaccination with Biontech some weeks ago and I hope everyone here who wants to get vaccinated will get it as soon as possible. Stay healthy and let's hope that the situation doesn't get too bad again!

Best regards
Tobi

Dany Mabillard

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2021 07:45    Post subject: Re: Stay at home - Coronavirus / Covid-19  

Finally after 2 weeks of rain, the summer is back .

20210720_210256.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  123 Time(s)

20210720_210256.jpg

Index -> National Library of Spain / Biblioteca Nacional de España (BNE) and FMF   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 18 of 18
  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  

Jump to: